Le Lyonnais Restaurant
416 Great Rd
Acton, MA 01720Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Le Lyonnais Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://lelyonnaisacton.com/
- Phone: 9782639068
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday and Thursday: 11:30am - 1:45pm (Any day for party of 6 or more); Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday and Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, French
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout
A word from Le Lyonnais Restaurant
Chef Gerard's cuisine reflects the natural setting of Le Lyonnais Restaurant. Dine in the comfort of our home, or by the windows overlooking the brook which is frequented by ducks heron and other wildlife. Choose from the many creations that float from the traditional to the modern "aromatise" by "les herbes du jardin." Your hosts will be Gerard and Joan who have been operating Le Lyonnais since 1971.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Le Lyonnais Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (15)special occasion (12)fit for foodies (11)neighborhood gem (10)notable wine list (6)scenic view (5)good for groups (4)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Little bit of France in the 'burbswoz2Dined on 10/14/2014Chef/proprietor Gerard Labrosse has been delighting customers for 42 years at this location. How many restaurants can you say that of? A meal at Le Lyonnais is always an outstanding way to celebrate any occasion.Special Features:
- Great French FoodActonEaterDined on 10/12/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Le Lyonnais. The chef greeted us at the door, and invited us into a charming dinning room in a the converted house. The food was excellent; Delicate and simple Onion Soup Gratinee, delightfully earthy crepes stuffed with a variety of mushrooms. My wife said the Paella was the best she ever had, and the portion was astoundingly generous. I enjoyed my perch and scallops, really well executed and beautifully presented, and we couldn't stay away from the creme caramel. The 43 years of experience and love that have gone into this gem show.Special Features:
- Old World Charm in this little gemfoodieVIPDined on 10/12/2014Chef Gerard warmly welcomes you to his romantic, candle lit, cozy restaurant - so authentic with old world charm that you feel as though you've been invited into a French country home. The menu is a delight - with a surprisingly wide range of option that will delight the foodie while also keeping not-so-adventurous eaters very happy. My roasted beet salad with endives with just the right amount of homemade dressing was delicious. My husband loved his onion soup. We then had the chateaubriand for two (so hard to find on menus these days!), and a wine so perfect it made your heart flutter. This delightful meal wrapped up with a creme caramel and a beautiful Sauternes. All this with live accordion music and very attentive service. Wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old school, classic French CountryBillybob207Dined on 10/9/2014Ambiance: gracious, gentle, peaceful Food: we were excited about this style 40 years ago with Julia Service: genuine effort to please Go here for an old fashioned French Country style meal. Unlike almost every other restaurant in the area, you will be able to hear your partner speak - clearly. It's the kind of romantic experience that most younger people have never imagined. It might drive them crazy. Leave all your devices in the car. Talk. Listen, Taste. Wallow in the sensuality. We loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!AverageDined on 10/4/2014Everything was absolutely wonderful! We had a lovely birthday dinner celebration.Special Features:
- Cute and deliciousyumyumDined on 9/26/2014Though the service was a bit slow at first, the food was excellent, the ambiance was cute, and the elderly French chef was adorable and took the time to personally greet each table. Prices were reasonable too; especially the set price menus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner2222VIPDined on 9/20/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Le Lyonnaise. The vegetable soup was delicious, as we're the entrees (I had steak and my husband ordered te trout). The dessert crepes were really great as well. The restaurant is in what had been an older house, so there were several small rooms. We would hughly recommend it and will definitely go back.Special Features:
- OUI, worth the tripme1nyVIPDined on 9/13/2014Yes, we have dined in this charming country french venue in the suburbs several times this year. Longtime chef owner constructed extensive and varied menu with french specialties as soupe a l'onion, cassoulet, sweetbreads and well as delicious, well prepared and beautifully presented duck, trout amandine, lamb chops,pork loin with pepper. Many choices including 2 reasonable prix fixe menus, with wonderful variety and including the onion soup and dessert crepe . Only problem this time surprisingly was the rice which tasted as if it came out of an Uncle Ben's box -disappointing. Located in a little white house and back glassed in dining room has a beautiful view of lawn and stream. Solicitous grandmother type waitress was very helpfulSpecial Features:
- Fine DiningMikeJDined on 9/10/2014Very expensive, but the quality is superb. Chef Gerard greeted us in person as we were leaving... nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/19/2014Amazing food, amazing people, completely worth a visit!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceLoveToEatOutDined on 8/16/2014The menu selection was extensive and the food was excellent. The fixed price menu is a great value. We were a party of 6 and everyone enjoyed their meals. Great atmosphere and quiet ambiance. It was so nice to be able to converse easily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/26/2014Traditional French. Cuisine good. Aspires to elegance, but missing the fine touches.
- a very special friend's home ...jsosmdDined on 7/10/2014The menu, even at lunch, has a wide variety of selections, and they are willing to be flexible even with the prix fixe menus. Each dish is home-style-tasty yet gourmet-style- attractive. The entire place is cozy yet spacious - no sardine-style seating! Quiet, tasteful background music that allows for great conversation even when with a group. A special place, yet affordable enough to go even when it is not a special occasion. You can linger without feeling any pressure to finish and leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 94 reviews are from the Le Lyonnais Restaurant reviews archive.
- dining in the French countrysideMikeDined on 6/19/2014Always a dining experience, never disapointing. Our favorite spot outside the city.Special Features:
- Ups and DownsVikingDined on 6/13/2014Great setting in a converted older home; most of the food (especially the pork loin and crepes) was fantastic; Angus beef was disappointing, with a thick grizzle along one full edge. Service was very attentive, with knowledgeable server. Wine list a bit limited. Please, please get some new chairs!Special Features:
- Very Poor ExperienceTravelingtasterDined on 5/22/2014This restaurant was excellent in years past. Now it is empty and not a place that I would return to. Too bad.
- DissapointingEricDined on 5/17/2014A very nice location and well taken care of large home turned into a restaurant, but.......French cuisine would have never attained its high status if Le Lyonnaise was its representative. The food was totally uninspired. Smallest wine list in history.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/13/2014Excellent, well-prepared food. Friendly, attentive waiter service. Very nice, cozy environmentSpecial Features:
- Always great!esquehillDined on 5/11/2014I've been dining at Le Lyonnais for years; it's always been a favorite go-to restaurant for special occasions. Many wonderful menu choices (updated frequently) with outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A find!SkywayVIPDined on 5/10/2014If you like French cuisine, this would work for you. Happened upon this charming spot by chance while passing through Acton... Got last reservation with O T. Nice atmosphere for couples, delicious food, in a lovely setting. An unexpected bonus...Special Features:
- Great birthday dinnerJacques4lesBruinsDined on 4/30/2014The dinner was outstanding. Wonderful service. Great atmosphere. We have never been let down by this wonderful restaurant. It's our special go to place. It reminds both of us of our visits to France.Special Features:
- Pleasant Surprise!jzeeDined on 4/10/2014A gem in Acton, excellent departure from a meeting in Boxboro. Try all the specials!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerhappycoupleDined on 3/29/2014I took my husband to Le Lyonnais for his birthday. We both ordered different items from the prefixe appetizer to dessert menu. It gave us the opportunity to try several items (pate, fish soup, pork, veal, chocolate mousse, and a caramel tart brought to the table with a candle in it). The menu had so many delicious looking items, as well as a few unusual items. We were at the restaurant for over two hours. We were never rushed. As a matter of fact, we had time to rest between each course, so we did not feel stuffed. The food was wonderfully presented and tasted delicious! Nellie, our server was attentive. She never let us feel rushed. She told us she would be there all night with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedglenDined on 3/14/2014The service was not knowledgeable about food in general or the menu. THe lamb was undercooded and basically inedible. The cassoulet was good. For some reason they don't salt any of their food enough. Will never go back.Special Features:
- InconsistentflyfishVIPDined on 3/8/2014Waited 15 minutes after being seated before waitstaff came to table. After that, service OK. Pleasant atmosphere. Wine list limited and pricey. Interesting menu. Special appetizer mushroom crepe well prepared, good flavor, lacking salt. Salmon and scallop entree excellent. Coquille st jaques scallops overcookedd, vegies excellent. Cheese cake dessert excellent. Coffee fine but milk and cream ice cold. (Never that way in Lyon FR). Overall somewhat pricey but interesting menu makes it worth a second try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great french dining in Acton!JDWWfoodieDined on 3/1/2014I took my wife here for a valentines dinner and have to say we were both very happy with this choice. The restaurant is actually a house that was converted so it has several smaller dining rooms with a very cozy almost rustic charm. Everything has a bit of a home made feel from the wine list to the menu, a nice change from dining in the city where things can be so overly polished. We had the mushroom crepe and mussels as appetizers. The mussels were unfortunately bland, but the crepe was very nice. For entree's I had the quail cassoulet and my wife had a seafood special, (sorry I forgot the names), both of which were excellent. Service was very good and except for the mussels the food was as well. Will be back to try the Duck L'orange!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood French restaurantdswartzDined on 2/22/2014Had a quail&rabbit confit special. Wife had chocolate mousse for dessert, and I had Crepes Joelle with a cappucino. Excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- world class quality diningme1nyVIPDined on 2/22/2014A chef owned charming French restaurant in Acton. Extensive menu, meticulous detail,beautiful presentation veggies and meat in many styles encompass pork loin, beef, lamb, sweetbreads tripe, seafood varieties with mussels, paella, cassoulet, duck, quail,,chicken, trout , skate,more. Everything is delicious. Generous portions, nice wine list. very reasonable prix fixe choices …and full menu as well. Well worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Delicious!mikeboldDined on 2/21/2014My wife and I wanted to try some where new and we are so glad that we chose Le Lyonnais. The food was outstanding and our service was great. This is a nice quaint spot and we had an outstanding evening. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Good ValueOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/21/2014We had not been to Le Lyonnais for about 25 years due to moves, etc. although it used to be a family favorite of all generations. When we went back last week it was every bit as wonderful as we had remembered it. Chef Girard and wife Joan greeted us as always - the food was fabulous; I had duck which was cooked to perfection and onion soup that was the best I've ever had. We hope to be back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014The menu was expensive but the quality of the food was not there. You can find much better French restaurant elsewhere.
- The food poor. The ambiancedinerwithhubbyDined on 2/14/2014The food poor. The ambiance was charming except that the lighting was much too bright in one half of the room and there was no music for ambiance. There's an awkward wait when one arrives. The wait service was barely fair. the cocktails were stingy.
- Le Lyronaise for dinner!RlaneDined on 2/14/2014Excellent meal, excellent choices from their Prix Fixed menu. This is a special occasion type place for me. We went on Valentines day and we were not dissapointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost outstandingMusedmanDined on 2/14/2014Valentine's Day at Le Lyonnais ended years of passing bye and stating "gee, we should stop there some day." "Open Table's" reservation service easily found a table for two with no problem at all. From the beginning, little things began to chip away at the one missing star in my review. Parking was insufficient for diners on that evening. We were seated promptly and cocktails were ordered. Our diminutive martinis were largely gin flavored vermouth and not well made at all. My escargot and my wife's poached pear salad were top notch, as was the stuffed quail and venison which I found slightly overdone. Ending with a chocolate fruit cup was perfect. Perhaps a surprise sorbet to cleanse the palate might have help justify $200+ check.Special Features:
- off the beaten pathBostonDinerDined on 2/6/2014Quaint, small French restaurant with owner/chef of 42 years.Special Features:
- Good but not greatdwb666Dined on 2/1/2014Our first time at the restaurant. First impressions OK. The menu was wide and varied. Chose the French Onion soup - it was OK. Then had one of the seafood specials. Again OK. Dessert - just OK. There's a theme here. The service started out a little shaky - we asked to substitute something on the menu and you felt you were putting them out. The service got better towards the end. Nothing intrinsically wrong with the whole experience - I just wasn't wowed enough to go back as (in my opinion) there are better options nearby. However if someone invited me to join them for a meal there, I'd go.Special Features:
- We had a most enjoyable dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/1/2014We had a most enjoyable dinner at Le Lyonnais, my husband really enjoyed his Cassoulet and my Breaded Veal was moist and delicious. We will definitely be making a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingenjoyedDined on 1/14/2014from start to finish (escargot to tournedos to chocolate mousse) the food was delightful. The chef even came out when we were finished our meal to see if we enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great French BistroAlexVIPDined on 1/14/2014When you are in the mood for a great french bistro Le Lyonnais will not fail. It has the classics you would expect, Coq au Vin and Cassoulet, but also surprise with some nouveau French dishes. I was in town for business and happened upon the place. I would definitely revisit the next time in town.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable, tasty eveningTonyBVIPDined on 1/10/2014A touch of Lyon in Metrowest -- food is outstanding and overall a very pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.