385 West Tahquitz Canyon Way
Palm Springs, CA 92262Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.levallauris.com/
- Phone: (760) 325-5059
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Le Vallauris has a policy that requires a credit card for reservations of 8 persons or more. Reservations MUST be cancelled by 9:00AM for LUNCH reservations and by 12:00 noon for DINNER reservations. A charge of $25 per person will be levied for cancellations made AFTER these hours.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Jean Paul Lair
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Le Vallauris has developed a famous reputation for outside caterings from 2 to 500 guests. The key to success is that Chef Jean Paul prepares all the food on site, no pre-cooked food is kept in hot boxes for a whole day! Le Vallauris has catered to parties as far as Laguna Beach at the coast. A professional service staff is used to give unobtrusive and friendly service. Weddings and Corporate events are their specialty. Comprehensive packages are available to accommodate budgets. Le Vallauris includes in its packages for up to 200 guests all the equipment needed except tables and chairs.
- Private Party Facilities: Le Vallauris has 2 inside dining rooms for private parties each one with a capacity for up to 50 persons. The Patio can also be used on a "buy out" basis for up to 150 persons and a tree shaded Gazebo is available for up to 120 guests. These facilities are able to use an array of "prix fixe" menus.
- Private Party Contact: Omar Haddedou 8669719532
- Entertainment: Le Vallauris has a pianist in the bar.
- Special Events: Le Vallauris can arrange for private events according to the wishes of the clients. We like to be known to be a "one stop shop!"
A word from Le Vallauris
Established in the heart of Palm Springs since 1973, Le Vallauris located at the foot of San Jacinto Mountains has been the highest rated restaurant in the Palm Springs Valley since its inception. Owned and operated by the well known restaurateur Paul Bruggemans who was also owner of the Famous Le St Germain restaurant in Hollywood. The Historic Landmark was built in 1927 and was owned by the owners of the famous Desert Inn which was The hotel in the Valley. Many grand parties were held in the house for guests such as Duke Ellington, Nat King Cole, Louis Armstrong and many more. It was a favorite place for General Patton when he was based in Palm Springs to stage the Battle of the Bulge during World War II. Later on, when the restaurant was established it became a favorite place for Presidents and the Hollywood elite. The renowned Patio lined with Giant Fichus trees is THE place to dine. The Patio is cooled in the Summer and heated in the Winter.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Le Vallauris - Best Restaurants in Palm Springs ›
Le Vallauris reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (85)special occasion (82)romantic (73)fit for foodies (61)notable wine list (49)neighborhood gem (40)good for groups (26)great for brunch (19)great for lunch (15)hot spot (7)scenic view (6)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Very romanticWallyVIPDined on 5/7/2014We had a great time here. Very romantic and a real original French restaurant!Special Features:
- Le VallaurisMKMNVIPDined on 5/6/2014Le Vallauris proved to be a delightful high-end restaurant. This was our first experience at Le Vallauris. We ate there with another couple, who were back for the fifth time. The food, the service, and the ambiance were all terrific. Our recommendation: eat on the patio1Special Features:
- vrmmDined on 5/5/2014my go to place when i'm in palm springs. the food,, the patio, the waiters, the owners are all perfect.Special Features:
- Extremely disappointedwasteDined on 5/3/2014Service was horrible - waited 20 minutes for menus and 15 before being approached with specials. Appetizers - I had the pork belly/duck ravioli and the chef failed to render most fat out of the pork belly nor a crispy skin . We then sat with our dirty plates in front of us for well over 10 minutes (we were sitting in the middle of the patio with servers and bus staff walking by repeatedly). Entrees- My wife ordered lobster sans sauce and it came soaking wet , I had ordered sweetbreads - a favorite. Sweetbreads soggy with sauce, mushy and slightly wet inside, not pressed properly with a livery taste, none of the firmness or crispiness on the outside. Actually decided to leave without even eating our main courses. First time ever.
- Rushed dinner service :(SaurausDined on 5/3/2014This is absolutely an awesome restaurant their menu and wine list are 'French' making it one our favourite restaurants in California. This is was our second visit to the restaurant and unfortunately the service/kitchen were rushing and as a consequence the food was not as great as the first time around. My wife and I enjoy having a slow dinner, meaning we don't want our entrees to be served the minute we are done with our appetizers which unfortunately in California no restaurant seems to understand. As to the food our appetizers were absolutely awesome, the 'cold green asparagus with quail eggs and caviar' was to die for, the crispy duck unfortunately was not crispy which most likely was due to the kitchen preparing it way too earlier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When You're Feeling Rich!DDDiners2VIPDined on 5/2/2014This is the best restaurant in Palm Springs! It is located in a historic bldg near the mountain, and yet right of the main drag of downtown Palm Springs. You will only want to sit in the outdoor patio, so be sure you add that to your Open Table request. It is Fancy-French - and quite pricey - but is elegant with fabulous service, and a delicious menu. Anniversary? First date? This is the place.Special Features:
- It's HeavenNotHard2PleaseVIPDined on 5/2/2014If heaven has restaurants Le Vallauris will be there! Everything is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful for a special mealBBooksDined on 5/2/2014We had the tasting menu and each course was amazing. Eating in the courtyard was magicalSpecial Features:
- ExcellentExcellentVIPDined on 4/28/2014Our first visit to Palm Springs and Le Vallauris did not disappoint. Great outdoor setting, great food and perfect evening. They overheard us talking about my partner's birthday and brought out a special dessert. Thanks, Le Vallauris.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2014Great place to have dinner, nice atmosphere, good foodSpecial Features:
- Most romantic spot in Palm SpringsBabshVIPDined on 4/27/2014I have been going to Valauris for many years and each time I am amazed that it has not changed in its classic beauty. The food is delicious and the atmosphere most special. I would definitely recommend it is one of the nicest spots in Palm SpringsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food, friendly atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/24/2014The owners made us feel so welcome. This is a romantic, nostalgic place where the food is top-notch and inventive. The two man group in the lounge just made you feel that you went back in time. My husband and I even danced since it was our anniversary. This is a place not to miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in southern CAcarlellenbergerDined on 4/20/2014They do everything right, every time. It all comes together effortlessly: ambience, especially outside seating on a tree canopied patio, professional service, owners serving and watching, friendly competent servers, great and imaginative and constantly changing menu (French/Belgian)--expensive but well-worth the cost, great chef and pastry chef, great house wines by the glass or obscenely expensive old French bottles for the 1% who think they are connoisseurs. The music is tasteful and not intrusive, often live. You may see stars and celebs. One night we sat next to the conductor of the Cleveland Orchestra. In sum, a wonderful, warm, comfortable dining experience. We live in Palm Springs an have marveled at the consistency over 25+ years.Special Features:
- Not great for Easter BrunchEasterSadVIPDined on 4/20/2014Shrimp Cocktail was a disappointment, not the best shrimp and sauce was bland I had shrimp cocktail previously here and it was fabulous, but Not for Easter. The Ahi main course was not sushi grade and very bland. The chocolate molten cake was a bit dry. Our friends enjoyed their brunch so I guess they chose more wisely than me. My wife liked her lamb. We will come back for lunch again because our previous lunch experience was fantastic.Special Features:
- Special PlacegayleepDined on 4/19/2014Le Vallauris was a wonderful experience. We went there for my Husbands birthday, and it was lovely. We sat over dinner for 2 1/2 hours and never felt like they were ready for us to leave. The service was impeccable, very attentive without being intrusive. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Doesn't get much better!TerrywVIPDined on 4/17/2014Le Vallauris is the top restaurant in the Coachella Valley. Wonderful food, great service and ambience, friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special setting.BreacDined on 4/15/2014Le Vallauris has a unique setting and the Palm Spring weather is well suited to dining outside. Overall the service was excellent with the exception that the waiter knew nothing about scotch. Not in itself a deal breaker, he admitted the knew nothing but I expected him to find someone who did. Other than this minor glitch it was an excellent meal in a special setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MagicalBignightnoutDined on 4/15/2014Had a beautiful dining experience. The patio is magical..service exceptional and the food is good too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best of Palm SpringsLEP25VIPDined on 4/12/2014WE always love dining at LeVallauris. Food, ambiance and staff make it very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service and StaffEugeneVIPDined on 4/8/2014Consistant with excellent service, personnel and quality of foodSpecial Features:
- The outdoor dining area isStephenNorrisDined on 4/7/2014The outdoor dining area is magical and romantic. The service is attentive and the personalities of our host and servers made the evening a sophisticated pleasure. The items I chose from the prix fixe menu were exceptional. A memorable dining experience and I hope to return again someday soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Desert GemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/6/2014Le Valleuris is always the most elegant restaurant with the best food and ambiance in Southern California. The patio is just gorgeous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love itPjacrouxVIPDined on 4/6/2014We stop at Le Vallauris every time we visit Palm Springs. In fact, we ate here three times during this trip. Dinner and two Sunday brunches. The food is always interesting and perfectly prepared. The service is efficient, friendly and curtious. It's pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerSocalDined on 4/5/2014Went to this restaurant to celebrate my wife's birthday. Restaurant service and ambiance were excellent as expected. Food quality was a little disappointing. Blue crab salad was ordinary at best. While the bisque for the lobster ravioli was flavorful, the pasta texture was hard around the edges and gummy in the middle. Hard to ruin chocolate cake but they did. Not recommended for foodies like ourselves.
- Our Favorite Restaurant/Palm SpringAliceWZVIPDined on 4/4/2014We love Vallauris! The setting is magical, the food is absolutely delicious and the service is impeccable. We have never had anything but a fabulous meal and wonderful service. We will come back at least once every time we are in Palm Springs.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable. Good food,GourmetKidVIPDined on 4/4/2014Very enjoyable. Good food, service and fairly nice ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic and ClassyJoMarieVIPDined on 4/3/2014The garden setting was lovely with white table cloths, white napkins, and chandeliers lit in the trees. The food is classic French cuisine. I had escargot, which was served bubbling hot and delicious. My rack of lamb was fine but not served medium rare and lacked any fresh presentation. The homemade sorbets proved a fitting ending; the coconut sorbet was delightful. Although the service was attentive, my waiter became unctuous. And the wine list for such a classy and expensive restaurant was ordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful experience reminiscentGgitschDined on 4/2/2014A wonderful experience reminiscent of a French provincial auberge. The ambience, cuisine, and wine list are superb. We were able to relive a soirée of 20 years ago at the very same establishment. The evening even surpassed our initial experience, an accomplishment few restaurants can match.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulTeddyDined on 4/2/2014a great restaurant with wonderful food servings and a very pleasant and comfortable place to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/29/2014We went last Saturday, sat on the patio and we all had the wine pairing with the 4 course dinner. Amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine, French DininggregDined on 3/28/2014A lovely spot - with attentive, excellent service. I will return.Special Features:
- OutstandingoutstandingVIPDined on 3/28/2014Probably the best fine dining in Palm Springs. Outstanding prix fixe (with or without pairing) and a la carte menu. An elegant indoor and outdoor setting with personal, efficient and friendly service. Fantastic wine list, higher end clientele and pricing. Excellent for special occasions. Very much recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/28/2014Went with high expectations as the restaurant was ranked #1 on Trip Advisor for Palm Springs. Had the tasting menu with wine pairings. Food was average. Flavours were basic and simple. For a French restaurant, the red wine was too warm. The most shocking, however, was when the waiter poured the red wine into our first wine glass that previously contained the white wine! Expected better than that for this price, and what the restaurant was promoted to be.Special Features:
- reviewrichardVIPDined on 3/26/2014All I can say it was FANTASTIC !!! The food & service were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best French in Palm SpringsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/25/2014Visiting from NC. Have traveled the world and have never had French this good... Heck, the French could take lessons from these people... Ambiance was the best ever...very romantic...dinner under the trees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le Vallauris is a restaurantConstanceDined on 3/25/2014Le Vallauris is a restaurant that is a dining experience no one would want to miss out on. The menu selection and presentation and quality of food was outstanding. The service couldn't be better. It is a perfect place for outdoor dining and special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service, sublimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/23/2014Wonderful service, sublime food. Atmosphere a little staid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealRaywoodHousewifeDined on 3/22/2014Great meal - shared a wonderful order of lobster medallions . Worth the drive from LASpecial Features:
- beautiful restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 3/22/2014It is a lovely place in a former home that has been there for over 40 years. We sat out in a beautifully lit courtyard. The food was excellent and the service was outstanding. We also love that Paul, the owner, made his way around to every table to connect with his patrons. It is a wonderful spot for a special occasion. We thoroughly enjoyed our time there and would definitely recommend Le Vallauris to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVELY, BUT OVERPRICED WINES & FOODJETBENNYDined on 3/20/2014SORRY PALM SPRINGS BUT YOUR GEM NEEDS TO TAKE A HARD LOOK AT IS WINE PRICES, BOTH BY GLASS AND BOTTLE. WHEN A GLASS COSTS ME MORE THAN THE ENTIRE BOTTLE, AND THE GLASS IS ONLY 5 OUNCES IT ANNOYS ME. $15 ON AVERAGE FOR AN AVERAGE QUALITY WINE. THE BOTTLES ALL COST LESS. ITS 500% OR MORE MARK UP, AND THAT TO ME IS JUST WRONG. THE FOOD IS SAME OLD SAME OLD. NOT INNOVATION. GOOD, FRESH, NICELY PRESENTED BUT NO VEGETABLES, BE WARNED YOU MUST ORDER THAT SEPARATELY, SO SUDDENLY YOUR $40 ENTREE BECOMES $50. VERY NICE PLACE, GREAT SERVICE AND REALLY LOVELY OUTDOOR SETTING WHEN YOU DINE OUTSIDE. BUT VALUE JUST IS NOT THERE. SO GIVE IT A MISS UNLESS YOU REALLY MUST EXPERIENCE THE OLD STYLE DINING. KNOW THERE IS SO MUCH BETTER VALUE FOR $ IN THE CITY.Special Features: