Le Salon at the Windsor Court Hotel
300 Gravier Street
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
Central Business District
Afternoon TeaPrice: $31 to $50
Le Salon at the Windsor Court Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.grillroomneworleans.com/le-salon
- Phone: 5045964773x
- Hours of Operation:
Until November 23, 2014, we will be serving our Traditional English Tea Thursdays & Fridays at 2:00 PM and Saturdays & Sundays at 11:00 AM & 2:00 PM.
Seating times will vary during the Holiday season, November 28, 2014-January 4, 2014, and we will only be serving our Holiday Tea during that time.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Afternoon Tea, English
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: No
- Additional Details: Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Le Salon can accommodate parties from 1 to 80 guests for afternoon tea.
- Entertainment: Harp or Piano music is enjoyed at every tea service.
A word from Le Salon at the Windsor Court Hotel
Experience the delightful tradition of afternoon tea at Le Salon. Sip from a selection of 30 of the finest loose-leaf variety brews while your ears enjoy soft melodies from a harpist or pianist from the LA Philharmonic Orchestra. Enjoy an assortment of delicious tea sandwiches, scones and sweets as you engage in one of New Orleans locals most beloved and fashionable pastimes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Le Salon at the Windsor Court Hotel - Best Restaurants in Central Business District ›
Le Salon at the Windsor Court Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (40)good for groups (16)great for brunch (15)romantic (13)kid-friendly (9)great for lunch (7)fit for foodies (7)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- fabulous tea timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014My daughter and I had a fabulous time at tea. It is always a pleasure to visit the Windsor Court. Please keep in mind this is for tea not lunch/brunch then you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I have been going to "Tea" at the Windsor Court for years. I did not care for the Curried Chicken salad sandwiches. The cucumber sandwiches were not as tasty as they usually are. Also, the Cajun Milk Punch was not as good as it usually is. I love going to the Windsor for tea and hope this day was just off for some reason. I will go back in December to compare my visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friends Retirement Celebration TeaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014The afternoon was very special. The hostesses seat you immediately. The decor was lovely and the background piano music set a lovely mood for celebrating my friend's retirement. There was a very impressive selection of teas and the sandwiches, scones and sweets were lovely to look at and delicious to eat -- we had a lovely afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceMacaussieDined on 9/25/2014We went for the experience of an English style afternoon tea for my wife's birthday and it was a wonderful experience. We thoroughly recommend the afternoon tea. The sandwiches were great.Special Features:
- Nice English TeahighteadelightDined on 9/20/2014The service was impeccable, and the ambience was lovely.Special Features:
- Lovely afternoon teaOniee2Dined on 9/18/2014We had a lovely afternoon mother/daughter tea. Simply perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tea for twoFrankfromQueensDined on 9/18/2014The high tea at 2:00 pm was lovely. We cannot wait to return. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- DelightfulDatenightDined on 9/14/2014We brought our daughter and a few friends to tea for her 10th birthday. It was perfect! Eduardo our server was outstanding. He managed the demands of 5 little girls effortlessly. I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate a little girl's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely TeatimeRhondaDined on 9/5/2014The Windsor Court Salon in New Orleans is a perfect place for a quiet teatime with a friend or a group celebration!Special Features:
- Enjoyably elegantYardbird83Dined on 8/23/2014We took my 15 year old stepdaughter for afternoon tea and everything was delightful. It seems like such an New Orleans spin to start the tea service with a cocktail, and it was perfect. The choice of teas is amazing, and it is worth asking your server about his own preferences and why. All of the food is superb. I especially enjoyed the egg salad, something I don't usually go for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely wonderful afternoon tea!Table4ThreeDined on 8/16/2014The afternoon tea at Le Salon at the Windsor court Hotel in New Orleans is an experience not to be missed. We enjoyed the tea as part of a birthday celebration and were treated like royalty. The teas were delicious, as were the accompaniments. Our server was very knowledgeable about all the teas and was happy to educate us. We absolutely loved it and would highly recommend. I can't wait to enjoy tea here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Afternoon Tea in the USAPHDivaDined on 8/16/2014My daughter & I have for many years enjoyed quiet relaxing moments at LeSalon several times each year. We take my great nieces & their friends to Children Halloween & Christmas Teas which have become traditional in our family. We've had celebratory tea parties such as showers, birthdays, retirements & graduations at LeSalon. We've had afternoon tea at other places throughout the country but none compare with LeSalon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful time!Nola4everDined on 8/10/2014High Tea at The Windsor Court was wonderful. Service was impeccable and food was delicious. This particular weekend was child friendly and my granddaughter was so delighted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TEA TIME WAS WONDERFULInaPumpkinShellDined on 8/9/2014Went for the weekend afternoon tea with my best friend. We loved it. We plan on going again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bucket listmomofthreeDined on 8/3/2014we finally had tea at Windsor Court with my daughters. we have been frequent guests of Windsor Court and have always admired the groups having tea. glad we finally made time to indulge.Special Features:
- RhondaRhondaDined on 8/2/2014My husband and I enjoy having afternoon tea all around the world. The Windsor Court is our absolute favorite place for teatime!! We love the setting, the music, the food, and the service. I wholeheartedly recommend it to everyone!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Afternoon teaMissieDined on 7/25/2014Harpist plays in the background, tables are elegantly set, servers are helpful & prompt, and the food is delicious. I enjoyed taking at Le Salon at The Windsor Court Hotel very much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing afternoon tea in NOLALamiaSnowDined on 7/20/2014I absolutely LOVED it here. Tea sandwiches were delicious, service was top notch, setting was beautiful, and the desserts were almost too adorable to eat! Almost! An amazing way to end my weekend trip to New Orleans.Special Features:
- Tea for 21st BirthdayNjoynTDined on 7/18/2014My daughter and her friends had a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the SameLunaGDined on 7/13/2014I have been going to High Tea at the Windsor Court for over 20yrs. This time, I was very disappointed in the quantity and the display of the sandwhiches and pastries. It has always been so elegant. I felt like my group and I were getting someone's leftovers. It was a very special occasion for my family and I and it was a complete let down.Special Features:
- Princess Tea-for any age PrincessPrincessTeaDined on 7/12/2014Loved the Princess Tea at the Windsor Court. Suited to princesses of all ages (and we were nine, from 4 to 60s), including beverages for the younger and a bit more serious for the older. Scones were phenomenal, and the chocolate-covered strawberries were perfect. Princess Aurora was lovely, and totally enjoyed by all as she crowned our younger princesses, each with a tiara of their own. Delightful!Special Features:
- NolaNolaDined on 7/5/2014Thought it could have been a more private setting than out in the open. Also a big event was going on in the city and people were walking thru and very loud at times. The presentation of the food was excellent but it could have been tastier. Our server was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Afternoon TeatimeforteaDined on 7/5/2014My five-year-old niece said the sound of the harp and the decorations made the "house" feel sweet and peaceful. And I agree! It was a wonderfully calm and inviting place to have tea with my favorite girl. I imagine it would be as enjoyable had I gone with a friend, or brought my mom or aunt. Little bit said everything was "just delicious," and - again - I agree! All of that our server was absolutely wonderful to us. I definitely recommend having tea here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday TeaSunrizeDined on 6/21/2014My daughter and I had tea at 2:00 for my birthday. The tea room was decorated beautifully. We were seated at a quaint table for 2. We were serenaded by harpist while we enjoyed a variety of sandwiches, scones and dessert. And of course our Teas. It was very Elegant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful High TeadebnusDined on 6/21/2014High Tea at Windsor Court was a fabulous break from the heat and business of New Orleans. The staff was knowledgeable and discreet, but welcoming and made us feel at home. The suggestions on teas were right on and we very much enjoyed the pairings of sherry and savories. The maitre'd pronounced my name correctly the first time--which never happens. WELL DONE.Special Features:
- Elegant to Casual ComfortScarlettDined on 6/20/2014Grandma, Mother, Daughter, 3-Generation Outing for us. Can't say enough good things about this experience. Can be as casual or as Hoity-Toity as you care to make it for yourself. Fabulous Catered Specialties, both traditional & non- traditional to English Tea Time. Relaxing if you can MAKE yourself slow down in mind & body from the rush of modern life, and step back into a Southern Charmed Antibellum Parlor Experience. I feel like a Southern Belle just being here. Great for Bridal Parties, Quiet Showers, Intimate Couple, Mother/Daughter, Birthdays & More. Classical Piano or Harp sets the perfect atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- afternoon teastarpet8Dined on 6/6/2014We totally enjoyed the tea service. Service was personalized the selections were fantastic. I love teas and this was truly worth the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 339 reviews are from the Le Salon at the Windsor Court Hotel reviews archive.
- Tea at Windsor Court always goodHappyeatingDined on 5/31/2014The tea is always wonderful at Windsor Court. It wasn't very crowded, but only one server for all who we're present in the salon. The server forgot to refill my tea and also took a long time to heck on our table. The tea and food was good. The desserts not as good as I recall. A little pricey, but nice experience for special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok Tea experienceHeatherjotDined on 5/30/2014I thought the tea selections were great but the food was average - left me wanting for tastier - I liked the Ritz food better at their Tea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy and sophisticatedSweetLady11Dined on 5/15/2014My mother and I chose the afternoon tea at Windsor Court to kick of our very first trip to New Orleans, in honor of our milestone birthdays this year. She turning 60, and I having just turned 30. It was a very sophisticated and classy tea, with delectable, treats and sandwiches. The tea is wonderful and the service is spot on and spectacular. Just enough to hold us over from our arrival into NOLA until our dinner reservation later that evening. I noted that we were celebrating our birthdays in the opentable reservation notes and the staff wrote Happy Birthday on one of our dessert plates filled with chocolate covered strawberries. I would definitely recommend to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The perfect mother-daughter tea!AmyBDined on 5/11/2014My mother and I had tea for Mother's Day and we had a lovely time together! This is the second year in a row that we have enjoyed a Mother's Day Tea at the Windsor Court and we plan to go again next year! Eduardo was our server and we felt like we had a dear friend tending to us during our tea time. My mother and I thoroughly enjoyed our tea, our food, and the entire ambiance as well. We have enjoyed many special occasions in the tea room through the years and we are always pleased with all aspects of The Windsor Court and Le Salon.Special Features:
- Perfect Mother's Day celebrationRhondaDined on 5/10/2014Afternoon Tea at the Windsor Court on Mother's Day was a delightful celebration for my mother and our family! The food is delicious and fresh. The service is friendly and attentive. The setting is lovely, and the live harp music was beautiful. We will definitely go again as we often do, and we will highly recommend it to others!Special Features:
- Mother's Day TeaNeecyDined on 5/10/2014As usual the tables were perfectly set with beautiful live background music being played. The cocktails, food, and tea were good. The only problem was an inexperienced server. We were only able to get her attention for only a second cup of tea during the seating. I've been a customer many times over the years and this was the worst service I ever experienced. Now it wasn't the worse I've ever had but the worst I've experienced here.Special Features:
- Afternoon TeateadivaDined on 4/27/2014Recently, we had afternoon tea at Le Salon. The tea, sandwiches and pastries were all wonderful, as was the service, I just wish it had been a little less noisy. There were two large groups also having tea that afternoon- one was a bridal party and the other appeared to be a society or club meeting- and between the two, the noise level was high. It was difficult to have a quiet conversation and we could barely hear the wonderful harpist. I would recommend tea at Le Salon, just perhaps on a quieter day. One other item of note, is that there was an automatic 20% gratuity applied to our bill (we were a party of four). The service was fantastic, so it wasn't a big deal, it just would have been nice to be notified.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter TeaBayouBelleDined on 4/20/2014As always, tea was wonderful! The special Easter cocktails were especially delicious. My out of town guests were very impressed with the lovely tea, the hotel and the impeccable service! Lisa is a marvelous tea hostess. She is knowledgeable and efficient but never stuffy. We enjoyed her so much! The lovely young harpist, Ashley was a joy! She is so talented and her beautiful music was the perfect accompaniment for our very special afternoon. The food, music, service and ambiance were all fabulous! Tea at the Salon is one of our favorite things to do and it was the perfect way to spend Easter afternoon!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/19/2014Worth a try, but once is enough. Our server was not good, maybe the others are better. We were a group of 5 and she kept sniffing each pot, yes , sticking her nose in each pot to see whose was whose before refilling our cups. Then dripped tea all over the table...ugh!Special Features:
- Afternoon TeaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014Afternoon Tea @ the Winsor Court Hotel was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite afternoon teaAprilDined on 4/13/2014The Windsor Court outshines every competitor with their afternoon tea. They offer a wonderful selection of teas, ranging from traditional favorites to seasonal treats. Their scones are scrumptious, as well as hearty and filling. The selection of finger sandwiches has something to please every taste. And, the chocolate covered strawberries are enormous, as well as unbelievably sweet and juicy. No place does tea like the Windsor Court, and the staff really understands how to create an ambiance of casual elegance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth it!NaenaeDined on 4/6/2014Strangely enough, this is only one of two places where you can experience afternoon tea service in the city. I prefer this place because they give you much, much more food and I found the wait staff to be more attentive. It's very yummy! Try the vanilla tea! <3Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2014I have been going to tea at Le Salon at the Windsor Court Hotel for several years. It has always been a wonderful experience. This time was such a huge disappointment. We waited for tea, we waited for food, we waited for refills. The amount and size of portions of the food is substantially less and the priced is more. We waited so long for a tea refill that the tea was bitter when served. The sandwiches were not very good. The scones were good but small. The desserts were small and not very good. It cost $37 plus tax and an automatic 20% gratuity. The service was poor and did not warrant a 20% tip. Unless I hear that there has been an improvement in the food and service, I will not be returning for tea with my friends. Sad!Special Features: