Le Petit Italien
1265 Bernard Ouest
Outremont, QC H2V1V8Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Le Petit Italien
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lepetititalien.com/
- Phone: 5142780888
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Wednesday: 11:30 am - 10:00 pm
Thursday-Friday: 11:30 am - 11:00 pm
Saturday: 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Sunday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Pablo Rojas-Sutterlin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Le Petit Italien has been your neighborhood restaurant since 1999. Day after day,we offer delicious dishes, prepared with passion, enjoyed in a warm and charming atmosphere. And now perhaps Le Petit Italien will be the perfect venue for your group of friends or family.
- Private Party Contact: Private Dining Manager 5142780888
- Special Events: We accept groups and would be happy to prepare a special menu. Please call us for more information.
A word from Le Petit Italien
Le Petit Italien, in the heart of picturesque Outremont, serves dishes that only a city like Montreal could inspire. The menu is constantly evolving, reflecting the ideas of our chef Pablo Rojas-Sutterlin. Our dinner specials incorporate local flavors and traditional Italian cuisine. Open for more than 12 years, it has built an excellent reputation as a neighborhood restaurant with an extensive wine list representing all the regions of Italy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Le Petit Italien reviews from OpenTable diners
- Lovely and Cozyfoodie24Dined on 6/6/2013Lovely restaurant with nice ambiance and tasty food. Cozy and not too loud but with enough life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2013Great neighborhood restaurant in Montreal. Nice indoors or out. Dishes we had were all very good with a menu that left us wanting to try other dishes. We would go backSpecial Features:
- Petit ItalienunpleasedDined on 5/5/2013In the past Le Petit Italien has always been an adventure in delicious italian food & warm, energetic service. Sunday night was the first weekend the terrace opened with the beautiful weather, and the service was abrupt and negligent. Our food order came with error and the quality was far far from what it has ever been. Perhaps they were having a bad night ( transition into their terrace season). With a wonderful reputation and many years of delicious history, i do hope they regroup and regain their momentum.
- Nice place with perfect pasta!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/19/2013I love this place for ten years! I've also been taking the same dish everytime (linguini bungustaio)!Special Features:
- Food was mediocre, saucesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/25/2013Food was mediocre, sauces lacked deep flavour. Pasta was perfectly cooked.Special Features:
- Vert Nice restaurant. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/3/2013Vert Nice restaurant. Food was great, very tasty, except m'y friend's dish. It was ok, no fuzz about it. The wine was excellant.Special Features:
- Outstanding lamb. Beef cheeksOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/7/2012Outstanding lamb. Beef cheeks tasty, may have been extended with shredded beef??? Friday night, service/kitchen overwhelmed by crowd, a bit too slow.
- Très bonnes pâtesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/29/2012Restaurant où il est facile de réserver à la dernière minute, surtout après les heures de souper avant les pièces de théâtre. Très bonnes pâtes, sans être complètement authentique au niveau italien, on y retourne pour les classiques (particulièrement les Penne con anatra). J’ai déjà hâte d’y souper à nouveau.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time here and on theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012First time here and on the recommendation of Open Table's "Neighborhood Gem" rating. Great little bistro atmosphere although very noisy group this evening. The food was wonderful however the wait staff was not entirely sure about how to describe the menu, so we struggled with a couple of items which turned out to eb delicious anyway - super friendly though and caring. We would go back for sure!Special Features:
- - excellent wine list & helpfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2012- excellent wine list & helpful advice - several dishes can be chosen as full-size or half-portion: a nice way to try more - the mushroom risotto was exceptionalSpecial Features:
- The gnoccis a la bologneseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2012The gnoccis a la bolognese I had were quite good but not spectacular Very pleased with service
- I have been going to the PetitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2012I have been going to the Petit Italien for years, I continue going because it it trendy and a good distance from my home, however in the last months the menu has changed and honestly it is very limited for those of us who do not eat meat. they used to have at least three pasta dished without meat to choose from they are down to one. so although I go often I end up eating the same dish, it is getting boring.Special Features:
- A very bad experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/8/2012I'm a regular but this time was particularly bad. Two attempts, with the wrong order. Sent a salad back, was given the same one again. Ordered wine, had to ask to get it... noisy, messy. Main course - something that I ear regularly - tasted dry, the waiter told me that ingredients were missing. He brought my plate back to the kitchen and they threw some olive oil on it and voilà! Didnt bother starting over!
- Fun, relaxed dining. A hipReviewerDined on 7/19/2012Fun, relaxed dining. A hip place where you can dine in your shorts - yes, I saw one patron in shorts. Great terrace. Food was solid. Interesting pasta dishes. I'd go there again.Special Features:
- The chef was not ready forTicoqDined on 7/16/2012The chef was not ready for any change to his menu !!!Special Features:
- I had been there many times,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/4/2012I had been there many times, however the menu has changed: the nice assortment of salads are gone and so are the pastas without meat, I am a vegetarian, I do eat fish, and they used to have a pasta with vegetables no longer available. i also noticed that the table d'hote menu has significantly increased in price. The table d'hote is too expensive for a bistro.Special Features:
- Had a great time once again.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/8/2012Had a great time once again. Since summer has finally come, the front windows, and the terrace, were open which added to the (already) very nice ambiance. The food was really good and we've been able to discuss openly given the good spirit all around us.Special Features:
- Went there with another couple,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/24/2012Went there with another couple, had a great meal. Started with a fresh salad of mixed greens and asparagus, fiddle head and shaved veg amongst other things. Took arctic char special which was amazing, fish was perched a top of mix of beans, fava, asparagus with a delicious sauce. Fish had been cooked with the skin on which was crunchy and totally delicious. others at table had mushroom risotto, salmon and pasta special with clams and sausage, all excellent. Quality of ingredients very fresh and good. Service was friendly and efficient. Very fun place to go with friends. Always a great bet!Special Features:
- The restaurant is very cleanOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/21/2012The restaurant is very clean and nicely lit. The seating is comfortable ( there is exterior seating but we sat indoors). The menu had the option of small or regular portions which is great especially at lunch. It wasn't easy to find a veg dish. My companion had a pasta dish with confit du canard which she liked very much. I had the risotto with mushrooms which was a little too al dente ( it's a fine line). The wine list was fine and the coffee very good. All in all a pleasant experience but not a "wow I must come back"
- L'ambiance y est à la foisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2012L'ambiance y est à la fois énergique et chaleureuse; le service efficace et discret tandis que la nourriture était tout simplement délicieuse. Bref, nous avons passé une très belle soirée et pour sûr nous y retournerons.Special Features:
- Very nice discoveryAnikaVIPDined on 1/28/2012Not too big, not too small, very charming restaurant. Food is delicious. I loved my gnocchis a la ricotta and the lobster chowder. Will go again for sure.
- They sure pack them into thisOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/5/2012They sure pack them into this pretty little restaurant on swishy Bernard St. But the buzz is exciting rather than irritating, the service excellent and the food unfussily exquisite -- not to mention satisfying. My plate of beef cheeks (world's tenderest meat) looked modest enough, for example, but it was all I could do to waddle out of there, appetite fully sated. A great evening. Must come back in the summer and nab a terrace seat.Special Features:
- Great dateelhuevonDined on 12/29/2011I had an amazing date here. I had asked for a booth seat in the reservation and got exactly that. The staff was attentive and overall excellent. The food was too. The wine was exotic, and I didn't order a good one, but the variety was impressive. GREAT for a date.Special Features:
- Great place to go , serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/22/2011Great place to go , service is exceptional and food very goodSpecial Features:
- Very nice food and diningziptalkerDined on 12/5/2011Very nice food and dining experience. Much better than average neighborhood eatery. I was very impressed that the manager called us in advance to warn us they had a party of 35 and even though he didn't think it was a problem, he just wanted to give us the chance to cancel. We didn't cancel and it was fine. The large party gave the place alot of life for a monday night.Special Features:
- A wonderful Sunday eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/13/2011A wonderful Sunday evening experience. Food was as well prepared on Sunday as it has been when we have been there on Sat. Excellent wine; wonderful appetizers. Main courses were delicious.Special Features:
- J'adore ce petit resto deOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/10/2011J'adore ce petit resto de l'avenue Bernard. Les pâtes sont délicieuses et l'ambiance est réconfortante. Un endroit idéal pour un souper en amoureux ou une sortie de filles. L'été il y a une terrasse pour déguster l'apéro sous le soleil et l'hiver quel bonheur de s'y retrouver pour prendre une bonne bouffe en bonne compagnie.Special Features:
- great food, amazing decorOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/31/2011great food, amazing decor and ambiance. sadly the staff just was not attentive enough and let us wait around for too long to order, to follow up. dessert wine and dessert took forever while others were being served. they joked and talked a lot between themselves and looked understaff. boss boy was very effective and things could have gone a little better if they let him wait tablesSpecial Features:
- Great ambiance and food toFredbirdDined on 10/21/2011Great ambiance and food to match. Superb Italian wine list from affordable to the exotic. Wait staff extremely helpful. Overall, a pleasant experience that had a casual, yet still elegant vibe to it.Special Features:
- Excellent itlian adapted recepies.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/7/2011Excellent itlian adapted recepies. A nice wine list with private importation and good price.Special Features:
- We go very often and the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2011We go very often and the food is always amazingly delicious! We love this place! Location is also fantastic.Special Features:
- Great food, simple menu, andOakvillefoodieDined on 5/28/2011Great food, simple menu, and an OK wine list. The atmoshpere was great, and located in a very nice neighbourhood.Special Features:
- Great Date Spot in OutremontOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/20/2011Took a 9:00 PM reservation on Friday night, the restaurant was lively. We got a table on the sidewalk after some 'negotiation' with the waitstaff. My date and I split the bruschetta, a pleasant take on the traditional dish; I would order again! I had the full size portion of the scallop risotto, comforting and satisfying and the Italian beer they serve. The service was attentive for a busy Friday night. The kitchen was slow, as there was 20 minutes between our courses, but overall a pleasant meal for under 80 for 2.Special Features:
- i think if you want a good200pipsVIPDined on 5/7/2011i think if you want a good pasta or risoto meal its perfect..very reasonable in price..there are 2 portions small or bigger always precise the one you want because they wont be shy to bring you the big one (more expensive obviously). overall its al good meal.Special Features:
- wasnt the waiters fault ofOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/30/2011wasnt the waiters fault of the poor service...............they did not prepare for a busy satuday night and they were understaffedSpecial Features:
- Très bonne Trattoria, nousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/16/2011Très bonne Trattoria, nous étions trois, avons tous pris des plats différents et nous sommes tous réagalés. Vraiment trés bon restaurant à recommanderSpecial Features:
- Always lives up to its standards:OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/14/2011Always lives up to its standards: my favorite place for sharing a lunch with a good friend.Special Features:
- Upon arrival, we were informedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/23/2011Upon arrival, we were informed that we were the first guests to have reserved on Open Table. They offered us dessert and coffee. That was generous and classy. Once again, though, as a member of Open Table we were seated in a most chaotic area of the restaurant. I,once again,changed our seating arrangements from table to bar which has now been my preferred choice of seating in lively restaurants as this. The bartender/server was uber-friendly and she kindly assisted us in our menu choices. We ate a beautiful caprese to start and ended with a pasta dish topped with rapini and sausage. It was a delight. I recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features: