Le Rendez-vous Bistro & Restaurant Francais
3844 E. Fort Lowell
Tucson, AZ 85716Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Le Rendez-vous Bistro & Restaurant Francais
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.rendezvoustucson.com/
- Phone: (520) 323-7373
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Chef Gordon Berger
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: From our lunch or dinner menu we offer catering. It is best to make an appointment with our Manager or Chef de Cuisine to plan for your catering event.
- Private Party Facilities: For small private parties, we have a private dining room, in the main restaurant, for up to 80 people.
- Private Party Contact: Gordon Berger 5203237373
- Special Events: Bastille Day July 14th Vive la France!
A word from Le Rendez-vous Bistro & Restaurant Francais
This is the perfect place for an impressive business engagement or a romantic interlude. A distinguished wine Cellar and exquisite desserts promise a memorable dining experience. Now offering a bistro fare lunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Le Rendez-vous Bistro & Restaurant Francais - Best Restaurants in Tucson ›
Le Rendez-vous Bistro & Restaurant Francais reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (63)fit for foodies (51)romantic (50)neighborhood gem (33)notable wine list (28)great for lunch (19)good for groups (12)late-night find (9)hot spot (8)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Birthday CelebrationvcbdinerVIPDined on 11/15/2014Celebrated my birthday here last Friday and really enjoyed the meal and service. Was especially impressed with the busboy. When I mentioned that the bread we were given was stale, he apologized and immediately brought fresh bread hot from the oven and again apologized. The Chateaubriand was excellent as well as the wine the waiter recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic French country cuisineForeverFoodieVIPDined on 11/13/2014Le Rendez-vous is a quaint, rustic French restaurant that, upon entering and sitting down, gives you the impression of preparing for a meal in the French countryside. From the paintings on the walls to the dinnerware, the French country accent is evident. For my meal, I had the escargot for an appetizer, the canard for the main meal, and the chocolate cake for dessert. All items were superb. The escargot was served hot and aromatic. The duck was roasted perfectly with a crispy skin and tender meat. The chocolate cake was, well, chocolate cake -- moist with a very creamy ganache that accented the cake perfectly. My server was attentive, friendly, and helpful. Overall, I truly enjoyed dining here and would recommend this to anyone who enjoys French cuisine. When I return to Tucson, I'll certainly return here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As Usual !OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/11/2014As usual, met at the door with a warm welcome, great service, outstanding food . . .as usual ! The staff always makes us feel like they have been waiting all evening just for us and always prepare 'our' meal with special attention. Even your patrons make us feel at home ! ?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome BirthdaysuperPlaceDined on 11/8/2014I took my sister here for her birthday and everything was awesome! The waiter suggested wine for us and it was perfect. The food was delicious and the service was so outstanding that I don't have enough superlatives to describe it. It. Was a wonderful celebrationSpecial Features:
- Excellent!RetiredDined on 11/8/2014This is a great place to go, the food and service is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much improvedVandraVIPDined on 11/7/2014The owner's son has taken over the front-of-the-house operations, and it shows. Service is much more friendly and competent. The addition of small plates is a nice feature, although some are not worth the money. For example, paying $5.50 for three escargots is ridiculous, especially when it costs $8 for six normally (and $4 at happy hour). The snails are dumped in a tiny cup and you have to fish them out. Other small plates, however, are divine. The beef wellington was so tender that a knife wasn't needed. The pate was country style, meaning it wasn't smooth but it was still good. It didn't come with crostinis or bread, though. Finally, the roasted beet and goat cheese salad was tasty and a nice-sized portion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service.VSSWDined on 11/7/2014Frog legs, scallops, veal: all great. Thanks, Frank, for the exceptional service.Special Features:
- Everything is superb here!JudyDined on 11/2/2014Special occasion fine dining is made even more special with excellent food and attentive staff. We celebrated our one year anniversary here and enjoyed every bite and every second. The Brie en Croute we started with was heavenly. A perfect way to start our meal. And both fish dishes (sea bass and the special Arctic char) were excellent. We did not get the Grand Marnier Soufflé this time (a must try) but opted for the Creme Brûlée. Wow. I don't think there are any bad choices here. We're now thinking about when our next visit will be.Special Features:
- Wonderful!good4youDined on 11/2/2014We always love going to Le Rendez-vous. The atmosphere and service is wonderful, but the food is the best part.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as i expectedmdmcDined on 10/29/2014Créme brûlée is not worthy at all and beef Wellington was over cooked and insipid. The restaurant is sooo outdated!! Our waiter was very kind but definitely I won't come back again.
- Outstanding French Cuisineluv2wineDined on 10/26/2014I chose this restaurant to celebrate my 60th birthday and was more than pleased with the outcome. All five of our party thoroughly enjoyed the food. Not a single dish fell short. Many restaurants skimp on the bread, but this chewy french bread was hard to stop eating. One of the biggest surprises was the good value of the wines. We had a marvelous 2005 Cappezano wine for $45 and a beautiful Cab for even less. Our wait staff was attentive but not intrusive. Although, the wait staff was not knowledgeable on wine pairings, the kitchen was consulted and they provided a very nice match. The main dining room is a high ceiling covered with canvas which acoustically made it easy to converse. A most memorable meal!Special Features:
- Wonderful DinnerljwmdphdVIPDined on 10/24/2014We were a fgroup of five and all enjoyed the exceptional service, the great food and wonderful ambiance. We always can rely on the consistency at Le Rendez-vous!Special Features:
- J'adore Le Rendezvous!FoodieFoShoVIPDined on 10/19/2014The food was delicious, and we were never disappointed with the service. Our waiter ( Diego ) was courteous and the food arrived in a timely manner. I was brave and went with the escargot for starters. Buttery and amazing. Also tried the onion soup and bacon salad. Yet another hit. Moving onto entrees, I chose the Beef Wellington. It was cooked perfectly and certainly did not disappoint. My date decided to go with peppered steak, the sauce was finished table side, and provided a nice little show for us. 100% Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- le rende-vouzfinnDined on 10/19/2014we ate the evening of 10/19, our 40th anniversary - back in tucson for a week. the menu won out over arizona inn. the food was excellent but diego and chelsea were awesome as server and bar/wine seward. as soon as we return, we'll be back. instead of entrees, we will go for the list of small plates - some looked and sounded great. thanks - great little find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014It was our first time at Le Rendez-vous and it exceeded our expectations.Special Features:
- perkyredheadDined on 10/18/2014The atmosphere takes me back to cozy bistros in Paris, France and the food is consistently good.Special Features:
- Lovely EveningRockoDined on 10/12/2014Our first time here, and it was a perfect choice for our 30th anniversary. If you like loud trendy restaurants, this is not the place for you. The ambiance is quiet, understated and charming. The food was delicious, with one minor complaint: the beef stew (soup course) was too salty and not hot enough. My wife had a filet mignon and said it was the best she ever had. I had scallops and they were perfectly prepared. Prices were surprisingly reasonable. The wine list was not lengthy but adequate, and reasonably priced. My only criticism is that the service was slow, as there were only 2 servers. Ours worked very hard however and did a terrific job. And we were in no hurry to leave.Special Features:
- TravelgalVIPDined on 10/7/2014Exceptional food and service. A nice, comfy, unpretentious French restaurant - what a find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continental Cuisine in the DesertAvatar1004Dined on 10/4/2014"Le Rendezvous" offers an intimate atmosphere and attentive table service to a dozen tables in the living room and fifteen more on the enclosed patio of a little old house on the north side of Tucson. The delicious full course menu is in French, with English subtitles, and includes all our favorite traditional Continental standards with imaginative seasonal additions. (Jalapeños are NOT offered, although they will probably honor special requests - they're that kind of place.) Plan to conclude your dinner with a Souffle; they prepare yours to order and must begin the same time you select your entrée. Everything they serve is gracefully presented, with table side preparation when appropriate. We really love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and Pleasant!PattieDined on 10/3/2014The Staffs were awesome. They made my visit very pleasant and comfortable. I had 3 or 4 Staff members check up on me throughout my meal, which I really appreaciated. The food was D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S and mouthwatering.Special Features:
- 28th wedding anniversary great timeGaiterDined on 9/27/2014We couldn't have had a better experience for are 28th wedding anniversary.My wife was looking for beef wellington and fine wine and she got it at and more.The dessert was devine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!JATucsonDined on 9/26/2014I have eaten at Le RendezVous twice and both times it was outstanding. I especially appreciate the creative salads and appetitizers. It was good not to be rushed through the meal. Reservations are a good idea. The noise s a bit much for me in the bistro section, but I think you need to sit there for happy hour. We will be back.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014This is our favorite restaurant in Tucson for special occasions. This time was our daughter's 25th birthday and we were all delighted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for special occasionsLizandRickDined on 9/25/2014We love Le Rendez-vous for celebrating special occasions. The food is wonderful and the atmosphere is lovely. If we ate out more often we would eat here often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/25/2014Great service , friendly staff, and FANTASTIC food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2014we had eaten most of the day, so ,we weren't very hungry. We opted for the small plate menu so we sampled most everything on the menu. Everything was great and we will go again with a better appetite.Special Features:
- Always SuperbPaulDined on 9/16/2014An iconic restaurant in Tucson with preparations that bring you to France. Most highly recommend for a most memorable experience!Special Features:
- A gem in TucsonTeacherDined on 9/13/2014Le Rendez-vous Bistro & Restaurant Francais remains one of the best restaurants in Tucson. From its small plate menu to its magnificent wine list it never fails to please. Our visit last Saturday evening featured my favorite, escargots, then the vichyssoise, and beef Wellington. All were prepared to perfection. My partner had brie en croute which was described as sublime, and mignons de veau au Calvados, which was expertly prepared and delicious. Service is attentive but non-intrusive. If you want a conversation with your server, he or she will oblige, but otherwise they seem to always anticipate your needs and deliver silently and expertly. If you love good food, this place must be on your list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sets the bar for french foodfrancopileDined on 9/12/2014i have only had better in Franch. This food is the best of it's kind. great wait staff, small very well thou;gut out affordable wine list, food like work of art. you want to take some home but cannot, it is just so fresh and thoughtfully prepared.Special Features:
- Fantastic EveningljwmdphdVIPDined on 9/6/2014We have been coming to Le Rendez-vous for 9 years and enjoy the food, service and atmosphere. Dinner on Saturday was exceptional. The service was attentive and professional. The food was excellent from wonderful Escargot and Saint-Jacques to perfectly prepared Canard Montmorency and Filet au Poivre Vert. Their Souffles are generally very good, but were excellent this evening. The presentation of the dishes was well done. Overall we're happy to see that even after 9 years we can still be surprised with even better dinners.Special Features:
- Always a PleasureSaddleBrookeFoodieDined on 9/5/2014We are never disappointed when we choose to dine at Le Rendezvous. Although they were having some difficulties with their background music it did not detract from the excellent service and wonderful food. We treated ourselves to Crepe Suzette for dessert, and it was prepared table-side. Well done Le Rendezvous!!Special Features:
- Lovely for lunchHappyBuddhaDined on 9/4/2014Had a great lunch. Food delicious as always. Good pace to the service; and, it was not a packed house so very comfortable as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Un soir parfaitWinternomadsDined on 8/29/2014I live in Tucson, but this was my first visit to Le Rendez-vous. I took an out-of-town guest who loves French restaurants. It was a bit of a puzzle to find a place to park, and to find the entrance to the restaurant, but once inside we were greeted immediately and shown to a very nice table. Service was attentive without being intrusive from beginning to end. The food was superb, from the mushroom and brie turnover, through the salad and vichyssoise, to the roast duck and salmon entrees. The dining room is just about the right size, large enough for comfortable space between tables but not cavernous, quiet, and very pleasantly appointed. All in all, a perfect evening, as my guest agreed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favoriteLainiebcDined on 8/27/2014This little bit of France in Tucson never fails! It has been our go to special treat for any occasion. With the bistro menu it has also become a favorite drop in for a lite bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Except for ServicecactusDined on 8/26/2014My movie group met here for wine and small plates, and we all enjoyed it very much. The food was quite good although one or two healthier choices for Happy Hour would be appreciated. (Yes, I know it's a French restaurant, but still....) Our only issue was that it took ages for the server to come for our order, and she never checked back to see if we needed anything. Only three tables in the bistro were full at the time, so....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ideal for a Special OcassionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2014I took to girl out to Le Rendez-vous to celebrate her birthday, it was very special and she was very satisfied with the food and the service and after the great food the dessert was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2014We took our neighbor for a (90th) Birthday celebration and we ll greatly enjoyed it. Special food and special treatment from the staff.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedINFoodiesDined on 8/12/2014We truly enjoyed dining at the Rendezvous. Appreciated the menus, both the "Small Plate Menu" and the specialties. Thrilled to find sweetbreads among the Hors d'Oeuvres. Overall the selections were top notch and not overwhelming. Pricing was correct. Kudos! This was our first visit, and we definitely will be back. We will bring friends the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for the First Time HereCaliGirlNew2TucsonDined on 8/7/2014The food was amazing! The presentation and taste was right on point. The bartender (Emily) was outstanding. She knew her drinks. She even made up a drink just for my husband. The only down side to the experience was that it honestly took a long time for us to get our food wether it was the appetizer or our main dishes. The waitress would say your foods almost ready or about fifteen minutes. Half an hour later still no food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best French Cuisine in TucsonSneakypedroDined on 7/23/2014Been dining at Le Rendez Vous for years and although there were some concerns about the passing of the torch to a younger generation, the transition has gone smoothly. Old favorites are on the menu (I am especially fond of sweetbreads and love their treatment) as well as new things to try out. Be sure to reserve the duck when you make your reservation!Special Features:
- The following 489 reviews are from the Le Rendez-vous Bistro & Restaurant Francais reviews archive.