340 West 46th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lerivagenyc.com/
- Phone: 2127657374
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday - Monday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Paul Denamiel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate 20 to 110 guests in a private dining capacity.
- Private Party Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 2127657374
- Cross Street: Between 8th and 9th Avenues
- Public Transit: C & E trains to 50th Street; N, R & W trains to 49th Street; 1 train to 50th Street; and all trains to Times Square/42nd Street.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There is a public lot located across the street from the restaurant.
A word from Le Rivage
Le Rivage offers you a cozy, romantic French country atmosphere where traditional French cuisine is expertly prepared for your pleasure. Fresh flowers embellish each table. Prices are delightfully affordable with incredibly rewarding selections; a true bargain in the heart of the theatre district.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Le Rivage reviews from OpenTable diners
230 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (121)romantic (80)special occasion (69)fit for foodies (67)great for lunch (66)good for groups (42)late-night find (22)notable wine list (19)great for brunch (11)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- SmileOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014This is a nice little restaurant, the tables are rather close together. The host & hostess need to smile and look as though they might be pleased to see a customer. Same holds true for the waitress. The food was delicious with a nice selection. Wine list good. Although crowded for lunch, we were not rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very EnjoyableSFRNYDined on 10/27/2014We went to Le Rivage for dinner prior to a play. The service was excellent, the menu was extensive. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- Restaurant Row gemDEBSTERDined on 10/26/2014I had noted that my Mom's birthday was that night and without saying a word they brought a desert she ordered with a candle and sang HB. Great food, relaxing and the service was great. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Pre-Theater ProsBobbyVIPDined on 10/25/2014This classic French restaurant on Restaurant Row turned out a very good meal before we went to the theater on a busy Saturday night. The serving staff was very capable and professional and the food was very good.Special Features:
- superbOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/25/2014It was a price fix menu and the choices were unbelievable, so many. Or server was very helpful when it came to making a choice,, and the food was incredible. We will return whenever we go to the theatre, afternoon or evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic French Comfort FoodMandJDinersDined on 10/25/2014If you enjoy having consistently tasty French food in a relaxing old setting without pretension, Le Rivage is a welcome choice. Bon Appetit!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014excellent choice for lunch before a matinee. most reasonable prix fixe. quick service and really good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly French restauranteatout2Dined on 10/23/2014Le Rivage is a charming French restaurant on restaurant row (46th Street between 8th & 9th Ave.). We went at 8 pm so the theater crowd was gone and the restaurant was very quiet. We enjoyed the friendly service and good selection on the prix-fixe menu, which was a good value at $25.00. My husband liked the mussels appetizer, but his beef Bourgogne was a little chewy. I enjoyed the melon and prosciutto appetizer and Coquiille seafood dish. Dessert was also included and very nice. All in all, a pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/22/2014Perfect pretheater French menu with broad traditional French dishes at incredibly reasonable prices. Serrvice swift so you always make your curtain.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Prix-fixe menuJaneeDined on 10/22/2014Enormous choices for all courses. Food was very well prepared. Excellent for getting the group out to the theater in timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious LunchDiningdivaDined on 10/22/2014They've got before theater dining down perfectly. I went at noon, and the place was soon completely full, but my reservation was honored without a problem. The service was swift and pleasant. The menu was varied with lots of choices for the prix fixe meal. I had the trout almondine and it was delicious! I can never pass on flan for desert and I was also pleased. This is a restaurant row spot that deserves it's long standing for the before theater crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good price fixed dinnerAgulhaDined on 10/21/2014Excellent selection of apps, entrees and desserts included in prize fixed dinner All had different soups that were amazing Trout, duck and veal were all cooked properly and tasted delicious Desserts and coffee were the perfect ending to a lovely day in NYC
- Very TastyannierDined on 10/19/2014The food is classic French and very good (although they do like their mustard in sauces). The decor is old fashioned French, but warm and inviting. The service is very good. The staff is friendly and efficient. It can get a bit noisy, but that's restaurant row. We would go back.Special Features:
- excellent French cuisinemelitatdVIPDined on 10/18/2014I was floored with the quality of the food here. The service was also very good. The place itself is a bit run down.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014The food and service were excellent. I have been coming to Le Rivage for over thirty years and it is my favorite restaurant in the theatre district.Special Features:
- Best Bargain in NY.JordyVIPDined on 10/17/2014If you can go after 8PM and enjoy their Prix Fixe for only $25 PP plus drinks,tax and tip.It's good to.Whether you go Pre Theatre or later everything you order here is good.Special Features:
- A Nice SurpriseWillbebackDined on 10/17/2014It was our first visit to Le Rivage. Although I felt the staff was rushing us I was still pleased with the good food and ambiance of the restaurant. We had the pre fixe menu and since we arrived at 6:00 P.M., 90 minutes was plenty of time to enjoy a very nice dinner and arrive at the theater 15 minutes before curtain time. I liked the fact that the wait staff was French speaking. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old world charmJuneDined on 10/16/2014Great Theater District find with solid old time French cooking. The menu has excellent choices at very reasonable for NYC prices. The place is friendly and totally unpretentious - it's kind of a throw back to the 60's or 70's. That only added to the charm. We were late for our reservation and had 7:00 PM theater tickets. Our waitress took charge, was totally agreeable and said not to worry. Everything tasted great from appetizers to dessert and we made it to the show feeling full, happy and relaxed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Country French RestaurantLuv2dineDined on 10/16/2014I have never been disappointed when dining at LeRivage. The food and service are consistently excellent. I always return when I am in the city. You will enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skigolf13skigolfDined on 10/16/2014Fantastic French restaurant in the theatre district. The food was excellent. We had the pre-theatre dinner that consisted of appetizer, entree, coffee and desert. The waitress was attentive to our needs and did not rush us at all. Would definitely go there again!Special Features:
- A favorite..BarbaraDined on 10/15/2014Le Rivage is one of our favorite restaurants. Very stylish, classy French ambiance and excellent food. Le Rivage is a stand out in a city restaurants. We've been several times over many years and they never disappoint!Special Features:
- Wonderful valueAud1VIPDined on 10/15/2014For the money,our lunch was terrific! Even though it was prix fixe, the menu (choices) was extensive. Food was good, as was the service. The one negative is the closeness of the tables...packed in "like a can of sardines".Special Features:
- paulhDined on 10/14/2014The $25 prix-fixe menu was big and varied, and the food was very good. A pleasant surprise for a first=time.Special Features:
- Felt like I was in FranceLouiseDined on 10/14/2014Charming ambiance and staff. Hearty french bistro style food. I would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GlenwoodDined on 10/12/2014Delightful pre-theater dinner. Well prepared standard French menu in an atmosphere that made conversation possible and pleasant.
- Good valueOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2014Post 7:30 theatre crowd there is a $25 Prix fix dinner with 3 courses and ample choices. We had a table for 6 that was ready when we arrived. The wait staff was excellent, as was the food. This is our second time there and will go again,Special Features:
- Great taste, great experienceTastybitsDined on 10/11/2014Everything was nice from the moment we arrived at the restaurant. The owners were delightful and the inside of the place felt like home. I will recommend it to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedBigLouDined on 10/8/2014Food average. Service no personality. Assembly line atmosphere.
- shooozDined on 10/8/2014I have been coming here for about 30 years and food and service has remained greta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely French atmospherenjoyfoodDined on 10/7/2014Enjoyed our meal in this lovely setting. Quick service (geared to theater goers), attractive menu, food well prepared, and Prix Fixe very competitive .Special Features:
- A true under the radar gem!!nyterpfanDined on 10/6/2014What an incredibly charming place Le Rivage is. It feels like you're visiting a quaint Parisian cafe!! The after 7:30PM prix fixe 3 course special for $25.00 has got to be the best deal in all of New York. I had pork-pate as an appetizer, coq au vin for the main dinner course with chocolate mousse as dessert along with coffee, a glass of merlot and a Tanqueray martini for $50.00 total!! That is unreal!! And the food is superb!!Special Features:
- True NYC restaurantDinerdonDined on 10/6/2014Great place on restaurant row! Intimate, cozy, warm yet the real flavor of NYC. Excellent French cuisine, fine cocktails, service and a fair and reasonable price. Always get your money's worth at Le Rivage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningmjcjcatVIPDined on 10/6/2014We enjoy Le Rivage. We have been there before. The food is excellent and it is easy access to all Broadway showsSpecial Features:
- Magnifique!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014We were not disappointed. Everything from appetizers to desserts were delicious and affordable thanks to the pre fixed menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice pre-fixJeanwashereDined on 10/4/2014First time visiting this restaurant. Tables are very close together but food was very good and worth the priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will definitely be backallie67Dined on 10/4/2014Loved the food & prices. Good service. Cute restaurant. Floor did seem a little uneven, as were a few tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theater standbyCacsVIPDined on 10/3/2014The service is efficient, the cuisine French, and the prix-fixe price a good deal.
- Still excellentMichael11050Dined on 10/2/2014As always, warm, cozy, and consistently excellent food. Equally appropriate for a business dinner, special occasion, or romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- would not recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/2/2014We went to this restaurant based on some positive reviews before a show, what a disappointment! the hostess rolled her eyes because we did not want to sit at a small table between 2 other noisy tables, she finally gave us a decent table with some attitude. then we found that the silver wares on the table are still wet ( UNGH), I asked the waitress which seafood dish is the freshest, she rolled her eyes and told me " all our seafood are fresh", I ordered the sole which was terrible and my husband ordered the steak medium which was undercooked and chewy with fat! with o many wonderful restaurants in the theater district. please do yourself a favor to go somewhere else!
- Our go to place before a showPbgirl59Dined on 10/2/2014I've been here several times and it does not disappoint. We always get done in plenty of time to get to a show because it is in a good location for Broadway. Only drawback is that the only menu was the pre fixe. Don't know if that was normal or because of the timing of when we were there. Plenty to eat even though it is French restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.