Le Montréalais - Fairmont Le Reine Elizabeth
900 Rene Levesque Blvd, West
Montreal, QC H3B 4A5Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Le Montréalais - Fairmont Le Reine Elizabeth
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fairmont.com/queen-elizabeth-montreal/dining/le-montrealais/
- Phone: 5148613511x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Saturday 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Saturday breakfast buffet from 7:00 a.m. to noon
Sunday from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Sunday breakfast from 7:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
Sunday brunch as of 11:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Alain Pignard
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: A private room in our main restaurant offers natural light and a permanent buffet display ideal for engagement parties, baby or wedding showers or an afternoon tea group activity. Seats maximum 120 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Daniel Fornara 5149542261x
A word from Le Montréalais - Fairmont Le Reine Elizabeth
A favorite with the downtown crowd, Le Montréalais bistrot offers a mouth-watering menu featuring sunny Mediterranean cuisine, healthy salads, succulent grilled meats, fresh fish and luscious desserts in a lively, warm and inviting ambiance. For your business meetings or the pleasure of fine dining, our experienced team will provide attentive and efficient service to ensure you spend quality time in a relaxing setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Le Montréalais - Fairmont Le Reine Elizabeth - Best Restaurants in Montreal ›
Le Montréalais - Fairmont Le Reine Elizabeth reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (10)good for groups (9)fit for foodies (8)special occasion (8)romantic (6)great for lunch (6)notable wine list (4)neighborhood gem (4)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Excellent Service and FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2014Very good service and the food was very delicious and well presented. My food restrictions were addressed without issue and it was a memorable and enjoyable time overall.Special Features:
- BAD BAD WORSEMicheleDined on 8/26/2014This restaurant had to be the worst of all of Canada. Its inside of a nice hotel, but the restaurant needs overall especially with the food. Three of our dishes came out over cooked and dry. I would not recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Montreal's hot spotMichouDined on 8/6/2014The restaurant Le Montréalais is one of the best restaurants in Montréal.Special Features:
- Breakfast Buffet FindJeannieBeanieDined on 7/29/2014We enjoyed the variety and gourmet flair of the offerings served at the breakfast buffet....eggs hollandaise, omlette station, berries galore, cheeses, cereals, fresh smoked fish, delightful French pastries, sausage and bacon, quiche, bread pudding, toast, bagels, fruit mix including large juicy apricots, eggs poached, hard bioled or scrambled, with coffe, tea, and orange juice! Our only reservation would be to ask to keep some items a tad more "chaud". Service nwas very ngood and the price reasonable ($26). A la Carte also available. They also had for those on the go a $5 quickie breakfast pickup of fruit, pastry and coffee or tea which we found quite novel for a big hotel!Special Features:
- delicious find with French touchJeannieBeanieDined on 7/27/2014The food was a delight....try the prixe fixe dinner ...the selections offers a French touch that rivals any we have found in New York or Paris and the dessert bar is to die for! Service was excellent and a seat for two by the window affords you an opportunity to view city life go by. All this for a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodAnnickVIPDined on 7/20/2014French fare, very good, tasty, very good service as wellSpecial Features:
- Afternoon TeaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/29/2014My husband and I decided to try the afternoon tea at the Montrealais, and it was pretty good... I was a little disappointed that the finger sandwiches were open-faced, which made it harder to eat. Also, I found that the clotted cream portions were on the small side. The desserts and tarts were very yummy, and they even had a high chair for our baby to be included in our tea. The restaurant had a fair selection of teas, I would highly recommend the Queen Elizabeth or the Buckingham Palace teas.Special Features:
- NewOrleansHappyNeworleansfoodyDined on 6/18/2014Excellent food. Delicious fish, prime rib and salad bar. Desserts were heavenly, especially the chocolate mousse and cheesecake. Wine list had terrific Malbec and Pinot Noir. Exceptional service. Exceptional service. Queen Elizabeth a real fine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- riccardoDined on 6/2/2014enjoyable,excellent service the atmosphere was quiet and friendly and will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night OutSatisfaitDined on 5/31/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening, although we concluded that the success of our evening was due to the people who participated and that we didn't need to pay 400$ for an evening out. There are plenty of restaurants we could have gone to with the same quality of food and the same great service. The rack of lamb was still one of the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 95 reviews are from the Le Montréalais - Fairmont Le Reine Elizabeth reviews archive.
- A standardBirdyVIPDined on 4/21/2014Breakfast at Le Montrealias is a great habit I'd love to form :) Amazing selection of fruit, fantastic yogurt museli, I love the crepes, the pastry, and they always have plenty of healthy choices. Great service from the wait staff, and the same price as breakfast at some other restaurants! The buffet is well worth it for a breakfast to start your day.Special Features:
- Classy restaurantKitkatDined on 4/15/2014We ate at this restaurant once for dinner and once for breakfast during our stay at the Fairmont Queen Elizabeth. The food and service were both great. They have a beautiful dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nous sommes toujours enchantesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Nous sommes toujours enchantes de l'accueil et de la cuisine ! Merci !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not what i expectedAngelDined on 2/14/2014Had reservations for the Beaver Club, but it was closed for that week. So tried the Montrealais, it said on the net 'smart casual' dress code. They let anyone in with sweat pants, sport clothes etc...very disappointing for St Valentines. The food was okay. The dessert was not edible. It was a St Valentin menu. Service was great, but I would not go back again or recommend it. I mighttry to go back and try the Beaver.
- 2 hours of waiting !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014I made a reservation at 6:30 PM because we wanted to go somewhere after the restaurant but we ended up being there for like 3 hours !!!!! It took them 2 hours to bring us the main dish. People that came after us left before us ! VERY BAD SERVICE, NEVER GOING BACK
- Overpriced and Under-DeliveredFoodLover04Dined on 2/13/2014This meal was extremely overpriced for the amount of food and the quality of food. I don't mind paying money for a good meal but my burger was extremely over-cooked, they did not have Ranch Dressing, and my co-workers were also dissatisfied with their meal experience also.
- DisappointingsteveVIPDined on 12/29/2013Has been a while since I've attended brunch here and now I recall why. Too many people crammed in to a small space making it exceedingly difficult to access food from the buffet. I shall not return.
- La soupe n'était pas trèsMyselfDined on 12/24/2013La soupe n'était pas très chaude et la dinde était un peu sèche. Les tables de salades et de desserts sont toujours super.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/23/2013I had a mixed experience while dining at this restaurant. The front of house couldn't find my online reservation and ended up walking me through the restaurant looking for my dining companion who arrived before me. My French isn't perfect but I was trying to speak, despite the fact that he switched to English. When we entered one part of the the restaurant he said to me, "Your companion won't be in here- it's all Francophones.". I informed him that I had many Francophone friends and that, in fact, my companion was Francophone. The experience was deeply insulting. The waiter was amazing- friendly and courteous. The food was ambitious, looked beautiful and was fresh, but lacked flavour.
- One of Montreal's gemsAnd514Dined on 12/1/2013The brunch at 11:30 is fantastic -- the food is wonderful, the service friendly and as attentive as it can be for such a large crowd, and the price downright reasonable for the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like HomeJamesDined on 11/15/2013I have been frequenting Le Montrealais for 30+ years and have always received special treatment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fairmont Le Montrealais reviewCat27Dined on 11/9/2013Jacques the manager is very nice and courteous. The waiter made a mistake, and Jacques apologizes right away.Special Features:
- Not worth the priceetaylorDined on 11/8/2013The food was very good but the decor, ambiance and everything that should go with it didn't confer. Sadly, even though the quality of the food we ate was over my standards, dining is an experience and part of it was lacking.Special Features:
- Best BrunchMickieDined on 10/27/2013As usual the food was great, service exceptional & price reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High teaTellierhDined on 10/24/2013This is a great place for an afternoon business meeting for high tea. Service is great, and the presentation is special. Great teas too !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Window views are bestDiningoutVIPDined on 10/13/2013For taking in the activity outside, the hustle and bustle of the city, and a great view of the restaurant as well. When busy the restaurant offers an area upstairs as well as a private room for special dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoritesDiningoutVIPDined on 10/11/2013Its more the gracious hospitality than anything else that stands out about Le Montrealais, its welcoming, inviting and genuine. The staff always handles everyone as if they were guests in their home. The Chef and Maitre'd ensure that your visit will be memorable. Don't hesitate to request a specialty item, with some notice its likely that any reasonable request will be honored.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpeccableDiningoutVIPDined on 10/9/2013Always ready to serve even the most discerning of guests, Le Montrealais is a great place to escape with friends for a memorable dining experience. I managed to sample on of the scones during the special tea service offered, and like everything Fairmont it was the best ever. When renovations that are planned materialize hopefully the spirit of this great establishment with be preserved, along with the great service that is always in evidence here. In other Fairmont locations this has been a challenge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliableDiningoutVIPDined on 10/8/2013The staff here is the best, warm and gracious from the moment you enter. There have been a few modifications in some of the ways that items are presented. The stellar mix offered at the bar has changed, I prefer the previous one with sesame. Some items are a bit pricey, and some are a great value. It pays to look at the menu over, ask questions and make modifications if there is something else you prefer, as your wish will likely be accommodated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionClassydinerDined on 10/4/2013We had booked a meal as a Wedding Present for some friends of ours who had recently got married. Everything about the evening was charming - the surroundings, the food, the ambience, the attention of the waiters, the flowers on the table, a special desert provided by the staff, etc. Our friends thoroughly enjoyed the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedEthelDined on 9/29/2013The food was very good and that's about the only positive thing I can say. Our one waiter was rude, the layout was so congested that people just cut in front of you. We were seated upstairs by the windows and it was very hot. I just do not feel that the experience was worth the price.Special Features:
- Délais d'attenteColibrisVIPDined on 9/12/2013Malgré une réservation en bonne et due forme, nous avons dû attendre notre table plus de 10 minutes après l'heure réservée.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience but...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/7/2013The only thing "negative" I can say about this restaurant is the price of alcoolic breavages. The wine was almost 3 times the SAQ price (usually about twice ) and a Kir Royal at $25.00 is exagerated. However beside the above , the food was great and so was the service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special dining out nighthlemDined on 8/17/2013I found the "smart casual" dress code leaned more towards a more 'comfortable' dress code, shorts, t-shirts, jeans, etc and was in sharp contrast with the decor and ambience the restaurant displayed. Be that as it may, the food, service, and cordial demeanor of the staff easily made up for this drawback. The cocktails were excellent. The fact that there was charging station at the Queen E underground parking lot was a plus, as I drive a fully electric vehicle. Not being offered a parking voucher to cover the excessive fee of $22 is disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice romantic eveningLea30Dined on 7/26/2013There weren't too many people in the restaurant on a Friday night, so the service was very quick and the food was excellent! We also went to the Sunday brunch which was exquisite! Loads of choice and everyone had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive, but this is MontrealOldPiratesDined on 7/24/2013We would rate this restaurant as maybe "good +". We were staying at the Fairmont and chose the Montrealais for our first night's meal, partly for its reviews and partly for convenience. The service was friendly and efficient. Keeping in mind that this place is within the Fairmont and serves as the hotel's restaurant, the setting is very pleasant. We had a window seat and could watch the passing parade. The food was good but not inspired; something that we could cook at home (we are reasonably good cooks). There was an adequate wine list. We ate three meals at three highly rated restaurants during our stay and we know that Montreal is an expensive place to eat out. We spent the most at this restaurant although it was not our best meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice placeLoupiDined on 7/14/2013We went there for our 40th wedding anniversary. Food was very good and tasty, nice fancy presentation. The service was a bit too fast. We were there on my last birthday in December and it was better. We had time digest between the course. They brought me a special dessert for free.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Un bon repasProfGDined on 7/3/2013Une belle expérience, je reviendrai. Service courtois et rapide, menu diversifié. Le bar à salade vaut le détour. J'y retournerai!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphereNapedalonDined on 5/21/2013The service was great, and the selection of food was fantastic. We opted for the Host Table menu, and were not disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dreaded going out on Mother'sFairsariVIPDined on 5/12/2013Dreaded going out on Mother's Day so this was a real find. Good food, excellent service and best of all a nice quiet ambiance with a window table overlooking St. Mary's Basilica. Everything was very well prepared, and all of us enjoyed our meals. Would recommend passing on the desserts as they are just fair but it is a good place to go if you want a quiet evening meal with friends, family or couple just to converse and enjoy good food with an excellent wine choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.