Le Provencal Bistro
436 Mamaroneck Ave.
Mamaroneck, NY 10543Neighborhood:
Contemporary French / AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Le Provencal Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.provencalbistro.com/
- Phone: (914) 777-2324
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm -9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Derrick Dikkers
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We do private events with customized menus to meet your specific requirements.
The entire restaurant can be reserved for parties of 60 and more.
- Private Party Contact: Derrick Dikkers 9147772324x
- Cross Street: Mt Pleasant Ave
- Public Transit: We are diagonally across the street from the Mamaroneck Train Station, Metro North New Haven Line.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Metered Street Parking (till 6 pm).
We also suggest:
Station Plaza at the Mamaroneck Train Station (5min.walk)
Municipal lot on Spencer Place (behind Payless Shoes)
Municipal parking, Prospect Ave (across from the Police Dept.) 5 min. walk
A word from Le Provencal Bistro
Everything “a bistro should be”, this “delightful” Mamaroneck French bistro earns praise for its “approachable” menu of “heartwarming” fare, “excellent wines” and “inviting” atmosphere. “Warm service” and a “wonderful spirit” makes it a “keeper”; P.S. the Mondays, 3-course unlimited Mussels at $22.95,, Tuesdays No Corkage fee & Half price wine by the glass w/entree, Wednesdays, Prime Hanger Steak with a glass of Rosé at $24.95, Thursdays, 2-course Lobster Special at $28.95, and Fridays, Provencal Bouillabaisse at $29.95 are “the big bargains” here.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Le Provencal Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (59)fit for foodies (48)special occasion (38)great for lunch (28)romantic (19)good for groups (18)great for brunch (13)notable wine list (9)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- consistently enjoyablejerryDined on 11/16/2014We have often eaten here over the years and it is just a very nice restaurant with tasty food and a pleasant atmosphere, old-fashioned in a good way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good and reliableDominiqueDined on 11/14/2014We go there quite often and do not miss to visit with friends during Restaurant Week. Always good and reliable, this is probably the nicest restaurant on Mamaroneck Avenue. It manages to keep its class and European cuisine inspiration almost as an island oo tradition and quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good mealLAURA14VIPDined on 11/14/2014We had been to Le Provencal many years ago. Went during Restaurant Week and found the food to be quite good. We would go back another time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/14/2014This is an excellent restaurant. The food is fabulous and the restaurant is beautiful. The service is attentive but not intrusive. I have been there before and was excited about returning. I have recommended it to my friends for its ambiance and food. I will certainly go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good.PaulDined on 11/13/2014We have been going to Provencale for years. We went during Restaurant Week for the first time and it didn't disappoint. They had great selections. I had Fois Gras and Beef Borgunione. My wife had pate and coq au vin. Everything was excellent. They even had wine on sale. We had a cab from Napa that was very good and a deal at $39. Service is always good. Go there for a nice lunch or dinner that you will enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabric8rDined on 11/12/2014LE PROVENCAL IS A PERFECT RESTAURANT FOR A "FRENCH BISRO FIX". THE FOOD PREPARATION IS FIRST RATE, AS AUTHENTIC AS YOU WOULD HOPE FOR. ESCARGOT WAS ONE OF THE BEST I HAVE EVER HAD, FOIS GRAS WAS RICH AND CREAMY, AND THE WINE LIST MORE THAN REASONABLE. TERRIFIC "BANG FOR THE BUCK".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsLisaSDined on 11/10/2014I have been to this restaurant a few times, and it is consistently good.
- foodieDined on 11/9/2014Excellent restaurant - food and service are wonderful.Special Features:
- Lovely restaurant, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/7/2014I needed a microscope to find the beef in the beef bourguignon. If I wasn't on a first date, I would have mentioned something to the waiter. I thought it was delicious, but, if there was more than 1-2 ounces of meat in the dish I'd be shocked! I know it's restaurant week and there was a $29.95 price fix, but, come on! If $10 of that was the soup and dessert, that's $20 for the main course. Surely, another couple of ounces of beef would still have left plenty of room for profit! C'est dommage!!!!
- Outstanding food and varietyRRedDined on 11/7/2014We dined at Le Provancal during Restaurant Week. Although most participating restaurants restrict their choice of entrees and often one struggles to find one that seems attractive, Le Provencal offered so many choices that we had a hard time deciding which to order. We ended up with the John Dory and calves liver, both of which were delicious. We ate early (6:00 on a Friday night); by the time we left, the noise level had begun to rise, though not to an objectionable level.Special Features:
- Noy as good as in the pastartkDined on 11/6/20143 coffees came cold, and my cappuccino took an extra 15 minutesSpecial Features:
- It wasn't bad...just not great.darlingdivineDined on 11/5/2014The host was very nice and we were seated promptly. My husband and I ate here, during the last Restaurant week, and wanted to go back. This experience was just OK this time. Mostly what bothered us was how long it took the wait staff to take our orders. We saw other patrons, that arrived after, order before. There were 3 waiters/waitresses standing next to us. Not one looked over or noticed us waiting. Mind you, we had already given our drink orders and had drinks served. Our menus were sitting stacked on the table, my husband was frustrated and I was about to ask for service. That's never a good start. The food was alright...cooked fine. It was nothing remarkable (last year the food impressed us), so that's why we probably won't return.
- ErnieODined on 11/5/2014The food was excellent and the portions reasonable. A little pricey for lunch but for special times it was good. Service was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/4/2014very pleasant experience for restaurant week. menu had good choicesSpecial Features:
- Le Provencal Bistro is a favorite!MaureenAndFriendsDined on 11/4/2014It is hard to decide what to order at Le Provencal Bistro with an interesting and varied menu, but I always wind up selecting the escargots as an appetizer. I must try the country pate one day! During Restaurant week my group ordered the short ribs, calf's liver, and the John Dory fish. All of us were happy and full when we left! Thanks for a great dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I regret waiting so long to returnRaymondLuxuryYachtDined on 11/2/2014Take advantage of Restaurant Week to enjoy a delicious menu and fine service. If you're a fish lover, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- lrs5Dined on 10/28/2014The veal chop was OK, but it was a bit greasy and didn't have all that much flavor. But the stars of the show were clearly the crab cake (best we ever had - one bite and I was totally blown away) and the scallops (how do you describe perfection?).Special Features:
- A Pleasant AfternoonNYCTomVIPDined on 10/25/2014We have been there three or four times in the past few years and have not been disappointed. I haven't had dinner but the lunch menu is varied. I've had both the calf's liver and hangar steak and this visit both of my companions had poached eggs. All good. The service was a bit slow (had to ask twice for coffee) but pleasant and cheery. The restaurant is on a busy street, yet the exterior tells you that a comfortable bistro awaits. This is a very good restaurant; reasonably priced and serving excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enduring ClassicAnneVIPDined on 10/21/2014This is wonderful restaurant in all ways. The food is deliciously prepared and presented. The atmosphere is charming and the service is very attentive without being overbearing. La Provencal is deserving of it's reputation and longevity in the business.Special Features:
- Solidly wonderful cuisinehappycoupleDined on 10/11/2014Sweet and warmly appointed without being pretentious - both the atmosphere and our knowledgeable server. Every course was just right - gorgeous beets with goat cheese salad, savory onion tarts, calf's liver that melted on the tongue, and a simply but perfectly presented Bronzino. Arrive early for a quiet dinner for two; the crowd is jovial as the evening grows later.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/10/2014Returned to restaurant after a hiatus. Owner Derrick Dickers and wife Mieke try to maintain a venue to visit for excellent dining. We like that the menu is periodically revitalized with replacements and additions. An outstanding Crab Louie while not listed on the menu is still offered if one inquires. On the menu liver -here sauteed in liver and onions- is the best in Westchester. The food we've had has always been very tasty. We also like that good wines are offered by the glass. Service is always friendly and accommodating. A two-level space with attractive paintings on the walls and a pleasant ambiance, the restaurant's only drawback is noise, which at times can be deafening and overwhelming. Attempt should be made to dampen the sound.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great French BistroeatoutmoreDined on 10/3/2014My wife have eaten here many times over the past five years and we have never had a bad meal. I recommend the mussels and the bouillabaisse. The restaurant also has a reasonably priced children's menu.Special Features:
- My first visit... I will be back.CarolynDined on 10/3/2014So happy I chose this place for a business lunch. Great service, loved the menu and all dishes tasted great. Looking forward to going back.Special Features:
- Rare Food PerfectionclarkcoDined on 9/24/2014All of the "almost perfects" and slow service (2 hours) are insignificant in the face of such memorable food. The onion tart was happiness on a plate. My lobster risotto with colorful additions could win an international prize. Even the side of spinach was perfect. These things do not just happen. This place deserves its pristine reputation as a destination for food.Special Features:
- Nice birthdayThanksDined on 9/23/2014My Mom's 82nd birthday. Her best friend of 73 years was buried last week so we needed to cheer her up. This did the trick. Service and food were terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful LunchGeorgeSDined on 9/23/2014I've had lunch at Le Provencal Bistro many times - with family or a group from work. This is a special restaurant. The servers are attentive but do not get in the way. There are food choices for everyone. I especially enjoy the many ways they prepare mussels. What a delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch was a new experiencedocky2VIPDined on 9/21/2014I have eaten at this restaurant many times, but never for brunch. It was lovely. The choices were interesting. There were breakfast and lunch items, all delicious. The service was, as always here, excellent. Try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great french bistrotanyaddsDined on 9/20/2014Fun Saturday night. Very busy with a nice clientele. Great to not have to travel to NYC for some French flair. The lobster salad was delicious, and I loved my Sea Scallops entree! Everything was tasty and delicious but my husband burned his palate on the escargo so I can only give four stars.;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PGL33VIPDined on 9/19/2014Always a wonderful experience. A bit noisy. Food requests are sometimes in need of correction.Special Features:
- tangoVIPDined on 9/19/2014Both meals were very good. I h ad the Coq au vin, my wife had the Calves liver. Both were delicious, vegetables, haricots and excellent mashes potatoes. Ample portions, pleasant atmosphere, good service. Will return as we always do.Special Features:
- Great Dinner!TeriDined on 9/11/2014We were at the restaurant with good friends everyone enjoyed the evening, We all ordered different dinners and everyone was pleased! Delicious...Special Features:
- Le provencaleDomoDined on 9/11/2014Dependable, consistent excellence. Fois gras as good as Paris. The wild mushroom soup deserves raves. The specials usually are and the regular menu always delivers Save room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationBarbaraVIPDined on 9/7/2014We brought our friend here for an 87th birthday brunch, and the food and service were wonderful. She is from Belgium and your restaurant reminds her of home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- adlibDined on 9/4/2014We went on lobster night. The two course meal was teriffic. Didn't skimp on the lobster. Service was good without being overbearing.Special Features:
- Very pleasant surpriseDmitheonDined on 8/29/2014Went with my wife for a date night. Will absolutely be returning soon. She started with the crab lump salad, I has a salmon tartar special. Seafood on both was fresh and tasty. het main was the beef bourgenion I had the steak frite provincial. again, outstanding. dessert we shared a creme brulee which was tasty but quite small. definitely not a sharing portion. Noise level was not loud, and the service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodCtf9900Dined on 8/29/2014Overall great experience, food was delicious, portions were a little small, friendly and professional waitstaff, restaurant is a little stuffy and crowd seemed on older side...I would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for lunchMariDined on 8/25/2014We met friends here for lunch on beautiful day. The restaurant was sunny and cheerful - painted yellow walls, and pictures of Provence. We had salads and white wine and enjoyed a relaxing, pleasant afternoon. Food was very good. Decor could be "spiffed" up a bit; service was fine. All and all, it was a good experience, and we would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good mealsrfoodieVIPDined on 8/22/2014A very pleasant local restaurant with good French bistro food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/6/2014Have eaten there many times! The reduced the size of the portions, at least what I had - appetizers: smoked salmon, very little salmon now, but same price!Special Features:
- never disappointed heredocky2VIPDined on 8/2/2014You can depend on this fine restaurant to give you a good meal at lunch or dinner. The food is first rate and there was a lovely pre fix two course menu that was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.