Le Vigne at Montaluce Winery
501 Hightower Church Road
Dahlonega, GA 30533Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Le Vigne at Montaluce Winery
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.montaluce.com/dining_at_montaluce.html
- Phone: 7068674060x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday-Saturday 11AM-3PM
Brunch: Sunday 11AM-3PM
Dinner: Friday &Saturday-5:30PM-9PM (exception for special events)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Austin Rocconi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Weddings & Events from 5 people to 225 people to fit any budget!
- Entertainment: Music Sunday 1-4 In the Wine Tasting Room
- Special Events: Restaurant and Wine Tasting Room hours may be shortened for special/private events.
A word from Le Vigne at Montaluce Winery
Food culture is very important to the kitchen at Le Vigne Restaurant, more specifically, local food culture. We believe that food and the sharing of food builds community, especially if the food and wine that is shared is rooted within the community.That is why we not only produce wine from grapes grown in our own vineyard, but grow produce in our own organic garden on the property. What we don’t produce ourselves, we source from the local farms. We want to be able to provide our guests with local, sustainable foods as well as provide the local artisans and farmers an outlet for their hard work. At the beautiful Le Vigne Restaurant, situated high above the vineyards, guests will discover a dedication to honoring the flavors of our region throughout each of the four seasons in a menu that changes regularly to reflect the best of what is available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Le Vigne at Montaluce Winery - Best Restaurants in Dahlonega ›
Le Vigne at Montaluce Winery reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (83)special occasion (70)romantic (63)great for outdoor dining (62)fit for foodies (50)great for lunch (48)great for brunch (42)notable wine list (39)good for groups (36)neighborhood gem (10)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Loved Le VigneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Le Vigne at Montaluce is a beautiful restaurant with breathtaking views of the surrounding vineyards and mountains. It's relaxing and elegant, with excellent service. The menu features mostly gourmet items, with few items for a lighter lunch which we would have preferred after our wine tasting and cheese tray. We would highly recommend it, though, for a lovely destination place on a gorgeous fall day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A food AdventureLarryandKathyDined on 10/17/2014Every mouthful of every dish was an absolutely wonderful adventure of flavors.Special Features:
- A must visit location.HerbieDined on 10/14/2014Elegant yet casual location with wonderful views. Wonderful food and ambience. Service was slow seemed understaffed. A great dining experience nonetheless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid brunchGolphin13Dined on 10/11/2014I've been for lunch, but first time for brunch today. Great food and a carafe of mimosas for $12.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Excellent food & service. Would highly recomment!Special Features:
- Special Anniversary Dinnerdt4dogsDined on 10/10/2014The staff at Le Vigne took very good care of my parents. I sent them there for a special Anniversary dinner and Le Vigne took care of all the details. My parents enjoyed every moment!!! We had just returned from a 2 week trip in Italy and Montaluce Winery was very reminiscent of our amazing visit.Special Features:
- Super romantic lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/9/2014The food and service were great the view was fantastic. My wife and had lunch and got a cheese plate as a starter, and tried a few classes of the wine. for our main course my wife got the soup & salad and I got a burger as we had a few more glasses of wine. we finished with a desert that was very good. we ended up buying three bottles of wine to take home with us. I went there expecting the local wine to not be very good but was surprised to fine that they were as good as anything I have ever had. (In short great food, service, and wine add in the view and atmosphere and its a real winner)Special Features:
- Lunch in DahlonegaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014A great place to go for lunch and wine tasting. A real gem that you have to look for, but is awesome once you get there. A great view either inside or outside. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Couldn't Have Been Better!DavidfromAtlantaDined on 10/5/2014Fantastic wine, delicious food, wonderful service. Monteluce never fails to impress us! It was too late in the day for eggs w my short rib so I asked for vegetables instead. The kitchen graciously delivered with a tasty offering of beautifully sautéed vegetables. Our server was fantastic, on the ball and very informative! And, thank you, Monteluce for accommodating out late arrival because a flat tire! Y'all are the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Celebration at MonteluceBethDined on 10/5/2014Love going wine tasting at Monteluce, sitting outside on a beautiful day and having lunch. Great selection of cheeses as an appetizer to go with the wine. We had our wine tasting outside on the deck which was fabulous! We were asked to move to a table ealier than our reservation and then had to wait a long time for a server to come over in fact, we had to go ask who our server even was. The service overall was very slow on Sunday. Everything else was fabulous though.Special Features:
- A Gem in the MountainsJK4BCGADined on 9/28/2014La Vigne Monteluche is one of our favorite restaurants in North Georgia. We love the menu, the staff, the wines, and the gorgeous views!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic AnniversaryhairhaleyDined on 9/28/2014My husband and I recently visited Montaluce for the first time, which is hard to believe because we are locals. It was our 8th wedding anniversary and they made it super special. My husband and I both are foodies and always disappointed by food that we get out, but not here. The Sunday brunch was great! Then we followed brunch with a flight of wine each and a cheese platter. This is one of my favorite new spots and we'll definitely be back and I want Brooke as my server again. She was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Perfect Birthday Lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I truly felt as if I had just entered a village in Tuscany! Beautiful! My Daughter and I spent a lovely time together! Excellent food, cheese and wine! A birthday I will always treasure! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Montaluce MagnificoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Excellent food, excellent service, a superb weekend dinning experience. The venue is beautiful and the view is spectacular. The live music was an added treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fooddaytripperDined on 9/20/2014Although portions were small (snacks)- food was delicious. Lunch entrees were very good size and delicious also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience24YrAnniversaryDined on 9/20/2014We wanted to try something different for our anniversary. Going to Le Vigne was one of the best choices we could have made. The scenery was beautiful and the food and wine were outstanding.Special Features:
- ExceptionalMountainGoatDined on 9/19/2014A large group of us ate at LeVigne before a cycling event and the food was amazing - including the salads, main courses, and desserts. The chef is to be commended - some of the best tasting cuisine we've ever had. The view overlooking the vinyard is amazing and beautiful at sunset. This restaurant is great for groups on a special occasion or as a date or anniversary outing. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Travler2Dined on 9/19/2014While the wine was not especially notable (we did flights), the setting, views of the mountains and vineyards and the food and service are spectacular. The local cheeses and meats were elegant accompaniments to the flights. Two of us had two different chicken dishes, I had the rack of lamb and my husband said his scallops on rice grits were the best he'd ever had. We were a party of four, celebrating our longtime friends' 50th anniversary and we all agreed it was the perfect afternoon. Well worth the drive from Atlanta.Special Features:
- Great mealNORTHGAFOODIEDined on 8/31/2014We have had brunch and dinner many times at Le Vigne food and wine is always excellent, try some different cheese and meats for appetizer and we have never had a bad meal there. We have sat out on the patio several times and the local musicians are great playing many accoustic gems which just make brunch that much better! I choose energetic as the noise level because we were out on the patio with live music but inside its pretty peaceful.Special Features:
- Less than an hour from home!ggggVIPDined on 8/31/2014Beautiful setting, great menu. Farm to table. Service a little erratic, but pleasant. Overall- a lot of talk about how busy they were, although I don't think even half of the tables were seated. Definitely reminded me of Napa. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great viewBigwheelDined on 8/31/2014The view was terrific, we felt like we were in Tuscany. The scallops were wonderful, the type of meal you would want again and again. I would recommend the lamb.Special Features:
- Gorgeous outdoor dining experienceMichaelSDined on 8/22/2014A spectacular sunset over the vineyard served make our anniversary celebration dinner for two truly special and memorable. The deck was quiet and the service attentive. We enjoyed the LA Stella cab blend. I had the Short rib entrée, she had the scallops. We shared the heirloom tomato plate with blue our cheese, the Arugula salad (with shaved Gouda--our server's suggestion.) and the Pork Belly. #highlyrecommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Rainy Day LunchreladieDined on 8/20/2014We had some lovely cheese and procutto with our wine flight. Followed by a delicious lunch. I love how the menu changes every time we are there. Would love to see the flatbread pizzas to make a come back. The service was impeccable, very friendly and attentive staff.Special Features:
- Beautiful wineryLuv2dineDined on 8/17/2014I was not impressed by the restaurant at all. The prices were too high for low quality, and small portions of food. In addition, our server always seemed to be in a rush. On the other hand, the atmosphere is absolutely gorgeous. I recommend this place for wine and cheese only. Both the wine and cheeses were delightful. I'll definitely be back for that.Special Features:
- First timeBearCatDined on 8/17/2014This was out first time dining at Le Vigne ar Montaluce and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The food was delicious, the scenery was beautiful, and the staff very friendly. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BettyVIPDined on 8/15/2014What a surprise to find this elegant restaurant out in the middle of nowhere! It is in a gorgeous setting. The building is beautiful and the food outstanding. An altogethersuperb experience.Special Features:
- Beautiful lunch at La VigneFINEDININGCAPVIPDined on 8/15/2014Four of us dined at La Vigne on a Friday for lunch. Service was great, food was great. The only negative was a pesty fly who kept swarming around. Wish they could have figured out a way to get rid of that.Special Features:
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014I took my mother here for a belated mother's day. We were both very impressed. The view from the dining room was awesome. Our meal was exceptional. I had the short rib and I wish I wasn't the driver because I really would have enjoyed another glass of their wine with my meal. It was an expensive afternoon but well worth it.Special Features:
- ExcellentPTH1Dined on 8/7/2014Wonderful time at Le Vigne. It has recently changed hands, but it was not noticeable based upon the excellent food and service. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pastoral Taste Treategluv2dineDined on 8/5/2014A Tenuta in Tuscany re-created in Georgia, Monteluce has been tastefully and elegantly constructed to give the impression of a hill town in Tuscany and is succeeding quite well to be as young as it is. We did not have time to enjoy the Tasting Room but our waiter was generous to let us sample and choose a lovely Accompniment for our delicious lunch. The staff was most welcoming and we look forward to a return visit. After having trekked through the French, Italian, Californian, and Oregon vineyards, it is wonderful to have one that is so lovely on our doorstep!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le VigneBrantDined on 8/3/2014It was worth the long drive for a lovely lunch with scenic view.Special Features:
- awesome food and viewtammyDined on 8/2/2014Le Vigne was above a 5. Food was great and the view looking at hills and vines was spectacular. Service was excellent. Would definitely go back. It is wonderful for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DutchieDined on 7/31/2014Can really recomend this place: High quality, fresh food, well prepared and served in a way you would expect at a star restaurant. Portion was plenty for me but is smaller than average American size plates. But that should not bother you as the quality is really best I have had in the Atlanta areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor dining experienceBugsyDined on 7/26/2014A great location for outdoor dining. While a little pricey, the food is excellent and the ambience is superb. Make sure to get reservations even for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2014We were in the area and decided to eat here. We sat outside on the patio and the view was outstanding. The staff was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a scenic lunchLovemywineDined on 7/25/2014Lunch with friends, great service, interesting and tasty food. Good wine. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Lovely AfternoonfreshfoodieDined on 7/20/2014Visited this past Sunday. There was a singing duo outside on the porch, singing lovely folk type 70's and some 80's songs...right up our alley!The service was quite slow but we let it slide. Unfortunately, our meals arrived and they got our orders mixed up. Unfortunately again, our server didn't return after the food was set down for probably 15-20 more minutes. All the while the food was getting cold and we were getting antsy. We were both hungry but unable to eat the food due to rareness preferences of my friend. Long story short, the manager did credit our tab for 2 drinks and they corrected their mistake, remaking one of our meals. It was delicious! So good and fresh! The presentation and flavors were top notch and definitely gourmet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunchsaluda26Dined on 7/20/2014The food, service and view are out of this world. Great place for Sunday Brunch.Special Features:
- The best place in North Georgia!VovoVIPDined on 7/19/2014We have been to Montaluce many times, and each time our experience gets better! Thee food is of the highest quality, imaginatively prepared and artistically presented by a friendly and competent wait staff. We never feel hurried and have often lingered over coffee or another glass of wine, enjoying the lovely sight of the vineyard in the foreground and the mountains in the background. Definitely a destination restaurant!Special Features:
- "FOODIE" Hidden Gem!!EasternDined on 7/19/2014I highly recommend for food, wine and service! The views and facility are stunning. The chef has been trained by some of the Top Chefs in Atlanta. The food quality, preparation and presentation would be worthy of a "Mobile" 4 Star rating.Special Features: