Le Rendez-vous Bistro & Restaurant Francais
3844 E. Fort Lowell
Tucson, AZ 85716Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Le Rendez-vous Bistro & Restaurant Francais
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.rendezvoustucson.com/
- Phone: 5203237373
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Chef Gordon Berger
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: From our lunch or dinner menu we offer catering. It is best to make an appointment with our Manager or Chef de Cuisine to plan for your catering event.
- Private Party Facilities: For small private parties, we have a private dining room, in the main restaurant, for up to 80 people.
- Private Party Contact: Gordon Berger 5203237373
- Special Events: Bastille Day July 14th Vive la France!
A word from Le Rendez-vous Bistro & Restaurant Francais
This is the perfect place for an impressive business engagement or a romantic interlude. A distinguished wine Cellar and exquisite desserts promise a memorable dining experience. Now offering a bistro fare lunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Le Rendez-vous Bistro & Restaurant Francais - Best Restaurants in Tucson ›
Le Rendez-vous Bistro & Restaurant Francais reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (71)romantic (57)fit for foodies (47)notable wine list (32)neighborhood gem (30)great for lunch (20)good for groups (10)great for brunch (8)late-night find (7)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Great meal!JATucsonDined on 9/26/2014I have eaten at Le RendezVous twice and both times it was outstanding. I especially appreciate the creative salads and appetitizers. It was good not to be rushed through the meal. Reservations are a good idea. The noise s a bit much for me in the bistro section, but I think you need to sit there for happy hour. We will be back.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014This is our favorite restaurant in Tucson for special occasions. This time was our daughter's 25th birthday and we were all delighted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for special occasionsLizandRickDined on 9/25/2014We love Le Rendez-vous for celebrating special occasions. The food is wonderful and the atmosphere is lovely. If we ate out more often we would eat here often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/25/2014Great service , friendly staff, and FANTASTIC food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2014we had eaten most of the day, so ,we weren't very hungry. We opted for the small plate menu so we sampled most everything on the menu. Everything was great and we will go again with a better appetite.Special Features:
- Always SuperbPaulDined on 9/16/2014An iconic restaurant in Tucson with preparations that bring you to France. Most highly recommend for a most memorable experience!Special Features:
- A gem in TucsonTeacherDined on 9/13/2014Le Rendez-vous Bistro & Restaurant Francais remains one of the best restaurants in Tucson. From its small plate menu to its magnificent wine list it never fails to please. Our visit last Saturday evening featured my favorite, escargots, then the vichyssoise, and beef Wellington. All were prepared to perfection. My partner had brie en croute which was described as sublime, and mignons de veau au Calvados, which was expertly prepared and delicious. Service is attentive but non-intrusive. If you want a conversation with your server, he or she will oblige, but otherwise they seem to always anticipate your needs and deliver silently and expertly. If you love good food, this place must be on your list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sets the bar for french foodfrancopileDined on 9/12/2014i have only had better in Franch. This food is the best of it's kind. great wait staff, small very well thou;gut out affordable wine list, food like work of art. you want to take some home but cannot, it is just so fresh and thoughtfully prepared.Special Features:
- Fantastic EveningljwmdphdVIPDined on 9/6/2014We have been coming to Le Rendez-vous for 9 years and enjoy the food, service and atmosphere. Dinner on Saturday was exceptional. The service was attentive and professional. The food was excellent from wonderful Escargot and Saint-Jacques to perfectly prepared Canard Montmorency and Filet au Poivre Vert. Their Souffles are generally very good, but were excellent this evening. The presentation of the dishes was well done. Overall we're happy to see that even after 9 years we can still be surprised with even better dinners.Special Features:
- Always a PleasureSaddleBrookeFoodieDined on 9/5/2014We are never disappointed when we choose to dine at Le Rendezvous. Although they were having some difficulties with their background music it did not detract from the excellent service and wonderful food. We treated ourselves to Crepe Suzette for dessert, and it was prepared table-side. Well done Le Rendezvous!!Special Features:
- Lovely for lunchHappyBuddhaDined on 9/4/2014Had a great lunch. Food delicious as always. Good pace to the service; and, it was not a packed house so very comfortable as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Un soir parfaitWinternomadsDined on 8/29/2014I live in Tucson, but this was my first visit to Le Rendez-vous. I took an out-of-town guest who loves French restaurants. It was a bit of a puzzle to find a place to park, and to find the entrance to the restaurant, but once inside we were greeted immediately and shown to a very nice table. Service was attentive without being intrusive from beginning to end. The food was superb, from the mushroom and brie turnover, through the salad and vichyssoise, to the roast duck and salmon entrees. The dining room is just about the right size, large enough for comfortable space between tables but not cavernous, quiet, and very pleasantly appointed. All in all, a perfect evening, as my guest agreed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favoriteLainiebcDined on 8/27/2014This little bit of France in Tucson never fails! It has been our go to special treat for any occasion. With the bistro menu it has also become a favorite drop in for a lite bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Except for ServicecactusDined on 8/26/2014My movie group met here for wine and small plates, and we all enjoyed it very much. The food was quite good although one or two healthier choices for Happy Hour would be appreciated. (Yes, I know it's a French restaurant, but still....) Our only issue was that it took ages for the server to come for our order, and she never checked back to see if we needed anything. Only three tables in the bistro were full at the time, so....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ideal for a Special OcassionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2014I took to girl out to Le Rendez-vous to celebrate her birthday, it was very special and she was very satisfied with the food and the service and after the great food the dessert was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2014We took our neighbor for a (90th) Birthday celebration and we ll greatly enjoyed it. Special food and special treatment from the staff.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedINFoodiesDined on 8/12/2014We truly enjoyed dining at the Rendezvous. Appreciated the menus, both the "Small Plate Menu" and the specialties. Thrilled to find sweetbreads among the Hors d'Oeuvres. Overall the selections were top notch and not overwhelming. Pricing was correct. Kudos! This was our first visit, and we definitely will be back. We will bring friends the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for the First Time HereCaliGirlNew2TucsonDined on 8/7/2014The food was amazing! The presentation and taste was right on point. The bartender (Emily) was outstanding. She knew her drinks. She even made up a drink just for my husband. The only down side to the experience was that it honestly took a long time for us to get our food wether it was the appetizer or our main dishes. The waitress would say your foods almost ready or about fifteen minutes. Half an hour later still no food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best French Cuisine in TucsonSneakypedroDined on 7/23/2014Been dining at Le Rendez Vous for years and although there were some concerns about the passing of the torch to a younger generation, the transition has gone smoothly. Old favorites are on the menu (I am especially fond of sweetbreads and love their treatment) as well as new things to try out. Be sure to reserve the duck when you make your reservation!Special Features:
- ONE OF MY FAVORITE RESTAURANTSoldtimerDined on 7/18/2014I've lived in Tucson many years and spent many hours dining at various restaurants both for business and pleasure. Le Rendez-vous has always been at the top of my list. Jean Claude's son has done an outstanding job of continuing the fine dining experience established years ago by his father.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LaneyDined on 7/17/2014We had a group of eight for an annual event. Every one of us enjoyed the ambiance, the food and the service. Definitely would recommend and definitely will return. The crab souffle was to die for!Special Features:
- Demise of a FavoriteSanDiegoBobDined on 7/14/2014This use to be my most favorite of places to celebrate and bring my sweetie for her birthday celebration, usually on Bastille Day. But on this last Bastille Day, I was so very disappointed in the quality and atmosphere of this lovely place. It seems that with the renovation of the old section of the dining area, they removed the kind, caring and deliciousness that was the Le Rendez-vous. The Vichyssoise was stringy and lacking the comfortable smoothness of the past. The wait-staff was attentive and on-the-spot but the friendliness of the past was gone. Given that this was a Monday when they aren't normally open, the menu just seemed to be lacking that certain something that made this 'Le Rendez-vous'.
- dinner 20 and 22 JulOscaritoDined on 7/13/201420 Jul pepper steak--delicious but for veg du jour 2 Brussels sprouts -- looked a bit empty--Manhattan was tops - service good had to wait for the bread-music didn't go with a French restaurant 22 Jul--business was good--ordered the cabrillo and it was perfect--sent the Manhattan back--wrong glass and had ice-waiter asked us to order as soon as possible since there were many in the other room--that was ok--I have been going there for years--It has gotten a bit less classy and a bit more friendly--the wine we ordered suited my taste and the music we heard was soft and had French lyricsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner ServiceIronMikeDined on 7/12/2014Although we've been dining at Le Rendez-vous for years, it continues to be unparalleled in food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Romantic PlaceDateNightMomDined on 7/12/2014The food was excellent, the ambience was tres romantique!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dinnerLeletteDined on 6/29/2014We had an amazing dinner. The service was incredible. My mother really enjoyed speaking French to Tibault. The food was exquisite as well. We had a lovely time and would love to go back.Special Features:
- dinerVIPDined on 6/28/2014Typically we enjoy dining at Rendezvous. This visit was quite different. The service was slow, errors were made when our order was delivered, and we were not served at the same time. My dining partner was served his entree quite some time before mine was served. All in all, it was not a good experience. However, since we have had good luck in previous visits we are willing to consider this "off" night an aberration and will eat there again in the future in the hopes that this poor experience will not be repeated. However, it this type of service persists, we will reconsider having Rendezvous as one of our top five restaurants in Tucson.I would recommend this to a friend.
- French in TucsonSteak34Dined on 6/27/2014By far the best French restaurant in Tucson and maybe Phoenix. Sublime vichyssoise and wonderful veal in calvados sauce. Service good but a little slow.Special Features:
- good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014My previous visit was much better and I felt like I had a superb dining experience. I am writing to give constructive feedback and not just to criticize. First, we were seated in the front area, assuming that we were there to take advantage of happy hour specials. Upon my request, we were repositioned in the front room even though a previous party were first given a choice. The food was very tasty but only luke warm and all of the other plates were cleared before the last diner had finished. Finally, the service wasn't great and I found them inattentive even when the restaurant was less than full. There were several apologies but it ruined my expectations as a first class dining organization.Special Features:
- Great first date...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Went there on a first date and the food was an amazing contribution to an already wonderful experience. Sharing small plates (5 of them) and dessert made for good companionship, conversation, and tantalizing tastes.Special Features:
- JoeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014This is a great little place with awesome food . We were on time for our reservation however we had to wait an extra 30 mins to be seated. The service was a 5 out of ten as we were seated a group of eight arrived . It felt to me and my guest that the staff were keyed in on these guests and we were taking up space . It felt like we were an after thought on the floor . Staff should spread the love you never know who you will be serving .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FadingJoshieDined on 6/21/2014One of my favorites in Tucson. However since change in ownership the food quality has slipped. My veal medallions were tough and the spinach salad was just ok. No lamb on the menu and no more Caesar salad. Little things mean a lot.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2014The food was very good and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in TucsonBest4bestDined on 6/18/2014Just got back from Paris. Felt like we never left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day DinnerBlkSwan56Dined on 6/14/2014The restaurant was easy to locate. The staff was very attentive, although a bit presumptive to place the appropriate fork on the salad plate. Delicious wine selections, both white and red. Nice to have the small plates to try foods for the first time. Absolutely heavenly desserts. I would definitely dine here again. My father-in-law LOVED it. It was his first opportunity to have truly French cuisine in many years.Special Features:
- Excellent as usualSaddleBrookeFoodieDined on 6/12/2014We love this place and consider it a hidden gem in Tucson. It is a small local french restaurant and the chef does his best to bring excellent ingredients to patrons in a unique fashion.Special Features:
- Love at First Bite!LoloDined on 6/7/2014We've been dining at this restaurant for twenty plus years. The food is always outstanding. True to French Cuisine, their sauces always make me want to come back for more. This is a great place for special occasions! Bon Appetit to future patrons!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Speciallove2dineDined on 6/6/2014Great for special occasions. Service and food were excellent but at a price level we can only do for special occasions. (And worth it.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 469 reviews are from the Le Rendez-vous Bistro & Restaurant Francais reviews archive.
- Our new special occasion place.Cdr777Dined on 5/29/2014Our first experience at Le Rendez-boys. We had a reservation and were seated immediately on arrival. Staff was just the right amount of interaction. Very eager to please but we're hands off enough to not be imposing. Food was excellent! No better way to put it. We will continue to return until they give us a reason not to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 Ambience KillersAnniversarySpot4TwoDined on 5/24/2014Change location, get central A/C and play French music (in French language) not back hills Kentucky music. First time experiencing the curtains open and loved the natural sunlight, but the view and many passers-by just inches from the window weren't appealing at all, which detracted from the "Frenchness". Too warm inside so needed AC. Wait staff all VERY friendly and attentive. We both ordered duck as usual and both thought it was not as good as usual, not as flavorful and was a bit too dry. Paté was as good as ever but batter on frog legs reminded me of same batter as on Burger King's onion rings. Mixed feelings for this visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.