1312 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10128Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.leparisbistrot.com/
- Phone: 2122890997
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Patrick Laurent
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering options are available.
- Private Party Facilities: A fee is charged for the rental of the site and meals are offered according to budget per person.
- Private Party Contact: Patrick or Carmen 2122890997
A word from Le Paris
Formerly known as Bistro du Nord, the owner P. Laurent has re-invented the decor, food, and ambiance, creating a delightfully modern Parisian style bistro, "Le Paris." The menu offers new and improved dishes as well as the previous three course Pre-Theater Menu, served 5-7p.m. daily. The classic bistro fare includes duck confit, moules marinieres, steak tartar, grilled black angus au poivre, Kobe burger, lamb shank, calf liver, oysters, as well as a tempting fromage du jour and a large selection of wines by the glass or bottle at very reasonable prices. In addition, you can prepare your own fish or meat dishes, "simply done" with a choice of sauce and garnitures. At "Le Paris" you will feel transported to a romantic riverside table in Paris, complete with strains of music francaise and twinkling candlelight - a truly memorable dinning experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Le Paris reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (26)special occasion (10)romantic (10)great for brunch (9)great for lunch (7)fit for foodies (6)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Charming FrenchOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/21/2014Nice three-course lunch for $18.95. Well prepared crepes and creme caramel. If you are looking for a traditional taste of France, this is a safe choice.Special Features:
- Good Food, Great ServicePothedinerVIPDined on 8/9/2014We have eaten here many times and it nerved disappoints. Good French food and great service. Small intimate neighbor restaurant with a touch of Paris. Onion soup, artichoke excellent appetizers. Will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant French diningSarabeeDined on 7/23/2014We went to celebrate my daughter's birthday. Her nine year old came, too. The menu isn't exactly kid-oriented but she loved the chocolate cake for dessert. We were early so chose items from the pre-theatre menu which is quite a bargain. My salad was good, with just enough dressing to make the frisee appealing. My burger was delicious and prepared very well. A pleasant experience altogether.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Le ParisDougVIPDined on 7/19/2014Le Paris is one of our neighborhood go-to restaurants because of its consistently good food and relatively moderate prices. My only gripe (a modest one) is that sometimes specials can be surprisingly expensive. Still, you might think you were in Paris with the mostly French staff and inviting, cozy atmosphere. Desserts are uniformly great. I can't say I've ever gotten a bad meal here.Special Features:
- A Touch of ParisPothedinerVIPDined on 6/28/2014I always feel I'm dining in Paris. Never disappointed. Good food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great lamb shankWineBarDined on 6/21/2014So soft and tender. Amazing flavor. The wines are accurately priced too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!KdiningVIPDined on 6/16/2014Our waitress was very kind to us and we even got a taste of our wine before our glasses were served. All dishes were well made.Special Features:
- we picked the wrong dayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/6/2014we have been there many times...today there was a party of young girls from a nearby school celebrating the end of the school year. The noise level was intolerable upstairs. They were able to reseat us downstairs after a brief delay. Much better. We have enjoyed it in the past and will certainly go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wasn't impressedautumnDined on 6/4/2014Went there for lunch and ordered the prix-fix. There were 2 eyelashes (or very short hair) in my salad, and although I informed the server, there was only a quick apology and nothing more. I expected an offer of a replacement or a partial refund. The pasta was very oily. My friend's ordered seemed to be fine though. The place is quiet, small and sweet, but I won't be going back due to poor service.Special Features:
- AdorableOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/26/2014This is a sweet cafe that we enjoy at least once a month. Reasonable prices and wonderful good and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great valueParapluDined on 5/23/2014Their $20 3 course meal is an outstanding value. We loved the onion soup and main courses as well as the great dessert. A nice selection of items and a great valueI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local French bistroPickyEaterVIPDined on 5/3/2014Accommodating, friendly, every course on target. Nice moderate wine selectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint bistroOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/2/2014Cute little french restaurant in the upper east side. Mussels with fries good but needed more seasoning. Service was fine but it's very close quarters. Tables side by side..hard to talk.Special Features:
- The following 339 reviews are from the Le Paris reviews archive.
- anxious to close upkalefatigueVIPDined on 4/30/2014Had an okay meal, arriving at 8pm, but felt rather rushed from the start. Our waitress was repeatedly ready for our order way before we were, and it was not until I noticed the staff emptying the cash register/whatever it was, at the bar, that I realized we were the last there and it was 9pm. All eyes upon us, it was time to go and let them go home. Nice neighborhood place but never after 8 on a weeknight!
- Lovely dining in the UESOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/24/2014Every time we go to Le Paris we have a wonderful time! The staff is very helpful, the food is consistently good, the place is very intimate. The balcony is specially charming, it feels like the Left Bank!Special Features:
- A Feel of ParisPothedinerVIPDined on 4/19/2014Great neighborhood restaurant and a feel of Paris. Food is always good as is the service. Special salmon appetizer was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le Paris a winnerRodneyVIPDined on 4/13/2014Le Paris is the genuine article, a real French bistro run by French people. Eclectic menu with a good variety of choices. Everything well prepared and presented. Very friendly service offered to both regulars (of whom there are a lot) and newcomers alike. A true neighborhood gem. Convenient to the Guggenheim and 92Y among other museums nearby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/11/2014Sitting by the open window onto 5th avenue on a balmy spring night, my husband and I had a lovely dining experience at le Paris. Both of us had an excellently prepared fish main course and fresh salad starter. Portions were perfectly sized, the service was gracious, and there was a nice selection of wines by the glass. We also loved the cozy , rustic, casually elegant ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go once and you will return.BabsVIPDined on 4/5/2014This is a lovely French restaurant with excellent food. Whether you choose to go for dinner, lunch, pre-theater price fixe or weekend lunch, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- This Special is truly special!beallVIPDined on 3/3/2014The shrimp & risotto special doesn't show up all that often, but when it does, don't miss it! It's outstanding...Special Features:
- Le ParisfoodieVIPDined on 2/28/2014This was my first time at Le Paris. It was a lovely experience, good food, service and atmosphere. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly neighborhood FrenchRodneyVIPDined on 2/23/2014Friendly neighborhood French bistro with French wait staff. The genuine article.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cramped and Rushed experience.HapppyhedgehogDined on 2/14/2014First and foremost the seating it like flying on a cheap airlines. You sit so close the the next table you have to get up and move so they can move themselves. The pictures and the menu from the website were not very accurate. Most menu items were almost double in price and the pictures showed a more spacious dinning room area. It really is a pain in the but to get up and move everytime your neighbor needs to get up or down. I was so surprised how FAST our food arrived. We were in and out of the restaurant within 35 mins. Again it was a rushed and cramped experience. I will not return.Special Features:
- Lunch on Valentine's DaynycDinerDined on 2/14/2014Very nice place. Have been there many times given how close it is to our home. Chef seems to have a very consistent issue with over-cooking steaks. Very nice prime steak was cooked through and dried out. Unfortunate.Special Features:
- "Best French toast"SivanDined on 2/8/2014Out-of-town friends visiting NY Metro wanted to meet for Sunday brunch at Sarabeth's, where we had eaten during their last visit. I suggested trying an alternative, across the street, based on a Yelp search. The two-floor Le Paris is cozy and intimate. Our little table next to the front window gave us a great people-watching experience. All three of us nearly licked our plates clean -- crepe savoyarde, scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and homemade French fries, and the "best French toast" that my friend had ever had. Good, strong coffee and espresso; warm, light baguette and butter served before the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intimate Piece of Paris on UESRichVIPDined on 2/7/2014Two couples, small table, energetic room, attentive service. Amazing prix fixe special, even with supplements, plus reasonable wine list, make for an easy, but elegant, evening in the neighborhood. Started with a beautifully steamed artichoke, and others had the oozing French onion soup. The steak was tasty and a reasonable size. Wife had the delicious chicken paillard , and friends enjoyed the mussels. The one I tried was plump and tender. The flourless chocolate cake is sensational, especially when combined with vanilla ice cream. Definitely adding Le Paris to our rotation.Special Features:
- Cheaper than a trip to ParisLive4foodVIPDined on 1/25/2014A Carnegie Hill gem. Very good restaurant which for a few hours will transport you to St.. Germain. Intimate, with good menu, warm atmosphere and good service. Tres Bien.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really goodRSR1VIPDined on 1/23/2014A very cute place with really good food! It's kind of nowhere but it's like a little haven tucked in the corner. Food was really good - they had a special beet salad which was very nice and steak was cooked perfect. The place is very small and they pack people in, but try the 2nd floor in front on the "mezzanine". Can't wait to go back
- A bit if ParisBrooklynDinerVIPDined on 1/20/2014Love my French food and Le Paris didn't disappoint. Particularly the coq au vin! It was prepared perfectly. The Sancerre was just fruity enough and served at the perfect temperature. The early evening prix fixe is so affordable, too. Will take another trip to Le Paris for the food, the attentive service and the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious French DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/13/2014Great spot for dinner after museum-going. Enjoyed the atmosphere and fine French food!Special Features:
- A find!WeezieDined on 1/12/2014We've lived in the neighborhood for 3 years, but somehow missed this wonderful, French restaurant. Great menu, fine food, good wines, prompt service, and charming ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upstairs/downstairsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/11/2014The downstairs is quite cute, but upstairs the the floor is bare cement that looks like it's in the middle of a renovation. Had to request the prix fixe menu at 6:45p with 15 mins to go. Food was delicious and a good value.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsPothedinerVIPDined on 12/28/2013Really nice neighborhood French Bistro. Feels like Paris. Good food and great service. Excellent onion soup and steak tartar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConvenientfreshfieldsVIPDined on 12/22/2013Nothing outstanding but very convenient if going to Jewish Museum which is a block away. Very small. Service good, but water for tea was cold, coffee was lukewarm. Best deal is for the prix fixed brunch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a good brunch at LeOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/15/2013We had a good brunch at Le Paris, the place is small but cozy and the omelettes are very good, the only thing we noticed that our waiter looked to be a bit unresponsive, rushed us and was somewhat rude to the waitress who seated us.
- Reliable neighborhood restaurantStafVIPDined on 12/1/2013Reliable neighborhood restaurant with very good food. A great standbySpecial Features:
- A simply outstanding neighborhoodRodneyVIPDined on 11/18/2013A simply outstanding neighborhood bistro. Food is not that complex, but very well prepared with fresh ingredients. Very pleasant french staff. Nice comfy feeling dining there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice enough spot, but theChrisVIPDined on 11/16/2013A nice enough spot, but the food was mediocre and expensive.
- Great neighborhood French bistroIRG510VIPDined on 11/15/2013Very good $20 prix fix dinner menu, 5-7pm. Great ambience and good service. Cozy setting, feels like you're getting out of the city. Grilled salmon, onion soup and chocolate cake very tasty. I recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a good neighborhood French bistro with nice, quiet and cozy ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paris in New YorkSteveNYCVIPDined on 11/13/2013This small, charming cafe is quite Parisian in decor and cuisine. The service is French yet friendly and all-in-all the entire experience delightful. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.