1312 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10128Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.leparisbistrot.com/
- Phone: (212) 289-0997
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Patrick Laurent
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering options are available.
- Private Party Facilities: A fee is charged for the rental of the site and meals are offered according to budget per person.
- Private Party Contact: Patrick or Carmen 2122890997
A word from Le Paris
Formerly known as Bistro du Nord, the owner P. Laurent has re-invented the decor, food, and ambiance, creating a delightfully modern Parisian style bistro, "Le Paris." The menu offers new and improved dishes as well as the previous three course Pre-Theater Menu, served 5-7p.m. daily. The classic bistro fare includes duck confit, moules marinieres, steak tartar, grilled black angus au poivre, Kobe burger, lamb shank, calf liver, oysters, as well as a tempting fromage du jour and a large selection of wines by the glass or bottle at very reasonable prices. In addition, you can prepare your own fish or meat dishes, "simply done" with a choice of sauce and garnitures. At "Le Paris" you will feel transported to a romantic riverside table in Paris, complete with strains of music francaise and twinkling candlelight - a truly memorable dinning experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Le Paris reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (43)fit for foodies (19)romantic (14)special occasion (11)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (7)notable wine list (4)good for groups (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Where you from? WisconsinGoodbutnotgoodenoughVIPDined on 11/25/2014How do you say, mediocre. Ok if you are hungry, otherwise try any place else.
- What a GREAT restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2014We were in New York City for our first ever visit and were delighted to find this marvelous restaurant. The service was very attentive without being obtrusive, The wine list was not extensive, had nice selections and was very fairly priced. The food was great, my duck was done perfectly and my wife had the lamb shank. Save room for the apple tart, easily the best we ever had--even in France.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favoriteNickCDined on 11/12/2014This is my favorite French bistro in New York. It has replaced the old La Goulue in my heart. It's traditional bistro with a twist that never fails to please the palate and is packed every night with people from the neighborhood. May it stay where it is forever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little GemCharlottesmumDined on 11/11/2014Cozy soppy for a French meal. Service was terrific. Good was very good. Would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RodneyVIPDined on 11/9/2014My favorite place in Carnegie Hill. A real French bistro, run by French people. Menu has choices for all with daily specials that are always worth paying attention to. It is simply an outstanding, friendly, charming, pleasant place to dine, especially if you are going on to the Guggenheim or 92Y.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tight spaceRSR1VIPDined on 11/7/2014The food and service is good overall but the restaurant is extremely tight. Was surprised to learn there isn't a cheese plate on the menu given it's a french bistro. Also, the server handed the check which was $185 for two without the check holder, is that professional? We will not go back until the over cramped space is addressed and some of the wait staff is properly trained.Special Features:
- Service was veerrry slow..diner4everVIPDined on 10/28/2014We had show tickets and told them when we sat down .it took an hour to bring the entrees out; We rushed through dinner and left.bmy husband had no time for the dessert included in his Prix fixe and they didn't even offer to pack it up for him. I had the escargot and frogs legs but both sauces were not garlicky enough and a bit oily instead of buttery. Not terrible but not great. Many other restaurant choices on this street.
- Great pre-theater offeringb3ckDined on 10/25/2014For $19.95 you get three courses, all very good. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paris in New YorkStephanieDined on 10/24/2014This restaurant is actually nicer than some of the ones I've been to in Paris, as far as ambiance and certainly for service. The only problem is that it is very small, especially on the main floor, so you are better off sitting upstairs. The food was on a par with French food, and they had a good variety. We will be back!Special Features:
- Authentic French BistroRWBGWCHVIPDined on 10/22/2014We lived in Paris for 4 years. Le Paris is as close as you can come to an authentic French Bistro in NYC. Great Terrine de Canard , Cassoullet, Jaret dAgneau---all the standards well doneI would recommend this to a friend.
- EDDIEDined on 10/13/2014pleasantly surprised. food was better than antincipated. service was friendly.Special Features:
- Perfect little lunch placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/13/2014My parents love coming here when they are visiting me from California; my dad says its the best french onion soup he has ever had. For this time around (I think this is my 3rd or 4th time here), my fiance had their express lunch which came with a large bowl of their soup of the day, an omelette with pomme frites and creme caramel for desert and he loved it. I tasted the creme caramel and it was awesome. My dad had the french onion soup and a burger and he loved that too. I on the other hand have had other items on the menu and this time I tried the mussels and I wasn't very pleased - I removed many of them and put them in the broth so that my family wouldn't feel bad that I didn't enjoy my lunch. I love mussels, but these were not good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinary evening at Le PariscritiqueomaticDined on 10/8/2014My husband and I were in New York for a few days. We were delighted to find a small, welcoming place in a lively neighborhood within walking distance of our hotel. The waiter/bartender/host spoke with a beautiful accent, and was attentive and very helpful. In other places, one can feel rushed, but at Le Paris, we felt so comfortable throughout the dinner. We ordered cocktails, and the Manhattan was the best we've ever had in Manhattan or anywhere. The food (Branzino and Filet Mignon, both specials that night) were perfectly prepared. The restaurant's decor added much to the warm feeling. (chalkboard calligraphy, framed photos, etc.) We have visited Paris, and this was a lovely way to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionNickCDined on 10/7/2014I loved this place immediately. The interior is warm and evokes my favorite things in Paris. The staff is welcoming. The menu is traditional bistro food done with unique twists and great style. The prices are neither high nor low and all reasonable. I would gladly eat here once a week for the rest of my life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic ExperienceOregonVisitorDined on 9/30/2014My husband and I relived our evenings in France over many years at this charming spot. The service was gracious and accommodating and the menu offerings transported us back to past travels. Best of all, the food lived up to our expectations - very authentic! Space is at a premium here but the staff and other patrons all take that into account and we had a most comfortable dining experience. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch, great serviceUncleBernieVIPDined on 9/28/2014So many good choices, and a willingness to accommodate everyone.Special Features:
- RodneyVIPDined on 9/22/2014A genuine french bistro with a wonderful french staff and a nice menu with sufficient breadth to satisfy all tastes. It is a neighborhood place but first time visitors feel welcome. Convenient to 92Y and the Guggenheim .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le ParisInMyOpinionDined on 9/19/2014This is a small neighborhood restaurant and that is its only fault. However, while it is a bit cramped, the dining experience was wonderful. The service is outstanding and the food is excellent. We were there for my oldest son's birthday and we enjoyed ourselves thoroughly and I would recommend it to all.Special Features:
- Good basic french bistroParisinNYCDined on 9/15/2014Comfortable even for dining alone. You feel like you are in Paris. Would go back if I am in Carnegie Hill and with in 10 block of the Museum of the City of New York.Special Features:
- Wish the food was better.Paris, NYCFoodwomanVIPDined on 9/9/2014The quality of the steak was disappointing...seemed not grass fed, as noted, but processed. Love the atmosphere and vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Beef TartarNCgirlVIPDined on 9/5/2014This is a small restaurant with an EXTREMELY HOT ladies room, at least 110 degrees, I feared I would faint, and very, very tiny. I ordered French Onion Soup and sauteed scallops; the soup was ok but not strong on flavor as it was made with a vegetarian broth, and the four scallops were ok also but nothing I would order again. I did not feel the bread was worth the calories and; La Bonne Soup, our favorite French bistro, has good bread. My husband's tartar was delicious; I do not usually eat it, but he had so much, he kept feeding it to me and I willingly helped him finish it. The lemon tart was very tart. The restaurant was completely full and thus service was somewhat slow, however the food came out in a timely manner once it was ordered.
- Charming FrenchOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/21/2014Nice three-course lunch for $18.95. Well prepared crepes and creme caramel. If you are looking for a traditional taste of France, this is a safe choice.Special Features:
- Good Food, Great ServicePothedinerVIPDined on 8/9/2014We have eaten here many times and it nerved disappoints. Good French food and great service. Small intimate neighbor restaurant with a touch of Paris. Onion soup, artichoke excellent appetizers. Will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 351 reviews are from the Le Paris reviews archive.
- Pleasant French diningSarabeeDined on 7/23/2014We went to celebrate my daughter's birthday. Her nine year old came, too. The menu isn't exactly kid-oriented but she loved the chocolate cake for dessert. We were early so chose items from the pre-theatre menu which is quite a bargain. My salad was good, with just enough dressing to make the frisee appealing. My burger was delicious and prepared very well. A pleasant experience altogether.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Le ParisDougVIPDined on 7/19/2014Le Paris is one of our neighborhood go-to restaurants because of its consistently good food and relatively moderate prices. My only gripe (a modest one) is that sometimes specials can be surprisingly expensive. Still, you might think you were in Paris with the mostly French staff and inviting, cozy atmosphere. Desserts are uniformly great. I can't say I've ever gotten a bad meal here.Special Features:
- A Touch of ParisPothedinerVIPDined on 6/28/2014I always feel I'm dining in Paris. Never disappointed. Good food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great lamb shankWineBarDined on 6/21/2014So soft and tender. Amazing flavor. The wines are accurately priced too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!KdiningVIPDined on 6/16/2014Our waitress was very kind to us and we even got a taste of our wine before our glasses were served. All dishes were well made.Special Features:
- we picked the wrong dayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/6/2014we have been there many times...today there was a party of young girls from a nearby school celebrating the end of the school year. The noise level was intolerable upstairs. They were able to reseat us downstairs after a brief delay. Much better. We have enjoyed it in the past and will certainly go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wasn't impressedautumnDined on 6/4/2014Went there for lunch and ordered the prix-fix. There were 2 eyelashes (or very short hair) in my salad, and although I informed the server, there was only a quick apology and nothing more. I expected an offer of a replacement or a partial refund. The pasta was very oily. My friend's ordered seemed to be fine though. The place is quiet, small and sweet, but I won't be going back due to poor service.Special Features:
- AdorableOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/26/2014This is a sweet cafe that we enjoy at least once a month. Reasonable prices and wonderful good and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great valueParapluDined on 5/23/2014Their $20 3 course meal is an outstanding value. We loved the onion soup and main courses as well as the great dessert. A nice selection of items and a great valueI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local French bistroPickyEaterVIPDined on 5/3/2014Accommodating, friendly, every course on target. Nice moderate wine selectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint bistroOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/2/2014Cute little french restaurant in the upper east side. Mussels with fries good but needed more seasoning. Service was fine but it's very close quarters. Tables side by side..hard to talk.Special Features:
- anxious to close upkalefatigueVIPDined on 4/30/2014Had an okay meal, arriving at 8pm, but felt rather rushed from the start. Our waitress was repeatedly ready for our order way before we were, and it was not until I noticed the staff emptying the cash register/whatever it was, at the bar, that I realized we were the last there and it was 9pm. All eyes upon us, it was time to go and let them go home. Nice neighborhood place but never after 8 on a weeknight!
- Lovely dining in the UESOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/24/2014Every time we go to Le Paris we have a wonderful time! The staff is very helpful, the food is consistently good, the place is very intimate. The balcony is specially charming, it feels like the Left Bank!Special Features:
- loved the brunchmomofhnrDined on 4/22/2014Went there for sunday brunch with my 3 sisters. The food was excellent service was great. My sisters from other states enjoyed everything the restaurant offered. Thank you!Special Features:
- A Feel of ParisPothedinerVIPDined on 4/19/2014Great neighborhood restaurant and a feel of Paris. Food is always good as is the service. Special salmon appetizer was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le Paris a winnerRodneyVIPDined on 4/13/2014Le Paris is the genuine article, a real French bistro run by French people. Eclectic menu with a good variety of choices. Everything well prepared and presented. Very friendly service offered to both regulars (of whom there are a lot) and newcomers alike. A true neighborhood gem. Convenient to the Guggenheim and 92Y among other museums nearby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/11/2014Sitting by the open window onto 5th avenue on a balmy spring night, my husband and I had a lovely dining experience at le Paris. Both of us had an excellently prepared fish main course and fresh salad starter. Portions were perfectly sized, the service was gracious, and there was a nice selection of wines by the glass. We also loved the cozy , rustic, casually elegant ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.