385 West Tahquitz Canyon Way
Palm Springs, CA 92262Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.levallauris.com/
- Phone: 7603255059x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Le Vallauris has a policy that requires a credit card for reservations of 8 persons or more. Reservations MUST be cancelled by 9:00AM for LUNCH reservations and by 12:00 noon for DINNER reservations. A charge of $25 per person will be levied for cancellations made AFTER these hours.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Jean Paul Lair
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Le Vallauris has developed a famous reputation for outside caterings from 2 to 500 guests. The key to success is that Chef Jean Paul prepares all the food on site, no pre-cooked food is kept in hot boxes for a whole day! Le Vallauris has catered to parties as far as Laguna Beach at the coast. A professional service staff is used to give unobtrusive and friendly service. Weddings and Corporate events are their specialty. Comprehensive packages are available to accommodate budgets. Le Vallauris includes in its packages for up to 200 guests all the equipment needed except tables and chairs.
- Private Party Facilities: Le Vallauris has 2 inside dining rooms for private parties each one with a capacity for up to 50 persons. The Patio can also be used on a "buy out" basis for up to 150 persons and a tree shaded Gazebo is available for up to 120 guests. These facilities are able to use an array of "prix fixe" menus.
- Private Party Contact: Omar Haddedou 8669719532
- Entertainment: Le Vallauris has a pianist in the bar.
- Special Events: Le Vallauris can arrange for private events according to the wishes of the clients. We like to be known to be a "one stop shop!"
A word from Le Vallauris
Established in the heart of Palm Springs since 1973, Le Vallauris located at the foot of San Jacinto Mountains has been the highest rated restaurant in the Palm Springs Valley since its inception. Owned and operated by the well known restaurateur Paul Bruggemans who was also owner of the Famous Le St Germain restaurant in Hollywood. The Historic Landmark was built in 1927 and was owned by the owners of the famous Desert Inn which was The hotel in the Valley. Many grand parties were held in the house for guests such as Duke Ellington, Nat King Cole, Louis Armstrong and many more. It was a favorite place for General Patton when he was based in Palm Springs to stage the Battle of the Bulge during World War II. Later on, when the restaurant was established it became a favorite place for Presidents and the Hollywood elite. The renowned Patio lined with Giant Fichus trees is THE place to dine. The Patio is cooled in the Summer and heated in the Winter.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Le Vallauris - Best Restaurants in Palm Springs ›
Le Vallauris reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelQuiet
great for outdoor dining (45)romantic (40)special occasion (39)fit for foodies (33)notable wine list (27)neighborhood gem (20)great for brunch (13)good for groups (12)scenic view (5)great for lunch (5)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- review by RichardrichardVIPDined on 10/14/2014La Vallauris was perfect in every way ... That's why we dine there often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/11/2014We came for our anniversary dinner. The outdoor terrace is beautiful and I highly recommend specially requesting the patio when you make your reservation. Our waiter was very informative and I appreciated that he had an opinion about the menu, it made it easier for me to make a choice! I rated the service a little lower because there were times where we were waiting a bit long for them to clear our plates...another way to loo at it was that they weren't rushing us to leave! Overall, a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousauntierDined on 10/10/2014This restaurant has consistently fabulous everything.Special Features:
- MaggieMaggieDined on 10/9/2014Wonderful dining experience, will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Gem in the Desert!!LovefoodVIPDined on 10/9/2014Whenever in Palm Springs Le Vallauris is always on our list of restaurants to go to. There is a beautiful outdoor patio that is below a cluster of large, lit up ficus trees. Even if it's warm out they have air-conditioners that cool down the patio. It's lovely! The food is absolutely delicious and the menu is on a dry erase board that sits on an easel. It adds to the charm! The waiters are in tuxedos and provide superior service. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply MarvelousOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/5/2014Have been visiting the Desert Area for years, and for some reason never got around to getting over to this restaurant. What a mistake. Was told it had been there for 43 years, and you would never know it! Well kept, very nice, with great service, and great food. Very impressive wine list. We enjoyed everything and will return every time we are out there from now on!Special Features:
- Fabulous,as alwaysPJMcDined on 10/5/2014Our favorite and the most special restaurant in Palm Springs and desert cities ... In every way!Special Features:
- MVSJDined on 10/2/2014Wonderful ambience, wonderful staff, wonderful food. Could not have been more impressed to stumble across this gem of a resturant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Hollywood glamourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/2/2014Great ambience, service and setting. Romantic. The owners come round to ask how the meal was and make you feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!GirlsnightDined on 10/2/2014Visiting Palm Springs on a girls trip, we decided to dine at Le Vallauris. It was outstanding! We dined at night in the courtyard and the ambiance was fantastic. The food was incredible and we both wished we could have eaten more. We tried the Halibut and the lobster as our entrees and they were wonderful. Service was perfect. Our favorite place! We will return for sure!!!! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WSR FLmadge20thDined on 10/2/2014The food was unique and some of the best I have ever had.The service was superb and the owner took the time to speak with us for several minutes. It was a magical evening for my wife and I. I f we are ever back in Palm Springs this will be our first dining stop.Special Features:
- C'est bon-One of my best everJDinerVIPDined on 10/2/2014Traveling we try to find special dining venues. In Palm Springs my hubby suggested Le Vallauris. Arriving Thurs @ 7 pm to no hostess, an empty bar & dining room was concerning. However the Maitre D swept us away to a magical courtyard w/45 yr old lit ficus trees. The chalkboard menu reinforced the daily changing creativity of chef. Maybe the best thing we have ever eaten was a Roquefort stuffed Pear on frisee. The crab duo was sublime & flawlessly cooked. Scared to try sweetbreads they made an app portion, & now it is my favorite item EVER! The delicate chops of Rack of Lamb perfectly cooked/seasoned as was the Whitefish on the menu for 40 years. Paul stopped by the table & is so charming. Don't miss this place for a special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new favoriteDesertSpinDocDined on 9/29/2014We were so impressed with Le Vallauris the first time that we had to go back again just to make sure it was real. Everything about this restaurant is perfect. Everything. Tonight I had vichyssoise to start and a lobster salad that featured half a lobster, at least. Great martinis. Great wine list. Terrific desserts. This valley has many good restaurants and even a few that are exceptional, but this is the best. Period.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect French meal!KitushaDined on 9/29/2014Friends recommended this restaurant very highly; they were not wrong. Our evening at beautiful Le Vallauris was a delight, from first to last. Every person treated us with friendly politesse. We enjoyed our meal on the enchanting patio, with just the right amount of light, plenty of space, NO clanking dishes or cutlery, NO dinging cash register or ringing phones - an oasis of elegance and luxury! The food was superbly prepared and presented: escargots in perfect buttery garlic, fresh warm bread, thick flavorful vichyssoise, duck and sweetbreads delicious, with perfect accompaniments. Excellent wines. The servers never rushed us. Dessert was creamy sweet vacherin with cherries, and Armagnac. Worth every penny. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le Vallauris - great as usualpracticaldinerDined on 9/27/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Le Vallauris - as usual, the service was impeccable, the food was wonderful, and the ambiance was perfect. Our favorite place for a special dinner in Palm Springs.Special Features:
- Great ExperiencelovetoeatDined on 9/27/2014I picked this restaurant for my anniversary and it was everything I hoped for. The servers were excellent and friendly. The food was wonderful and I really enjoyed the music. We sat inside but could see outside. I'd definitely go back when I'm in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingCHobsonDined on 9/25/2014Anniversary dinner; small child with us, made a reservation at 5 PM, no other diners there. Staff seemed dismayed to see child; put us in dark corner (no other diners came in restaurant until around 6 PM). Waitress (probably in her 60s) acted as if she had never seen a small child before, and was flustered by any requests having to do with her. We requested that we move courses along quickly due to being there with a small child, but even so, meal took around 2 hours. I should mention that our child was very well-behaved during this time (stayed at table, didn't make noise, etc). I am vegetarian; only menu option was the vegetarian medley, which consisted of 5 sauteed vegetables with no seasoning for $27. Overall, not worth the price.Special Features:
- Excellent place to dine!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/23/2014We had a wonderful meal, the lobster and halibut dishes we ordered were excellent and we would both order them again. Service was attentive and ambiance was pleasant.Special Features:
- Fabulous In Palm SpringscecilioDined on 9/23/2014My wife and I visit Palm Springs twice yearly and always dine at Le Vallauris for all of the right reasons: lovely, romantic patio setting; creative menu prepared to perfection; top notch wine list; courteous wait staff. What more can you expect from a fine dining experience?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AffairMoMoDined on 9/20/2014I surprised my Mother for a Birthday for lunch. Mother hadn't dine for awhile at Le Vallauris and she and all the rest of our table were very much enjoyed the food and the ambiance. The Establishment has not at all lost any of it's great appeal. All the staff from the valet to the wait staff to the owner all very friendly and made the dining experience very comfortable and wanting to definitely a welcome back feel.Special Features:
- good but not exeptionaldavidlosangelesDined on 9/18/2014good but regarding the price, it s not exceptional.Special Features:
- VenerableRegularpatronVIPDined on 9/13/2014Superb as always in every way. Enjoyed a wonderful opening season night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014From the staff, the the service to the food everything was 5 stars! My favorite place for couple-dining in the desert.Special Features:
- Wonderfilled!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014As usual, incomparable experience! The Lobster salad was the best I have ever had - ever! Outstanding Menu, Ambiance, Service, People, Experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CoolersJoeyCopelandDined on 6/29/2014The temperature outside was a little bit warm and humid, felt like the coolers were not point to us or that they werent working propertly.Special Features:
- Excellent as always!JozyDined on 6/26/2014My husband and I went twice for dinner during our stay in Palm Springs and Le Vallauris is constantly excellent. In comparison to other restaurants that we also used to like to eat (but not so much based on recent experiences), Le Vallauris is the one that really stands out. We will be back for sure during our next stop in Palm Springs. Bravo et encore Bravo!Special Features:
- Wonderful as everLAwomanDined on 6/21/2014I've been going to Le Vallauris for 30 years, though hadn't been for about a decade. The host and waiters are as charming, the patio as lovely. and the food as special as I remember. Be aware, though: sauces lean toward traditional French, so will be on the rich side. The chocolate cake with a molten center is as good as I've ever had. Wonderfully romantic patio, too.Special Features:
- The following 388 reviews are from the Le Vallauris reviews archive.
- Splendid as alwaysTheoVIPDined on 6/14/2014Just another greta experience at a true jewel in Palm SpringsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MAGNIFIQUE!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/13/2014I was thrilled to find Le Vallauris not yet closed for the season on our recent weekend get away in Palm Springs. This is an excellent spot to have dinner in the dessert! We took our friends for their first time, they loved it! You will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Wonderful!FoodieDined on 6/13/2014It had been at least 25 years since I dined at this beautiful restaurant, so I took my husband there for dinner while staying in Palm Springs. He was very impressed with the ambiance on the patio, so romantic and delightful. The wait staff is superb, the food delicious and memorable. I am so happy it is still operating, and is still excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding restaurantPLE3454Dined on 6/7/2014I Will remiember of m'y visit. One of the best restaurant in CaliforniaSpecial Features:
- Best French food in the desertAwinrmVIPDined on 6/6/2014For years, Le Vallauris has probably been the best restaurant in Palm Springs...let alone the desert. Great food, perfect service...unbelieveable ambience. A touch pricy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewrichardVIPDined on 6/4/2014Fantastic evening,,,, As always the food & service were impecable. Remains our favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmond's MeccaMichaelVIPDined on 6/1/2014Simply the best in the Desert, period. Great presentation and superb service. The wine list is a joy as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Perfect VisitWineDinerDined on 6/1/2014We usually dine here with friends for Sunday Brunch, especially if someone has a birthday or anniversary. This time we had a family member in town who had never been to Le Vallauris and since it was our Anniversary, we chose to treat him as well as ourselves. The menu featured both favorites (Smoked Salmon Salad & Tuna Tartare) as well as new delights, like Blue Nose Bass and Sweetbreads. The service was spot on as was the flow of Champagne. They never disappoint!Special Features:
- First Time!MikeMcGearVIPDined on 5/31/2014Location is wonderful, tucked away off Palm Canyon. Patio dining under the trees is very pleasant...we settled in with drinks before our waiter brought around the menu on a white board and easel. I chose the Duck duo appetizer; my wife had the scallops. Both were delicious. Her lobster entree and my rack of lamb were very good. Service was friendly and efficient. Kudos...we will be back!Special Features:
- Très bon!DesertSpinDocDined on 5/31/2014We had been saving this restaurant for a "special occasion," and last night was the night. We only wish we hadn't waited. Le Vallauris is one of the best restaurants we've ever experienced -- anywhere. True, it is "French" -- certainly in name -- and true francophiles will be happy. But even those who detest all things French will find something to love about this place. The cuisine is inspired but not complicated; the service is exemplary. We sat outdoors -- even though it was pushing 100 degrees -- without noticing the heat. (The patio is shaded throughout the day and because the restaurant sits in the shade of the mountain, it cools off quickly for the evening. Large fans help, too.) It was packed -- reservations are a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyEllenDined on 5/30/2014Beautiful setting. My husband and I ate on the patio recently after dark. Don't reject the outdoors if it is a hot evening as the outdoor air conditioners made the temp (near 100) delightful. The setting was so lovely but it turns out that the food here is the star--it absolutely knocked us out. Fresh and beautifully presented with each course better than the last. I won't describe all that we had as I think, given our experience, they have probably mastered anything on the menu you might want to choose. (I am sounding like a commercial here but we are truly not often this impressed.) Le Vallauris was memorable, and to our view, is not to be missed when visiting Palm Springs.Special Features:
- French PerfectionPeregrine28Dined on 5/28/2014Being in Palm Springs was made memorable by Le Vallauris. The terrace, with its canopy of magnificent trees and twinkling lights, creates the setting and the setting is perfect. Each dish was outstanding. It is rare to find a restaurant that is excellent in all ways, but Le Vallauris is such a restaurant. Dinner is an experience one doesn't forget. Excellent French food, and the ambience of a French countryside Inn. Add to this a skilled staff, there to anticipate, but never intrude and all that is left to say is that we loved - loved this restaurant. And to be in 'Other Desert Cities' is to find your way back to Palm Springs for dinner at Le Vallauris.Special Features:
- Elegance with TastenotmyfirstrodeoVIPDined on 5/25/2014The magic starts as you walk through the door into the beautiful patio. Classic French cuisine with impeccable service. I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough.Special Features: