266 Miracle Mile
Coral Gables, FL 33134Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.leprovencalrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (305) 448-8984
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4
:30pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 6:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Provencal, French
- Executive Chef: Chef Terrou
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Call for assistance
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate parties up to 130 people. You can have a special menu if desired. An example of a group lunch and dinner menu can be viewed on our web site.
- Private Party Contact: France Guillou 3054488984x
A word from Le Provencal
Le Provencal Restaurant serving top quality French food in Coral Gables since 1975. We are conveniently located in the middle of Miracle Mile. With street parking, valet & City garages available. We will pay your parking, 1hr at lunch & 2hrs at dinner in the city garages. We have a full bar, large patio, vegetable meals, French TV, sports and news. Groups & private parties welcome.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Le Provencal - Best Restaurants in Coral Gables ›
Le Provencal reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (14)fit for foodies (12)special occasion (11)romantic (10)great for outdoor dining (8)great for lunch (7)good for groups (7)notable wine list (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great for lunch!apikramenosVIPDined on 11/20/2014We enjoyed our meal here. I had the carpaccio/beef tartare option and thought it was pretty good. Our waiter was also very friendly and his service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!ElianaVIPDined on 11/14/2014It was a beautiful night with excellent food. The service was spectacular!Special Features:
- Good place to eat, good ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2014Consistent through the years, even thought he restaurant lost its magic and French charm when it moved to the current location, still good. The lunch menu is great, champagne cocktail the best...the service was poor, slow, at all times we had to call for service, whether it was water, take the plates off the table, bread. The waiter was not the nicest person, the owners as always, charming and attentive. I think there was only one waiter on Sunday plus the owners. I'll continue to enjoy the place,but the service should be improved.Special Features:
- Perfect French dining, surroundingsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014We have dined in this restaurant over the years but found our recent experience to be especially good -- excellent food, perfect service, good (and improved) atmosphere.Special Features:
- Absolutely delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/25/2014Fantastic dinner. Excellent service. Soufflé was slightly burnt (odd) so I didn't love that. Otherwise, my husband said the coq au vin was the best he's ever had.Special Features:
- Good restaurant with nice locationMusclezDined on 10/18/2014I strongly recomend this romantic French restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Coral Gables French!FrequentDinerVIPDined on 10/10/2014This Coral Gables bistro, located just a few steps away from The Miracle Theater, is the ideal spot for pre-theater dining. The classic continental menu, with its emphasis on French cuisine, is always a pleasure. During nice weather, the outdoor tables lend a "sidewalk cafe" ambiance, with great people watching as a bonus. However, the roomy but intimate interior of the restaurant is also delightful. My husband and I have been enjoying Le Provencal for many years, and it has become our sentimental favorite not only for pre theater dinners, but also many other special occasions, or just about any time we feel the need to unwind, and treat ourselves to a quiet, relaxing evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than I expectedfrancisco2prVIPDined on 10/5/2014Dinner at this Coral Gables restaurant was very good. The roasted duck with pear sauce was very well done. I'm glad that I selected Le Provencal over another nearby French restaurant that on my most recent visit was very disappointing, and also much more expensive.
- Went for my wife birthdayAntonioVIPDined on 9/13/2014Just want to take my wife somewhere new for her birthday and she was surprise that I found this resturant. They have a nice wine list but I brought mines corkage fee $20. Very friendly staff. When we reach they one of the owners ( husband ) greeted use and explained to use that they are short staff so he is trying to help out he did a good job 👍 . I was impress they were short staff and they all was working so smooth with a full Resturant 👍👍 good service. They made it look easy. Thank you for the night we enjoyed it. 👏👏👏👍👍👍Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usual...BB1938Dined on 8/17/2014This is a great restaurant for any occasion. We go often and always are quite satisfied. This time I took my children and they loved it! My daughter and I shared a sole meuniere. My son had Chilean Bass, he loved it also. Service very good and the ambiance pure French Bistro.Special Features:
- Perfect Pre-TheatersobepsychVIPDined on 8/9/2014Excellent for pre-theater dinner. Next store to Magic Theater.Special Features:
- The following 117 reviews are from the Le Provencal reviews archive.
- Food and wineFoodieDined on 7/26/2014Pleasant find on Miacle Mile. More like French country cooking than gourmet. Very large servings. Sauces were tasty, though my duck was not as crispy as I requested. Wine list was small but good Will return as French restuarants in S Florida are few and far between.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic French cuisine!BlinggalVIPDined on 7/22/2014Great food and ambiance. Escargots are the best!!Special Features:
- KylebudVIPDined on 7/13/2014Terrific food. Ambiance of inside needs real work.Special Features:
- Don't Order Items Marked "M.P."PeterTDined on 6/21/2014Overall, our experience was decent but not outstanding. The food was above average but the service we found mediocre. After sensing that we had gotten good value for the money, the check arrived (with significant delay). For a restaurant whose entrees range from $25 to $35, I was completely shocked to see the Dover Sole I order (whose price was noted on the menu as M.P.), cost $58!! Shame on me for not asking its price before ordering but equal blame to the server for not volunteering its exorbitant cost. I won't be back.Special Features:
- One of my favorite restaurantJulioVIPDined on 6/11/2014The food is impeccable, and the service is outstanding, the owner France is great.Special Features:
- Wonderful!LissAlMoVIPDined on 5/24/2014When we arrived for dinner they had our table reserved with a sign, just waiting for us. The food and service was wonderful. Will absolutely return and recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great authentic French foodMard2eatsDined on 5/11/2014Everything was great except I guess being Mother's Day they did not have enough help and service was unusually slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegetarians bewareLarryVIPDined on 3/28/2014Was disappointed an item previously on the menu was removed. Had difficult time finding something to eat.Special Features:
- Great pre theatre spotAskaVIPDined on 1/30/2014We were going to The Actors Playhouse in Coral Gables & we wanted something close to the theatre to get a bite before the show. We were so pleasantly surprised to find Le Provençal! The restaurant is lovely & the food delicious! Parking is easy to find on the street & it's 4 doors down from the Theatre. First time I've found fish soup with rouille ANYWHERE outside of the south of France & it was delicious! I'd go back JUST for that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service....food fairPateemDined on 1/7/2014Maitre'd was very attentive and pleasant. Prix fixed menu food was fair.....Nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- The food was no very good.theOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/31/2013The food was no very good.the waitres usu to much perfume so the smell is all around the restaurant Mu first and last
- Memorable anniversary dinnerRoxanneDined on 12/29/2013My husband's wine group has dined at Le Provencal several times. Our anniversary dinner was my excuse to finally try the food my husband had raved about. I was not disappointed! I had the rabbit in mustard sauce because you rarely see rabbit on menus anymore. It was delicious as was the main course my husband had - duck breast. I have already recommended it to foodie friends and we will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Gem.....SeasonalSkierDined on 12/20/2013After their relocation, they have not lost their touch for exceptional but never pretentious French cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining on Miracle MileRepeatDinerDined on 12/17/2013Le Provençal provides consistently fine French cuisine at moderate prices. Convenient public parking off Andalusia Ave. can be easily reached by the restaurant's rear entrance. The place is well suited for intimate dining but also has plenty of room for large parties. One of my favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a disasterFrnkVIPDined on 11/27/2013There were only 5 people plus us and it took well over an hour to get very average food. Then the waiter spilled my wife's glass of red wine all over her blouse and all the owner did was pour her a glass of wine and said it's "complementary" No apology from her although the waiter did apologize but no offer to adjust the bill for the dry cleaning cost which isn't cheap to get red wine removed. The whole nightmare was well over 2 hours .Never again.
- Waited Quite a While........FloridaKeysGuyVIPDined on 9/21/2013I dined here for the first time in 2011(a better experience).On this visit,they were extremely busy(a Saturday night).During my visit in 2011,they were not busy.This might explain why the service was so lackadaisical this time.We waited "forever" for our initial beverage order to be taken,and for bread.Then,there was a long delay before our server,France G,appeared to take our order.That was the only time we saw him.Two others(whose names I do not know)covered the remainder of our dine.I will say that the food is wonderful,and that their wine list is extensive(it surprised me that they stock Dubonnet Blonde).The lamb chop and the Dorada(fish) were fresh-tasting and delicious.A long wait for the check.....Other than the service, a nice dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If only they did brunch!!!JaviVIPDined on 9/15/2013Great little spot not busy on Sunday morning actually about 1130-1200 when all other brunch spots packed... If they only did a French brunch it would be GREAT!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Cuisine in a comfy settingAlbritDined on 9/13/2013This is very nice place to share with that special someone. The ambiance is comfy but not too quiet. The food is impeccable! There is an ample wine selection for all tastes and budgets. The portions are adequate as the emphasis is on quality and taste and not on quantity. Small groups can also enjoy this restaurant as it is also appropriate for families. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to others interested in French cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had not been to Le ProvinacalGismondaVIPDined on 9/13/2013Had not been to Le Provinacal since it had moved into Miracle Mile. Nice looking and clean, but teh service was very slow. They had 2 waiters, serving 4 tables and we had to wait 15 minutes to get our bottle of wine. The food is ok, but not as good as it used to be
- Exquisite DiningJujubeeDined on 9/7/2013From the moment my wife and I walked in, we took in the ambience and were pleased. The service was wonderful, the food absolutely delicious and the plating of the food was well done. We were impressed by the extensive wine selection offered. The sommelier was very knowledgeable and recommended the perfect wine for our meal. I highly recommend the escargot, it is delicious. The ambience is very romantic, perfect for your date night. You must visit this restaurant to appreciate its true splendor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ambiance needs improvement.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/31/2013The ambiance needs improvement. The Miami Spice menu was ok.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service! ReflectiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/31/2013Outstanding service! Reflective of typical Southern French warm hospitality.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best of Classic French CookingTomTVIPDined on 8/24/2013Rack of Lamb and Coq au Vin - the best we have eaten in Miami! My wife and I started with Fish Soup and salads - perfect and classic. Excellent service. One of our best, overall restaurant experiences in a recent trip to Miami. Le Provençal will be a regular stop for us. Open Table made it easy to sort through many restaurants, especially with being able to read menus and reviews.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miami SpiceSusieferVIPDined on 8/20/2013We tried Le Provencal for the Miami Spice menu and it was rather bland. The complimentary fois gras was dry and average. The snails needed more garlic, salmon tartar was okay. The salmon entree was overcooked and the polenta wasn't necessary. The desserts -nothing to rave about. The grand marnier souffle was torn and a flap was open exposing the inside - grand marnier in there. For Miami Spice, exposing the countries food is vital. A cheese plate with different french cheese and meats, entrees cog au vin, beef burgundy, creme brulee for dessert. Other than the staff being exceptional with a romantic feel, I think they need to think over the Miami Spice menu for next year.Special Features:
- A true pleasure!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/11/2013It was perfect and welcoming! There was a small party ending inside and a couple sat completely opposite of us outside. The owner, French, made us feel so welcomed. She immediately retrieved a chair for my purse, and brought water to re-hydrate us. After reading through the diverse offering of wines, I found my favorite wine from when I lived in France. Never found at any other restaurant and we travel. We tried the first bottle and unfortunately it had soured but she immediately brought out the 2nd bottle which was sooo tasty!! Anyhow, the FOOD.... I had the escargot and my partner had the crab cake, I believe, it was gone so fast...he even tried and loved mine, double bonus! I had a creamy sauced salmon which melted in my mouth!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingKathyDined on 8/10/2013My husband and I went last weekend for miami spice and we were surprised by the details of the restaurant. The day was beautiful and we decided to dinner outdoors and even though the restaurant is in a busy place, the noise was almost no perceptible. Try the scargots!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience!GablesGuy55Dined on 8/8/2013LP is consistently great and the service is as top notch as the cuisine. Their new location is more spacious and fresh.Special Features:
- 2yr anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2013The place is great...! The food was delicious, we ordered from the miami spice menu. The cheff sent an appetizer as a compliment which set the mood for the whole night, we ordered red wine (malbec) since we were having red meat. We went last decemeber to Paris and had the escargots at champ elysees and when we taste them at Le Provencal this brought us back right away, the tartare was amazing....if you are having the duck, have some red wine as well.... would taste amazing.Special Features:
- Good Food, not very good serviceJoseadanVIPDined on 7/28/2013Reserved a table by a window but the waiter refused to honor the reservation, although there were three available tables by the window. The waiter was efficient, but not personable or friendly. Definitely not the right kind of service for this level of restaurant.