17 Rue Saint-Stanislas
Quebec, QC G1R 4G7Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: CAN$51 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.lepatriarche.com/
- Phone: 4186925488
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday & Sunday: 5:30 pm - 10:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30 pm - 10:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wild Game, French
- Executive Chef: Stéphane Roth
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant
A word from Le Patriarche
Nestled in the heart of Old Québec near the Saint-Jean Gate, with its 4 diamonds,the Patriarche beckons with its intimate setting and the refined décor of a beautiful, circa 1827 stone house. Inside, you'll discover that good things come in threes, as executive chef Stéphane Roth shares his creativity with his celebrated "trilogies from the terroir"Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Le Patriarche reviews from OpenTable diners
- Delectable TreatsLillybearDined on 1/25/2014This is a very romantic, cozy restaurant with a elegantly earthy kind of feel. Service was very efficient and friendly. Food is served in groups of three items. This a wonderful way of sampling a lot of unusual and delicious preparations -- and experience some of Quebec's traditional fare. The main floor, where we were seated, has only about 6 tables, a good distance apart from each other. Found the restaurant a little cold, but it was a very cold weekend when we visited Quebec. Reservations probably required. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no better dining experience!LiLKidneysDined on 12/24/2013everything about Patriarche was fantastic. the service and pacing was impeccable, the setting romantic, the food awe inspiring. we dined in three of the top 5 rated restaurants in Quebec, and Patriarche was by far the best. So to me it is the best in Quebec. It was also the most expensive dinner I have ever had. But since it was the best dining experience of my life, I would say it was worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French dining but with a twistFuzzyBeaverVIPDined on 11/9/2013This a restaurant of threes. So every course features the same food item but prepared three ways. It sounds odd but really works well. Each course is a culinary adventure and all wonderful. Not your typical French dining but it works. The staff are exceptionally professional and deliver great service. The wine recommendations were perfect for the meals. The interior of the restaurant is wonderful with stone walls, etc. Very quiet and inviting. As a nice touch, the server comes to door and provides the coats and wishes you well. The prices are steep yet a worthwhile experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This fine dining establishmentbuckeyechemDined on 11/8/2013This fine dining establishment is unique because each plate takes the signature "trilogy" approach of three different preparations that complement each other. The food is outstanding with deep flavors and is artistically presented. The wait staff is attentive and friendly without being overbearing or intrusive. Our server also made excellent suggestions for our wine choice. My only complaint is that the kitchen was slow getting the food out and there were inappropriately long delays between some of our courses. Glorious food but be prepared to be at the restaurant for a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favoritejuddDined on 11/2/2013We always reserve at Patriarche on our annual trips to Quebec City. We enjoy the ambiance, the service, and the imaginative presentation and taste of the trilogies. A thoroughly enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulKenfamDined on 10/24/2013A very nice and unique restaurant with remarkable service, food and wonderful ambiance. Each entree was a work of art and tasted as good as it looked. If you try the fixed menu option, which I highly suggest, be sure to include the wine pairing. A great find in Quebec city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experience!xoxofoodxoxoDined on 10/22/2013We celebrate our wedding anniversary here! The food was exquisite and the service was amazing. Highly recommended for special occasion.Special Features:
- A beautiful, unpretentiousRhavenVIPDined on 10/16/2013A beautiful, unpretentious setting with a very good - although not overwhelming - wine list. We enjoyed the meal so much that we seriously considered cancelling plans the next night and the night after that to go back. If I lived in Quebec City I might eat there once a week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TrilogyQuebecFoodieDined on 10/16/2013At La. Patriarche every plate is served in a trilogy, in other words of you order scallops they are served three ways, same with dessert, if you want chocolate, you will have a beautiful plate with three different chocolate desserts. The service is lovely, although at times it felt to us that there were too many decisions to make...the ambience is old world French, very cozy, a tiny place. Great for a special dinner....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive terrible wine!!AndypandiDined on 10/12/2013The food is good, the service great but definetely extremely pricey. We ordered a Bordeaux wine and it was a cheap French wine that they sell as a gem. There are much better options in Quebec for half the price.Special Features:
- Phenomenal! A MUST for Foodies!LuvGreatFoodVIPDined on 10/12/2013Honestly, neither words nor photos can describe our fabulous experience here. Warning: go hungry, or you won't be able to enjoy it all! We both ordered the game meat tasting menu, with wine pairings. The presentation and preparation were innovative, beautiful, and absolutely scrumptious. As an added bonus, they were totally accommodating of my husband's need for a gluten free meal...even providing excellent gluten free bread. Speaking of bread, although I usually resist the urge to fill up on bread, their cheddar and bacon roll was indescribably good. This is a restaurant not to be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very special dinnerShelVIPDined on 10/11/2013We felt that although the restaurant was elegant, they made us feel like we were important. Each dish was presented with one food item prepared three different ways and it was displayed beautifully. We decided on the prix fixe menu so that we could enjoy more of what was offered. The meal was spread out over about 2 1/2 to 3 hours and was so leisurely that we were able to make an evening out of it. It was a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic spot, complicated foodBostonfoodieVIPDined on 10/11/2013We enjoyed a lovely meal here. Beautiful exposed brick and old beams. Small, intimate rooms. The food was innovative and provided many different tastes on one plate. All were good, some excellent. Overall perhaps a bit too complex. Still a great experience and we would happily return. One thing to note-- this is not quick! 2 hours for 2 courses. This is common in Quebec fine dining but good to be prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A unique experience for whichMayorDVIPDined on 10/11/2013A unique experience for which the entire evening actually exceeded FIVE STARS. Keep it up my friends.Special Features:
- The Best!BernieDined on 10/4/2013An absolutely wonderful dining experience - ambiance, service, presentation and the extraordinary culinary tastes. We can not wait to gi back!Special Features:
- Very good , but it took forever ...AlexDined on 10/3/2013The food was good , the staff perfect , the ambience outstanding , but it was very expensive and it took us 2,5 hours to have our dinner !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb food and service -OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2013Superb food and service - we would definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Meal! Excellent service!!JeffNicoleDined on 9/22/2013We celebrated our 12th Anniversary on Saturday night and we had an amazing experience at Le Patriarche. From the food to the table side service everything was out of this world. Thank you so much!!Special Features:
- Wonderful restaurant.RMACDined on 9/15/2013We had a thoroughly enjoyable evening at Le Patriarche. The restaurant is small, beautiful & cozy. The service was impeccable. The food was delicious. The food presentations were amazing. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Wow!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2013The food is fantastic, the service professional but warm, the ambiance quiet, elegant and cozy. We enjoyed our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/31/2013The restaurant was really cute, tucked in a quiet street off of a busy shopping area (Rue St. Jean). We had a dinner reservation at 5:30 and were promptly greeted/seated. The waitstaff were friendly and accommodating. The dinner took over 2 hours but it was filled with so many beautiful surprises. The presentation, the food, the ambiance... everything was perfect times three!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinary!YummyDined on 8/24/2013This restaurant had a menu that was incredibly unique! Everything was in "trio" - 3 versions meat, fish, etc. You could have a 3 choice or 5 choice meal - the latter a fixed price. The food was elegantly served and the presentation was beyond reproach. We have never eaten such amazing food prepared in ways that could only be considered art. The service was impeccable. Very quiet, very romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative food and perfect serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2013The restaurant serves intriguing food, made with high attention to detail. We especially liked the lamb as well as the "death by chocolate dessert". We were also happy with the wine pairings. The services was attentive and excellent, to the point that the owner droveus home himself as no taxis were available in the heavy showers that fell onto town. Not cheap (we spent a bit more than CAD 400, but definetly worth the money.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experience.PauloDined on 8/17/2013We picked Le Patriarche to celebrate our 50th Wedding Anniversary, and we are so glad we did. This is a world class restaurant. The service from beginning to end was excellent, and made for a welcoming and relaxing dining experience. The meal was exceptional and the menu inventive. This was our first visit to Le Patriarch and we would recommend without hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing food, ok serviceKarinaDined on 8/16/2013I would recommand for the food quality and would go back but the service was very normal....suprising considering how much you pay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExtraordinaryKlsrdDined on 8/14/2013We love wonderful food and it is hard to make us stop and say WOW, but this restaurant exceeded all of our expectations on every level. The food, presentation, creativity, and ambience were exceptional. The service was impeccable and the restaurant itself was beautiful. Yes, it was pricey, but for a 3 hr dinner of this caliber, it was well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded high expectationsJimFromPADined on 8/10/2013We picked Le Patriarche for a romantic dinner to celebrate a birthday. Not being from Quebec City and wanting to reserve a great place in advance of the weekend trip, I checked out online reviews and decided on Le Patriarche. We arrived on time for our reservation and were seated immediately near a second floor window with a nice view of the historic street below. Service was prompt and cordial. Our server was an expert guide to the interesting menu of locally sourced produce and proteins. We selected the chef's trio tasting menu "Les Eux-Autres" at a fixed price. Each of the five courses arrived with perfect timing. We never felt rushed. The flavors were exquisite and presentation was first rate. I recommend it without hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food; Glacial deliveryJetsetDinerVIPDined on 8/4/2013Wonderful menu. Each course comes prepared 3 ways. The tasting menus are well balanced. The restaurant is not that big. The night I was there, it was only half full. Nonetheless, it took 1 1/4 hours to get our appetizers. There were 2 other couples that waited just as long. After that, the food came out at an appropriate pace. I understand that all the food is cooked as ordered, but the wait was unacceptable. Furthermore, no one came out to apologize. Water glasses were not filled promptly. At these prices, service should be prompt but deferential and food should come out at a reasonable pace.Special Features:
- Last night in QuebecOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2013If you are a fine diner you will be very happy going to Le Patriarche. We both had the prix fixe, with foie gras, and the wine adder. One of the top 3 meals I've ever had and I'm in my 50's!. The service was outstanding, very professional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstandinglcanta2Dined on 7/28/2013Wow, what a dinner! We have eaten at many of the finest restaurants throughout the northeastern US and Patriarche ranks among the best. We each had a pre fix meal along with the foie gras and an outstanding bottle of Niagra Syrah. If your in QC and are searching for an outstanding evening, look no further.Special Features:
- Sophisticated and CreativeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2013This is a special place and what comes from the kitchen is wonderful. The trilogy concept, while not unique, is certainly very interesting. It takes time to prepare so do not be in a hurry. The wait is worth it. Staff is professional, ambiance is charming and the overall experience is terrificSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/24/2013Le Patriarche was a very good start to our first trip to Quebec City. The food was presented well and the service was excellent. We loved the room with our table by the window onto the street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- July 23, 2013KkkkenDined on 7/23/2013We took 5 friends to Le Patriarche to celebrate our 25th anniversary and my retirement. It was an excellent choice, our friends agreed that it was the best meal they had ever had. Each course was three very different variations of the selected item, each presented artfully. The wine pairings were well done. Expensive but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular, flawless executionagchocDined on 7/22/2013Great concept, terrific ingredients, top-notch execution. This restaurant compares favorably with Le Bernadin (NYC). We were unfamiliar with most of the available wines, but the several we had were excellent and went well with the various dishes. Many aspects of our meal were outstanding, but the trilogy of young buffalo (tartare, capaccio and terrine) narrowly beat out the lamb as the best dish of the night. One note: Open Table gave us a later reservation than we really needed, so perhaps just show up a little early. (We were there on a Monday night.) Also, service was a tiny bit on the slow side (very French), but the food more than made up for it. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Brilliant - highlight of our stayfrancoismdlhDined on 7/19/2013The “trilogies from the terroir" is a wonderful way to experience the range of styles and tastes offered by this upscale restaurant in Old Quebec. I highly recommend the wine service with your meal, which matches each course with the perfect wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique and outstandingAdmiralDined on 7/17/2013My boyfriend had the trio of pate' and he was in heaven. It was the best appetizer he has EVER had and we have been to some amazing restaurants. I had the trio of game meats - all very very unique, tasty and completely different from anything I have had before. Eating this way - small portions with a variety of tastes - I think we ate less and felt fuller! It was a very special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ecxellent restaurantMalibuahVIPDined on 7/9/2013Quebec has some great restaurants and this one it definitely in the top rankingsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great nightcaththebratDined on 7/7/2013It was my second time at Le Patriarche and I would for sure be coming back. In this antique building, the chef has come up with a menu that respects the spirit of that place. The trilogy concept felt right for me and was also well executed. The service was outstanding and made us feel like we were super important clients that night.Special Features:
- Fabulous Old Town DiningPrincessrowenaDined on 7/4/2013We had a super meal at Le Patriarche. The chef's creations were innovative, delicious and beautifully presented. The service was wonderful. Attentive, timely, but not overbearing. We have food allergies and the staff were able to accommodate us and make us feel safe. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Diners are treated to coursesBCDinersDined on 6/27/2013Diners are treated to courses that have been prepared in three different ways resulting in an evening of culinary delights. From appy through dessert you will experienced three excellently prepared but different tastes and textures of your selections. Couple this with a menu that features a significant portion of game and one is taken on a culinary adventure that is memorable, delicious, and well worth the price.Special Features: