1736 Connecticut Ave.
Washington, DC 20009Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lemirch.com/
- Phone: 2026293577x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday - 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Indian, Asian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Le Mirch
Le Mirch is now OPEN!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Le Mirch reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (13)fit for foodies (9)romantic (9)good for groups (3)special occasion (3)great for lunch (2)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Rich, spicy, yummiLGvisitingDCDined on 8/1/2014We were a group of four: three adults and one teenager, who was less keen on the spicy food. As a whole, if you like good food, it's a great place. The dishes were excellent, rich in tastes, beautiful and fun for us adults. The teenager was less keen on the food. The service was very good, and as we had a quiet table upstairs, we could talk quietly without having to speak up.Special Features:
- eh...nero42Dined on 8/1/2014Heard great things about the place, but going there I didn't see what the hype was about. Food was good, not great, atmosphere the same. It is an all around okay place that charges too much. Wouldn't recommend unless you had a Groupon.
- Great foodHaynes010Dined on 7/28/2014Very easy to find and great ambiance. We enjoyed the food and the service was quick! Order the chow party appetizer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tasty Indian food!EatzorsDined on 7/5/2014Disclaimer: I'm not the most adventurous or cultured when it comes to ethnic dining. But I really enjoyed the Chicken Maharaja, which was basically a more interesting butter chicken. I went with 2 girlfriends, but there were several groups and a few dates there. They don't play music upstairs, which was fine, but we could hear everyone's conversations. As I'm sure they heard ours...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le MirchLion26KingVIPDined on 6/16/2014Wonderful food and gentile service. It helped that on Mondays, bottles of wine are half-price.Special Features:
- Good Indianlck143VIPDined on 5/31/2014Yelp listed this as Asian Fusion, Tapas, and Indian, so I was expecting something other than your typical Indian options. But, we ordered the Rogan Josh, Les Epinards, Chowpatty, and some Garlic Naan, and all were very good.Special Features:
- Amazing foodGoodDined on 5/20/2014We loved this place. The food was amazing. We sampled a few different dishes and was not dissapointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terific Indian fusion foodLunchmatesVIPDined on 5/17/2014Although this restaurant has a sports bar feel (not consistent with their theme), the food is really terrific, and so is their service. Nice wine list, and unhurried, helpful staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 48 reviews are from the Le Mirch reviews archive.
- trying hardMichaelVIPDined on 4/24/2014This is a new Indian place off Dupont Circle in a flurry of other low-budget eateries. The menu is more attactive to veggies, than meat lovers. Obnly three chicken mains (1, Tandoori). The vegetarian entrees were more interesting, according to my companion. The wine list is... unusual. There is a very nice reisling (listed as dry but in fact semi-sweet). Decor is nothing to write home about. The waiter was accommodating.
- Very NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/23/2014Good location. Very nice people. Good service. Excellent food. Well worth finding and going to. Quite unpretentious for the quality of the food.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!JphhDined on 4/19/2014The restaurant has two floors. We ended up sitting upstairs right by the window. The food was great, restaurant is decorated simply, service was good, and the prices were reasonable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food variety was great but drinksgoodfoodDined on 4/4/2014The food was good, the place super nice and romantic, and the wine list was great...but i.ordered acocktail and it was really a bit disappointing....still a great place a block from dupontSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/14/2014We booked our reservation based on on-line comments from other diners. My out-of-town relative who had lived in India wanted authentic Indian food but my not-so-adventurous husband wanted something he could enjoy. Both people were very satisfied with their menu choices and we all thought the food was delicious. There was a variety of menu choices. Our server was very attentive and polite. We had a great experience and would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/4/2014We went here at the last minute when a friend suddenly found herself in DC. We got a great table by the window overlooking CT Ave. The service was very attentive, the drinks were quite good, and the food was delicious. This is definitely a place you should try out.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/1/2014Was blown away by this place. Basically Rasika without the crowd or attitude. Couldn't be more happy to find a new gem. Had the spinach and it was excellent and the paneer was fabulous too. My wife was equally impressed, and she had the chicken tikka masala. Highly recommend. Oh and the price makesit a bargain!Special Features:
- So soOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/28/2014It's rather shocking that such a mediocre restaurant would open in this expensive location. I really wanted to like this place because there aren't enough interesting Indian restaurants in the city. The whole restaurant needs an overhaul or I fear it won't last. Cocktail drinks were just terrible. Stick to the overpriced wine list. Momos were nice but the accompanying sauce was ice cold. Slightly warming it would have been a huge improvement. The curries lacked depth and interest. Tomatoes tasted canned. okra was ovecooked. My favorite part was the bathroom. Quiet noise level due to mostly being empty. This therefore concludes the review if the worst Indian restaurant I've been to. Out of 30+.
- Great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/21/2014Needed a place near our hotel and found this gem. Would go again on my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just AmazingEngagementdinnerDined on 2/6/2014Let me start that we were in this restaurant for 5 hours and enjoyed ourselves immensely. Absolutely wonderful, service and food were great. The food delicious and a great mixture of fusion. The spice and flavor of indian with the extravagant flavors of french. Where they shine beyond is in their service. Every server that came to our table was extremely friendly and very attentive. Now, we were having a dinner with friends we hadn't seen in a long time and we took our time with talk and dinner. We didn't even realize they had technically closed an hour before. The staff never even hinted to us that "it was time to go" they let us finish our conversation and last of our wine and bid us a happy evening. That is what a class act is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunchMikeVIPDined on 2/3/2014Try their great lunch offer (M-F) -good deal and excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mildly appealingFormerFedVIPDined on 1/5/2014Went to Le Mirch because my girlfriend likes Indian food. Hadn't dined at this location since it was Polo Club. We thought the menu sparse compared to Rasika West End, but are glad to have another source of Indian food since Heritage India moved away Dupont Circle and Taj Mahal died years ago. She got Lamb Biryani and I got the Tandoori Lamb. Both were tasty, but a bit milder than we prefer. The Garlic Naan and Mango Pickle were good. Service was attentive, even anxious, in the mostly empty restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally, really good Indian in DCJonathanDined on 12/4/2013Okay, to be fair, Rasoi on K Street is pretty good (esp. lunch), and Bombay Club near the White House is nice (a bit pricier), but Le Mirch may be what I have been waiting for. My dining partner agreed, we both thought it was really good. Will definitely go again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/4/2013Staff could not be more friendly. Food is fresh and very reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/2/2013The restaurant is nicely setup, they chose a style that is quite different from most indian places. Food was great, service was awesome, definitely recommend it!
- Had Avery nice dinner withCorvusDined on 11/24/2013Had Avery nice dinner with friends. Was very quiet that night, probably because it was Sunday and quite cold. All dishes were very good including lamb biryani, chicken tandoori, chickpeas, and roti. Friend had lamb shank and and said it was great. Will definitely come back in the future!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really great place!PepeDined on 11/23/2013We are not from the DC area and went to this restaurant completely by previous reviews. I have to say we were thrilled. The food was extremely good. Very nice to have a moderate list of entrees instead of the usually list of 50 items at an Indian restaurant. ALL the items were unique in their own way. Presentation was great and the combinations of food we had were wonderful. I highly recommend the traditional soup! Really outstanding. Also the cheese app was really good too! We had seafood and veggie entrees. All we nice. Sadly, we had no room for dessert. We are looking forward to returning someday for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Indian foodSteveNWDined on 11/22/2013My wife and I had the chicken momo appetizer and it and the sauce is a must. We also ordered only one entree, pork vinderloo, and it was enough for both. Choose the naan that does not have garlic, too strong for us. The pork was hot and spicy. They moved us upstairs where it was more quiet for they knew it was our anniversary. Very nice people will go back next time in dupont circle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More people need to come here...AJGombzDined on 11/15/2013Food was great and service was excellent. Even the staff that did not serve us was welcoming and attentive. The space is beautiful. We were disappointed that the restaurant wasn't full. Try the spinach dish to start. Had the chicken biryani, which was super flavorful. Dine in then tell a friend or two, we'd like to see this place hang around a while longer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealLDubsDined on 11/3/2013We tried a selection of small plates that were all absolutely amazing. Highly recommend this restaurant and can't wait to come back on my next trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/30/2013Went here for HH and dinner and the food was amazingly good! They have great HH deals! Highly recommend the Paneer Taandori, Sheekh Kabob, and Tilapia!Special Features:
- Great Service and FoodMelissaMVIPDined on 10/26/2013Very accommodating and prompt service. Nice looking restaurant. Food was delicious, especially the Les Epinards appetizer.Special Features:
- A lovely passage to IndiacindersailVIPDined on 10/23/2013Le Mirch the name is French in reference to a small hot red chili used in Indian Cusine. Make no judgements based on the name alone. Try it, it is not your run of the mill Punjabi place. The ambiance was romantic and elegant, we were seated at the front window with a view of the bustling street scape. The bar had several mixed drink offerings and reduced prices on wine for ladies night. The happy hour menu contained several small plates not found on the regular appetizer menu. The vegetable pakoras brought to our table were an early indicator of excellence in the kitchen. The regular menu offers a well rounded selection of dishes far from the same menu usually found in Northern Indian establishments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual dining. Food was prettyRaveDined on 10/16/2013Casual dining. Food was pretty good. Cool modern decor. Service was a bit awkward.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Indian food in DupontAngelDined on 10/15/2013Came back to Le Mirch for a second time and brought new friends to the restaurant. Unfortunately there was a mix up in my friends order and he had to wait 15 minutes for the correct meal to come out. The server asked if he needed anything. So while the rest of us ate he just sat there. He wasn't given a free dessert or glass of wine. The gesture would have been nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le Mirch - unique flavorsJBTJBTVIPDined on 10/4/2013This is a place with many Indian dishes, preparations and flavors that vary from standard Indian fare in the US. The chowpatty is our favorite appetizer and my wife adores the Paneer Kurchen. We recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This location was not as busyweekendtravelerDined on 9/27/2013This location was not as busy as the other one on the day when I was there. Food was pretty good, prices were reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodmgonzDined on 9/21/2013Not much to say but the food was great and I highly recommend it. Everything tasted great and if I go back to DC, I will stop by again in the future. The service was great.Special Features:
- Very good Indian restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/21/2013I'm glad this restaurant is here! This corner of Dupont Circle needed a good Indian restaurant, and this fairly new one is even better than I was hoping. The food is very fresh and delicious, although not especially spicy, at least the dishes that I've had so far. The service and ambiance are good.Special Features:
- The best meal of our tripOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/21/2013We loved Le Mirch--only one of the four in our group had experience ordering Indian dishes, but he and the waiter helped us order a number of interesting, vibrant dishes. We recommend the kale/yogurt/date appetizer, shrimp curry, and the lamb shank. Great waiter--great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a group here for birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/21/2013Had a group here for birthday celebrations. Two in our party had small emergency and were late. Very accommodating and great service. Food as always was delicious. Will continue to return to this lovely spot.Special Features:
- Good for GroupGailDined on 9/20/2013This place has very good food and was able to easily handle a group that grew slowly over two weeks from 8 to 14. The service was very nice and friendly but we had one server so a bit slow. We didn't mind as it gave us more time together! Very nice experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.