340 West 46th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lerivagenyc.com/
- Phone: 2127657374
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday - Monday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Paul Denamiel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate 20 to 110 guests in a private dining capacity.
- Private Party Contact: email@example.com 2127657374
- Cross Street: Between 8th and 9th Avenues
- Public Transit: C & E trains to 50th Street; N, R & W trains to 49th Street; 1 train to 50th Street; and all trains to Times Square/42nd Street.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There is a public lot located across the street from the restaurant.
A word from Le Rivage
Le Rivage offers you a cozy, romantic French country atmosphere where traditional French cuisine is expertly prepared for your pleasure. Fresh flowers embellish each table. Prices are delightfully affordable with incredibly rewarding selections; a true bargain in the heart of the theatre district.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Le Rivage reviews from OpenTable diners
203 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (111)romantic (83)special occasion (73)fit for foodies (66)great for lunch (65)good for groups (37)notable wine list (17)late-night find (15)great for brunch (14)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (7)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Biggest Bang For The Buckredrose5200VIPDined on 9/17/2014I've eaten here at least a dozen times and I'm never disappointed. Food is always tasty and comes out piping hot, which is always a plus for me. Their $25 Pre-Fixe menu has so many choices for Appetizers, Entrees and Desserts, you can't go wrong. Place is always jammed prior to a Broadway show but the service is always outstanding. Give it a try, you won't regret it.Special Features:
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Lovely restaurant,good food ,attentive service. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodChrisLDined on 9/16/2014First time at Le Rivage. My wife and I both enjoyed our meal. Our server was very attentive. We would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- redsDined on 9/13/2014I've been here twice since I learned of the restaurant and enjoyed both occasions. The food was excellent, nice size portions, and well worth the price. The first time was for dinner prix fixe and went back last Saturday for the prix fixe after 7:30. I will be back again.Special Features:
- Pre-fixe DinnerSheil31VIPDined on 9/12/2014The pre-fixe lunch and dinner menus are a bargain. Good for dining before or after the theater.Special Features:
- SovietJimMVIPDined on 9/11/2014Despite all the good reviews, I was unimpressed and disappointed. They accept late reservations, yet the waitress wanted to take our orders before we'd even settled at the table, looked at our menus, or ordered wine. Once we got over those bumps, things were slapped down and yanked away with little regard for us. We were seated, for some reason, right next to the only other table in the restaurant that was still occupied. The highlight was the price: the entire menu is prix fixe at $25, so I guess we got what we paid for. The food was OK, the wine was fine.
- Excellent in every WayQuicksandDined on 9/11/2014Ambience , service & food was excellent. Great menu with prefix dinner before theater. I highly recommend this Resturant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Prix-Fixe for Theater GoersSusanVIPDined on 9/10/2014The beauty of this restaurant is the fixed price menu for theater goers. Appetizer,main meal, dessert and coffee all for $39. The selection is extensive and daily specials are included as well. The night we dined, coq au vin was one of the daily specials and it was delicious. Dessert included such choices as creme brulee and creme caramel. Well organized hostess and excellent quick service to accommodate various theater goers. Very comfortable seating in a relaxed setting. An additional bonus was a glass of house merlot that was in a super large glass and made my evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good pre theater optionOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/10/2014We had the pre fixe lunch for $25 which included appetizer, entree, desert and coffee. A great deal. The menu options are extensive. The place was packed with customers. We had the artichoke salad, beef bourguignon and chocolate mousse. All were delicious. Service was great. This quality of the food is very good here and I am a regular customerSpecial Features:
- pre theater meal pre fixpennyDined on 9/8/2014The steak was first class the best I have ever had and the salmon was divineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le Rivage ReviewMamaBevDined on 9/7/2014Le Rivage on West 46th Street is a great pre-show restaurant in the Theater District. Service and food are reliably good. The French onion soup met expectations. The prix fixe menu offers nice selections at a reasonable price for a good meal in New York City. The restaurant is clean and owners have put effort into the décor. A pleasant experience can be expected when one dines at Le Rivage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just AverageJoeDineVIPDined on 9/7/2014Nice ambience, but the food is just average. You get lots of food, but it is just average especially for the price.
- Pre-theater dinnerGlenCoveDined on 9/4/2014Restaurant Row, West 46 St, has many places to choose for dinner. We tried this place for the 1st time and was very pleased with the food, service and decor. We ate from the pre-theater price fixed menu which offered many choices. My wife ate fish (sole) and I had the pork chop. Both were very good. Dessert and coffee were included.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014Attentive professional service, good good, comfortable coziness, and easy conversation! All you really need for an excellent theater dinner experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JGC1VIPDined on 9/3/2014Always dependable food and quick pleasant service in the theatre district.Special Features:
- Service was pleasant & friendly.Andrewsgirl123Dined on 9/3/2014I arrived at the restaurant early, quite a bit before my friend. The staff was friendly and accommodating, and I did not feel pressured while waiting for her to arrive. Although there was only a prix fixe menu, the selection was very wide and interesting. I enjoyed my visit, and I will certainly recommend the restaurant to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okaySteveVIPDined on 9/3/2014We had the prefix pre-theatre lunch. The service was excellent however the food was just okay. The couple we had lunch with dined there several times in the past. I found the chicken dish I had to be lacking in flavor and my wife's veal was severely overcooked. Although the price was excellent ($25 for 3 courses) and the menu selection large, I would not return.
- hungryDined on 8/31/2014I took my grandaughter for lunch at LeRivage pre theatre and we enjoyed it very much. The food was delicious. I had herring appetizer and it was best I ever had. She enjoyed the soup. We both ordered chicken cordonblue and it was spectacular. Dessert was also good. The service was attentive and professional. There were live roses at every table.The music was subdued. It was a price fixe menu and very reasonable for the meal we had. I will return and recommend this restaurant to my friends. We had reservations and were seated immediately.Special Features:
- Great for before Broadway showdogownerVIPDined on 8/30/2014This was our first visit to Le Rivage and we were very happy with it. They have a prix fixe dinner which is reasonably priced (even less expensive if you're not going right before an evening show). We would definitely return when we see another Broadway show in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre show dinnerGaryGDined on 8/30/2014Le Rivage is a good choice for pre theater dining. Close to the theaters, fast and efficient service, food was very good. The restaurant hasn't been updated in a long time but it is clean, and well managed. The owners are warm and accommodating. The service was efficient and professional.The pre theater menu was very good and very reasonable.
- Wonderful dinner at Le RivageDeborahVIPDined on 8/30/2014We just enjoyed a great dinner at Le Rivage, before seeing a show. There were many excellent choices on the fixed price menu and both of us enjoyed all three courses. The service is perfect and we enjoyed the intimacy of the dining room. We have dined here before and plan to return again, really recommend it very highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A one time RestaurantBettyDined on 8/30/2014The Prix Fixe Menu is extensive with a lot of variety. I ordered the Lobster Bisque I would skip this it was watery and very salty. As my main course I ordered the Beef Stew it was tasty but a very small sampling only three pieces of beef and a lot of gravy. The friends I was with ordered the Salmon and it was a large portion and they said it was moist and flavorful another friend ordered the half chicken with tomatoes and onions she enjoyed that. All my friends were not impressed with their appetizer choices. We all had desserts and they were all very good. I am happy I tried this restaurant but would not go for a second time.Special Features:
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Excellent portions, delicious food, great prices and service!Special Features:
- Bon Appetite!HappyCoupleDined on 8/23/2014Like French Onion Soup? You'll love it here! The main dishes were served hot and fresh. The service was excellent and the owner stopped by to see how we liked the experience. Our eclair was filled with chocolate cream, and it was delicious. We'll definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood CharmEDMLDined on 8/23/2014Charming and romantic setting. Service was great, food was great: Escargot, duck and apple crepe for deserts - the best. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Pre-Theaterfan2013Dined on 8/23/2014Have always enjoyed dining here when in New York to attend the theater. Their location is very convenient and their Prix Fixe menu provides many choices. You feel welcome and the staff is attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice and cozy, food - a plusNinaVIPDined on 8/22/2014We had a pretheatre dinner. Food was good and service was attentive. I just wish there were no two kinds of pris fixe - one before 7.30 and another for 7.30. But, it was a good experience and a good start for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le RivageBVgirlonHillDined on 8/20/2014Guess what, prix-fixed dinner after 7:30P in NYC! Wow, how fantastique! Dinner was lovely at this cozy restaurant - everyone cordial, food delicious. We had some things that weren't on the prix-fix, but not exhorbitantly priced, which was nice. Overall a very nice experience for one young person who had never been to a French restaurant, this, I said, is what it is like in a Paris restaurant off the main boulevards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrificshanaladyDined on 8/16/2014this is one of my favorite restaurants in NYC, the food is always excellent Service this time was just ok, not as friendly as usual but still a great evening it was my son's birthday and they didn't acknowledge it as usual but still a great restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/16/2014Magnificent in every way that counts! I'm glad this restaurant is in NY instead of Paris........Beautiful ambience, exceptional food and perfectly timed service........Special Features:
- Excellent atmosphere and foodJerseyDined on 8/15/2014We went here for an anniversary dinner before seeing a broadway show. We had a great dining experience here. The food was presented well and tasted delicious while the atmosphere was authentic and cozy. The staff was very welcoming although the only negative was that the waitress serving us was rather detached. The pre-fix 3 course meal menu for $39 which encompasses a wide variety of choices makes this restaurant reasonably priced. It is also very close to Times Square and within walking distance to many broadway shows. Overall, I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting to eat dinner in a romantic setting before a broadway show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great every timeNJJoanDined on 8/15/2014I have been to this restaurant both with my husband, with other couples and with my girlfriends, and both for lunch and dinner. I have never had a bad meal nor bad service and do not hesitate to recommend others to go. Everything on the menu is so good, it's hard to choose one favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in the theater district.komoDined on 8/14/2014Le Rivage offers good, solid French food at reasonable prices. Nice, relaxing atmosphere. Have been coming for years. Will continue in the future-especially great for the theater crowd. If you are chasing the latest fad in cuisine go elsewhere. This restaurant remains a local gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent French restaurantDennisVIPDined on 8/10/2014We had an excellent post theatre matinee dinner at Le Rivage. Very authentically French in food and ambience. Service was excellent. My wife had the Coquille appetizer and the Boeuf Bourgignone. I had the Veal Scalloppini. Both of us agree, these were about the best we have ever had. The prix fixe menu is terrific at $39 and offered many selections, not just the usual restaurant week three choices. If you are going to the theatre I would highly recommend Le Rivage on restaurant row. Many reasonably priced excellent selections on the wine list. I thought Le Rivage was as good as New York's top French restauarants.Special Features:
- Mixed feelingseosccVIPDined on 8/10/2014Our server was adequate, but not attentive. The atmosphere was very nice. My trout Almondine wes excellent. My wife's Sole almondine had to be prepared gluten-free. She felt that it had no flavor. We know that most gluten free foods taste different from regularly prepared dishes, but some restaurants do a better job than others. Many restaurants in NYC go out of their way to accommodate people on a gluten-free regimen. We have eaten at countless restaurants which have gluten free rolls and gluten free menus. It is obvious that Le Rivage does not want to go that route, although they were very willing to adapt some of the menu items.. That being said, I would recommend Le Rivage to those who can order off the regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite RestaurantJeffDined on 8/9/2014This is our favorite restaurant in New York. We have come here the last three years and it never is disappointing. The service is outstanding and the French food is second to none. The pace of the meal was exactly as it is supposed to be--not rushed and never did we have to look for our server. The relatively small restaurant makes for a truly romantic atmosphere and makes for a special night out. The chef obviously prepares each dish with the knowledge and experience that makes for a little bit of France right in New York. We will go back every time we go to New YorkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ratings were way offVeteranFoodieDined on 8/9/2014This restaurant wasn't even close to 4 stars! The sauce in the beef bourgignon was way too heavy and there was exactly 1 piece of potato in the 'stew.' I had chicken cordon bleu, having had all over the world, including many times in France, and can easily say it did not resemble any variation I have ever seen. Basically overcooked chicken with a cream sauce poured atop it. The peach melba - like something for a two year old -- a plop of over-frozen ice cream dumped in a bowl with a frozen peach sitting on top and raspberry sauce literally dumped over the two. The lack of quality of the food was only superceded by the lack of attention and courtesy of the waitress with a surly attitude! In short, skip this French restaurant!
- Le Rivage A Dining Delight!TriciaVIPDined on 8/8/2014During our trip to the Big Apple we enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Le Rivage. It is close to the Times Square area where we were staying - so we could walk. It is on a quieter side street. The restaurant's lovely interior you felt we were back in Paris! Menu was extensive and I enjoyed a delightful onion soup - steak - my husband enjoyed their Monk Fish Medallions and the tart maison for a wonderful dessert finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid broadway pretheater diningaestheticsenseDined on 8/8/2014Enjoyed the varied prix fix $39 traditional french menu at long-time restaurant row staple Le Rivage. You walk downstairs into the alsace country themed restaurant which serves classic french fare with the speed necessary to get you to your show. While the dishes would not be considered stellar; (I enjoyed a good cut lamb chop in a decent demi glace, my husband had beef bourguignon with a tasty though thin gravy, and my daughter had monk fish which was too heavily breaded, but with a nice sauce) generally, all the food was prepared at the right temperature and along classic lines. Overall, a good choice, pre-theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le RivageJoeyDined on 8/7/2014Post theatre dinner was good. Food was good, service was very good and price was very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.