1019 S 11th St.
Philadelphia, PA 19147Neighborhood:
VietnamesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.levietrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2154631570
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Vietnamese, Asian
- Executive Chef: Sinh Cao
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us at email@example.com or call us at 215-463-1570 for more details.
A word from Le Viet
Le Viet is a Vietnamese Restaurant located in South Philadelphia. The restaurant serves traditional Vietnamese cuisine with a modern feel. Our Cuisine offers an exciting combination of complex yet delicate flavors showcasing fresh herbs, vegetables, meats, seafood, and our house special sauce.Continued
Come and get a little taste of Le Viet!
Come and get a little taste of Le Viet!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Le Viet reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (12)fit for foodies (7)good for groups (7)special occasion (6)great for lunch (5)romantic (4)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- One of my favswakawoohooDined on 5/22/2014I got here all the time with my boyfriend. I haven't gotten tired of this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Thai Placeomnivore9412Dined on 5/16/2014Great service. Polite attentive waiters. Great food. Great pricesSpecial Features:
- outstandingPhillyPhoodieDined on 5/11/2014Our server's reccs were right on. The appetizer in the rice cracker with the clams and meat filling was delicious. The beef was actually real strips of beef and the seafood had huge pieces of fish, shrimp, and squid. Definitely would go back. Great service too.Special Features:
- Good place but loudJanManDined on 5/9/2014Good food; good prices; nice ambience; no parking; too noisy even when it was half fullSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- centercitygalVIPDined on 5/9/2014Very much enjoyed my spring rolls and pineapple salad - perfect. Husband enjoyed his large bowl of pho. Pleasant, attractive place.Special Features:
- Great Date NightChamaDined on 5/3/2014Food was outstanding! Service was great. Most importantly the price was very reasonable. This is going to be my new favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best All AroundDinersFromDCVIPDined on 5/3/2014On our arrival we were given a warm welcome by John who was also our main waiter. He had a great personality, was charming and helped us order a spectacular meal! A few things we really loved because of their bursting flavors: pineapple salad, the minced clams, the short ribs and the vermicelli noodles. We still had five entrees as well one more delicious than the other. This was not the typical Vietnamese restaurant with golden Buddhas and live octopus swimming around in your soup. We also had two other servers, Ivy and Kevin who were equally as delightful as John offering us big smiles and family recipes! A fantastic team of servers, delicious food and a very nice setting made Le Viet a most enjoyable dining experience in PhillySpecial Features:
- a123VIPDined on 4/29/2014We arrived for reservation and there was group being led by a person with a loudspeaker directing a painting class! Not exactly what we expected so we left.
- Group DiningSouthernfoodie82Dined on 4/26/2014Le Viet is a great place for groups. We had a group of 18 people and the staff was very accommodating. The food was excellent as always. We would recommend this place if you love food and looking for a kid friendly restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 99 reviews are from the Le Viet reviews archive.
- Authentic, not all the way thereCatNDined on 4/18/2014I'm Vietnamese American and grew up on the authentic Viet restaurants on these few blocks of Washington Avenue. I go to Le Viet because the flavors are authentic. I hate that there are so few fresh vegetable dishes (basically you have to order 1 of the 3 appetizer slaws if you want a veggie dish, which is an important component in Viet meals). They didn't allow addition of pork to the clay pot fish, which is a standard request that has been accommodated here before and would be at any other place. Server failed to tell us what beers they were out of before drink orders, which I wouldnt expect in a mom-pop Viet place but would if you're shooting for a nicer establishment (and sacrificing pork in the Kho to)! Not quite there yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Vietnamese!LeopardprintDined on 4/9/2014Great setting, service and delicious food. Servings smaller than normal Vietnamese so get an appetizer. The pork bun sliders are Amazing. Good cocktails. Great vermicelli. Really reasonably priced. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding all aroundDyDuoVIPDined on 4/5/2014This restaurant is phenomenal. The food is creative and always delicious. Highlights include the quail with lime and pepper sauce, the clam and ground beef app that is served in an eatable bowl made of sesame crackers, the beef and asparagus, pad thai, and all the vermicelli options. The servers are kind, efficient, and so sweet. We love this place and go at least twice a month for the most reasonable meal in the city. We have never, ever been disappointed and always leave feeling like we just had one of the healthier meals we could have had with the hundreds of restaurants we have to choose from. Sam the manager runs a tight ship and does and amazing job. This is a must if you want the best Vietnamese-Thai food in Philly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tastyjudyDined on 3/29/2014Very tasty, especially appetizers. Service very efficient.Special Features:
- unexpected gemphoodieVIPDined on 3/2/2014Le Viet was a last minute decision rather late on a rainy Sunday night, and it turned out to be a truly lovely experience. The atmosphere and decor are very sleek and modern, in stark contrast to what you might expect from a Vietnamese restaurant in Chinatown or South Philly. The staff was so pleasant and accommodating without being overbearing. And the food was delicious. We got one of the clay pot dishes, in which with fresh ginger was balanced with savory flavor and perfectly cooked white fish. A crab and rice noodle soup was perfect to warm us up from the weather. The inexpensive bill was also well received. My only suggestion for improvement is with the wine list, particularly if they are trying to go for a more upscale feel.
- Great, affordable food! Service OK.dylemaDined on 2/28/2014We had a party here celebrating two birthdays. The food was excellent and the staff accommodated our large group of 12. Only one minor mishap, one person got served the wrong clay pot. The server delivered the right clay pot to her, so my friend gave the remainder of what she hadn't eaten to the guy who did order it - then the server came back to the table and it back from him because we "weren't paying for it." Kinda weird - aren't they just going to throw it away? Also we were not allowed to pay with more than 2 credit cards - but they did split our checks for us which was nice. Luckily for those of us who did not bring cash, there is a CVS next door with an ATM. Le Viet beef slider for an appetizer was tasty, as was the beef chow fun.Special Features:
- Best YetDebbVIPDined on 2/15/2014When we arrived the place was buzzing The snow did not deter a soul Our meal,was superb While eating we found dozens of items for next timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceBar2dineVIPDined on 2/10/2014Thank you For a wonderful dining experience. Great service fresh and delicious food in a relaxed atmosphere. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PERFECT!merdealorsDined on 2/8/2014This is not the first time open table asks for a feedback once we have been to this restaurant Le Viet, so I do not want to repeat my blabla. I am simply happy that it is still PERFECT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedScottVIPDined on 1/31/2014Went with 5 friends and we were all let down. Service was mediocre at best: having to ask for more water gets annoying, non-mixed drinks took about 15 minutes, food was brought out to everyone except one person which is odd, and there were charges in the bill for items we didn't order. A restaurant's poor service can be redeemed by good food but unfortunately that was not the case. The meat in the pho was closer to what we saw in Vietnam rather than America (sounds authentic but it's definitely not desirable). Pork buns were way over cooked and the buns were rock solid on the bottom. Shorts ribs were more bone and fat than anything else. Stick to "Vietnam" in Chinatown or any of the 5 other places on Washington ave. not recommended.
- healthy and wonderfulMoogieVIPDined on 1/19/2014La Viet is a wonderful little gem. Right next to CVS, who would have thought. We had a wonderful dinner there. Everything was seasoned to perfection. Very friendly waiters.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsLili51Dined on 12/31/2013Le Viet is in my neighborhood so I have been there several times. The food is delicious and the service excellent. Everything I have ordered has been amazing. I went for New Year's Eve dinner; excellent and so inexpensive. We had the watercress salad, healthy watercress, crunch from peanuts and a delicious dressing. For dinner we ordered 3 entrees and shared; charbroiled shrimp, fried shrimp dish and the seasonal vegetables. Veggies and greens are a must for me and these are substantial, broccoli, bok choy, mushrooms, onion, and more in a yummy sauce. We both ate more than we planned and left full and satisfied. This place is a gem!Special Features:
- we went to vietnam over theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2013we went to vietnam over the summer and missed the wonderful food and people. the food at Le Viet was spectacular and it was just like being back in Vietnam. Awesome playlist of music and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Reasonable prices in a pretty spaceSmmphdVIPDined on 11/23/2013When we first arrived, the servers were disorganized and no one seemed to know whose table we were. But as the meal got going, things smoothed out. The food was very good and hardly any more than you would pay to eat under glaring fluorescent lights on Formica tables elsewhere in the neighborhood.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best Vietnamese in town!merdealorsDined on 11/16/2013Easy to find, easy to park for free near the restaurant, modern attractive facade, welcoming and efficient staff, comfortable and spacious seating areas, booths, perfect lighting, great acoustic, large menu, large drinks choices... but the best is the cooking. The best vegetable fried rice that I have been looking for for a while, spicy authentic soups, good portion sizes, good prices, you will want to come back and explore the menu furthermore. Great evening there!Special Features:
- Great!EliGDined on 11/16/2013Great food, great ambiance. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great little out of the way gemMaxineDined on 11/10/2013Always enjoy going to Le Viet. Food is always good and the menu has many many options . I was with a friend who diet had to be gluten free- no problem they whipped up a dish to please!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- decent food, nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/2/2013Food wasn't anything to write home about, but was good and fresh. Basically this is where I'd go if I wanted Vietnamese food in a bit more pleasant environment then a lot of the more 'mom and pop' feeling restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- great family dinnerkimmieDined on 10/26/2013great food, good service, awesome bartending and cocktails! very pleased with our food and affordable pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Great Restaurant!DE123Dined on 10/21/2013Always very friendly service, delicious food, nice setting. Great value for money. Easy parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Very ComfortableBoBoDined on 10/20/2013Really enjoyed our first visit. Great food with a wonderful variety of choices. We will of course be returning and bringing other friends who enjoy dining out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was great. The flavorsjgirlDined on 10/18/2013It was great. The flavors were complex and satisfying. Service was attentive. Love this place. Didn't disappointSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous ResturantHotspot2dineDined on 10/8/2013Great place, excellent service, beautiful ambiance . Moderately priced, Definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant Bella Vista VietnameseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2013A classy and delicious vietnamese restaurant in a not incredibly classy location. Worth the walk from center city for a little adventure and some delicious pork.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the menu is expansive - veryinteresSethVIPDined on 9/28/2013the menu is expansive - veryinteresting choices. We had some appitizers, the sliders were crazy good. Overall for our first visit to a Vietnameese resturant we were very happy and will return. Parking is a challange though.Special Features:
- Delicious FlavorsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2013We went during Restaurant Week for dinner and enjoyed three courses sharing the chicken slider, Pho with beef, tofu with seasonal vegetables and Vietnamese flan. Everything was delicious and the restaurant, while uncrowded, was interestingly decorated with dark woods and cherry blossoms. We made a special trip from the suburbs to visit Le Viet and would gladly do so again.Special Features:
- Delicious food with very low priceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/21/2013This is one of our favorite restaurant. We took a guest there for dinner around 6:30PM. It was Restaurant Week, but ordering three-course meal was not required. I love to make my own Tofu spring rolls in rice wrap with peanut sauce. My partner loves pan-seared salmon with mango source plus peanut sauce. Our guest ordered a three-course meal for only $16.95. For the main course, she ordered Pho, noodle soup. She emptied the whole bowl without leaving a drop. The deemed light and the design in the restaurant creates the romantic ambiance, but it could be very noisy though when it is full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Vietnamese food in PhillyOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/24/2013Delicious and big portions of food with moderate or reasonable price. We are regular customers for dinner, never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great for a group gatheringNikkiDined on 8/15/2013The foods was somewhat disappointing. However, all dishes and drinks were reasonably priced and the staff was very kind and easygoing. I invited friends for a birthday celebration. Everyone had a great time. A wonderful place for a big group gathering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingJoanieDined on 8/12/2013Excellent food, attentive service. Fair pricing. Wonderful Choice. Everything I have had at le viet has been fresh with outstanding flavors and beautifully presentedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was great and ambienceShareVIPDined on 7/27/2013Service was great and ambience was very nice. Food didn't have the wow! or the yum! factor. Lacking in flavor.