45 San Marco Ave.
St. Augustine, FL 32084Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lepav.com/
- Phone: (904) 824-6202
- Hours of Operation:
Open seven day a week
Lunch: Daily: 11:30AM - 2:30PM.
Brunch Sunday 11:30 till 2:30
Dinner: Open at 5:00 pm till closing 7 days
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, German
- Executive Chef: Joe Kelbert
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We do some catering off site. Please contact us for further details.
- Private Party Facilities: 2 room 2-10 very private romantic.
1 small private dinning room down stairs sits 32 people.
1 small private dinning room upstairs no elevator sits 32 people. also are fireplace room can sit 12 for a small party. the rooms are cozy and romantic.
- Private Party Contact: Patty Kelbert 9048246202
A word from Le Pavillon
Honoring the legacy of longtime chef-owner Claude Sinatsch, his wife Gisele, daughter Patty and son-in-law Joe Kelbert welcome you to enjoy a relaxing dining experience inside a gracious Victorian era home. Enjoy German, Swiss and French Cuisine in a casually elegant setting. Family Owned and operated since 1977.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Le Pavillon - Best Restaurants in St. Augustine ›
Le Pavillon reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)special occasion (17)romantic (14)fit for foodies (11)great for lunch (5)good for groups (5)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- wonderful restauranttpt1002Dined on 10/18/2014My husband and I have been eating at Le Pavillion for years. Always good: good food, good service, quaint setting, right on the main drag in St. AugustineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionjrmspecdineDined on 10/10/2014The Le Pavillon provided excellent food, accommodated 10 people in a private atmosphere allowing good conversation, privacy, and outstanding service. I strongly recommend it for its food, service and friendly staff.Special Features:
- Really enjoyed our eventingPamSDined on 10/4/2014We hadn't been there in years but our friend wanted to go for his birthday so 2 couples went. We all had the specials, prime rib, grouper and salmon. Both guys said their prime rib was very good, cooked to order and the homemade horseradish sauce was wonderful. the grouper was excellent but my friend said her salmon was a bit undercooked for her taste. Dessert included chocolate mousse, NY cheesecake and chocolate carmel pean torte - all outstanding! The wine list is a bit limited. Service was excellent - Rosie was our server for the evening. It's a pretty place with a cute bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!Lmu8523VIPDined on 10/4/2014As locals we eat here frequently. Brought family here for dinner that were visiting from out of town. They loved it!Special Features:
- WonderfulLmu8523VIPDined on 9/6/2014Nice quiet evening. Food was excellent as was service.Special Features:
- VinsterxDined on 9/5/2014Love German food and it was my anniversary going to Le Pavillon we had a great dinner experience and a great anniversary dinner.Special Features:
- Don't go.Bistro de Leon MUCH betterLuvLidiasPittVIPDined on 8/29/2014A highly rated, old school restaurant but very very disappointing. Only 1 (spinach) of 4 crepes even close to being good. Pate good. Veal Oscar was the worst looking presentation of the dish I've ever seen...meat was chewy, little crab, and one stick of white canned asparagus...don't waste your money here. Try Bistro de Leon for truly outstanding French country cuisine. Only kidding about the scenic view designation...OpenTable makes you select something from their list...honestly could only recommend the pate...and I won't mention their wine glasses or their list....Special Features:
- in St AugTboyDined on 8/23/2014This wonderful restuarant has been a favorite of ours for almost 40 years. Located within the shadows of the Castillo de San Marcos, the beautiful old home is a romantic and pleasant venue for a great evening. The prices may seem a bit high at times, but the food will usually be enough to make you glad you came. Pleasant continental quiet dining in a delightful atmosphere. The Boullibaise is to die for and the Grouper is a perrenial favorite. If you like Crepes...nough said. Theirs are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outWeluvEnzasDined on 8/23/2014We have been a customer for years and this time had a group of 8 and wanted a quiet place on a Saturday night. We requested a quiet area when we made our Open Table reservations and we had a side room to ourselves and could hear each other talk. Food and service were absolutely wonderful. Once again, a great experience.Special Features:
- Mom's a Cancer SurvivorOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2014We went to Le Pavillon at my mom's request to celebrate her Cancer Survivor status and her 82nd birthday. It was wonderful! The unique food and wonderful service made us feel welcomed like in a private home. Thank you for helping make the celebration special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice ambiance and good dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014This was really really good dining. The waitress was slightly standoffish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mariagonzaVIPDined on 8/2/2014the lambs are very good and service too the place its very nice if you wanna have a romantic dateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time but not the lastRebcatDined on 8/1/2014We have lived in Jacksonville for 14 years but had never been here. We loved it and will be back. My husband had the lamb and I had Veal Oscar. It was hard to choose because the menu what a lot of things we both liked. Just another reason to go back to try another dish...and the Key Lime Pie was good too Next time it will be the Chocolate mousse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 96 reviews are from the Le Pavillon reviews archive.
- Always good!MurfDined on 7/18/2014My family and I have been dinning at Le Pavillon for over 15 years and it is always good. It is our favorite fine dining restaurant in all of St. Augustine, which is saying a lot. The Oysters Rockefeller and Rack of Lamb are too good to pass up. The fresh fish is always good as well and I am very particular when it comes to fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OvereaterUnanimousDined on 7/16/2014Food average. Preparation just ok. Service not great. Still waiting for my soup. Dessert choices poor.Special Features:
- What a wonderful night !!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014We had a wonderful experience at Le Pavillon. The service, food and ambiance were wonderful. I would recommend this restaurant very highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningLmu8523VIPDined on 7/12/2014Special evening with old friends moving out of the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningHwyStarDined on 6/22/2014First time at this restaurant for two local couples enjoying a Sunday night dinner. Salmon, grouper, duck and schnitzel were chosen. All excellent. Grouper was best ever. Attentive staff. Prices consistent with upscale dining however good value. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experience!kjcmagillDined on 6/21/2014Every time we eat here the food , ambiance and service is excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't wait or hesitate ..go now!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2014I live in St Augustine and this us my first time. I can't believe I waited so long..a great place for fish or meat and deserts to die for. Don't hesitate to go or recommend this place . Really nice menu with something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciously consistentrAudiOneDined on 6/13/2014Every year when I visit St Augustine I make sure Le Pavillon is on the itinerary. The onion soup is always excellent as is the filet. The scallops, escargot and catch of the day always fresh. This visit didn't disappoint.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/6/2014excellent lamb. salad could be much better. service not very attentive
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014We have been there quite a few times. Every time we are there the food is exceptional, have tried quite a variety on the menu. We have come for special occasions and just with friends or by ourselves. Every room is very different and comfortable. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect againjjjaxon5VIPDined on 5/3/2014After 3 decades I have never been disappointed by a meal. I only get to LePav every few months but look forward to it every time.Special Features:
- DisappointedJiimVIPDined on 4/25/2014While the service was very good we were very disappointed in the food. St. Augustine has so many good restaurants this one just did not meet the standard.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/22/2014Very good German food as well as excellent fish entree. Dessert Black Forest cake was as a good as any bakery in New. York would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous evening!CmmargaretDined on 4/15/2014Loved our evening at Le Pavillion! The food was fabulous! Wonderful selection of dishes and everything we tried was delicious...fron the escargot to the veal to the duck! Will definately go back if ever in St Augustine again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real Gem in St Augustine.BrianDined on 4/5/2014A real Gem in St Augustine. Good food, excellent service and reasonable pricing. Will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was of inconsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/4/2014The food was of inconsistent quality. My husband had a great boulibaisse while my veal oscar was barely edible. Would not return. Too many better restaurants in St. Augustine.Special Features:
- Wonderful findNancyDined on 4/3/2014We just happened to be in a hotel across the street so we checked the menu online. It sounded like it would please all 4 of us so we made our reservation. We were totally happy with our choice. All our meals were delish and the portion size was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old world charmJohnJanetDined on 3/17/2014The lamb is the way to go. Go for the eggs on the schnitzel. Service was awesome!Special Features:
- The food is good but not fantastic.beachguyDined on 3/5/2014The food is good but not fantastic. Price is reasonable. Only distraction was a guy at the next table on his cell phone, but he left shortly after, He obviously didn't see the sign to turn cell phones off when he came in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clean and friendly plentywildbillDined on 3/1/2014Clean and friendly plenty of off street parking even with the carnival going on just down the street. Next time I will try the lamb but the prime rib was so large, found it necessary to ask for a too go box. Thanks for enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but nothing speciallynnrDined on 2/15/2014Food was good but nothing special for the price $$$. We will probably try this restaurant one more time (we live close by) to select different menu options but there are better choices in St Augustine.
- Old town charmJoshDined on 2/15/2014On this, my first visit to Le Pavillon, I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food, and the quiet charm of the place. My companion had the lamb chops, and they were the very best I've ever had. Melted in your mouth, with flavor that was amazing and made me wish I had ordered them as well. Our server was prompt and firendly and the atmosphere was pleasant and quaint.Special Features:
- Classic MenuTonyaDined on 2/8/2014Classic German/French menu well executed. Geriatric clientele but wait staff energy level more than compensates. Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- room and server were VERY loudOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/1/2014good food asalways, morefrequently go there for lunch or when its not so crowded--but the noise level in the front room where we were Saturday night was TOO loud. Server (who wasthe bartender--standing in) [apparently they were short staffed, was polite but seemed to be shouting--we could hear him from acrossthe room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Eurpean FairbillykDined on 1/28/2014We liked the variations of schnitzel. They do it up right. And The Black Forest Cake......to die for!Special Features:
- Good Experiencedreamcake4Dined on 1/20/2014Met all of our expectations. Would go again and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been eating here for yearsFlaAmyDined on 1/18/2014For the last 20 years we make sure to eat here about twice a year. Its always a nice evening, They are not the trendiest place, but the food is solid and consistent. Our favorites are the duckling, rack of lamb and Bouillabaisse. They are a family owned restaurant and really make an effort to please. An entrée here is a full and satisfying dish and we also leave with plans to return.Special Features: