166 Bedford Rd
Toronto, ON M5R 2K9Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.leparadis.com/
- Phone: 4169210995
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Sunday & Monday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Tuesday - Friday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Le Paradis
Le Paradis is a French brasserie-bistro that brings together patrons from the surrounding neighborhoods of the Annex, Yorkville, Summerhill, Rosedale and Forest Hill. The menu changes daily, yet typical dishes include duck and chicken liver pate, beetroot and goat cheese salad, rabbit braised with onions, garlic and peppers, roast chicken with tarragon and veal kidneys in a port wine sauce. All desserts are made fresh in-house daily, including a selection of fruit tarts, chocolate mousse, ice cream and sorbet. Chalk boards displaying the daily features, French poster art and a checker-tiled floor combine to create cozy, intimate French bistro feel. Le Paradis boasts a diverse wine list and a quaint patio, on tree-lined Bedford Road.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Le Paradis - Best Restaurants in The Annex ›
Le Paradis reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (13)great for lunch (7)fit for foodies (7)great for brunch (5)romantic (5)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (4)good for groups (3)special occasion (2)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- TravellingmaxVIPDined on 8/5/2014Lunch was very pleasant. We had omelette and salade..all very good with a wonderful waitress who has been there for at least 15 years.Special Features:
- Le Paradis - superb, honest cookingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/7/2014This was our third time at Le Paradis and once again the food was superb. If you are looking for well prepared meals using good, fresh ingredients, and are less interested in paying for a view or a high priced interior decor, then this is for you. My only complaint is that its difficult to get short notice reservations at!....that tells you it is very popular in the local area.Special Features:
- Great Food/Tasty/CharmingSobeFoodieVIPDined on 6/29/2014This is a charming French cuisine cooking restaurant. Not far at all from downtown and yet it seems completely distanced from downtown. Located off a busy street on a residential street. Two levels indoors and two patios - one in front and one at the back, but each space is smallish.. Intimate place with exceptionally great food and food preparation. I even hate to write about how good it is, so that others don't start to over-populate it. Absolute wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- charmingAlCathVIPDined on 6/28/2014Le Paradis has two wonderful patios, front and back, plus plenty of nooks and crannies indoors for diners to tuck into. Service is gracious and friendly; the menu is varied. Salmon benedict is delicious and wine prices are among the best in the city. A nice place to seek out a little off the well-worn tourist path.Special Features:
- YorkvilleVIPDined on 6/22/2014Always charming and delicious - Le Paradis never disappoints. Their service is friendly and food is always fresh and great...from their fish to risotto and beef bourguignon. It is reasonably priced and they have a great wine menu as well.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014I had an an omelette - it was extremely well cooked - so were the french friesSpecial Features:
- The following 25 reviews are from the Le Paradis reviews archive.
- great brunchFoodie27VIPDined on 4/6/2014I loved that I could get a brunch reservation and parking close by on Sunday... le Paradis is tucked onto a little side street and really has a Parisian ambiance without being pretentious. Food is good and well priced. I'll definitely be back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- welcoming and relaxinggreentaraVIPDined on 3/28/2014always enjoy eating here. Some of my favourite dishes are the duck leg and the arctic char. I love that they are currently serving brussel sprouts and sun chokes as vegetable choices. Staff is knowledgeable and friendly. Atmosphere is fun and the food consistently good. Serves as late as 10 or 11 most nights…and I gather it's open from weekend brunch now...Special Features:
- Enjoyed it - againluvfoodDined on 3/23/2014Le Paradis enjoys consistency and everyone we've introduced to it says they'll go back. Service is always excellent, friendly, knowledgeable and pleasant. It's a restaurant we look forward to frequenting when we're downtown, as we do live in Thornhill.Special Features:
- Always excellent!ElleJayDined on 3/9/2014This is one of my favourite restaurants in Toronto. The food is consistently excellent and the service friendly, professional and knowledgeable. Le Paradis is a brasserie/bistro with typical European French dishes and a great wine list. Try the beet and arugula salad, and for a main course, the boneless short ribs bourguignon are to die for. If you like kidneys, and if they are on the menu that night, they are delicious too, and one of the very few places in Toronto serving them. Lemon tart for dessert is always wonderful. Reservations are a must. This is a very popular restaurant, and although they do have some unreserved tables available you will wait in line for them unless you go very early or quite late.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone downhill. Way downhill.MichaelSVIPDined on 2/25/2014Used to be an in spot. Prices reasonable: too reasonable for brasserie food--corners cut to achieve this price point. Many already-biodegraded baby greens in the beet salad. Too much sauce on the entrecôte, perhaps to hide an inferior grade of meat (yes, entrecote is fattier than most steak, but not THIS fatty--the fact that they warn you on the menu that it is a fattier cut of meat is suspicious). Duck confit was not crispy; cherry sauce overpowering. Frites battered (no!!!!). Desserts decent. The place has an unsettling "used" feel. (Trying not to use the subjective "grungy", as this may sounds desirable for some people...) Manager and waiters pleasant, but broody. Open later than most places, but it's time to shape up or ship out.Special Features:
- Always a pleasurePaulaDined on 2/24/2014Over the years that I have dined here, the quality of both the food and the service has been high, with very reasonable prices. A very French atmosphere, and a pleasure to return to, sometimes introducing it to family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodluvfoodDined on 2/16/2014As always, Le Paradis is consistently of high quality - in service, ambience, food and overall experience. It has become a favorite and go-to place for special, and even not-so-special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistantRtraub69VIPDined on 2/11/2014Food and service are always consistently good Noise level is moderate so that conversation is possible Food is excellent and the cost for the quality are very well priced Reservations are recommended as the place does not seat a lot of people.Special Features:
- Great brunchBBBBVIPDined on 2/9/2014Great service and a wonderful relaxing environment. Food was delicious and the prices can't be beat. We enjoyed the Kir Royale!Special Features:
- First time here it is just so soOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/1/2014Nothing really comes out as a surprise. Food is so so. Steak is a bit overcooked and salty. Place is quiet.
- Consistently delish and good valueMememeDined on 1/24/2014This place never changes, and why should it. It is always delicious. Nice atmosphere. I hope it never closes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Toronto Atlantan2AtlantansNTorontoDined on 10/14/2013We were there on Canada's Thanksgiving and it was more crowded than we expected. It was very lively, and once the large group moved to the back room, we got our food. Everyone in our party was very pleased with their dishes. We look forward to going back when it is a little less hectic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always satisfyingpld21VIPDined on 10/4/2013Just what a neighbourhood restaurant should be. Consistently good food, wonderful servers who remember you from last visit, extremely reasonable wine prices and a lovely atmosphere. Wish it was easier to get a table though. It's always busy.Special Features:
- Great for datew2d3r3rDined on 9/30/2013Took my date for their birthday. The place was really good but short of greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The neighbourhood's dining roomintrepid1406Dined on 9/29/2013This may have been my 1000th meal at Le Paradis. There's never been a bad one, ever. And recently, they've added quality/expense touches, especially in the fish part of their menu, without adding nearly as much cost as they added quality. The only problem is getting a reservation at the last minute...of course.Special Features:
- A Perfect EveningradiomantorDined on 9/10/2013I brought my wife here for her birthday. Everything from the greeting at the door, to the time we left was perfect. We took the cocktail suggestions, and they were spot on. We never felt neglected. The staff was very attentive, and the timings for each course of the meal were 'just right'. Thank you 'Le Paradis' for a wonderful evening!Special Features:
- Good food and great valueOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/28/2013First time at Le Paradis even though we have lived within minutes walk for 13 years. Always heard good things. Mostly and older crowd. Food was solid but not amazing. The value however was unbeatable. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Everything was tastey andmichelinVIPDined on 8/24/2013Everything was tastey and they did get us outside but the service was extremely slow. We will go back but not on Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2013Food was all on point, service was out of this world! A very pleasant evening at a busy but not too bustling restaurant. Prices are also outstanding for the quality of food. I've been many times and will return many more. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely French Bistro in Yorkville.NeighbourhoodfoodieDined on 8/1/2013Great salad nicoise. A great spot for lunch on a lovely day .. Outdoor patio is delightful. Service great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great patio dining at Le ParadisluvfoodDined on 7/21/2013Le Paradis is great favorite. Food and service are always pleasant and consistently good.Special Features:
- Great value & deliciously simpleHereandThereDined on 7/20/2013The value for the quality of the food is great, great spot to go for a family dinner. A neighbourhood gem. Patio in front and outback is nice if you want a quieter more serene meal. The service - depending on who you get, can be lacking and rushed at times. Customers will keep coming back for the value for quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food, Outstanding ServiceObbligattoDined on 7/20/2013We are from out of town. My friend had been to this restaurant a few times when he lived in Toronto and recommended it for our day trip. He was right! Neighborhood gem, packed with people and energy but not too loud. Staff were very friendly but casual not formal...sense of humours. Food was brought very quickly by a variety of staff all helping each other out to ensure great service. And it was delicious! Had the trout....tasty, moist...yum! If you are a huge foodie might think not enough variety or "unusual" ingredients but we would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectIlzeDined on 7/15/2013We went for a dinner to celebrate my husband's birthday. That was our first visit at Le Paradis but definitely not the last one. Everything was perfect - from food to service and ambience. Food was great - very delicious, traditional French, wine selection - good, prices - unbelievable. But over everything our night was made by people working there. We will always remember our first dinner at Le Paradis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't sit in the backviviVIPDined on 7/1/2013This used to be a nice spot to dine but the last few visits it's been going downhill. The service was mediocre and the gentleman had a somewhat negative disposition. The food wasn't as good as in the past and portions are getting stingier. We just hate being stuck in the back room.