90 Thompson Street
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lepescadeuxnyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 966-0021
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 11:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:30am
Sunday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday 11am - 4pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, French
- Executive Chef: Francisco
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available.
- Entertainment: Every Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday Night Soho Artist Live Music 7pm-10pm
Sunday Jazz Brunch 12pm-4pm
A word from Le Pescadeux
Le Pescadeux, the only restaurant in New York that focuses on French Canadian Culinary migration experience, from the Maritimes through Quebec and down to Louisiana.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Le Pescadeux reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (24)fit for foodies (20)romantic (11)good for groups (9)notable wine list (8)great for brunch (7)special occasion (7)hot spot (7)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (6)great for lunch (6)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- Very impressedJudyDined on 4/18/2014Really fabulous food - and low-key for this level of food (ie not stuffy!). Easy to feel at home here and so many great tastes to explore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb SoHo RestaurantRubenDined on 4/4/2014I had dinner on Friday with 3 friends and I can highly recommend this restaurant. The owner / manager was very friendly and a charming man and clearly very enthusiastic about his restaurant. The food was superb - I had Dorado fish which was exquisite and all my friends said their food was excellent too (ranging from meat to fish). The ambience is lovely too and service is attentive but not over bearing, you were made to feel that you could have a relaxing evening without being overtly disturbed. This is a really lovely local SoHo restaurant and a real gem. It's not overtly flash, it's a perfect neighborhood restaurant that combines great food, atmosphere and service to provide a really memorable evening. I will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, as alwayswocaplelVIPDined on 3/28/2014We eat here often and always enjoy the food, service and atmosphere. The fish is fresh as can be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Ok is Not Good EnoughBreakinggoodVIPDined on 3/27/2014Given all the great reviews, I expected to find a little neighborhood gem. What I found was little and neighborhoody, but I don't think I could certify the 'gem' part of that. It's not that it was bad; it was simply unremarkable. When we arrived around 7:30, almost no one was there, but within 30-45 minutes, the crowd picked up and the room was close to full, giving it some better energy as the night went on. The wait staff was attentive and friendly and never made us feel rushed in any way (a peeve of mine about NY dining.) The food...meh. The Bouillabaisse was probably the best item we ordered. The fish duet not so much (sadly). Tuna was flavorless; salmon better. So it was just ok...and you can get 'just ok' in lots of places.
- Perfect spot for our nightAliGVIPDined on 3/22/2014Perfect spot for our night out with friends. Our group of 6 enjoyed fresh oysters, crab cakes and calamari to start then dove into delectible main courses. Top billing goes to the house special (scallops) and to the paired fish dishes (tuna and salmon were partiular favorites), but the steak frites were also a hit for the land lubber in the group. Delicious desert shares and after dinner drinks followed to cap off the night. The fabulous food was matched by the casual but sophisticated ambiance. The lighting is perfect and the decor (especially the paintings) strike the perfect downtown vibe. The owner, Chuck, makes everyone feel like an honored guest. We will be back - for either a casual night out downtown or for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Sunday Brunch at le PescadeuxOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/16/2014We had come to the restaurant after being here for dinner several months ago. At that time we had some wonderful fish, especially the calamari. This time the service was mediocre at best. While the restaurant is very cute and seems like a good neighborhood place,many of the offerings on the menu were not available. The banana bread was really nothing special. The breakfast of eggs with meat or fish also just missed. I would not recommend this restaurant.
- Second-time letdownhanknewyorkDined on 3/16/2014After being tremendously impressed by this place on our first visit, we were disappointed by a return for brunch last Sunday. The menu was far more limited than the dinner offerings, and several of the things we most wanted -- calamari and crab cakes especially -- were not available. The room was too cold for comfort, and we ended up eating with coats around our shoulders. Service was indifferent at best (unlike our first experience there), and the jazz combo was so loud that conversation was difficult. I'll probably give the place one last try -- definitely at dinner -- but at this point I'm skeptical.Special Features:
- Great fish and great musicOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/12/2014Popped along on a Wednesday night and atmosphere was still buzzing. Live band playing some nice tunes. Food was superb - loved the fact that for the main courses you pick 2 half servings. More chance to try more great food. Well worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommended, especiallyDantheManDined on 3/12/2014Highly recommended, especially when the Diane Sweet Trio is in the house. Great food, very intimate setting, perfect ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food with interesting menweldaDined on 3/8/2014What started off badly but ended well. We arrived on time for our 8 p, reservation for 6 persons. Unfortunately, the table did not. It was about 40 minutes before we were seated. The management was appropriately apologetic, offered us seats at the bar and half-priced drinks. However, it was not very comfortable. when we were finally seated the table was a bit small and hard to get to the seats. However, everything turned better when we started ordering and eating. The food was outstanding with a very interesting menu. I had an appetizer of roasted squid in a sauce that included the ink, and it was delicious. Others claimed the same about their food. Overall, I would return and recommend it, but I took off a rating point for the long wait.Special Features:
- Village GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/2/2014Loved the food and ambiance and service. We will go back to this beautiful place with exquisite food in a great part of the village.Special Features:
- Some bright spots, some problemsJohnWDined on 3/1/2014The waiter was good but he needed help. He was tending the room with a few servers. The host is gregarious and fun. The fresh oysters were great. For the main courses: one order of tuna was cold, both orders of cod were slightly mushy, one order of the bass was overcooked and mushy. The salmon and octopus were excellent. Desserts were average. The caramel bananas were too sugary, the syllabus was sweet and not noteworthy excerpt for the champagne gelee. The coffee tasted old. At $110 per person with a bottle of wine and tip, not worth it.
- SoHo Gempat07762Dined on 3/1/2014My friend and I were having a great NY Day with plays, shopping, wandering around. We knew we were going to end up in Soho for dinner and we thoroughly enjoyed Les Pescadeux. Service was warm and welcoming, we arrived at 5:30 as they were opening for dinner and when we left at 7:30 they were almost all filled. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood in SOHODavidVIPDined on 3/1/2014First visit - we will be back. Wonderful seafood - the duets provide a opportunity to try two great dishes. Small place, we dined early before train back to DC, but nice ambience and friendly staff. Yes, NYC, know you're cool, but you are really so much nicer than DC in customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All the hype is trueBuckDined on 2/28/2014Pescadeux is a gem. Outstanding food. I had octopus salad (sensational convergence of flavors and textures), followed by bouillabaisse (as good as I have ever had). Wife had Clam Chowder which was perfect starter on very cold night and Tuna Au Poivre which she loved. Side of Brussels Sprouts were delicious We will be back..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish/Seafood DelightTWOFOODIESDined on 2/22/2014This was an excellent restaurant. We both enjoyed everything we ordered. The menu had many choices (including non-fish selections) but is really for people who like fish and seafood. I especially liked the Fish Duets selections. It was a great way to try several different dishes in one meal. Also the owner came to our table and spoke with us. We felt like regulars and it was our first visit but definitely not our last!!!!Special Features:
- GreatwocaplelVIPDined on 2/19/2014This is a pleasant restaurant to spend a good part of the evening. Music on nights during the week add to the allure. We eat here as often as we can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real find!Sue123VIPDined on 2/19/2014We had a wonderful meal at Le Pescadeux. We both had the "specialty fish duet" and each of us chose two different types of fish, so altogether we sampled four…and all were delicious. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014I proposed to my fiancee at this restaurant. I asked to do a special surprise table setting, and the owner, Chuck, enthusiastically allowed me to bring my own flowers and candlestick holders to the restaurant. When I got there in the afternoon to bring the table setting, a waiter, Steve, took the items from me. When I arrived later on with my soon-to-be fiancee, Chuck and Steve did a great job maintaining the surprise. Everything went well, and Chuck brought out complimentary champagne. We both loved the live music. It turned out to be the perfect place for getting engaged, and we both plan to go back to Le Pescadeux!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected DelightBarbLDined on 2/8/2014Warm, friendly, not your usual "decorator" motif...more of an eclectic seafaring atmosphere. Outstanding, creative delicious food served by a friendly wait staff...John Luka...fabulous, attentive, prompt in answering concerns. The host Chuckie....fantastic singing voice...as he song H.B. to me! We were seated at the "Captains Table" which is on a slight platform so we had a birdseye view of the patrons all around us. Very friendly couple seated next to our table have been going to L.P. since its previous location.. I can see why. Can't wait for the summer when they open the front windows to the neighborhood! We will absolutely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experiencethebroadessDined on 2/1/2014Found Le Pescadeux by location and reviews from Open Table users...Thank you! Starting with the friendly smile at the door, all the way through espresso. The menu has something for everyone, the three of us all had the "duet" we were able to pick two of the fish/seafood items...all 6 were great. We shared, and I do recommend, the brussels sprouts with apples and bacon. Nice selection of wines completed the experience. We are looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:
- Fantastic Dining ExperiencefishfanaticDined on 1/26/2014Recently I had important friends pay a visit to NYC. They are sophisticated diners and definitely know a good seafood restaurant from a run-of-the-mill one. They were extremely impressed with every facet of their dining experience at Le Pescadeux, from the excellent service to the quality menu. The wine list is varied to fit any palate, the special "duet" menu allows for diners to have two different seafood selections (a novel and winning concept), and to top it all off, the owner was very gracious and displayed a delightful wit. Oh, and the flourless chocolate cake was the best I've ever had. Thanks to Le Pescadeux, I scored major points with my friends! Le Pescadeux is now on their short list of best NYC restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoyablewocaplelVIPDined on 1/18/2014As always, we had an enjoyable meal. The food and service are very good. The owner makes it a point to stop at all the tables to make sure everything is fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OystersRomanDined on 1/17/2014The oysters are fantastic. Delicious food and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place should be packed!HildegullVIPDined on 1/12/2014What a lovely neighbourhood restaurant. For some reason it was not packed the Sunday night I was there, but competing with Golden Globe and a neighbourhood restaurant having its closing party, it made more sense. The staff is very cute, helpful and attentive. The music played was perfect and the seafood platter I ordered was delicious, especially the tuna tartar.Special Features:
- GREAT EVENINGkimballkDined on 1/7/2014Music (blues) was outstanding. Service at the bar was perfect. Food excellent. And very good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tiny Piece of Montreal in SohoTillerVIPDined on 1/1/2014A great little place with great French Canadian cuisine. There was a jazz trio playing on the Wednesday night we were there which added to the atmosphere of the place. All dishes were superb! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's EvechrysDined on 12/31/2013I love this place and went there multiple times during the last year. I've never been disappointed and the food is great. Depending on when you come, you can enjoy listening live jazz music played on a small scene close to the bar. Very good service and the moderate noise level is highly appreciated (when the live music is off!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very comfortable fit...McCycleDined on 12/27/2013The second time we ate there....and the food was just as good. Very friendly atmosphere, and the Soho locale is just so perfect. DId not have specials this evening, as we did on our first visit here. Nonetheless, the food is top-notch, really fresh, and they don't hurry through a meal, which is wonderful. And the owner always makes a point of saying hello...a real gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spotBryanDined on 12/23/2013Had dinner with my family here, party of 6. Not a crowded night, so we were probably there at a good time, but everything was spot-on. Enjoyed the food and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch gemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/22/2013I've been here a few times for Sunday Brunch, and have never been disappointed with my menu choices. I recently had the Eggs Benedict which was, as before, very good. The service is truly outstanding - discreetly attentive. The live jazz band (Gabrielle Stravelli trio) brings it all together for a really wonderful experience to share!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Refreshingly uniqueMc4contestantDined on 12/20/2013The host is quite friendly and entertaining. The menu is great and unique in its focus on the French influence on regional North American cuisine from Quebec to Louisiana Cajun fare. Great selection of fish and a fantastic Steak Au Poivre for the carnivores. The service good be a bit tighter but truly a great little restaurant that is food driven, not trend driven. A New Yorker reader place, not a New York Mag. place.Special Features:
- Good food, service very inattentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/15/2013Good food, service very inattentive. We certainly did not feel as "guests." Lovely singer, but not expecting a concert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatwocaplelVIPDined on 12/7/2013The menu has some new choices for the Winter. All in all very good. We always enjoy ourselves when we eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a low key nightGlobalDinerVIPDined on 12/6/2013Le Pescadeux is a small quaint space. The food at Le Pescadeux is neighborhood comfort food. Nothing fancy but good. I did really enjoy the brisket with sweet potatoes two ways. However, their poutine wasn't one of my favorites. There was only one waiter but he was able to keep up and attend to us. Overall good. But look out for Chuck, the owner, who after he's got a good buzz goin', goes from table to table chatting.
- Great foodSpenceDined on 12/6/2013One of the best meals we have had in New York citySpecial Features:
- Delicious seafood. Third timeLuvSohoDined on 12/6/2013Delicious seafood. Third time there and have never had a bad dish.Special Features:
- Quaint and VibranthotsauceVIPDined on 11/30/2013This French Seafood Bistro / Restaurant was great, some very unique dishes and they actually don't force you into ordering one giant dish, if you want to try multiple things they have a pick 2 menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/26/2013Our evening was perfect from beginning to end. What perfect place!!Special Features:
- Excellent. A must try and Go OftenJaneDined on 11/23/2013An excellent find. Great, friendly and compelling environment. Loved the two fish duo, sweet carrots and broccoli. Engaging host. Delicious French/ Quebec/ international cuisine.Special Features: