340 West 46th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lerivagenyc.com/
- Phone: 2127657374
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday - Monday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Paul Denamiel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate 20 to 110 guests in a private dining capacity.
- Private Party Contact: email@example.com 2127657374
- Cross Street: Between 8th and 9th Avenues
- Public Transit: C & E trains to 50th Street; N, R & W trains to 49th Street; 1 train to 50th Street; and all trains to Times Square/42nd Street.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There is a public lot located across the street from the restaurant.
A word from Le Rivage
Le Rivage offers you a cozy, romantic French country atmosphere where traditional French cuisine is expertly prepared for your pleasure. Fresh flowers embellish each table. Prices are delightfully affordable with incredibly rewarding selections; a true bargain in the heart of the theatre district.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Le Rivage reviews from OpenTable diners
207 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (114)romantic (89)special occasion (75)great for lunch (73)fit for foodies (71)good for groups (42)notable wine list (21)great for brunch (16)late-night find (14)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great for before Broadway showdogownerVIPDined on 8/30/2014This was our first visit to Le Rivage and we were very happy with it. They have a prix fixe dinner which is reasonably priced (even less expensive if you're not going right before an evening show). We would definitely return when we see another Broadway show in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre show dinnerGaryGDined on 8/30/2014Le Rivage is a good choice for pre theater dining. Close to the theaters, fast and efficient service, food was very good. The restaurant hasn't been updated in a long time but it is clean, and well managed. The owners are warm and accommodating. The service was efficient and professional.The pre theater menu was very good and very reasonable.
- Wonderful dinner at Le RivageDeborahVIPDined on 8/30/2014We just enjoyed a great dinner at Le Rivage, before seeing a show. There were many excellent choices on the fixed price menu and both of us enjoyed all three courses. The service is perfect and we enjoyed the intimacy of the dining room. We have dined here before and plan to return again, really recommend it very highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A one time RestaurantBettyDined on 8/30/2014The Prix Fixe Menu is extensive with a lot of variety. I ordered the Lobster Bisque I would skip this it was watery and very salty. As my main course I ordered the Beef Stew it was tasty but a very small sampling only three pieces of beef and a lot of gravy. The friends I was with ordered the Salmon and it was a large portion and they said it was moist and flavorful another friend ordered the half chicken with tomatoes and onions she enjoyed that. All my friends were not impressed with their appetizer choices. We all had desserts and they were all very good. I am happy I tried this restaurant but would not go for a second time.Special Features:
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Excellent portions, delicious food, great prices and service!Special Features:
- Bon Appetite!HappyCoupleDined on 8/23/2014Like French Onion Soup? You'll love it here! The main dishes were served hot and fresh. The service was excellent and the owner stopped by to see how we liked the experience. Our eclair was filled with chocolate cream, and it was delicious. We'll definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood CharmEDMLDined on 8/23/2014Charming and romantic setting. Service was great, food was great: Escargot, duck and apple crepe for deserts - the best. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Pre-Theaterfan2013Dined on 8/23/2014Have always enjoyed dining here when in New York to attend the theater. Their location is very convenient and their Prix Fixe menu provides many choices. You feel welcome and the staff is attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice and cozy, food - a plusNinaVIPDined on 8/22/2014We had a pretheatre dinner. Food was good and service was attentive. I just wish there were no two kinds of pris fixe - one before 7.30 and another for 7.30. But, it was a good experience and a good start for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le RivageBVgirlonHillDined on 8/20/2014Guess what, prix-fixed dinner after 7:30P in NYC! Wow, how fantastique! Dinner was lovely at this cozy restaurant - everyone cordial, food delicious. We had some things that weren't on the prix-fix, but not exhorbitantly priced, which was nice. Overall a very nice experience for one young person who had never been to a French restaurant, this, I said, is what it is like in a Paris restaurant off the main boulevards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrificshanaladyDined on 8/16/2014this is one of my favorite restaurants in NYC, the food is always excellent Service this time was just ok, not as friendly as usual but still a great evening it was my son's birthday and they didn't acknowledge it as usual but still a great restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/16/2014Magnificent in every way that counts! I'm glad this restaurant is in NY instead of Paris........Beautiful ambience, exceptional food and perfectly timed service........Special Features:
- Excellent atmosphere and foodJerseyDined on 8/15/2014We went here for an anniversary dinner before seeing a broadway show. We had a great dining experience here. The food was presented well and tasted delicious while the atmosphere was authentic and cozy. The staff was very welcoming although the only negative was that the waitress serving us was rather detached. The pre-fix 3 course meal menu for $39 which encompasses a wide variety of choices makes this restaurant reasonably priced. It is also very close to Times Square and within walking distance to many broadway shows. Overall, I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting to eat dinner in a romantic setting before a broadway show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great every timeNJJoanDined on 8/15/2014I have been to this restaurant both with my husband, with other couples and with my girlfriends, and both for lunch and dinner. I have never had a bad meal nor bad service and do not hesitate to recommend others to go. Everything on the menu is so good, it's hard to choose one favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in the theater district.komoDined on 8/14/2014Le Rivage offers good, solid French food at reasonable prices. Nice, relaxing atmosphere. Have been coming for years. Will continue in the future-especially great for the theater crowd. If you are chasing the latest fad in cuisine go elsewhere. This restaurant remains a local gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent French restaurantDennisVIPDined on 8/10/2014We had an excellent post theatre matinee dinner at Le Rivage. Very authentically French in food and ambience. Service was excellent. My wife had the Coquille appetizer and the Boeuf Bourgignone. I had the Veal Scalloppini. Both of us agree, these were about the best we have ever had. The prix fixe menu is terrific at $39 and offered many selections, not just the usual restaurant week three choices. If you are going to the theatre I would highly recommend Le Rivage on restaurant row. Many reasonably priced excellent selections on the wine list. I thought Le Rivage was as good as New York's top French restauarants.Special Features:
- Mixed feelingseosccVIPDined on 8/10/2014Our server was adequate, but not attentive. The atmosphere was very nice. My trout Almondine wes excellent. My wife's Sole almondine had to be prepared gluten-free. She felt that it had no flavor. We know that most gluten free foods taste different from regularly prepared dishes, but some restaurants do a better job than others. Many restaurants in NYC go out of their way to accommodate people on a gluten-free regimen. We have eaten at countless restaurants which have gluten free rolls and gluten free menus. It is obvious that Le Rivage does not want to go that route, although they were very willing to adapt some of the menu items.. That being said, I would recommend Le Rivage to those who can order off the regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite RestaurantJeffDined on 8/9/2014This is our favorite restaurant in New York. We have come here the last three years and it never is disappointing. The service is outstanding and the French food is second to none. The pace of the meal was exactly as it is supposed to be--not rushed and never did we have to look for our server. The relatively small restaurant makes for a truly romantic atmosphere and makes for a special night out. The chef obviously prepares each dish with the knowledge and experience that makes for a little bit of France right in New York. We will go back every time we go to New YorkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ratings were way offVeteranFoodieDined on 8/9/2014This restaurant wasn't even close to 4 stars! The sauce in the beef bourgignon was way too heavy and there was exactly 1 piece of potato in the 'stew.' I had chicken cordon bleu, having had all over the world, including many times in France, and can easily say it did not resemble any variation I have ever seen. Basically overcooked chicken with a cream sauce poured atop it. The peach melba - like something for a two year old -- a plop of over-frozen ice cream dumped in a bowl with a frozen peach sitting on top and raspberry sauce literally dumped over the two. The lack of quality of the food was only superceded by the lack of attention and courtesy of the waitress with a surly attitude! In short, skip this French restaurant!
- Le Rivage A Dining Delight!TriciaVIPDined on 8/8/2014During our trip to the Big Apple we enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Le Rivage. It is close to the Times Square area where we were staying - so we could walk. It is on a quieter side street. The restaurant's lovely interior you felt we were back in Paris! Menu was extensive and I enjoyed a delightful onion soup - steak - my husband enjoyed their Monk Fish Medallions and the tart maison for a wonderful dessert finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid broadway pretheater diningaestheticsenseDined on 8/8/2014Enjoyed the varied prix fix $39 traditional french menu at long-time restaurant row staple Le Rivage. You walk downstairs into the alsace country themed restaurant which serves classic french fare with the speed necessary to get you to your show. While the dishes would not be considered stellar; (I enjoyed a good cut lamb chop in a decent demi glace, my husband had beef bourguignon with a tasty though thin gravy, and my daughter had monk fish which was too heavily breaded, but with a nice sauce) generally, all the food was prepared at the right temperature and along classic lines. Overall, a good choice, pre-theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le RivageJoeyDined on 8/7/2014Post theatre dinner was good. Food was good, service was very good and price was very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findnewfieDined on 8/6/2014At the last minute used Open Table to make a reservation here. Brought our 12 year old granddaughter. We were all well looked after. Had the prix fixee option and could not believe the number of choices and how they accommodated our granddaughter. Very European service; never rushed and a number of parties lingered chatting after their meal. Great value for money.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Great place to eat before seeing a show. Service from our waitress was wonderful which made our dining experience (first-timers) a very enjoyable time. Driving into the city was a nightmare but the food & service made up for all of that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food theatre districtNYfoodtoeatDined on 8/3/2014food was tasty. heavily sauced as is often the case w much french food prefer lighter american lunch is good dealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old and tired...gregDined on 8/2/2014The menu, food and ambience all need a good and thorough revision. It's okay for before the theater as they have a formulaic process to get you in and out. The food is not especially attractively served and the servers are rushed to get take orders and serve them. The chef kept coming out of the kitchen to view the scene. He also made some audible remarks about people at tables where guests had not yet arrived. The menu is prefix and the food is mostly old school French. Portions are adequate but not haute de cuisine. It is rather like eating in an old fashioned restaurant that is dark, has the smell of the ages, etc. Couldn't recommend if other than for a quick dinner before the theater.
- prix fixe lunchbrunchfanDined on 8/2/2014My friend and I had a delicious lunch, and the portions were plentiful. We were not rushed and thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience! A great value with excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great serviceFrenchloverDined on 7/31/2014I would happily suggest this place to everyone, it was immaculate from the service to the ambience, duck terrine was absolutely delicious, also the dliced veal, just the sauce of frog legs was a bit too strong, but fine anyway. Crem brulee and apple tart were also good.Special Features:
- Never disappointsmandie15Dined on 7/27/2014Friendly staff, good food and $39.00 prixe fixe dinner make this a great after theater spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday placeExcellenteDined on 7/25/2014Had my dinner here with friends to celebrate my 40th and we loved everything about it. Highly recommend for a pre-show dinner, they got us out in about 1.5 hoursSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionGoodfrenchDined on 7/25/2014Brought our granddaughter to NY for 16th birthday. Had dinner at Le Ravage before broadway show. The staff made her feel extra special with birthday dessert and singing. Quaint French restaurant, romantic,excellent food and very attentive staff. We will go back every time we have the opportunity to visit NY. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre Theator DinerSteveDined on 7/25/2014Great pre Theator Diner. Meal was terrific, everyone agreed. Will definitely stop there again for a pre show meal. The fixed menu was outstanding well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavoritediningDined on 7/24/2014Our meal at La Rivage was outstanding. It is one of my favorite places to dine. I have been there many times and will return many timesI am sure.Special Features:
- Planning to go backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014I searched the Zagat guide for hours to find a good restaurant with a varied menu and reasonable prices. I found it. I went here with a group of 4 and we loved everything we had. Delicious food, nice surroundings, good service. I work in the area, and I am planning to go back for many visits for both lunch and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014I enjoyed lunch there with three friends. I had been there before but none of the others had been. Always afraid to recommend a restaurant but Le Rivage was wonderful. Loved the choices on the pre fixed lunch menu, so many.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family favoritejennyfromtheblockDined on 7/21/2014Le Rivage is always a favorite when family comes to visit. Great food and great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner for my husbandOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/21/2014A Florida friend had raved about Le Rivage so many times, that I had to make a reservation there. I made the reservation on a Monday the 21st of July, my husband's 77th birthday. The atmosphere was lovely and the wait staff excellent. $39 price for a prix fixed meal was reasonable. The only fault I had, was that the food was just "OK", especially my husband's fish. My steak and spinach was spot on. Maybe my review is a little harsh, because I'm a really good chef that uses a lot of spices. So, for the price, the food was a good deal. I would have rather spent more money, which we are used to and have a meal that was of higher quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le Rivagejlf1974Dined on 7/20/2014This was our third visit to Le Rivage. The food and service have always been exceptionally good. The prix fixe lunch option is very reasonable and the food selection options are numerous and well presented. Tables are a bit close together so conversations of other diners are often audible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningKMS1Dined on 7/19/2014We had a wonderful night at Le Rivage. The food was delicious and the restaurant was charming. We would highly recommend having a quiet dinner there.Special Features:
- viva la frenchfaverlin7Dined on 7/19/2014our favorite restaurant for pre theatre. Our train was late and they kept the table one hour. Delicious trout, delicious peach Melba.Special Features: