Le Mediterranean Bistro
4008 University Drive
Fairfax, VA 22030Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Le Mediterranean Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bistromed.com/
- Phone: 7033831553
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Moroccan, Mediterranean, French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Bistro Med Catering can provide office catering for your upcoming meetings and corporate events in Fairfax area and Northern Virginia. Whether your staff or guests have certain dietary restrictions or are health conscious, we always deliver breakfast foods, lunches, afternoon snacks, sandwiches and entrées that will satisfy any palate.
Our Corporate Caterers are Available For:
Annual Meetings and Conferences
Product Launches, Lunch Meetings, and Open Houses
Buffet Catering at Corporate Picnics and BBQs
A word from Le Mediterranean Bistro
Le Mediterranean Bistro is a French Cuisine located in old Town Fairfax. Chef Patron Driss Zahidi will lead his dynamic team to provide an elegant and unsurpassed modern French cuisine by using the very finest seasonal ingredients and employing both classic and modern techniques. The chef will be working with Local Farmers to get the best and freshest ingredients. A truly intimate restaurant matched by exquisite cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Le Mediterranean Bistro - Best Restaurants in Fairfax ›
Le Mediterranean Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (46)fit for foodies (43)special occasion (24)romantic (24)great for lunch (15)notable wine list (9)good for groups (6)great for brunch (4)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great new French restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/17/2014My wife and I enjoyed a cozy dinner for two at this neighborhood gem. French onion soup and escargot were both notable. My shrimp and scallops were very good and my wife's meal of seafood with vermacilli wrapped in filo dough was tasty but she probably would pick the Bouillabaisse next time. We need to hit more Fairfax City restaurants and this one did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful ambience and food!clareVIPDined on 10/5/2014great food! Loved the melding of the Moroccan and French influences--from salmon pate to lamb tagine! All the food choices looked great and what we ordered (whole branzino fish and beef tagine) was extremely well prepared. Lovely little bistro-we'll go again. May become our go to restaurant!Special Features:
- FreqDinerVIPDined on 10/3/2014We ate from the North African side of the menu last night. The chicken dish was well spiced and very good. The lamb tagine did not have any of the spices associated with North African cooking and I was disappointed. With that said, previous meals have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/30/2014Good menu with nice variety. The owners are working hard to make this restaurant a foodie attraction. The trout was great!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Food was excellent, but the service was very slow. Also, they need more than just one brand of beer available.Special Features:
- Le Mediterranean Bistro a winnerVASFfanDined on 9/27/2014We just dined for the first time at Le Mediterranean Bistro, and really enjoyed ourselves. From appetizers to desserts, everything was delicious. The service was spotless...helpful with recommendations, attentive, timely. We plan to dine there again, next time we're in Fairfax.Special Features:
- Specials are the bestWhereTheFrenchLocaksGoVIPDined on 9/27/2014A limited Moroccan vs. French menu but the specials on the blackboard make up for the limited selections. Excellent food particularly the lobster with peas in a mild curry - served out side of shell and resembles a nouveau preparation. A bit pricey for a bistro but worth it given the quality of the special dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding DiningDinerVIPDined on 9/21/2014In a little nondescript building sits a hidden gem. The food was fantastic as was the service. The restaurant has a large board showing the days specials. I had the Rockfish and my wife, the scallops. We started with beet salad and a glass of wine. The beets were delicious, as was their warm bread. I would have been happy with those two things, but if the meal stopped there, we would not have known what we were missing. I was served two pieces of Rockfish sitting oh peas and carrots. The Rockfish had a crispy skin and wonderful texture and taste. My wife's scallops (which she orders every time we go to a seafood restaurant, were the best she ever tasted. It is a French/Moroccan restaurant, and one we'll be going to again.Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/16/2014Food was delicious -- Rack of Lamb (French) and Braised Lamb (Moroccan) with couscous. Started with a beet salad which was outstanding. Overall, a great dining experience and I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fairfax City's Finest RestaurantLizzieCDined on 9/15/2014Always a pleasure to go to Med Bistro. Food is consistently fabulous. The menu is almost never needed since the chef's board is sure to please with the freshest dishes, especially seafood. Love that the cuisine is fusion, decidedly French and decidedly Mediterranean. The wine list is impressive and expensive, with many selections from the great vineyards in France. Bon appetite at this irresistible restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little Morocco, A Little FranceJuneVIPDined on 9/13/2014We liked this restaurant so much a few weeks ago that we decided to return on Saturday night. My husband and I ended up ordering the exact same thing. The shrimp appetizer from the Moroccan side of the menu and the Sole Meuniere with spinach and a beurre blanc sauce that was a French special that night. Both were absolutely delicious! Cooked to perfection. We were not so impressed with the apple pie we shared for dessert. This little restaurant really is a gem and most of the selections we have tried have been hits - and we are hard to impress. The owner radiates a friendly charm and you feel like you are in a neighborhood bistro someplace else than one of the main streets in downtown Fairfax City.Special Features:
- superbOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/10/2014Been there many times and the restaurant just keeps getting better and betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moroccan French at it's bestVirginiabelleDined on 9/6/2014First time diners at this wonderful restaurant. Lovely menu and the food was excellent. Great service too. Small location and reservations are recommended. Can't wait to go again and have already referred others to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps getting better and betterOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/4/2014Great meal. Everything was perfect. My chicken pastilla really hit the spotSpecial Features:
- Great localGreatDined on 9/2/2014This was a great location for this French restaurant. The wine selection was great. My guest and I spent 1.5 hours there when only wanting to stay 45 mins at the mostSpecial Features:
- wonderful serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014This was such a welcoming restaurant. The staff was wonderful and very attentive. We had everything from appetizer to dessert and enjoyed each course. The specials were unique and the waiter was very good explaining the dishes. This is a wonderful restaurant that we would recommend to couples and groups. Not sure if young kids would enjoy or if they have a kids menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch specialFairfax4Dined on 8/20/2014A very nice, small, and quaint place to dine. The lunch special ($16 or $25 for a three course meal) was outstanding, as was the wine selection. My only negative comment would be that the staff seemed shorthanded with only one waiter for the entire restaurant. We did receive our food promptly; however, the waiter did forget a few items and had to be reminded. My review would be higher if the service would have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French and Moroccan at their bestJuneVIPDined on 8/17/2014This is our third visit to Le Mediterranean Bistro and we have had delicious meals every time. The menu is very interesting - literally Moroccan on the left and French on the right. It is not a large menu but a nice range of choices in addition to the daily dinner specials. My butternut squash ravioli appetizer was excellent as was the sea bass and lentils entrée. My husband's green salad was rather plain and did not seem to be what was advertised on the menu but his lobster ravioli special was excellent. We split the chocolate molten cake for dessert which was pricey but delicious. The atmosphere is small and charming right in downtown Fairfax City with easy parking close by. I hope people give this little gem a chance.Special Features:
- a wonderful surprise ---bandJDined on 8/16/2014great service, great food and at good price. Waiter walked us through menu options as first timers. Recomendations were excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent first impressionMEdwardsVIPDined on 8/14/2014We ordered items from both the Morroccan and French menu and all of the items we shared (2 appetizers, 2 entrees, and 2 desserts) were excellent. I read a few reviews that suggested the portions were small, but ours were anything but small. Our favorite two items were the chicken pastilla, which was one of the most amazing dishes I've ever had, bar none, and the strawberry bread pudding. The service was excellent as well, with the server being excited we were there and happy to share his recommendations for both food and wine. We will be back!Special Features:
- Charm in FairfaxMissEVIPDined on 8/14/2014We chose this place for Restaurant Week and were not disappointed. The lunch menu is more French than Moroccan, but everything we sampled was delicious. Would like to go back for dinner and try one of the tagines. Host was incredibly charming.Special Features:
- number one restaurant I ever beenWilsonDined on 8/12/2014First time in at le Mediterranean bistro they have a great menu and special I had the lamb tangine with caramelized plums and onions it was very good my partner get the seafood bastilla and she loved it .I well come back with my family soon since they extend restaurant week promotion till the end of this monthSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion DinnerRichDined on 8/9/2014This restaurant basically has two menus. One is French and the other is Moroccan. My wife and I picked from the French side. The bread and butter were good. The salad was very disappointing. My wife had the trout almandine and I had the rack of lamb. Both were great! We also shared sides of their home made french fries and mushroom dish. Both were excellent. Desserts were excellent as well. Service was attentive and friendly. The dinner venue is somewhat small and intimate. Ambience is good. Felt that the tables were a bit too close however. Overall it was a good dinner and positive experience. We plan to go there again and perhaps experience the the Moroccan side of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Going BackLeeTheGreatestDined on 8/6/2014This was my first time at this new French restaurant with a Moroccan bent. The menu was short but full of goodies and there was a list of scrumptious items on the chalk board. I ordered the lunch three course special for $16 and got a nice salad, the sole over delicious spinach and the creme brulee dessert. Since I don't like creme brulee, I had my friend order the chocolate lava cake. She ordered the traditional Moroccan dish of Chicken Pastilla (sometimes spelled Bestilla). All the food was delicious -- however, the portions were microscopic but the prices were not. This is definitely a special event destination and not one for the casual lunch. And the parking lot across the street was a true nightmare.Special Features:
- Great FindMikeCDined on 8/2/2014Outstanding food, great service, fair price. What more could you ask for. The only thing i would add to the menu perhaps are moroccan desserts and wines. It is after all a french "moroccan" restaurant after all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FoodLuvGoodFoodVIPDined on 7/12/2014First time here. Sea scallops were the best I've ever eaten. I was very pleased with the food and service. Will definitely recommend and will return soon.Special Features:
- Great find!FirsttimedinerDined on 7/11/2014Small and intimate with authentic food offerings. We frequent this place and have a great meal every time. Great presentation too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and warm ambianceEnjoyinglifeDined on 7/11/2014I have eaten at the bistro about 5 times in the past 2 years. For special occasions, night out with friends, and dates with my husband. The food is delicious consistently. My favorite is the sole meunière. Simply prepared, it melts in your mouth. And the escargot are tender and perfectly prepared every time in a delicious crock with potatoes that soak up the garlic butter. Parking is easy. Several lots nearby are always open and free. The waitstaff are knowledgeable and attentive and make you feel comfortable. Great all around experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious foodAdamDined on 7/11/2014Second time here just gotten better and better .l had Escargot witch was very good with garlic and mushrooms NY Steak cooked perfect with house made france fries .service was helpful and attentive .keep the good workSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, subpar serviceVAfoodieDined on 7/11/2014The food there was very unique and good. I had the sea bass wrapped in a filo sheet - it was good but I personally think there was too much seasoning, as I couldn't really taste the fish. My husband had the chicken, which was delish; I would go back just for the chicken. However, the servers (and food runners) all had a "mad" face. The girl that brought bread and butter to our table kind of just dropped the butter on the table. It took a good 10 minutes after clearing out table before someone came by to ask if we wanted any dessert.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 7/9/2014Been many times. Food was the best! Continues to get stronger and stronger.Special Features:
- nice findPamspupsDined on 7/8/2014Atmosphere was very quaint. It had a nice european feeling to it. Menu choice was nice. I loved that they showed bith vegetarian and gluten free choices. I had the shrimp salad and it was tasty. My friend said the mushroom soup and beet salad and said they were great. There was nothing left on our plates. We were the only ones in the restaurant to begin with. Too bad. It is a cute place with good food and service. Parking is an issue in this area of Fairfax. There is free parking across the street on the corner(going away from Main St).Special Features:
- great food/bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/6/2014The head waiter/manager was rude and arrogant. This spoiled an otherwise enjoyable experience. Food was good and supporting waiters were nice and efficient.
- not a full barbujoldDined on 7/4/2014Need to add juice to the beverage list, so it's at least on hand at the bar, as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/27/2014Second time here - just as it says: "Mediterranean Bistro." excellent food, quickly prepared. Could not be better - highly recommended.Special Features:
- GREAT PLACE!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014We enjoied a quiet setting for great meal and the opportunity for good conversation.Special Features:
- The following 209 reviews are from the Le Mediterranean Bistro reviews archive.
- Quite a findWaywardson17Dined on 6/14/2014We drove by Le Mediterranean Bistro one night and decided to try it. We did so another time. It was a wonderful experience and we've been back several times,. We've never been disappointed. It is a small restaurant. This lends to the intimacy. There is a small but well stocked bar. This is not a bar scene hot spot but would be a good place for a quiet evening drink. My advice is enjoy the drink and stay for dinner. This food is excellent. the wait staff are friendly and attentive and but not annoying. Order drinks and an appetizer. Your dinner will follow at the perfect time. The menu leans toward seafood but chicken, duck, lamb, and steaks are also available. All are excellent but their specialty is seafood. Don't miss it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialsDzzieDined on 6/14/2014Some interesting appetizers and entrees. It's fun trying something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner out last minute decisionsusanismVIPDined on 6/10/2014Great spot.. Intimate dining area but not too noisy. Wonderful service,.. Good food..come here again!Special Features:
- Great find in Fairfax City!DougMDined on 6/7/2014This address has been through a few restaurants in the past few years or so, and I wasn't sure what to expect from this latest iteration. My wife and I were pleasantly surprised by the subdued ambiance, the good service and the great food. The menu is smallish, but look also for the daily specials. Expect to pay $90-100 for an appetizer, entree, and a glass of wine - not cheap, but worth it for a special occasion! We plan to be back!Special Features: