Le Titi de Paris
1015 W Dundee Road
Arlington Heights, IL 60004Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
Le Titi de Paris
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.letitideparis.com/
- Phone: 8475060222
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday, Thursday and Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm Friday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, French
- Executive Chef: Michael Maddox
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Vintage Room will accommodate up to 20 guests at a seated event. The Versailles Room accommodates up to 45 seated guests.
- Private Party Contact: Susan Maddox 8475060222
A word from Le Titi de Paris
Chef/Proprietor Michael Maddox & Susan Maddox serve "innovative French cuisine" in this comfortably elegant northwest suburban setting. Le Titi de Paris is the proud recipient of the prestigious "Distinguished Restaurant of North America", the AAA Chicago Motor Club "Four Diamond Award" & the Wine Spectator "Best of Award of Excellence". Le Titi de Paris holds cooking classes, vintner events & monthly regional dinners.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Le Titi de Paris reviews from OpenTable diners
- What Had Been A Good RestaurantJeevesVIPDined on 6/16/2012Past its prime and now closed. Servers were inattentive and both the management and the kitchen were obviously not caring to go out on a high note, or caring about anything other than just getting through the last few weeks. Very disappointing end to what used to be a Chicago institution. Perhaps the developer who bought the property to pull it down in the end did all a favor by bringing a close to their story before it became even sadder than it had already become.
- Fabulous food, excellent waitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2012Fabulous food, excellent wait staff, extensive wine list, nice ambiance. Sorry I didn't go there more often prior to its closing.Special Features:
- My absolute favorite restaurantChrisMDined on 6/13/2012My absolute favorite restaurant is closing! I'm so glad I got to have one last dinner there. I will not forget it. Au revoir, Le Titi de Paris. I loved you.....Special Features:
- Great for lunch or dinner.Foody531Dined on 6/12/2012Great for lunch or dinner. Food is outstanding and interesting. Sorry it is closing.Special Features:
- I was there last WednesdayShizukoDined on 6/10/2012I was there last Wednesday and Sunday. It is so bad to see them closing the place. Evem though they are closing they took care of all customers like before.
- Food was excellent and serviceRonHDined on 6/10/2012Food was excellent and service was very good. It is a loss to see this place close.Special Features:
- Since the restaurant is closingTarzanVIPDined on 6/9/2012Since the restaurant is closing the end of this week, it was very busy. Service was very poor and the restaurant wasn't up to its usual high standards. It had been my favorite restaurant. You could always count on it for outstanding food and service. Not so Saturday, but perhaps it was due to the fact they're closing.Special Features:
- Goodbye and Thank You.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/9/2012In light of the restaurant's impending closing, there is little point in writing a review. However, I cannot help but feel a certain sadness as there will shortly be one less bright light shining in the Northwest Suburban restaurant scene.Special Features:
- Excellent as always. VeryOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/8/2012Excellent as always. Very sad that it's closing soon. Michael and Susan put 110% into Le Titi and it showed. Hope they and all the staff land on their feet. Special shout out to Pepe, a fabulous server who made everyone feel special.Special Features:
- They are crowded because theShizukoDined on 6/6/2012They are crowded because the restaurant will closed on this month. So I did not get usual great service. But food was excellent. I really hate them to go. I am going again on Sunday.
- We're sorry Le Titi is closing.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/6/2012We're sorry Le Titi is closing. It won't be the same knowing that we've lost a wonderful option for lunch or dinners.Special Features:
- we're sad Le Titi is closingL8DinerVIPDined on 6/3/2012we're sad Le Titi is closing after 40 years of serving delicious meals.
- They are closing soon - whichOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2012They are closing soon - which may have promptly degenerated their service level.Special Features:
- Sorry to see this gem go.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2012Sorry to see this gem go. We have had many an enjoyable evening at Le Titi.Special Features:
- The Great OneOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/27/2012I am very sad to have eaten my last meal at Le Titi de Paris. This was one of the finest french cuisine restaurants available in the Chicago metro area.Special Features:
- Consistently the best restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/25/2012Consistently the best restaurant in the suburbs of Chicago. In our 26 years of dining there we have never been disappointed. Unfortunately it will close on June 16th. Michael, Susan and their entire team will be missed.Special Features:
- Will be a loss on the diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2012Will be a loss on the dining scene. Great food along with great ambiance.Special Features:
- I know they are closing butOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/22/2012I know they are closing but the food was terrible and service was just OK. Waited over 20 minutes at table before someone come over to take drink orders and than another 15 minutes to find a wine list. I guess they have checked out since they are closing soon. I gave the waiter the remaining portion of my gift card as a tip and it was a 30 percent tip and not even a thank you.
- The restaurant is closingPaulDined on 5/19/2012The restaurant is closing soon, but the food was fantastic. The decor is horrible.Special Features:
- Our group of eight had a greatLarryDined on 5/16/2012Our group of eight had a great time. We all decided to have the three- or four-course mini-degustation with wine. The two or three vegetarians were offered a special vegetarian entree that they said was delicious. It was nice to be in a restaurant quiet enough to have a cross-table conversation without shouting to be heard. It seemed like Le Titi has gotten busier since they announced they were closing in mid-June. Our mid-week dinner service, while attentive, seemed stretched at times with the private party room filled and the restaurant fairly full. When they close it will be a big loss for the area, another polished gem gone.Special Features:
- The duck fat polenta cakeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/15/2012The duck fat polenta cake from the Mini Gourmand menu was outstanding- it was one of the best dishes I've ever had in the US. The Midwest Sweet Corn and Bell Pepper Chowder was good, but not amazing. The dessert was also amazing!!! I don't remember what it was called because I don't see it on the online menu, but it had chocolate mousse and cherries with sweet white stuff on top.Special Features:
- Food was Outstanding. ItfoodfreakDined on 5/13/2012Food was Outstanding. It is unfortunate that this establishment is closing soon. Don't miss this hidden gem in the NW Suburbs. Great food at reasonable prices. They will be missed.Special Features:
- It's a shame no one will takeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2012It's a shame no one will take over Le Titi de Paris and carry on the legacy of Michael Maddox.Special Features:
- Crying in my souffle!HeyHeyDined on 5/12/2012We are going to miss Le Titi de Paris! The outstanding food, service ambiance-and reasonable prices for a truly great french restaurant. We have been going there for special occasions for many, many years-because of all the above. So sad to see it end.Special Features:
- If you can make it to Le TitiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2012If you can make it to Le Titi de Paris before they close in mid-June - go! It will be missed.Special Features:
- It's good that they are closingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2012It's good that they are closing as their food and service is not nearly wortth the price. Appetizers cold when they should be hot, Ceasar salad served on a hot plate. Dried out and tasteless fish course. Very poor experience.Special Features:
- Fabulous food for more than 20 yearAvisVIPDined on 5/11/2012My family and I have been going to Le Titi De Paris for more than 20 years - we've celebrated many special occasions there, and this wonderful restaurant made every meal there a special occasion. We're so sad to hear they'll be closing next month. Our most recent visit found the food to be as delicious as always but, unfortunately, the service was sorely lacking. That being said, take the opportunity to visit Le Titi De Paris, be it your first time or you're a regular, before they close their doors in mid-June.Special Features:
- I was very disappointed inOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2012I was very disappointed in the food and service from a restaurant that seems to have a good reputation. The Lunch Express menu was a good option, but the beef tenderloin was over done, crispy, and full of gristle. Our iced tea glasses were never refilled. We ordered the souffle for dessert when we ordered our meal so that it would be ready when we were finished eating, but still had to wait more than 1/2 an hour after our meal before it was served. The waiter said the kitchen was slow that day. Very disappointing.
- Alas, Le Titi will be closingDrDaveVIPDined on 5/9/2012Alas, Le Titi will be closing in June and the NW suburbs will lose a great French restaurant. The food and service are always very good to outstanding here, and this visit was no exception. Get there before it closes if you can!Special Features:
- Great dining experience asOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/9/2012Great dining experience as always. We'll miss having this restaurant in the neighborhood.
- We were 5 women celebratingMamasanDined on 5/5/2012We were 5 women celebrating two birthdays. The waiter was very attentive. The food was absolutely delicious with wonderful eye appeal. The special dessert could not have been better.Special Features:
- Fine dining in the finestBillVIPDined on 5/3/2012Fine dining in the finest European tradition. Classic French Food with a twist. Enjoy it before June16, 2012. The Maddox's are then going to enter a different stage in their lives.Special Features:
- Restaurant is closing, soOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/2/2012Restaurant is closing, so wanted to experience one of our favorites one last time. As always, excellent cuisine and service. The NW suburbs will be losing a gem.Special Features:
- Just wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/29/2012Everything was just superb and a very special evening for my sister and me. The Lobster and Scallop entree was exceptional as was everything else. What a treat the Grande Marnier Souffle was at the end of it all.Special Features:
- Unfortunately, they are OVER.deebeeAVIPDined on 4/28/2012Unfortunately, they are OVER. By Michael and Susan, we will miss you.Special Features:
- We have dined at Le Titi onceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/28/2012We have dined at Le Titi once before and it was not as good as we remembered. The crab and lobster tower app was mixed in mayo like tuna salad and had a very strong mustard flavor. The lamb shank was in a sweet sauce that was not our favorite. Overall a good meal, but we will stick with our usual French restaurant.
- We are so sorry to see youLisaLaDiDaVIPDined on 4/27/2012We are so sorry to see you close. You will be greatly missed by us and many. We already have a reservation to make it in again while we still can. See you soon and best of luck.Special Features:
- Wonderful food, beautifulBarbDined on 4/27/2012Wonderful food, beautiful place. Hurry in before they close!Special Features:
- This was our first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/27/2012This was our first visit to the restaurant and we were thrilled with our meals. However, there was a wine dinner that started about 45 min. after we arrived and the wait staff seemed overwhelmed with the crowd as the service went downhill quickly has the crowd picked up. I had to wait quite a while to order another glass of wine. We did end up getting the wine for free even though we didn't comment on the length of time to get it ordered.Special Features:
- Bygone Le Titi de ParisOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/27/2012This once exemplary restaurant, owned over the last eight years by Michael & Susan Maddox, has obviously suffered from their decision to close. The staff has quite clearly lost interest, including Susan Maddox. Last Friday, the restaurant was sponsoring a “Wines of the World” event, of which we did not participate. The tables were not in place for this event by the time the restaurant began their regular dinner seating. This resulted in multiple table relocations with re-settings due to the lack of organization and direction provided by the then surly Susan Maddox. The noise created was deafening and the wait staff was absent due the nightmare created by the constant table chaos. I prefer to remember this once superlative restaurant.Special Features: