Le Provencal Bistro
436 Mamaroneck Ave.
Mamaroneck, NY 10543Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Le Provencal Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.provencalbistro.com/
- Phone: 9147772324x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm -9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Derrick Dikkers
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We do private events with customized menus to meet your specific requirements.
The entire restaurant can be reserved for parties of 60 and more.
- Private Party Contact: Derrick Dikkers 9147772324x
- Cross Street: Mt Pleasant Ave
- Public Transit: We are diagonally across the street from the Mamaroneck Train Station, Metro North New Haven Line.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Metered Street Parking (till 6 pm).
We also suggest:
Station Plaza at the Mamaroneck Train Station (5min.walk)
Municipal lot on Spencer Place (behind Payless Shoes)
Municipal parking, Prospect Ave (across from the Police Dept.) 5 min. walk
A word from Le Provencal Bistro
Everything “a bistro should be”, this “delightful” Mamaroneck French bistro earns praise for its “approachable” menu of “heartwarming” fare, “excellent wines” and “inviting” atmosphere. “Warm service” and a “wonderful spirit” makes it a “keeper”; P.S. the Mondays, 3-course unlimited Mussels at $22.95,, Tuesdays No Corkage fee & Half price wine by the glass w/entree, Wednesdays, Prime Hanger Steak with a glass of Rosé at $24.95, and Thursdays, 2-course Lobster Special at $28.95, are “the big bargains” here.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Le Provencal Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (43)special occasion (29)fit for foodies (27)great for lunch (20)great for brunch (12)notable wine list (11)romantic (10)good for groups (9)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Very pleasant surpriseDmitheonDined on 8/29/2014Went with my wife for a date night. Will absolutely be returning soon. She started with the crab lump salad, I has a salmon tartar special. Seafood on both was fresh and tasty. het main was the beef bourgenion I had the steak frite provincial. again, outstanding. dessert we shared a creme brulee which was tasty but quite small. definitely not a sharing portion. Noise level was not loud, and the service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Overall great experience, food was delicious, portions were a little small, friendly and professional waitstaff, restaurant is a little stuffy and crowd seemed on older side...I would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for lunchMariDined on 8/25/2014We met friends here for lunch on beautiful day. The restaurant was sunny and cheerful - painted yellow walls, and pictures of Provence. We had salads and white wine and enjoyed a relaxing, pleasant afternoon. Food was very good. Decor could be "spiffed" up a bit; service was fine. All and all, it was a good experience, and we would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good mealsrfoodieVIPDined on 8/22/2014A very pleasant local restaurant with good French bistro food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/6/2014Have eaten there many times! The reduced the size of the portions, at least what I had - appetizers: smoked salmon, very little salmon now, but same price!Special Features:
- never disappointed heredocky2VIPDined on 8/2/2014You can depend on this fine restaurant to give you a good meal at lunch or dinner. The food is first rate and there was a lovely pre fix two course menu that was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2014live in new Rochelle,but grew up in Mamaroneck.....often forget about this place,however,when I remember ...always thoroughly enjoy it...Special Features:
- Always a great choicePtortDined on 7/24/2014My wife and I have been choosing La Provencal for date night and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The spot to go for brunchSteveStracDined on 7/6/2014Great place to bring your family or date for Sunday brunch. The brunch and lunch menus share some similar items, so lunch should be very good as well. Next I will try dinner. Go and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LulocDined on 7/5/2014Food was great, service was excellent and I love this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bistro!FewFavsDined on 6/23/2014We've been going to Le Provençal for years. Many of the dishes have Become favorites, especially the Veau Milanaise and profiteroles We recommend it to anyone who likes French food.Special Features:
- Amazing Food!AhneeDined on 6/19/2014Been here many times over the years, always loved it. This time was the BEST ever. Gets a little loud on Saturday nights, but during the week - perfection.Special Features:
- Great kid's menu options.sprigdivaDined on 6/15/2014Tasty dinner with seasonal specials, great seafood and lovely wine-by-the-glass options. Even the kids enjoyed their meals off of the kids menu.Special Features:
- Warm and friendlyPokeVIPDined on 6/15/2014Le Provencal is always a pleasure. The greeting by the owners is warm and friendly and they make you feel very special. We had a Father's Day brunch which was delicious. Two of us had their famous mussels and frites and two had omelets. Our waitress was outstanding, pleasant and on top of everyones needs. Shall return as we always do.Special Features:
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014THIS IS OUR FAMILY SPECIAL OCCASION GO TO...NO MORE. tHE WINE...ABSOLUTELY TASTELESS, THE FOOD...NO SALT...ASKED IF WE WANTED MORE BREAD..SAID YES..NO BREAD CAME...WATER GLASSES STOOD EMPTY...TOO HOT...TOO NOISY...ONCE DESSERT ARRIVED...SERVERS DISAPPEARED. SERVER VERY NICE & PLEASANT...SHE NOT THE PROBLEM...RESTAURANT AND KITCHEN THE PROBLEMSpecial Features:
- Excellent family evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/10/2014We had a lovely family celebration on a quiet weekday evening. The staff was welcoming and professional. And our hostess, Mika, went out of her way to ensure our evening was enjoyable. Our dinners were delicious! Fresh, well prepared and ample. We sampled a wide variety of items my beet and goat cheese salad and steak Au poivre were excellent. And everyone else enjoyed their shrimp, soft shell crab and pasta dishes. We will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A constantly good experiencedocky2VIPDined on 5/30/2014I often come here for lunch or dinner. It is a very pleasant place with good food and service and a nice atmosphere. Try it, you'll like it!Special Features:
- Notable Dining experiencemaven1VIPDined on 5/27/2014We were 5 people and all of us enjoyed what we had. The snails were excellent as was the crab salad, beet salad and endive salad. I had the calves liver--delicious. The lobster risotto was wonderful. Two people wanted soft shell crab--but there was only one order left. Creme brulee was excellent. Nothing to complain about the service. Our waitress was sweet. When listing the specials (lots), the waitress didn't include prices--a faux pas. Nobody should buy anything without knowing what it costs. We asked the prices and they were given to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steady Eddie BistrodougVIPDined on 5/24/2014We are frequent (5 times a year) diners at Provencal. So obviously we like it and have been going many years. The wine list needs a little upgrade, there are just too many good affordable wines out there, I think a little more attention would go a long way. Soft shell crabs are always a treat at Provencal. as are reliable steak frites/au poivre. I was also surprised that no oysters on the half shell were available-possibly the long weekend and they didn't want to be caught holding them- who knows. All in all, we most always tend to love our visits- classic bistro cuisine that is uncomplicated and direct. They have been at this for at least a decade, so for the most part the owners know exactly what they are doing. We are big fans!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/23/2014The biggest problem with this restaurant is the noise level. But otherwise great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingPeterVIPDined on 5/22/2014There are too many "specials" and other choices to prepare all properly. One choice, the hanger steak, lacked flavor and was more chewy than usual. The special of soft shell crab was overdone.
- DelightfulChrisDined on 5/11/2014One of our "go to" restuaruants where we can always count on the food, service and atmospher. Never had a bad meal, rarely disapointed in anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le Provencal Bistro Always DeliversProfessorPinballDined on 5/11/2014This place is my family's go-to place for complete satisfaction, whether brunch, lunch or dinner. I blush to compare it to McDonald's, but it is like that in the sense (and only that sense) that you always know what you'll get - in this case, a superb experience. The food, service and ambiance, along with frequent presence of one or both of the owners, makes it always a treat. And the prices, while far from inexpensive, are not unreasonable considering... If you can't park on Mamaroneck Avenue, find your way to the side streets...Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchJJPGDined on 5/11/2014Lovely experience overall, but very, very slow with rec'g food. We were the first reservation of the day! Waitress was very attentive despite the delays. Childrens menu, if only for mother's day, should have been more kid-friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a surprise!EnjoyFoodDined on 5/10/2014We've lived in the area for almost 15 years and had never been to this local restaurant. We finally decided to try it and what a pleasant surprise. Everything we ordered was delicious from the appetizers of escargot to the mushrooms on toast to the shrimp and white beans The entrees of lobster pasta was very light and tasty as was the salmon with lentils. The only disappointment was not finding this local gem sooner.Special Features:
- The following 457 reviews are from the Le Provencal Bistro reviews archive.
- Nice food!, shabby appearanceeaterouterVIPDined on 5/2/2014Food was good-steak frites, duck special-and waitress was pleasant. Could not get past shabby appearance of the restaurant. The upholstery was spotted and curtain shielding rest room doors was tattered. Decor was limited also.
- Dinner Before EmelinVinceDined on 4/25/2014Had dinner at 6 on a Friday evening before going to Emelin Theater. Wonderful experience. Brunette waitress was friendly and very efficient. Was getting pretty crowded when we left around 7:15, so I geuss reservations are recommended. Very fine experience with Open Table reservation.Special Features:
- So slowOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/24/2014We have eaten here many times but this was our first real disappoinment. Service in particular was slow and impersonal; the absence of the owners was quite noticeable. On the other hand, the food was as good as ever.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Easter Sunday brunchGina1234Dined on 4/20/2014My husband and I took our 90 year old mother-in-law to Provencal for Easter Sunday brunch. This is an intimate restaurant in the heart of Mamaroneck. The ambiance was warm and inviting. Service was friendly and prompt. We had lobster bisque, salmon on toast, salad, shrimp provencal, seared duck breast, and steak au poivre. Every dish was extremely tasty. You should order the duck breast whenever it is available. The meat was tender and flavorful, and expertly prepared with just the right amount of seasoning. The portion sizes were just right. My mother-in-law was very pleased. She loved visiting Paris and Provencal reminds her of all the wonderful times she had during those trips.Special Features:
- Saturday nightDeeDeeVIPDined on 4/19/2014Saturday night is not the night for this restaurant it was very busy noisy and the food was not up to its usual standard. Four of us had dinner three of us did not like her food. Usually the food here is very tasty we had the beef bourgonion and Yonge the duck confit and the tuna. All nothing we would return for. Sadly the profiterals for dessert were soggy DisappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch? You'll like Le ProvencalSteveStracDined on 4/13/2014In a short sentence, an overall very nice experience for brunch. Some of the best Eggs Benedict I have had. Service was attentive but not annoying. Tasty coffee too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off night but great staffSofiaDined on 4/4/2014The staff was very friendly and accomodating as was evident by the fact that some diners requested to be let out of the large french door in the back room leading out to the street and flush against our table. This happened twice during the evening and interrupted our meal with a blast of freezing air while the large parties trooped out. A little annoying. One of our party recieved the wrong entree and waited about 10 minutes more for his meal. He was very quickly compensated with a glass of wine on the house. The portions were small but the food was tasty. Overall, it was a nice meal but maybe off night. Friends swear by this place so I want to give it another try but will be sure to dine at an earlier hour.
- this is always a good betdocky2VIPDined on 4/2/2014A very pleasant place with excellent food and service. Wish the parking were easier, but that is a minor drawback for a first rate place to eat and enjoy the friendly environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFoodGuyVIPDined on 3/28/2014Really nice shrimp appetizer with beans and spinach. Really weak lobster bisque. Like dishwater. Fair tart tartan. Fair calf's liver.
- Excellent French FoodluckytoenjoyDined on 3/28/2014This was my second time at this restaurant and I would certainly go back. I think it is hard to find very good traditional food coupled with very pleasant service. For a neighborhood restaurant, I would highly recommend Le Provencal Bistro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mamroneck French GemstetsonincVIPDined on 3/23/2014We have dinned here several times before and were attracted to dine there this time due to the Hudson Valley restaurant week promotion. We very much enjoyed our entrees (maybe skip the crab cakes through). We will return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soElie34Dined on 3/22/2014Fair. Nothing special. Would not run back. Good service but food just ok.
- By far one of the finest restaurantCheryllouVIPDined on 3/21/2014By far one of the finest restaurants we have ever eaten in Westchester CountySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sheba1sheba1Dined on 3/21/2014The service was very good even though it was very busy. It was nice not to feel rushed through dinner. Very relaxing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hudson Valley Restaurant WeekEnjoyDiningVIPDined on 3/20/2014We dined here for Hudson Valley Restaurant week. It was our first time at Le Provencal Bistro. We loved it. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.