340 West 46th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lerivagenyc.com/
- Phone: 2127657374
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday - Monday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Paul Denamiel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate 20 to 110 guests in a private dining capacity.
- Private Party Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 2127657374
- Cross Street: Between 8th and 9th Avenues
- Public Transit: C & E trains to 50th Street; N, R & W trains to 49th Street; 1 train to 50th Street; and all trains to Times Square/42nd Street.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There is a public lot located across the street from the restaurant.
A word from Le Rivage
Le Rivage offers you a cozy, romantic French country atmosphere where traditional French cuisine is expertly prepared for your pleasure. Fresh flowers embellish each table. Prices are delightfully affordable with incredibly rewarding selections; a true bargain in the heart of the theatre district.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Le Rivage reviews from OpenTable diners
228 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (120)romantic (83)special occasion (70)fit for foodies (69)great for lunch (63)good for groups (42)notable wine list (19)late-night find (19)great for brunch (11)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Very TastyannierDined on 10/19/2014The food is classic French and very good (although they do like their mustard in sauces). The decor is old fashioned French, but warm and inviting. The service is very good. The staff is friendly and efficient. It can get a bit noisy, but that's restaurant row. We would go back.Special Features:
- excellent French cuisinemelitatdVIPDined on 10/18/2014I was floored with the quality of the food here. The service was also very good. The place itself is a bit run down.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014The food and service were excellent. I have been coming to Le Rivage for over thirty years and it is my favorite restaurant in the theatre district.Special Features:
- Best Bargain in NY.JordyVIPDined on 10/17/2014If you can go after 8PM and enjoy their Prix Fixe for only $25 PP plus drinks,tax and tip.It's good to.Whether you go Pre Theatre or later everything you order here is good.Special Features:
- A Nice SurpriseWillbebackDined on 10/17/2014It was our first visit to Le Rivage. Although I felt the staff was rushing us I was still pleased with the good food and ambiance of the restaurant. We had the pre fixe menu and since we arrived at 6:00 P.M., 90 minutes was plenty of time to enjoy a very nice dinner and arrive at the theater 15 minutes before curtain time. I liked the fact that the wait staff was French speaking. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old world charmJuneDined on 10/16/2014Great Theater District find with solid old time French cooking. The menu has excellent choices at very reasonable for NYC prices. The place is friendly and totally unpretentious - it's kind of a throw back to the 60's or 70's. That only added to the charm. We were late for our reservation and had 7:00 PM theater tickets. Our waitress took charge, was totally agreeable and said not to worry. Everything tasted great from appetizers to dessert and we made it to the show feeling full, happy and relaxed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Country French RestaurantLuv2dineDined on 10/16/2014I have never been disappointed when dining at LeRivage. The food and service are consistently excellent. I always return when I am in the city. You will enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skigolf13skigolfDined on 10/16/2014Fantastic French restaurant in the theatre district. The food was excellent. We had the pre-theatre dinner that consisted of appetizer, entree, coffee and desert. The waitress was attentive to our needs and did not rush us at all. Would definitely go there again!Special Features:
- A favorite..BarbaraDined on 10/15/2014Le Rivage is one of our favorite restaurants. Very stylish, classy French ambiance and excellent food. Le Rivage is a stand out in a city restaurants. We've been several times over many years and they never disappoint!Special Features:
- Wonderful valueAud1VIPDined on 10/15/2014For the money,our lunch was terrific! Even though it was prix fixe, the menu (choices) was extensive. Food was good, as was the service. The one negative is the closeness of the tables...packed in "like a can of sardines".Special Features:
- paulhDined on 10/14/2014The $25 prix-fixe menu was big and varied, and the food was very good. A pleasant surprise for a first=time.Special Features:
- Felt like I was in FranceLouiseDined on 10/14/2014Charming ambiance and staff. Hearty french bistro style food. I would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GlenwoodDined on 10/12/2014Delightful pre-theater dinner. Well prepared standard French menu in an atmosphere that made conversation possible and pleasant.
- Good valueOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2014Post 7:30 theatre crowd there is a $25 Prix fix dinner with 3 courses and ample choices. We had a table for 6 that was ready when we arrived. The wait staff was excellent, as was the food. This is our second time there and will go again,Special Features:
- Great taste, great experienceTastybitsDined on 10/11/2014Everything was nice from the moment we arrived at the restaurant. The owners were delightful and the inside of the place felt like home. I will recommend it to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedBigLouDined on 10/8/2014Food average. Service no personality. Assembly line atmosphere.
- shooozDined on 10/8/2014I have been coming here for about 30 years and food and service has remained greta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely French atmospherenjoyfoodDined on 10/7/2014Enjoyed our meal in this lovely setting. Quick service (geared to theater goers), attractive menu, food well prepared, and Prix Fixe very competitive .Special Features:
- A true under the radar gem!!nyterpfanDined on 10/6/2014What an incredibly charming place Le Rivage is. It feels like you're visiting a quaint Parisian cafe!! The after 7:30PM prix fixe 3 course special for $25.00 has got to be the best deal in all of New York. I had pork-pate as an appetizer, coq au vin for the main dinner course with chocolate mousse as dessert along with coffee, a glass of merlot and a Tanqueray martini for $50.00 total!! That is unreal!! And the food is superb!!Special Features:
- True NYC restaurantDinerdonDined on 10/6/2014Great place on restaurant row! Intimate, cozy, warm yet the real flavor of NYC. Excellent French cuisine, fine cocktails, service and a fair and reasonable price. Always get your money's worth at Le Rivage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningmjcjcatVIPDined on 10/6/2014We enjoy Le Rivage. We have been there before. The food is excellent and it is easy access to all Broadway showsSpecial Features:
- Magnifique!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014We were not disappointed. Everything from appetizers to desserts were delicious and affordable thanks to the pre fixed menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice pre-fixJeanwashereDined on 10/4/2014First time visiting this restaurant. Tables are very close together but food was very good and worth the priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will definitely be backallie67Dined on 10/4/2014Loved the food & prices. Good service. Cute restaurant. Floor did seem a little uneven, as were a few tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theater standbyCacsVIPDined on 10/3/2014The service is efficient, the cuisine French, and the prix-fixe price a good deal.
- Still excellentMichael11050Dined on 10/2/2014As always, warm, cozy, and consistently excellent food. Equally appropriate for a business dinner, special occasion, or romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- would not recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/2/2014We went to this restaurant based on some positive reviews before a show, what a disappointment! the hostess rolled her eyes because we did not want to sit at a small table between 2 other noisy tables, she finally gave us a decent table with some attitude. then we found that the silver wares on the table are still wet ( UNGH), I asked the waitress which seafood dish is the freshest, she rolled her eyes and told me " all our seafood are fresh", I ordered the sole which was terrible and my husband ordered the steak medium which was undercooked and chewy with fat! with o many wonderful restaurants in the theater district. please do yourself a favor to go somewhere else!
- Our go to place before a showPbgirl59Dined on 10/2/2014I've been here several times and it does not disappoint. We always get done in plenty of time to get to a show because it is in a good location for Broadway. Only drawback is that the only menu was the pre fixe. Don't know if that was normal or because of the timing of when we were there. Plenty to eat even though it is French restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Un lugar románticoAltiaraDined on 10/1/2014Buen ambiente, romántico y tranquilo. La comida no está mal, pedimos lobster bisque y onion soup, ambas buenas. El salmón estaba bueno, pero el cordón bleau no me acabó de gustar. El postre para mi gusto fue lo peor... La tarta de manzana la sirven fría y la creme brulée no esta dulce. En cualquier caso repetiría porque el servicio fue rápido y atento, previo aceptable. El vino caro para lo que es, pero en ny todo el vino es carísimo. Espero volver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- local Sr. dinerlocalSrdinerDined on 10/1/2014This is my favorite restaurant in NYC and I go there for lunch or dinner whenever I come in to the theatre and my friends will agree. The food is truly French. After the theatre goers leave the French diners arrive. Where else can you get frogs legs and they are absolutely delicious. If you aren't into frogs legs, the duck is also delicious. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceBam1212Dined on 10/1/2014Thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Chef was visible and friendly, not to mention providing a great menu at a reasonable price. Overall assessment - don't miss this one or you will miss out on fine cuisine and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AveragetryitDined on 10/1/2014Our server was uninterested in us and made no attempt to engage. We were asked what we wanted to drink before being given a wine list. This was followed by a hurried request for our dinner selection. The food was average. The monk fish entree was dry and boring. The beef was tough. We were there for the pre fixe and the price was good. Guess you get what you pay for...
- skip this placelarryDined on 10/1/2014Do not go here on Wednesday's for lunch prior to the theater. The food is cold, overcooked, and too expensive. Waitresses are hostile and over worked. The restaurant is too crowded , even to get up and wash your hands and go to the rest room. The restaurant is noisy. The waitresses don't wash their hands prior to handling silverware, actually touching the functional part of the spoons and forks which go into your mouth. This is a restaurant that can potentially spread disease. The waitress not only touches the silverware without washing, but she then handles filthy credit cards, and then starts to set the table again. WOW!!
- Adequaute for Price FixedCtFolksDined on 9/27/2014Menu large for price fixed meal..Many items hav added cost. Escargot (+$5) and onion soup (+$3) both good, not outstanding. added beet salad (+$10), best experience of the meal. Lamb chops (+$5, very good), trout almandine (average). Portion sizes are reasonable. Black cherry sunday and apple tart(+ espresso ice cream +$3.5) tasty, but tart better if warmed. At $39 price fixed this is a good, before theater meal. With extras plus 2 glasses of wine and a champagne cocktail were, the bill was $149 with tax. Wait staff attentive and quick without making us feel rushed. Obviously know how to service before theater crowd. The overall experience was okay and reasonable, but I wouldn't call it a gourmet experience, but I didn't expect one either.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient but food undistinguishedbellabeeDined on 9/27/2014Cozy atmospheric place, convenient for the theater. Food quality was adequate but pedestrian, especially the main courses. The service was efficient but abrupt and rather grudging.
- Comfortable French foodChevyCamaroDined on 9/27/2014We were looking for comfortable French food, and found it here. Their prix fixe menu for our pre-theater seating was a great deal at $39...appetizer or salad, main and dessert. The entire (extensive) menu is available for the prix fixe...something I hadn't seen before. I had the Prosciutto on Melon and my husband the Coquille "Maison" as starters...both excellent. For the main I had the bourguignon, while my husband had the chicken Cordon Bleu. Again...both very good. For dessert, I couldn't pass up the excellent crème brulee, while my husband enjoyed the black cherry sundae. The service was efficient and pleasant, and the dining room was cozy but not crowded. We'd go back!
- pre-theater frenchfood4thoughtDined on 9/26/2014Had a very nice very reasonably priced and paced authentic French bistro dinner at Le Rivage before attending a musical on Broadaway. The restaurant is actually a reincarnation of one of my favorite restaurants in nyc during the 70's , Cafe du Soir, for which i have very fond memories. Le Rivage lives up to its history and provides authentic tasty french food in a relaxed atmosphere with good prices before attending the theater. Would highly recommend it.Special Features:
- MarcDined on 9/26/2014Nice ambiance. Food was mediocre. Duck obviously had been setting in warmer for a long time. Trout dry and bland. Service pushy to get table turned. Visibly unhappy when we did not order immediately and when we asked for coffee without ordering dessert at same time. Would never go back.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Frogs legs, have had way better. filet raw when we asked for med. well.
- Probably will not returnOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2014Food was very disappointing. Both French onion and lobster bisque soups were not good. Our entrees of liver and onions and monk fish were ok. Dessert of poached pear was not the best that I ever had. Pear was hard and overall tasteless. Sorbet was frozen solid. Service was great.