385 West Tahquitz Canyon Way
Palm Springs, CA 92262Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.levallauris.com/
- Phone: 7603255059x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Le Vallauris has a policy that requires a credit card for reservations of 8 persons or more. Reservations MUST be cancelled by 9:00AM for LUNCH reservations and by 12:00 noon for DINNER reservations. A charge of $25 per person will be levied for cancellations made AFTER these hours.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Jean Paul Lair
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Le Vallauris has developed a famous reputation for outside caterings from 2 to 500 guests. The key to success is that Chef Jean Paul prepares all the food on site, no pre-cooked food is kept in hot boxes for a whole day! Le Vallauris has catered to parties as far as Laguna Beach at the coast. A professional service staff is used to give unobtrusive and friendly service. Weddings and Corporate events are their specialty. Comprehensive packages are available to accommodate budgets. Le Vallauris includes in its packages for up to 200 guests all the equipment needed except tables and chairs.
- Private Party Facilities: Le Vallauris has 2 inside dining rooms for private parties each one with a capacity for up to 50 persons. The Patio can also be used on a "buy out" basis for up to 150 persons and a tree shaded Gazebo is available for up to 120 guests. These facilities are able to use an array of "prix fixe" menus.
- Private Party Contact: Omar Haddedou 8669719532
- Entertainment: Le Vallauris has a pianist in the bar.
- Special Events: Le Vallauris can arrange for private events according to the wishes of the clients. We like to be known to be a "one stop shop!"
A word from Le Vallauris
Established in the heart of Palm Springs since 1973, Le Vallauris located at the foot of San Jacinto Mountains has been the highest rated restaurant in the Palm Springs Valley since its inception. Owned and operated by the well known restaurateur Paul Bruggemans who was also owner of the Famous Le St Germain restaurant in Hollywood. The Historic Landmark was built in 1927 and was owned by the owners of the famous Desert Inn which was The hotel in the Valley. Many grand parties were held in the house for guests such as Duke Ellington, Nat King Cole, Louis Armstrong and many more. It was a favorite place for General Patton when he was based in Palm Springs to stage the Battle of the Bulge during World War II. Later on, when the restaurant was established it became a favorite place for Presidents and the Hollywood elite. The renowned Patio lined with Giant Fichus trees is THE place to dine. The Patio is cooled in the Summer and heated in the Winter.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Le Vallauris - Best Restaurants in Palm Springs ›
Le Vallauris reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (70)romantic (67)special occasion (60)fit for foodies (55)notable wine list (32)neighborhood gem (28)great for brunch (18)scenic view (17)great for lunch (13)good for groups (10)hot spot (5)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Wonderfilled!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014As usual, incomparable experience! The Lobster salad was the best I have ever had - ever! Outstanding Menu, Ambiance, Service, People, Experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CoolersJoeyCopelandDined on 6/29/2014The temperature outside was a little bit warm and humid, felt like the coolers were not point to us or that they werent working propertly.Special Features:
- Excellent as always!JozyDined on 6/26/2014My husband and I went twice for dinner during our stay in Palm Springs and Le Vallauris is constantly excellent. In comparison to other restaurants that we also used to like to eat (but not so much based on recent experiences), Le Vallauris is the one that really stands out. We will be back for sure during our next stop in Palm Springs. Bravo et encore Bravo!Special Features:
- Wonderful as everLAwomanDined on 6/21/2014I've been going to Le Vallauris for 30 years, though hadn't been for about a decade. The host and waiters are as charming, the patio as lovely. and the food as special as I remember. Be aware, though: sauces lean toward traditional French, so will be on the rich side. The chocolate cake with a molten center is as good as I've ever had. Wonderfully romantic patio, too.Special Features:
- Splendid as alwaysTheoDined on 6/14/2014Just another greta experience at a true jewel in Palm SpringsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MAGNIFIQUE!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/13/2014I was thrilled to find Le Vallauris not yet closed for the season on our recent weekend get away in Palm Springs. This is an excellent spot to have dinner in the dessert! We took our friends for their first time, they loved it! You will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Wonderful!FoodieDined on 6/13/2014It had been at least 25 years since I dined at this beautiful restaurant, so I took my husband there for dinner while staying in Palm Springs. He was very impressed with the ambiance on the patio, so romantic and delightful. The wait staff is superb, the food delicious and memorable. I am so happy it is still operating, and is still excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding restaurantPLE3454Dined on 6/7/2014I Will remiember of m'y visit. One of the best restaurant in CaliforniaSpecial Features:
- Best French food in the desertAwinrmVIPDined on 6/6/2014For years, Le Vallauris has probably been the best restaurant in Palm Springs...let alone the desert. Great food, perfect service...unbelieveable ambience. A touch pricy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewrichardVIPDined on 6/4/2014Fantastic evening,,,, As always the food & service were impecable. Remains our favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmond's MeccaMichaelVIPDined on 6/1/2014Simply the best in the Desert, period. Great presentation and superb service. The wine list is a joy as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Perfect VisitWineDinerDined on 6/1/2014We usually dine here with friends for Sunday Brunch, especially if someone has a birthday or anniversary. This time we had a family member in town who had never been to Le Vallauris and since it was our Anniversary, we chose to treat him as well as ourselves. The menu featured both favorites (Smoked Salmon Salad & Tuna Tartare) as well as new delights, like Blue Nose Bass and Sweetbreads. The service was spot on as was the flow of Champagne. They never disappoint!Special Features:
- First Time!MikeMcGearDined on 5/31/2014Location is wonderful, tucked away off Palm Canyon. Patio dining under the trees is very pleasant...we settled in with drinks before our waiter brought around the menu on a white board and easel. I chose the Duck duo appetizer; my wife had the scallops. Both were delicious. Her lobster entree and my rack of lamb were very good. Service was friendly and efficient. Kudos...we will be back!Special Features:
- Très bon!DesertSpinDocDined on 5/31/2014We had been saving this restaurant for a "special occasion," and last night was the night. We only wish we hadn't waited. Le Vallauris is one of the best restaurants we've ever experienced -- anywhere. True, it is "French" -- certainly in name -- and true francophiles will be happy. But even those who detest all things French will find something to love about this place. The cuisine is inspired but not complicated; the service is exemplary. We sat outdoors -- even though it was pushing 100 degrees -- without noticing the heat. (The patio is shaded throughout the day and because the restaurant sits in the shade of the mountain, it cools off quickly for the evening. Large fans help, too.) It was packed -- reservations are a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyEllenDined on 5/30/2014Beautiful setting. My husband and I ate on the patio recently after dark. Don't reject the outdoors if it is a hot evening as the outdoor air conditioners made the temp (near 100) delightful. The setting was so lovely but it turns out that the food here is the star--it absolutely knocked us out. Fresh and beautifully presented with each course better than the last. I won't describe all that we had as I think, given our experience, they have probably mastered anything on the menu you might want to choose. (I am sounding like a commercial here but we are truly not often this impressed.) Le Vallauris was memorable, and to our view, is not to be missed when visiting Palm Springs.Special Features:
- French PerfectionPeregrine28Dined on 5/28/2014Being in Palm Springs was made memorable by Le Vallauris. The terrace, with its canopy of magnificent trees and twinkling lights, creates the setting and the setting is perfect. Each dish was outstanding. It is rare to find a restaurant that is excellent in all ways, but Le Vallauris is such a restaurant. Dinner is an experience one doesn't forget. Excellent French food, and the ambience of a French countryside Inn. Add to this a skilled staff, there to anticipate, but never intrude and all that is left to say is that we loved - loved this restaurant. And to be in 'Other Desert Cities' is to find your way back to Palm Springs for dinner at Le Vallauris.Special Features:
- Elegance with TastenotmyfirstrodeoVIPDined on 5/25/2014The magic starts as you walk through the door into the beautiful patio. Classic French cuisine with impeccable service. I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/24/2014Service was top-notch this past visit (it was a little shaky the last time we had visited in November), and the ambiance is always great, even if we weren't able to get a table in the courtyard this time. Food is always quite good, but can be a little hit-and-miss. For instance, my crispy duck was pretty dry, but my wife's lobster ravioli was amazing!Special Features:
- The best in the desert!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/22/2014This restaurant never fails to amaze! With out a doubt the best restaurant in Palm Desert, the food is outstanding the service wonderful a great place for any special occasion.Special Features:
- Love it!Luv2dineDined on 5/22/2014Thank-you for reliably being one of the BEST places to dine, not just in PS, not just Cali, but in the entire country!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/18/2014Classic French menu and style of service, even the attitude. Escargot great, Halibut very good. Wine list pricey, predominantly French and corkage is $35 (a bit high compared to L.A. even) Skip the Grand Marnier souffle, unless you like meringue, maybe the chocolate is better.Special Features:
- Wonderful BrunchMartiColucciDined on 5/18/2014Great experience for a special occasion or any Sunday. Experienced friendly staff. Beautiful tree covered patio. Excellent food. Good bottomless champagne. The owner comes out to check on every table. As good as a dinning experience can get in this desert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Viva la France!Spokane1Dined on 5/17/2014A perfect night out. The drinks were perfect, the appetizers special and the menu adventurous. The waiter staff here is exceptional if you haven't experienced it. Whatever your course don't miss the soufflé. We sat under the trees in the courtyard. Magnific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/16/2014Cocktails were excellent! Food superb! Must try the scallops the best we have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My dining experience.jjsinclairDined on 5/14/2014I recently attended this restaurant with my girlfriend after I got back from my deployment to treat her to fine dining. That's what you should expect. It was a very professional atmosphere and it had a very adult oreinted ambience. Expect to dress well and maintain high dining manners. I would not recommend this restaurant to the average out to dinner couple. This is a higher end restaurant with wonderful dining options and excellent service. You can expect expedient delivery of food with a wonderful presentation. It was an amazing restaurant just make sure you are prepared for the professionalism that is expected.Special Features:
- Nice LunchExperience at LeVallaurisPhoenixArizonaDined on 5/12/2014I had duck orange and my wife had veal scalopini. For desert, we had coconut caramel flan. Very tasty and highly recommended. Outdoor dining area is very nicely decorated, colorful and romantic. Weather was perfect and temperature was just right. We sat with the group attending a cooking class, as such the wait staff was mostly busy with the group and our service was just ok, could have been more timely and more attentive as expected of a French restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS WONDERFULDISHfanDined on 5/11/2014This is the first time we shared brunch and it was a wonderful "Mother's Day" experience. Food and service is outstanding. The last time we visited, was a special anniversary celebration and had a wonderful dinner. A TRUE GEM.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Bit of France in the DesertcitikitiDined on 5/11/2014We are lucky that the Coachella Valley has Le Vallauris, an authentic French experience to which I'm always proud to take visitors from out of town. My most recent outing was for Mother's Day brunch, and mom and I could not have been more pleased: wonderfully attentive service (but not overly attentive, as many American restaurants can be), endless refills of champagne, and exquisite food made for a perfect brunch. Mom had duck in a fig reduction, and I had quail stuffed with local medjool dates and orange zest. Fabulous desserts (perfect, smaller portions) rounded out the great experience.Special Features:
- Off the beaten pathOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2014Just off the main drag in Palm Springs tucked back up against the mountains is this wonderful fine dining experience. Great food, Drinks and Desert. the Souffle was outstanding!!!Special Features:
- Best food in Palm SpringsJmhergeyVIPDined on 5/9/2014I have been coming here for over 20 years and the food is excellent! The service is awesome. I love this place and what they do.Special Features:
- Wonderul DinnerDktenorDined on 5/8/2014We had a great dinner at Le Vallauris - it was our last night before returning home. The food was excellent. The service was attentive but relaxed. A nice touch is that the owner came around to talk to everyone. They have two prix fixe dinners as well as an extensive ala carte menu ( the latter displayed on a board at table side). We chose from the ala carte menu. The wine list is extensive, but we ordered glasses rather than a bottle. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING!!!SnowbirdVIPDined on 5/7/2014GORGEOUS outdoor patio and food to remember. The perfect place for any special occasion. We could not have been more pleased with the patio or the food.Special Features:
- Very romanticWallyVIPDined on 5/7/2014We had a great time here. Very romantic and a real original French restaurant!Special Features:
- Le VallaurisMKMNVIPDined on 5/6/2014Le Vallauris proved to be a delightful high-end restaurant. This was our first experience at Le Vallauris. We ate there with another couple, who were back for the fifth time. The food, the service, and the ambiance were all terrific. Our recommendation: eat on the patio1Special Features:
- The following 357 reviews are from the Le Vallauris reviews archive.
- vrmmDined on 5/5/2014my go to place when i'm in palm springs. the food,, the patio, the waiters, the owners are all perfect.Special Features:
- Extremely disappointedwasteDined on 5/3/2014Service was horrible - waited 20 minutes for menus and 15 before being approached with specials. Appetizers - I had the pork belly/duck ravioli and the chef failed to render most fat out of the pork belly nor a crispy skin . We then sat with our dirty plates in front of us for well over 10 minutes (we were sitting in the middle of the patio with servers and bus staff walking by repeatedly). Entrees- My wife ordered lobster sans sauce and it came soaking wet , I had ordered sweetbreads - a favorite. Sweetbreads soggy with sauce, mushy and slightly wet inside, not pressed properly with a livery taste, none of the firmness or crispiness on the outside. Actually decided to leave without even eating our main courses. First time ever.
- Rushed dinner service :(SaurausDined on 5/3/2014This is absolutely an awesome restaurant their menu and wine list are 'French' making it one our favourite restaurants in California. This is was our second visit to the restaurant and unfortunately the service/kitchen were rushing and as a consequence the food was not as great as the first time around. My wife and I enjoy having a slow dinner, meaning we don't want our entrees to be served the minute we are done with our appetizers which unfortunately in California no restaurant seems to understand. As to the food our appetizers were absolutely awesome, the 'cold green asparagus with quail eggs and caviar' was to die for, the crispy duck unfortunately was not crispy which most likely was due to the kitchen preparing it way too earlier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When You're Feeling Rich!DDDiners2Dined on 5/2/2014This is the best restaurant in Palm Springs! It is located in a historic bldg near the mountain, and yet right of the main drag of downtown Palm Springs. You will only want to sit in the outdoor patio, so be sure you add that to your Open Table request. It is Fancy-French - and quite pricey - but is elegant with fabulous service, and a delicious menu. Anniversary? First date? This is the place.Special Features:
- It's HeavenNotHard2PleaseVIPDined on 5/2/2014If heaven has restaurants Le Vallauris will be there! Everything is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful for a special mealBBooksDined on 5/2/2014We had the tasting menu and each course was amazing. Eating in the courtyard was magicalSpecial Features: