90 Thompson Street
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lepescadeuxnyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 966-0021
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 11:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:30am
Sunday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday 11am - 4pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, French
- Executive Chef: Francisco
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available.
- Entertainment: Every Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday Night Soho Artist Live Music 7pm-10pm
Sunday Jazz Brunch 12pm-4pm
A word from Le Pescadeux
Le Pescadeux, the only restaurant in New York that focuses on French Canadian Culinary migration experience, from the Maritimes through Quebec and down to Louisiana.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Le Pescadeux reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (24)fit for foodies (19)romantic (10)good for groups (9)notable wine list (8)great for brunch (7)special occasion (7)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (6)great for lunch (6)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- Too noisyDonquijoteIIDined on 11/10/2014I picked this restaurant for the reviews that said it was good, painfully the great food was spoiled but the way too loud live music, impossible to talk. Food was excellent, service was not good, waiters do not pay attention to the tables and took me several attempts to finally get the check. After being there for 90 minutes my head couldn't stand the noise anymore. It is a pity because the food was great.Special Features:
- Like being in France.PdiprimoDined on 11/10/2014Romantic dining room, wonderful art, energetic staff and a wonderful menu. We even ordered dessert twice it was so good. Only minor complaint was the music was too loud at first, but they adjusted and it ended up being a fantastic band. Really great date spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French BistroallynancDined on 11/8/2014After shopping or just spending the day in the west village this resturant was perfect. The food is excellent, fish and seafood I would say is there specialty. All the fish is wild. No Farm Raised, which you don't find in many resturants The owner is usually ther and is a terrific host. Go there you won't be disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Night outOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/8/2014Le Pescadeux was a pleasant surprise gem for us. We thoroughly enjoyed the food and the drinks but also enjoyed the fun atmosphere. We would go back there in an instant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this restaurantMargotDined on 11/6/2014I discovered this restaurant early last week and liked it so much, I returned that very same week. The food is really excellent; high standards. And the price point is reasonable. The wine was also good. One night, there was a fabulous singer, "Red Sahara." The second visit, there wasn't music and that, too, was fine. It has a very easy going, friendly, comfortable atmosphere. I think that comes because it's owner operated. I don't know the owner and I am speaking totally as a restaurant goer who feels she has discovered a new favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- GreatRico26120Dined on 10/31/2014Great place! my friends and I were in New York for the week (we are all French) and we really enjoyed the atmosphere, the musics, the wine and the food.Special Features:
- A night to remember at Le PescadeuxCTCanucksDined on 10/30/2014Le Pescadeux, nestled in on Thompson St in SOHO is an intimate, warm, inviting French Quebec seafood themed restaurant that includes a cozy, friendly bar. Its made our trip from Connecticut to host our Hong Kong friend worth the journey. The service opened with fresh baked crusty rolls followed by a uniquely seasoned clam chowder, and a very tasty roasted calamari as appetizers. Our main courses included the house special BOUILLABAISSE QUEBECOISE, SEA URCHIN & ROCK SHRIMP RISOTTO and a lemon linguine dish with fresh fish (forget the actual name). We passed on dessert, a testament to the satisfying meal. Service was attentive and unobtrusive throughout. Chuck Perley, owner and host, turned an excellent meal into a most memorable evening!Special Features:
- excellent lunchFreddav1Dined on 10/29/2014We had a very good meal here. Everything was outstanding, except, of all things, the French Fries!! My grilled shrimp had a wonderful sauce, and the Romaine salad was exceptional. The piece de resistance was the dessert special: a Pear tart. WOW!Special Features:
- Cozy gemLike2eatDined on 10/11/2014Warm atmosphere with a neighborhood feel. Owner present and friendly. Delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quebec City flair in SOHONJOREatsDined on 9/7/2014A unique menu and the freedom to customize the entrées (you can pick two 1/2 mains) puts Le Pescadux at the top of our small list repeatable restaurants in NYC. Dinning out must be for something you can't do. Sauces here were perfection! Fish entree's are excellent! The simplest desserts surpass other's fair. Great skill in their presentation. No, there isn't spectacular furnishings or spotless surroundings. There is truly great food, well presented and expertly served. We chose a quiet Sunday, after a play, and met with another discriminating friend. We all agreed that this is truly a standout, intimate restaurant. Do yourself a favor, make a reservation and take the A-C-E to Spring Street. You'll be a fan tooSpecial Features:
- Good for live musicRenatoADined on 9/7/2014Unfortunately we were not prepared for listening to live music, we were looking for a quiet place to relax and chat. We were surprised but it does not mean we are judging adversely, only that it was not what we were looking for that moment. We did not stay but maybe another time we can come back when we were in the mood for live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- seafood seafood seafooddennyDined on 8/31/2014the whole evening was great the service ,the seafood,the drinks ,couldnt been any better. fresh seafood cooked to excellance. thank you for a great mealSpecial Features:
- Perfect Romantic SpotfrenchieDined on 8/30/2014This is the perfect spot to bring the love of your life and enjoy a nice romantic diner. You can enjoy the company of your date throughout a 5 course seafood diner without feeling overstuff. There is a good selection of wine that will complement your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighbourhood gemFrancesca211VIPDined on 8/24/2014Love this restaurant. I have been back several times and taken friends. It has never been disappointing. The food, the service and the owner are top notch... The menu is varied and they have a really well stocked bar. Will go back again and again...Special Features:
- Great neighborhood placeSoHoNeighborDined on 8/24/2014It is a perfect place that reminds me if old SoHo. Very comfortable and personable with fantastic food. The bouillabaisse is the best I have had in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pleasant Surprisesteveh531Dined on 8/21/2014We were looking for a place to dine with old friends we hadn't seen in years, where there was a choice of fish dishes, in lower Manhattan. I found Le Pescadeux in Zagats and it was a bullseye for the occasion. With tables open to the street it had the feel of a French Bistro, and while small, had a warm & cozy feel. Service was friendly and attentive, and most importantly, we were allowed to linger and catch up with our friends. My wife and I had the Soft Shell Crabs, while our friends had the Salmon and the Dorado...as these were the first crabs for us of the year, we were very excited, and they did not disappoint. Our friends also enjoyed their dishes. The tuna avocado appetizer and the octopus salad were also great. We shall be back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingAtlantanDined on 8/16/2014Having been born in Quebec, I was hoping to find remnants of Quebecois culture in this restaurant, even at brunch. What I found was a nearly empty restaurant serving ho hum food. The service was polite and acceptable but I had no sense of having a French Canadian experience. If felt my food was average while my wife's was below average in her view. The one redeeming element of the brunch was an excellent bloody mary prepared by who I think was the owner. I love a spicy Bloody and she delivered.
- The following 450 reviews are from the Le Pescadeux reviews archive.
- Fish Lovers in Heavenjwnyc3VIPDined on 7/23/2014One of my guests pronounced his dinner "the best meal I've had in 15 years." The other planned to return within days with his wife. Both have sophisticated palates and aren't the exaggerating type. Come here if you love a restaurant that's low on pretension and high on culinary excellence. Super-fresh fish and seafood, wonderful flexibility in ordering (the "fish duet" entree is an idea of pure genius) and a friendly, fun vibe. The roasted calamari appetizer was transporting. The snapper ceviche starter sparkled in your mouth. The dorado entree was juicy. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- bad nitephilDined on 7/22/2014food is always great but was just a bad night service was horrible i think some staff did not show up the band did not show up they ran out of our wineI would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely eveningsatisfiedcostumerDined on 7/21/2014I live in the neighborhood and every time I walk by I think it looks like a very pleasant spot. I also love seafood, so I went there for the first time last week. The doors to the street are completely open giving an indoor/outdoor dining experience; great in the summer. Because Thompson is a quiet street, our dinner was really great. We were surprised that they had live music on a Monday night and the group was great. Not too loud but wonderfully chosen background music. Every item we ordered was excellent and beautifully presented. Overall, our experience was a very pleasant one. I am looking forward to eating there again.Special Features:
- Double Your PleasureNaifandfawkDined on 7/19/2014This restaurant has a unique menu feature. You can order two half portions. Since I couldn't choose between salmon and cod, I had half portions of each. Both were excellent. The crabcake appetizer was superb, akmost all crabmeat with very little filler. Only complaint is that service was not great towards the end of the meal when the restaurant got crowded.Special Features:
- Great food and great peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014The entire staff, all the way to the owner, were attentive and nice. We really had a great time at dinner. The food was very good.
- Top notch restaurantFrancesca211VIPDined on 7/11/2014I went here last winter and really enjoyed it. I took a friend for a birthday dinner recently and she hasn't stopped raving about the food, the service and the overall experience. The menu has a lot to offer ... flavourful and the fish was delicious. Will definitely be taking friends back here...Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Gem in SoHonola2006VIPDined on 7/10/2014This hip Thompson Street bistro is always a great experience! Quebec theme is fun, and owner Chuck is usually there (when's the last time you saw an owner at the restaurant!!) And he's a total character, too! Great food - fish duets a treat, but love the duck, and the steak, too. Cajun Rock Shrimp is to die for. Crab cakes are terrific. Service is great. Everybody is friendly. Very hip crowd. Love it!!Special Features:
- Local BrunchHenriDined on 6/15/2014Three of the four of us thought their brunch entrees were quite good. The room and service were OK, except an oysters appetizer arrived during the second course even though the room was surprisingly empty. Jazz at Brunch was a nice touch. We may try it again whwn in the neighborhood.
- Just eh...OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/6/2014I tried the crab cakes, pork belly, fries and sugar pie. The crab cakes were excellent with a nice sauce and cucumber accompaniments. The pork belly had a lot of fat and no flavor. Even after cutting off the huge layer of fat the meat left was flavorless. The fries actually tastes bad - how do you mess up fries?!? The sugar pie was flavorful and something new. The service was good; quick and kind although I was disappointed that they did not ask why I didn't eat any of the fries. The ambience did remind me of a small bistro in Paris without all the smoke :)
- terrific fishzimDineVIPDined on 5/25/2014great variety of very good fish dishes. excellent desserts too. will be going back to try other dishesSpecial Features:
- Wonderful experience all aroundnycinnkeeperDined on 5/24/2014So happy that Chuck (the most charming and delightful restauranteur/maitre D ever) managed to continue his great legacy of Le Pescadou, a favorite of mine from yrs back with this gem of a restaurant. Lovely ambience, music (jazz), clientele (more local than tourist), with terrific fairly priced food. Between us we sampled a good amount of the menu and both seafood and meats were delicious and served with flair without preciousness. My only hope is that it doesnt get crowded out by the wrong kind of folk because it is that good...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only OKCaroleDined on 5/22/2014I have been looking forward to trying this restaurant and was felt it was only so-so. The menu looks so interesting but the actual food was over cooked and lacked interest in both flavor and appearance.Special Features:
- Sunday Jazz brunchAnnieVIPDined on 5/11/2014Got seated after waiting for the hostess for quite a while, but got the best seat by the open wall on a sunny Sunday afternoon. Unlimited Mimosas $18 yum, and good food. Service could have been better, but the live jazz and good drinks made the day!Special Features:
- Great mealwocaplelVIPDined on 5/10/2014As always it was a wonderful meal. The fish is very fresh as are all the menu items. We bring friends here when we can, as we did the other night, they really enjoy it as well. Live (local) musicians play a few nights during the week. It's not loud, it's enjoyable. Make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TravelingwomanVIPDined on 5/8/2014Early Bird special a big draw especially because it included a glass of wine. However, we had to request the early-bird menu as the waitress did not immediately give it to us. We appreciated being able to sit for hours even though the restaurant got crowded. Also very nice to have the owner come over and chat.Special Features:
- warm and friendly atmosphereLynneKDined on 5/6/2014we had a fabulous time dining at Le Pescadeaux the other night. The food was wonderful, the service was attentive. But beyond that, the atmosphere was warm and friendly, like being welcomed into a home of a close friend. The owner personally welcomes all his guests and makes the rounds to all the tables. He sings Happy Birthday to those celebrating and personally delivers their dessert! There is a lovely jazz band with wonderful music. This is a rare treat and a wonderful find. Book a reservation, NOW!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Braised OctopusroronycVIPDined on 4/30/2014Not sure what happened to the braised octopus - it doesn't taste the same as before.Special Features:
- reviewernicknameVIPDined on 4/26/2014A bit pricey, but good food. Definitely going back.
- Better than more pricey fish placesmbethDined on 4/26/2014Spouse and I saw this resto on GoogleMaps as being near Four Points hotel, where we were staying. Open Table reservation worked well, and then, when our evening plans changed, resto graciously changed our reservation to an earlier time, and gave us a really nice, large table. Food was wonderful: whole dorado for me, squid linguini with seafood for spouse. We split the roasted cauliflower side. Appropriately sized, filling portions. Perfectly cooked fish. We have eaten in some of the most well-known and pricey seafood restos in Manhattan. This was a nicer experience than those 'five-star' places with celebrity chefs.Special Features:
- TravelerVIPDined on 4/25/2014Always delivers a great dining experience! Food is consistently wonderful and Chuck is always a great host!Special Features:
- Dynamic IntimateTrimDined on 4/23/2014Le Pescadeux provides a warm and intimate but dynamic bar and dining experience. Robin welcomes you with her hospitality and it all goes on from their. The live music brought the whole vibe together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nicewocaplelVIPDined on 4/19/2014We eat here as often as possible. The food and service are very good. The music on certain nights is a plus as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very impressedJudyDined on 4/18/2014Really fabulous food - and low-key for this level of food (ie not stuffy!). Easy to feel at home here and so many great tastes to explore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.