Le Provencal Bistro
436 Mamaroneck Ave.
Mamaroneck, NY 10543Neighborhood:
Contemporary French / AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Le Provencal Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.provencalbistro.com/
- Phone: 9147772324x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm -9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Derrick Dikkers
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We do private events with customized menus to meet your specific requirements.
The entire restaurant can be reserved for parties of 60 and more.
- Private Party Contact: Derrick Dikkers 9147772324x
- Cross Street: Mt Pleasant Ave
- Public Transit: We are diagonally across the street from the Mamaroneck Train Station, Metro North New Haven Line.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Metered Street Parking (till 6 pm).
We also suggest:
Station Plaza at the Mamaroneck Train Station (5min.walk)
Municipal lot on Spencer Place (behind Payless Shoes)
Municipal parking, Prospect Ave (across from the Police Dept.) 5 min. walk
A word from Le Provencal Bistro
Everything “a bistro should be”, this “delightful” Mamaroneck French bistro earns praise for its “approachable” menu of “heartwarming” fare, “excellent wines” and “inviting” atmosphere. “Warm service” and a “wonderful spirit” makes it a “keeper”; P.S. the Mondays, 3-course unlimited Mussels at $22.95,, Tuesdays No Corkage fee & Half price wine by the glass w/entree, Wednesdays, Prime Hanger Steak with a glass of Rosé at $24.95, Thursdays, 2-course Lobster Special at $28.95, and Fridays, Provencal Bouillabaisse at $29.95 are “the big bargains” here.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Le Provencal Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (42)fit for foodies (31)special occasion (31)great for lunch (18)good for groups (13)romantic (13)great for brunch (10)notable wine list (8)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (3)hot spot (3)Show More
- Enduring ClassicAnneVIPDined on 10/21/2014This is wonderful restaurant in all ways. The food is deliciously prepared and presented. The atmosphere is charming and the service is very attentive without being overbearing. La Provencal is deserving of it's reputation and longevity in the business.Special Features:
- Solidly wonderful cuisinehappycoupleDined on 10/11/2014Sweet and warmly appointed without being pretentious - both the atmosphere and our knowledgeable server. Every course was just right - gorgeous beets with goat cheese salad, savory onion tarts, calf's liver that melted on the tongue, and a simply but perfectly presented Bronzino. Arrive early for a quiet dinner for two; the crowd is jovial as the evening grows later.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/10/2014Returned to restaurant after a hiatus. Owner Derrick Dickers and wife Mieke try to maintain a venue to visit for excellent dining. We like that the menu is periodically revitalized with replacements and additions. An outstanding Crab Louie while not listed on the menu is still offered if one inquires. On the menu liver -here sauteed in liver and onions- is the best in Westchester. The food we've had has always been very tasty. We also like that good wines are offered by the glass. Service is always friendly and accommodating. A two-level space with attractive paintings on the walls and a pleasant ambiance, the restaurant's only drawback is noise, which at times can be deafening and overwhelming. Attempt should be made to dampen the sound.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great French BistroeatoutmoreDined on 10/3/2014My wife have eaten here many times over the past five years and we have never had a bad meal. I recommend the mussels and the bouillabaisse. The restaurant also has a reasonably priced children's menu.Special Features:
- My first visit... I will be back.CarolynDined on 10/3/2014So happy I chose this place for a business lunch. Great service, loved the menu and all dishes tasted great. Looking forward to going back.Special Features:
- Rare Food PerfectionclarkcoDined on 9/24/2014All of the "almost perfects" and slow service (2 hours) are insignificant in the face of such memorable food. The onion tart was happiness on a plate. My lobster risotto with colorful additions could win an international prize. Even the side of spinach was perfect. These things do not just happen. This place deserves its pristine reputation as a destination for food.Special Features:
- Nice birthdayThanksDined on 9/23/2014My Mom's 82nd birthday. Her best friend of 73 years was buried last week so we needed to cheer her up. This did the trick. Service and food were terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful LunchGeorgeSDined on 9/23/2014I've had lunch at Le Provencal Bistro many times - with family or a group from work. This is a special restaurant. The servers are attentive but do not get in the way. There are food choices for everyone. I especially enjoy the many ways they prepare mussels. What a delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch was a new experiencedocky2VIPDined on 9/21/2014I have eaten at this restaurant many times, but never for brunch. It was lovely. The choices were interesting. There were breakfast and lunch items, all delicious. The service was, as always here, excellent. Try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great french bistrotanyaddsDined on 9/20/2014Fun Saturday night. Very busy with a nice clientele. Great to not have to travel to NYC for some French flair. The lobster salad was delicious, and I loved my Sea Scallops entree! Everything was tasty and delicious but my husband burned his palate on the escargo so I can only give four stars.;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PGL33VIPDined on 9/19/2014Always a wonderful experience. A bit noisy. Food requests are sometimes in need of correction.Special Features:
- tangoVIPDined on 9/19/2014Both meals were very good. I h ad the Coq au vin, my wife had the Calves liver. Both were delicious, vegetables, haricots and excellent mashes potatoes. Ample portions, pleasant atmosphere, good service. Will return as we always do.Special Features:
- Great Dinner!TeriDined on 9/11/2014We were at the restaurant with good friends everyone enjoyed the evening, We all ordered different dinners and everyone was pleased! Delicious...Special Features:
- Le provencaleDomoDined on 9/11/2014Dependable, consistent excellence. Fois gras as good as Paris. The wild mushroom soup deserves raves. The specials usually are and the regular menu always delivers Save room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2014We brought our friend here for an 87th birthday brunch, and the food and service were wonderful. She is from Belgium and your restaurant reminds her of home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- adlibDined on 9/4/2014We went on lobster night. The two course meal was teriffic. Didn't skimp on the lobster. Service was good without being overbearing.Special Features:
- Very pleasant surpriseDmitheonDined on 8/29/2014Went with my wife for a date night. Will absolutely be returning soon. She started with the crab lump salad, I has a salmon tartar special. Seafood on both was fresh and tasty. het main was the beef bourgenion I had the steak frite provincial. again, outstanding. dessert we shared a creme brulee which was tasty but quite small. definitely not a sharing portion. Noise level was not loud, and the service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodCtf9900Dined on 8/29/2014Overall great experience, food was delicious, portions were a little small, friendly and professional waitstaff, restaurant is a little stuffy and crowd seemed on older side...I would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for lunchMariDined on 8/25/2014We met friends here for lunch on beautiful day. The restaurant was sunny and cheerful - painted yellow walls, and pictures of Provence. We had salads and white wine and enjoyed a relaxing, pleasant afternoon. Food was very good. Decor could be "spiffed" up a bit; service was fine. All and all, it was a good experience, and we would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good mealsrfoodieVIPDined on 8/22/2014A very pleasant local restaurant with good French bistro food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/6/2014Have eaten there many times! The reduced the size of the portions, at least what I had - appetizers: smoked salmon, very little salmon now, but same price!Special Features:
- never disappointed heredocky2VIPDined on 8/2/2014You can depend on this fine restaurant to give you a good meal at lunch or dinner. The food is first rate and there was a lovely pre fix two course menu that was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2014live in new Rochelle,but grew up in Mamaroneck.....often forget about this place,however,when I remember ...always thoroughly enjoy it...Special Features:
- Always a great choicePtortDined on 7/24/2014My wife and I have been choosing La Provencal for date night and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The spot to go for brunchSteveStracDined on 7/6/2014Great place to bring your family or date for Sunday brunch. The brunch and lunch menus share some similar items, so lunch should be very good as well. Next I will try dinner. Go and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 473 reviews are from the Le Provencal Bistro reviews archive.
- LulocDined on 7/5/2014Food was great, service was excellent and I love this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bistro!FewFavsDined on 6/23/2014We've been going to Le Provençal for years. Many of the dishes have Become favorites, especially the Veau Milanaise and profiteroles We recommend it to anyone who likes French food.Special Features:
- Amazing Food!AhneeDined on 6/19/2014Been here many times over the years, always loved it. This time was the BEST ever. Gets a little loud on Saturday nights, but during the week - perfection.Special Features:
- Great kid's menu options.sprigdivaDined on 6/15/2014Tasty dinner with seasonal specials, great seafood and lovely wine-by-the-glass options. Even the kids enjoyed their meals off of the kids menu.Special Features:
- Warm and friendlyPokeVIPDined on 6/15/2014Le Provencal is always a pleasure. The greeting by the owners is warm and friendly and they make you feel very special. We had a Father's Day brunch which was delicious. Two of us had their famous mussels and frites and two had omelets. Our waitress was outstanding, pleasant and on top of everyones needs. Shall return as we always do.Special Features:
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014THIS IS OUR FAMILY SPECIAL OCCASION GO TO...NO MORE. tHE WINE...ABSOLUTELY TASTELESS, THE FOOD...NO SALT...ASKED IF WE WANTED MORE BREAD..SAID YES..NO BREAD CAME...WATER GLASSES STOOD EMPTY...TOO HOT...TOO NOISY...ONCE DESSERT ARRIVED...SERVERS DISAPPEARED. SERVER VERY NICE & PLEASANT...SHE NOT THE PROBLEM...RESTAURANT AND KITCHEN THE PROBLEMSpecial Features:
- Excellent family evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/10/2014We had a lovely family celebration on a quiet weekday evening. The staff was welcoming and professional. And our hostess, Mika, went out of her way to ensure our evening was enjoyable. Our dinners were delicious! Fresh, well prepared and ample. We sampled a wide variety of items my beet and goat cheese salad and steak Au poivre were excellent. And everyone else enjoyed their shrimp, soft shell crab and pasta dishes. We will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A constantly good experiencedocky2VIPDined on 5/30/2014I often come here for lunch or dinner. It is a very pleasant place with good food and service and a nice atmosphere. Try it, you'll like it!Special Features:
- Notable Dining experiencemaven1VIPDined on 5/27/2014We were 5 people and all of us enjoyed what we had. The snails were excellent as was the crab salad, beet salad and endive salad. I had the calves liver--delicious. The lobster risotto was wonderful. Two people wanted soft shell crab--but there was only one order left. Creme brulee was excellent. Nothing to complain about the service. Our waitress was sweet. When listing the specials (lots), the waitress didn't include prices--a faux pas. Nobody should buy anything without knowing what it costs. We asked the prices and they were given to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steady Eddie BistrodougVIPDined on 5/24/2014We are frequent (5 times a year) diners at Provencal. So obviously we like it and have been going many years. The wine list needs a little upgrade, there are just too many good affordable wines out there, I think a little more attention would go a long way. Soft shell crabs are always a treat at Provencal. as are reliable steak frites/au poivre. I was also surprised that no oysters on the half shell were available-possibly the long weekend and they didn't want to be caught holding them- who knows. All in all, we most always tend to love our visits- classic bistro cuisine that is uncomplicated and direct. They have been at this for at least a decade, so for the most part the owners know exactly what they are doing. We are big fans!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/23/2014The biggest problem with this restaurant is the noise level. But otherwise great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingPeterVIPDined on 5/22/2014There are too many "specials" and other choices to prepare all properly. One choice, the hanger steak, lacked flavor and was more chewy than usual. The special of soft shell crab was overdone.
- DelightfulChrisDined on 5/11/2014One of our "go to" restuaruants where we can always count on the food, service and atmospher. Never had a bad meal, rarely disapointed in anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le Provencal Bistro Always DeliversProfessorPinballDined on 5/11/2014This place is my family's go-to place for complete satisfaction, whether brunch, lunch or dinner. I blush to compare it to McDonald's, but it is like that in the sense (and only that sense) that you always know what you'll get - in this case, a superb experience. The food, service and ambiance, along with frequent presence of one or both of the owners, makes it always a treat. And the prices, while far from inexpensive, are not unreasonable considering... If you can't park on Mamaroneck Avenue, find your way to the side streets...Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchJJPGDined on 5/11/2014Lovely experience overall, but very, very slow with rec'g food. We were the first reservation of the day! Waitress was very attentive despite the delays. Childrens menu, if only for mother's day, should have been more kid-friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.