Le Souk Harem - Greenwich Village
510 LaGuardia Place
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
MoroccanPrice: $31 to $50
Le Souk Harem - Greenwich Village
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lesoukny.com/
- Phone: 2127775454
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 4:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00am
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Moroccan, French, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef: Doug Psaltis
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We can accommodate any kind and any size of catering reception. We offer our full dinner menu and can provide the service as well.
- Private Party Facilities: We have two different private rooms, the Tent, can hold up to 60 guests and top mezzanine, can hold up to 250 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Lamia Funti (917) 592-3150
- Entertainment: We have a variety of entertainment seven nights of the week, including two different DJs on multi-levels spinning everything from progressive house to world beat. We also have a female belly dancer show every night and on weekends there are additional dancers and a fabulous male belly dancer performing late night shows. We also have hookahs available in all sections that come in many flavors.
- Special Events: We always have special events from Celebrity chef showcases, to Arabian circus...
A word from Le Souk Harem - Greenwich Village
A beautiful multi-level space that makes you feel as if you were parading the streets of a Souk in Morocco, amazing Nouveau Moroccan menu, different DJ's playing different kind of music everyday of the week, belly dancers, entertainment. Has an open kitchen, little pantry area that patrons can see in action while dining. Also has a beautiful outdoor, ideal for the summer where guests can seat, enjoy their hookahs and dine while listening to beautiful music. Tent area and elevated space that overlooks the whole floor as well as the DJ....At Le Souk Harem there is never a dull night.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Le Souk Harem - Greenwich Village reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (6)romantic (6)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (4)fit for foodies (4)neighborhood gem (4)hot spot (4)great for outdoor dining (4)special occasion (3)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Lots of Food for your $$$!mellieDined on 8/27/2014First time at this restaurant and gladly will return! I found a prixe fix deal on Groupon so purchased. Once you arrive there is a choice of outside dinning or inside. The indoor dinning area is nicely decorated and inviting. The food selection was 5 choices including a dessert. Loved the Halila soup and Beef dinner. The dessert was a pistachio nut baklava with vanilla ice cream.. Yumm! My mouth is still watering from the delicious meal. So much food I had to take half home. Second day taste just as great!Special Features:
- Bad experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Very strange vibe and staff. Used to be a hot spot a few years ago by has decline considerably due to mismanagement. We left partway through the meal to go somewhere else!
- Amazing Place in Greenwich VillageOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Le Souk was an amazing experience! We went to celebrate a friends birthday, and around 11pm it turns into a night club. Great scene, amazing food, great people. Service was a little off that night, but the experience was so amazing that it didn't matter.Special Features:
- This place is stupidOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014I get to the door ..they say that they don't have reservation for 11pm.last reservation is 1030pm.. no more tables ...bottle service only at $380 . Smfh ..couldn't even get in to the bar ...
- Le Souk is Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Consistently over-the-top great Moroccan food! Every dish is perfectly spiced, well presented and perfect portions! The owners are there along with the waitresses, bartenders, whole staff, always showering you with great attention! The owner makes you feel like her closest friend! I adore this place. It feels like coming home and yet the music, the belly dancers, the rose petals scattered on the floors make this place super HOT!Special Features:
- Good food but come earlydavidjenisonDined on 7/20/2014The food is surprisingly great at Le Souk, but you need to come early before the place adopts a nightclub vibe. We got there at 11pm, and the place had completely changed vibes (compared to a previous experience we had there eating earlier). The loud music and hectic movement made the meal uncomfortable, and while we liked the food, we didn't enjoy the experience. If we came to party, of course, that would be different. But all that said, the onus for this problem falls on us for coming so late, so we just advise arriving before 9pm if you simply want a good Moroccan meal.Special Features:
- Good food, terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014There were maybe 4 other tables taken while we were there. I waited 20mins for someone to come up to me once seated, I finally went to the bar to order my drink while I was waiting for the rest of my party. Then we waited another 15 mins before anyone came up to us once the party was complete. Place is very disorganized. Food was good, but not good enough to deal with the neglectful service. Too bad, I used to like this placeSpecial Features:
- Awesome placeJZ1030Dined on 6/26/2014Great food, great service, great music, belly dancer was so much FUN! Happiness all around :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DO NOT MISS ...FOODIEDined on 6/13/2014A MUST - relaxed, sexy, GOOD FOOD, GOOD SERVICE, GOOD PRICE ...
- The following 120 reviews are from the Le Souk Harem - Greenwich Village reviews archive.
- Mother and Daughter dinner!JeyaDined on 5/22/2014After daughter's last finals for her bachelor's degree, we went to le souk to celebrate... We had a great timeSpecial Features:
- An excellent surpriseDexwoodDined on 5/18/2014My friends and I had a great time and experience. The food on the whole was good. So was the service from the attentive & friendly staff. It also turned into a club later on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TERRIBLE!!!!!IteeoffDined on 5/17/2014Will never go to this place again and will never recommend to anyone.
- Funtastic, sexy, smoothninjamanDined on 4/19/2014Le Souk is by far one of my favorite spots to hit up when I'm in the City. I always have a great time. Great place. Sexy people and amazing music. Can't wait to get back again!Special Features:
- A CircusDCienDined on 3/29/2014If you expected a circus when you went to dine there, then you will get it. I can't believe this standard of service is tolerated in Soho. I don't know where to start. The short guy who is always panicking a who doesn't speak a word of English, oh ya, he is the manager by the way, made our hearts beat so hard from seeing him run around like a headless chicken. The waitresses were so clueless and unprofessional. We got asked the same question "are you here to eat" by so many different waitresses in skimpy white dresses and one even removed our plates while we were still waiting for the food. The music was so loud and they had a man and a woman dancing some kind of "belly dancing", it's my first time seeing a man do that.
- Angry abt drinksDispleasedDined on 3/28/2014Alcohol was totally watered down. 5 jäger bombs, 1 house specialty whiskey cocktail and one makers on the rocks over 3 hours and I didn't even have a buzz on. 190 lb male should not have that problem.Special Features:
- club feel-good foodrutgDined on 3/25/2014Enjoyed the food and the vibe -but the smoke from the Hookas at the tables bothered my throat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My friends and I went forMonicaDined on 3/13/2014My friends and I went for diner but ended up staying until the party was almost over (3am+) Food was amazing the belly dancer was definitely a plus! The only thing the service was a little slow, but wasn't expecting prompt service since the place was packed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extra small portionsDKfinestDined on 3/1/2014Now don't get me wrong the food was very good. I had the lamb chops, very delicious. But do not go there hungry because the portions are very small. We had to go to another spot and get someore food because we left Le Souk still a little hungry.Special Features:
- Great Moroccan placeDenisDined on 2/22/2014Went to celebrate a birthday of one of our friends and we all were pleasantly surprised!I honestly did not expect this place was gonna be so great!The food was to die for!!!Absolutely,astonishingly delicious.We tried a lot of items on the menu and it is really hard to say which one was better.What surprised me however,a seafood paella.Instead of rice,a couscous was used.Absolutely original and delicious!!!!On top of that,the restaurant turns into club after 11 pm and they also have hookah!!Which came in handy :)). I will most definitely go to this place again!!oh yeah,forgot to mention,they have belly dancers going all over and doing their thing.Great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for dinner!IndaDined on 12/18/2013After talking to the waitress, this place sounds like a hot spot for late nights. It was too dark to make it an enjoyable dinner experience. The tagine dishes served on the plate, which they did, made the food taste just ordinary. I expected it to be served in a clay pot as they do in Morocco or other Moroccan restaurant. Ambiance was different for me ... Not for dinner crowd, more of a club.Special Features:
- Great food, entertainment and serviAsminiGDined on 10/12/2013Went there for my husband's birthday. The place was just awesome. Smooth hookah, great entertainment, delicious food. And our waitress was extremely nice and attentive. Would reccomend if you are looking for a great hangout lounge.Special Features:
- Worst service I have had intinoDined on 9/28/2013Worst service I have had in NYC. This is a club - do not recommend for dinner.
- You cant go wrong in this placeTexNYCDined on 9/20/2013Any occasion is perfect for this place, food and the people that work there are amazing!!! I work for a NYC hotel and I always send my guest here and they always come back very happy and satisfied!! Thank you so much! :)Special Features:
- Not worth itNotformeDined on 9/12/2013The food was meh. While I enjoyed the cozy atmosphere, you're forced to hunch over the tables while blindy eating your food because it's too dark to see. I wouldn't recommend this spot.Special Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedShknNtStrrdDined on 9/7/2013Went on a Saturday night -- top floor turned into a club as we were finishing our meal; unexpected but welcomed! First time having Moroccan food, and I can say that because of this spot I'll definitely be sampling more. Food was flavorful and the entertainment (candle fire balancing belly dancers -- yes you read that correctly) was interesting! Helped to pass the time pass waiting for the order. Oh and did I mention hookah? Yeah, there's hookah. And not just any hookah, but hookah made out of fresh fruit (you read that correctly too). Only thing to be wary of: low seating and tables; which is not exactly the most friendly for taller or older people with knee issues. Otherwise a really solid spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The hookah was nice...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2013The place itself is inviting with outdoor seating as well as an upstairs area including music. We were waiting for other guests and were treated poorly until they arrived. The food took too long to arrive to our table, as well as the drinks. The only nice part about service was another wait-person who was not one of our two waitresses, saw that we brought some cupcakes to celebrate my friend's birthday so on cue without us bothering to ask him brought us out some plates and silverware. For that they get one star but our waitresses did not know the menu, were rude, and slow. I had the branzino poisson grille which was delicious and I heard the lamb chops were tasty but everything else was mediocre. The hookah was wonderful as well.
- You're making me 'what'?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2013The staff inadvertently provided us with an appetiser we didn't order and since we had no idea it was a mistake, assuming that's what they provide all guests for starters (for free), we ate it. Fifteen minutes later, a waitress comes to tell us that THEY made a mistake and since we ate it, WE have to pay. We were shocked - like seriously you want me to pay for a mistake you made?!? We paid it - that was so rude and wrong!!!Special Features:
- A nice change of paceWeezieDined on 8/10/2013I didn't care for the atmosphere. I enjoy middle eastern food, but didn't expect the moroccan feel. The food was very good. We tried the sampler appetizer. There was hummus, grilled calamari, grape leaves and baby sausages. All very good. I wish it was more livelier, but it is summer time and the city is slow in the summer. There were many people dining outside so I would suggest eating there during warm weather.Special Features:
- We had the most unexpectedSabrinaDined on 7/26/2013We had the most unexpected incredible experience. They gave us a great romantic table on the upper floor, the one I requested and we felt transported into the magical world of One Thousand and one night. Everything from service, to ambiance, to food , to the belly dancer was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was great, exceptOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2013Everything was great, except it was freezing inside.
- Not the old Le Souk but close!NicoleDined on 5/24/2013This was my first time having dinner at Le Souk, other times at the old Le Souk it was only for drinks. The food is fantastic, I had the Paella which was out of this world. This place is great for entertainment and dancing. They had a male belly dancer and later on an incredible dj. The only thing I didn't like is that the late night crowd has changed for the worse and they let ANYONE in.Special Features:
- Going downhillJbirdDined on 5/16/2013Not sure what has changed but my friend and I were extremely excited to return to le souk. Our last visit was over a year ago. But the quality of food has gone down tremendously. We had a groupon this time around that included morroccon tea. It was one kind that didn't appeal to me. When I asked what other teas the had, they told me Lipton. Seriously? The waitresses wore these strange small purses tied around their waist. I assume they kept the orders and cash in them but it looked as if they picked them up at a thrift store. Why not give them an apron? They looked cheesey and rediculous.
- I finally made it to Le SoukACLTriniDined on 5/11/2013I finally made it to Le Souk and I overall liked the food, the VERY energetic scene and atmosphere. I was expecting to see some belly dancing but I did not. The hookah was great...I really like the scene and the vibe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab VenueicklesharkyDined on 5/4/2013Dinner here on saturday night Really busy but service was still very attentive Only slight problem is it is a little dark so most people seemed to be using Iphones as torches :) Food was delicious and the belly dancing guy was fab !!! Well worth a visit :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2013We were a party of four and all dishes were delish -- Crevettes Grillees, Makfoul, Paella Au Couscous and Cotelettes Bedouinnes. Great atmosphere!Special Features:
- Great atmosphere,overall aCOCODined on 4/12/2013Great atmosphere,overall a lot of fun. Food was great. Service was great. Second time there in 3 weeks. Will go back next time I am in the city.Special Features:
- Pre fix menu with the grouponOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/9/2013Pre fix menu with the groupon which suited us well...soup, salad, hot rolls, entre (choice of beef, chicken, vegetarian ) dessert...excellent...quiet being midweek...excellent service and fabulous food...cooked to perfectionSpecial Features:
- Perfect restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/6/2013The food is absolutely delicious. Everything we ate was fenomenal. This place is beautifully decorated. Dinner was just perfect.Special Features:
- Tried this place with a Groupon,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/3/2013Tried this place with a Groupon, very pretty, middle eastern feel. Table was awkwardly too low for the banquette seat so you had to considerably bend down to eat from your plate. They had a ~8-12 year old girl hanging around which I thought inappropriate considering there were tables of men smoking hookah nearby, not to mention it was late on a school night. Would not go back unfortunately. Food was bleh. Zerza is much better in the east village.
- This place was pretty freakinOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/9/2013This place was pretty freakin awesome i loved it. service was great and so was the crowdSpecial Features: