Le Mediterranean Bistro
4008 University Drive
Fairfax, VA 22030Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Le Mediterranean Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bistromed.com/
- Phone: 7033831553
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Moroccan, Mediterranean, French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Bistro Med Catering can provide office catering for your upcoming meetings and corporate events in Fairfax area and Northern Virginia. Whether your staff or guests have certain dietary restrictions or are health conscious, we always deliver breakfast foods, lunches, afternoon snacks, sandwiches and entrées that will satisfy any palate.
Our Corporate Caterers are Available For:
Annual Meetings and Conferences
Product Launches, Lunch Meetings, and Open Houses
Buffet Catering at Corporate Picnics and BBQs
A word from Le Mediterranean Bistro
Le Mediterranean Bistro is a French Cuisine located in old Town Fairfax. Chef Patron Driss Zahidi will lead his dynamic team to provide an elegant and unsurpassed modern French cuisine by using the very finest seasonal ingredients and employing both classic and modern techniques. The chef will be working with Local Farmers to get the best and freshest ingredients. A truly intimate restaurant matched by exquisite cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Le Mediterranean Bistro - Best Restaurants in Fairfax ›
Le Mediterranean Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (48)fit for foodies (41)special occasion (34)romantic (29)great for lunch (15)notable wine list (14)good for groups (5)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- superbOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/10/2014Been there many times and the restaurant just keeps getting better and betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moroccan French at it's bestVirginiabelleDined on 9/6/2014First time diners at this wonderful restaurant. Lovely menu and the food was excellent. Great service too. Small location and reservations are recommended. Can't wait to go again and have already referred others to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps getting better and betterOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/4/2014Great meal. Everything was perfect. My chicken pastilla really hit the spotSpecial Features:
- Great localGreatDined on 9/2/2014This was a great location for this French restaurant. The wine selection was great. My guest and I spent 1.5 hours there when only wanting to stay 45 mins at the mostSpecial Features:
- wonderful serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014This was such a welcoming restaurant. The staff was wonderful and very attentive. We had everything from appetizer to dessert and enjoyed each course. The specials were unique and the waiter was very good explaining the dishes. This is a wonderful restaurant that we would recommend to couples and groups. Not sure if young kids would enjoy or if they have a kids menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch specialFairfax4Dined on 8/20/2014A very nice, small, and quaint place to dine. The lunch special ($16 or $25 for a three course meal) was outstanding, as was the wine selection. My only negative comment would be that the staff seemed shorthanded with only one waiter for the entire restaurant. We did receive our food promptly; however, the waiter did forget a few items and had to be reminded. My review would be higher if the service would have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French and Moroccan at their bestJuneVIPDined on 8/17/2014This is our third visit to Le Mediterranean Bistro and we have had delicious meals every time. The menu is very interesting - literally Moroccan on the left and French on the right. It is not a large menu but a nice range of choices in addition to the daily dinner specials. My butternut squash ravioli appetizer was excellent as was the sea bass and lentils entrée. My husband's green salad was rather plain and did not seem to be what was advertised on the menu but his lobster ravioli special was excellent. We split the chocolate molten cake for dessert which was pricey but delicious. The atmosphere is small and charming right in downtown Fairfax City with easy parking close by. I hope people give this little gem a chance.Special Features:
- a wonderful surprise ---bandJDined on 8/16/2014great service, great food and at good price. Waiter walked us through menu options as first timers. Recomendations were excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent first impressionMEdwardsVIPDined on 8/14/2014We ordered items from both the Morroccan and French menu and all of the items we shared (2 appetizers, 2 entrees, and 2 desserts) were excellent. I read a few reviews that suggested the portions were small, but ours were anything but small. Our favorite two items were the chicken pastilla, which was one of the most amazing dishes I've ever had, bar none, and the strawberry bread pudding. The service was excellent as well, with the server being excited we were there and happy to share his recommendations for both food and wine. We will be back!Special Features:
- Charm in FairfaxMissEVIPDined on 8/14/2014We chose this place for Restaurant Week and were not disappointed. The lunch menu is more French than Moroccan, but everything we sampled was delicious. Would like to go back for dinner and try one of the tagines. Host was incredibly charming.Special Features:
- number one restaurant I ever beenWilsonDined on 8/12/2014First time in at le Mediterranean bistro they have a great menu and special I had the lamb tangine with caramelized plums and onions it was very good my partner get the seafood bastilla and she loved it .I well come back with my family soon since they extend restaurant week promotion till the end of this monthSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion DinnerRichDined on 8/9/2014This restaurant basically has two menus. One is French and the other is Moroccan. My wife and I picked from the French side. The bread and butter were good. The salad was very disappointing. My wife had the trout almandine and I had the rack of lamb. Both were great! We also shared sides of their home made french fries and mushroom dish. Both were excellent. Desserts were excellent as well. Service was attentive and friendly. The dinner venue is somewhat small and intimate. Ambience is good. Felt that the tables were a bit too close however. Overall it was a good dinner and positive experience. We plan to go there again and perhaps experience the the Moroccan side of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Going BackLeeTheGreatestDined on 8/6/2014This was my first time at this new French restaurant with a Moroccan bent. The menu was short but full of goodies and there was a list of scrumptious items on the chalk board. I ordered the lunch three course special for $16 and got a nice salad, the sole over delicious spinach and the creme brulee dessert. Since I don't like creme brulee, I had my friend order the chocolate lava cake. She ordered the traditional Moroccan dish of Chicken Pastilla (sometimes spelled Bestilla). All the food was delicious -- however, the portions were microscopic but the prices were not. This is definitely a special event destination and not one for the casual lunch. And the parking lot across the street was a true nightmare.Special Features:
- Great FindMikeCDined on 8/2/2014Outstanding food, great service, fair price. What more could you ask for. The only thing i would add to the menu perhaps are moroccan desserts and wines. It is after all a french "moroccan" restaurant after all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FoodLuvGoodFoodVIPDined on 7/12/2014First time here. Sea scallops were the best I've ever eaten. I was very pleased with the food and service. Will definitely recommend and will return soon.Special Features:
- Great find!FirsttimedinerDined on 7/11/2014Small and intimate with authentic food offerings. We frequent this place and have a great meal every time. Great presentation too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and warm ambianceEnjoyinglifeDined on 7/11/2014I have eaten at the bistro about 5 times in the past 2 years. For special occasions, night out with friends, and dates with my husband. The food is delicious consistently. My favorite is the sole meunière. Simply prepared, it melts in your mouth. And the escargot are tender and perfectly prepared every time in a delicious crock with potatoes that soak up the garlic butter. Parking is easy. Several lots nearby are always open and free. The waitstaff are knowledgeable and attentive and make you feel comfortable. Great all around experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious foodAdamDined on 7/11/2014Second time here just gotten better and better .l had Escargot witch was very good with garlic and mushrooms NY Steak cooked perfect with house made france fries .service was helpful and attentive .keep the good workSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, subpar serviceVAfoodieDined on 7/11/2014The food there was very unique and good. I had the sea bass wrapped in a filo sheet - it was good but I personally think there was too much seasoning, as I couldn't really taste the fish. My husband had the chicken, which was delish; I would go back just for the chicken. However, the servers (and food runners) all had a "mad" face. The girl that brought bread and butter to our table kind of just dropped the butter on the table. It took a good 10 minutes after clearing out table before someone came by to ask if we wanted any dessert.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 7/9/2014Been many times. Food was the best! Continues to get stronger and stronger.Special Features:
- nice findPamspupsDined on 7/8/2014Atmosphere was very quaint. It had a nice european feeling to it. Menu choice was nice. I loved that they showed bith vegetarian and gluten free choices. I had the shrimp salad and it was tasty. My friend said the mushroom soup and beet salad and said they were great. There was nothing left on our plates. We were the only ones in the restaurant to begin with. Too bad. It is a cute place with good food and service. Parking is an issue in this area of Fairfax. There is free parking across the street on the corner(going away from Main St).Special Features:
- great food/bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/6/2014The head waiter/manager was rude and arrogant. This spoiled an otherwise enjoyable experience. Food was good and supporting waiters were nice and efficient.
- not a full barbujoldDined on 7/4/2014Need to add juice to the beverage list, so it's at least on hand at the bar, as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/27/2014Second time here - just as it says: "Mediterranean Bistro." excellent food, quickly prepared. Could not be better - highly recommended.Special Features:
- GREAT PLACE!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014We enjoied a quiet setting for great meal and the opportunity for good conversation.Special Features:
- Quite a findWaywardson17Dined on 6/14/2014We drove by Le Mediterranean Bistro one night and decided to try it. We did so another time. It was a wonderful experience and we've been back several times,. We've never been disappointed. It is a small restaurant. This lends to the intimacy. There is a small but well stocked bar. This is not a bar scene hot spot but would be a good place for a quiet evening drink. My advice is enjoy the drink and stay for dinner. This food is excellent. the wait staff are friendly and attentive and but not annoying. Order drinks and an appetizer. Your dinner will follow at the perfect time. The menu leans toward seafood but chicken, duck, lamb, and steaks are also available. All are excellent but their specialty is seafood. Don't miss it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialsDzzieDined on 6/14/2014Some interesting appetizers and entrees. It's fun trying something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner out last minute decisionsusanismVIPDined on 6/10/2014Great spot.. Intimate dining area but not too noisy. Wonderful service,.. Good food..come here again!Special Features:
- Great find in Fairfax City!DougMDined on 6/7/2014This address has been through a few restaurants in the past few years or so, and I wasn't sure what to expect from this latest iteration. My wife and I were pleasantly surprised by the subdued ambiance, the good service and the great food. The menu is smallish, but look also for the daily specials. Expect to pay $90-100 for an appetizer, entree, and a glass of wine - not cheap, but worth it for a special occasion! We plan to be back!Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedffxdiner99Dined on 6/5/2014I was quite impressed with the food selection, and especially the wine list. Some very unique and interesting choices. And, the service was incredibly good. Very attentive staff. I look forward to dining there again!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/4/2014Food and service was excellent. We could talk without having to raise our voices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/2/2014Lovely inside with nice linens, quiet for comfortable conversation, pleasant service, nice menu--but a bit pricey and not quite as advertised online, shrimp overcooked, but nice salad and presentation, good bread, OK coffeeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GKRKVIPDined on 5/31/2014This was our first visit and probably won't be the last. The food was very good (French-Moroccan). I had a fabulous grilled octopus to start and the lamb shank with Moroccan spices. I appreciated that it was a small size and doable - I love lamb shank but usually have to take half of it home. My husband had a wonderful sea bass in puff pastry. The restaurant is small and a little cramped, but the staff was efficient and friendly. Kudos!!Special Features:
- Solid food; nice staffLittlemnhDined on 5/31/2014The restaurant is small and cute; the food I solid. We ordered the beet salad, salmon, and scallops. I found the beets and scallops to be the strongest of the three. We did have a groupon, which brought us to the restaurant, but without it, I would probably not go. It was a bit pricey for the quality of the food. The positive is the wine specials on their board are very strong. It is worth a try if you have a discount of some sort. Staff nice and fairly attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itPeterHuDined on 5/30/2014We really enjoyed our meals. My duck breast entree was perfect. The carrot-ginger soup was different and quite wonderful. Would definitely go back next time in the area.Special Features:
- Not Your Run-of-the-Mill French!ShelleyDined on 5/28/2014From the name of the restaurant, you'd think it was just 'French', but in fact, it's North African French food. Lots of fish dishes: trout, salmon, rockfish and my favorite, lamb chops. The beet salad with goat cheese was excellent. The creme brulee is the best I've ever eaten. The custard has a hint of lemon and the cooked sugar crust is really crunchy! I've been for both lunch and dinner and the lunch prix fixe menu was flexible meaning diners could choose any one of the regular entrees as their main course. There is a prix fixe menu for dinner, too, but I didn't try that. My only suggestion for improvement is that they keep their website menu current; it was very different than what was offered in the restaurant when we got there.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in fairfax cityAdamDined on 5/27/2014One of the best restaurant in fairfax city I ever been the checking bastilla was outstanding my wife had soft shell crabs and she loved it very friendly services and attentive .we will dining here at least once a week :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Little Engine Who TriedDeliMavenVIPDined on 5/23/2014High prices for ordinary food. Plated food unattractive: meal not cooked as ordered; dessert less than anticipated and very expensive. . When does a French restaurant serve Italian dessert?
- The following 196 reviews are from the Le Mediterranean Bistro reviews archive.
- Need better service .....shackerDined on 5/17/2014The kitchen is great! ......but service, though friendly, needs lots of improvement: more organization,timid , more professional. The lack of organization takes away too much from the good cooking.Special Features:
- OKOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/14/2014Just can't agree with the reviews we read before going to Le Mediterranean Bistro. The atmosphere is very nice. The menu sounded great but we found the food just average. We were hoping for better because we like having a local "go to" place. Everyone working there was very nice but we just did not believe that the quality of the dishes were up to what we read about.