Le Vigne at Montaluce Winery
501 Hightower Church Road
Dahlonega, GA 30533Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Le Vigne at Montaluce Winery
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.montaluce.com/dining_at_montaluce.html
- Phone: (706) 867-4060
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday-Saturday 11AM-3PM
Brunch: Sunday 11AM-3PM
Dinner: Friday &Saturday-5:30PM-9PM (exception for special events)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Sean Fritchle
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Weddings & Events from 5 people to 225 people to fit any budget!
- Entertainment: Music Sunday 1-4 In the Wine Tasting Room
- Special Events: Restaurant and Wine Tasting Room hours may be shortened for special/private events.
A word from Le Vigne at Montaluce Winery
Food culture is very important to the kitchen at Le Vigne Restaurant, more specifically, local food culture. We believe that food and the sharing of food builds community, especially if the food and wine that is shared is rooted within the community.That is why we not only produce wine from grapes grown in our own vineyard, but grow produce in our own organic garden on the property. What we don’t produce ourselves, we source from the local farms. We want to be able to provide our guests with local, sustainable foods as well as provide the local artisans and farmers an outlet for their hard work. At the beautiful Le Vigne Restaurant, situated high above the vineyards, guests will discover a dedication to honoring the flavors of our region throughout each of the four seasons in a menu that changes regularly to reflect the best of what is available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Le Vigne at Montaluce Winery - Best Restaurants in Dahlonega ›
Le Vigne at Montaluce Winery reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (81)special occasion (65)great for outdoor dining (62)romantic (56)fit for foodies (50)great for lunch (46)notable wine list (40)great for brunch (37)good for groups (35)neighborhood gem (8)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- First-rate, five star winery restaurantKburnsinATLDined on 11/20/2014Superb everything! Week night dining at the restaurant, Le Vigne, found to be a great "treat yourself" night or special occassion destination. Every detail between seating to dessert was carefully thought through and well-minded by every member of the staff. Can't applaud the chef and kitchen team enough about the quality and presentation of the food. The winemaker's talent and efforts put into his personal reserve is truly evident, full of flavor with a beautiful finish. We were not disappointed choosing the Chef's Choice Five-Course dinner with the Accent Reserve. Truly top notch! Look forward to returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excelent food, wine and ambiance but a bit rushedNatalieDined on 11/15/2014This was an all girls getway trip and my 5th time at Le Vigne and the food as always was fantastic! What great ambiance and views. The only complaint I had was the service was a bit slow and towards the end we felt a bit rushed due to an event being held at the winery. I would have liked to have had another bottle of wine to enjoy the winery. Events should not crossover with lunch reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Autumn Lunchc00lt0mVIPDined on 11/14/2014We reserved for lunch and were seated at a window table with a wonderful view of the vineyard and Georgia mountains. Service was attentive. I tried the $18 glass of the reserve Syrah and found it to be very good but I doubt I would purchase a bottle for $79. The beet salad and Cinderella pumpkin soup with burnt sage were both outstanding in flavor and presentation. The wild Coho salmon and Springer mountain chicken were both good. Overall a very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So So FoodWineNDineDined on 11/9/2014Chef reviews were great. Food illustrations were beautiful! Food taste bland and $16 for 5 tiny blocks of cheese, ugh! I ordered the chocolate mousse like desert and it tasted and looked like jello pudding. Plating was not great, floor tiles and desert in a tiny fish bowl. The winery grounds were very scenic and views of the grounds from the restaurant were lovely. The tasting room and outdoor eating area were set up nicely, but the restaurant needs new chairs; I noticed the leather like material in the seats looked worn. The wait staff was very nice and did a great job. Valet service was a delightful surprise. I would love to re-visit but not until the flavor of the food is significantly improved. Montaluce was great food so-so.Special Features:
- SAgirlSAgirlDined on 11/9/2014This is a great setting for lunch/brunch especially in the fall when the leaves are changing as the view is wonderful. Menu is limited but enough choice as the food is excellent. Wine list is all their own but the ones we tried were very good. It gets very booked up so you need to reserve well in advanceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italy in the GA MountainsjammupDined on 11/7/2014Great views, romantic, food was superb, great presentations, service was exceptional and well versed in the dishes presentedSpecial Features:
- What a treat!SharonRachelDined on 11/2/2014We came for brunch on Sunday after spending a weekend in the mountains and it was the perfect way to end our mini-vacation. The view was just stunning! The dining room overlooks the vineyards, and there is also an outdoor patio. It was on the cool side out but there are heaters on the patio and the folks dining outside didn't seem to be uncomfortable. Our server was very knowledgeable about the menu and the wines. The wine flights were a fun add-on to our meal, as was my "mead-mosa". The food was delicious - I had trout on a bed of risotto, and we split pumpkin bread pudding for dessert. Afterwards I bought a bottle of wine from the shop. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a lovely, elegant meal.Special Features:
- Love ItwhatatreatDined on 10/31/2014We have been coming to the restaurant for several years in the Fall at our birthday time. We love the view, the service, the food and the overall experience. We look forward to it every year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful viewCindylouDined on 10/30/2014I have been wanting to dine here for a while and it did not disappoint. The food was spectacular but the view is breathtaking. It was a very romantic fall day. I highly recommend a visit. It's worth the drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bright Mountain IndeedMullinsDined on 10/25/2014Always a treat to visit and lunch at Bright mountain. This time of year finds it crowded with weddings and parties but It is still worth wadding thru elbow room for a great lunch and food by Sean and his crew. David had our table as was very good at taking care of us. Thanks!Special Features:
- New ChefDocSweitzerDined on 10/25/2014We were told they have a new chef and the menu has changed. My wife had pork meat balls she said was good. I ordered the BLT and the bread seemed stale and hard I cut off the crust, and very lite on the bacon and tomato. I'm in no rush to go back.Special Features:
- Just like being in Napa but closer!JulesATLDined on 10/24/2014We have been going to the wineries of North Georgia for years, Montluce is definitely the most elegant. We had lunch outside over looking the pond and the vines. The appetizers and sandwiches were great. Our only complaint is that the 2 glasses of Prosecco we ordered prior to lunch were not cold, barely cool. My husband wanted to send them back but we were having such a wonderful afternoon I didn't want to do it. Our server was Jessica, she was great! You MUST go, spend the night at the Hall House on the square, hit Wolf winery also!!Special Features:
- Beautiful view and delicious wineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Our lunch and wine tasting experience was amazing, will definitely go back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved Le VigneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Le Vigne at Montaluce is a beautiful restaurant with breathtaking views of the surrounding vineyards and mountains. It's relaxing and elegant, with excellent service. The menu features mostly gourmet items, with few items for a lighter lunch which we would have preferred after our wine tasting and cheese tray. We would highly recommend it, though, for a lovely destination place on a gorgeous fall day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A food AdventureLarryandKathyDined on 10/17/2014Every mouthful of every dish was an absolutely wonderful adventure of flavors.Special Features:
- A must visit location.HerbieDined on 10/14/2014Elegant yet casual location with wonderful views. Wonderful food and ambience. Service was slow seemed understaffed. A great dining experience nonetheless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid brunchGolphin13Dined on 10/11/2014I've been for lunch, but first time for brunch today. Great food and a carafe of mimosas for $12.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Excellent food & service. Would highly recomment!Special Features:
- Special Anniversary Dinnerdt4dogsDined on 10/10/2014The staff at Le Vigne took very good care of my parents. I sent them there for a special Anniversary dinner and Le Vigne took care of all the details. My parents enjoyed every moment!!! We had just returned from a 2 week trip in Italy and Montaluce Winery was very reminiscent of our amazing visit.Special Features:
- Part of a Girl's Weekend...BokchoybrittDined on 10/10/20141st course: pumpkin soup. Best soup I had ever tasted. 2nd course: salad. She ordered the beet salad. I ordered the walnut salad. Hers was better. The walnut salad had greens, walnuts, pickled chaterelles, and some kind of blue cheese. Both were good, but I liked the beet salad better. The next course was the short ribs with a potato mash and root vegetables. Let me first begin by saying that the potato mash & root veg were fantastic. I wish I could eat that every night. Loved it. The beef however, was horrible. We couldn't even cut through it.Special Features:
- Super romantic lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/9/2014The food and service were great the view was fantastic. My wife and had lunch and got a cheese plate as a starter, and tried a few classes of the wine. for our main course my wife got the soup & salad and I got a burger as we had a few more glasses of wine. we finished with a desert that was very good. we ended up buying three bottles of wine to take home with us. I went there expecting the local wine to not be very good but was surprised to fine that they were as good as anything I have ever had. (In short great food, service, and wine add in the view and atmosphere and its a real winner)Special Features:
- Lunch in DahlonegaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014A great place to go for lunch and wine tasting. A real gem that you have to look for, but is awesome once you get there. A great view either inside or outside. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Couldn't Have Been Better!DavidfromAtlantaDined on 10/5/2014Fantastic wine, delicious food, wonderful service. Monteluce never fails to impress us! It was too late in the day for eggs w my short rib so I asked for vegetables instead. The kitchen graciously delivered with a tasty offering of beautifully sautéed vegetables. Our server was fantastic, on the ball and very informative! And, thank you, Monteluce for accommodating out late arrival because a flat tire! Y'all are the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Celebration at MonteluceBethDined on 10/5/2014Love going wine tasting at Monteluce, sitting outside on a beautiful day and having lunch. Great selection of cheeses as an appetizer to go with the wine. We had our wine tasting outside on the deck which was fabulous! We were asked to move to a table ealier than our reservation and then had to wait a long time for a server to come over in fact, we had to go ask who our server even was. The service overall was very slow on Sunday. Everything else was fabulous though.Special Features:
- A Gem in the MountainsJK4BCGADined on 9/28/2014La Vigne Monteluche is one of our favorite restaurants in North Georgia. We love the menu, the staff, the wines, and the gorgeous views!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic AnniversaryhairhaleyDined on 9/28/2014My husband and I recently visited Montaluce for the first time, which is hard to believe because we are locals. It was our 8th wedding anniversary and they made it super special. My husband and I both are foodies and always disappointed by food that we get out, but not here. The Sunday brunch was great! Then we followed brunch with a flight of wine each and a cheese platter. This is one of my favorite new spots and we'll definitely be back and I want Brooke as my server again. She was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Perfect Birthday Lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I truly felt as if I had just entered a village in Tuscany! Beautiful! My Daughter and I spent a lovely time together! Excellent food, cheese and wine! A birthday I will always treasure! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Montaluce MagnificoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Excellent food, excellent service, a superb weekend dinning experience. The venue is beautiful and the view is spectacular. The live music was an added treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fooddaytripperDined on 9/20/2014Although portions were small (snacks)- food was delicious. Lunch entrees were very good size and delicious also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience24YrAnniversaryDined on 9/20/2014We wanted to try something different for our anniversary. Going to Le Vigne was one of the best choices we could have made. The scenery was beautiful and the food and wine were outstanding.Special Features:
- ExceptionalMountainGoatDined on 9/19/2014A large group of us ate at LeVigne before a cycling event and the food was amazing - including the salads, main courses, and desserts. The chef is to be commended - some of the best tasting cuisine we've ever had. The view overlooking the vinyard is amazing and beautiful at sunset. This restaurant is great for groups on a special occasion or as a date or anniversary outing. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Travler2Dined on 9/19/2014While the wine was not especially notable (we did flights), the setting, views of the mountains and vineyards and the food and service are spectacular. The local cheeses and meats were elegant accompaniments to the flights. Two of us had two different chicken dishes, I had the rack of lamb and my husband said his scallops on rice grits were the best he'd ever had. We were a party of four, celebrating our longtime friends' 50th anniversary and we all agreed it was the perfect afternoon. Well worth the drive from Atlanta.Special Features:
- Great mealNORTHGAFOODIEDined on 8/31/2014We have had brunch and dinner many times at Le Vigne food and wine is always excellent, try some different cheese and meats for appetizer and we have never had a bad meal there. We have sat out on the patio several times and the local musicians are great playing many accoustic gems which just make brunch that much better! I choose energetic as the noise level because we were out on the patio with live music but inside its pretty peaceful.Special Features:
- Less than an hour from home!ggggVIPDined on 8/31/2014Beautiful setting, great menu. Farm to table. Service a little erratic, but pleasant. Overall- a lot of talk about how busy they were, although I don't think even half of the tables were seated. Definitely reminded me of Napa. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great viewBigwheelDined on 8/31/2014The view was terrific, we felt like we were in Tuscany. The scallops were wonderful, the type of meal you would want again and again. I would recommend the lamb.Special Features:
- Gorgeous outdoor dining experienceMichaelSVIPDined on 8/22/2014A spectacular sunset over the vineyard served make our anniversary celebration dinner for two truly special and memorable. The deck was quiet and the service attentive. We enjoyed the LA Stella cab blend. I had the Short rib entrée, she had the scallops. We shared the heirloom tomato plate with blue our cheese, the Arugula salad (with shaved Gouda--our server's suggestion.) and the Pork Belly. #highlyrecommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Rainy Day LunchreladieDined on 8/20/2014We had some lovely cheese and procutto with our wine flight. Followed by a delicious lunch. I love how the menu changes every time we are there. Would love to see the flatbread pizzas to make a come back. The service was impeccable, very friendly and attentive staff.Special Features:
- Beautiful wineryLuv2dineDined on 8/17/2014I was not impressed by the restaurant at all. The prices were too high for low quality, and small portions of food. In addition, our server always seemed to be in a rush. On the other hand, the atmosphere is absolutely gorgeous. I recommend this place for wine and cheese only. Both the wine and cheeses were delightful. I'll definitely be back for that.Special Features:
- First timeBearCatDined on 8/17/2014This was out first time dining at Le Vigne ar Montaluce and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The food was delicious, the scenery was beautiful, and the staff very friendly. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BettyVIPDined on 8/15/2014What a surprise to find this elegant restaurant out in the middle of nowhere! It is in a gorgeous setting. The building is beautiful and the food outstanding. An altogethersuperb experience.Special Features: