740 rue William
Montreal, QC H3C 1P1Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: CAN$51 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.resto-lelocal.com/
- Phone: 5143977737
- Hours of Operation:
The kitchen is open:
Monday to Friday, from 11:30 a.m. to midnight
Saturday, from 5:30 p.m. to midnight
Sunday, from 5:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Charles Emmanuel Pariseau
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Situé à l'étage, L'Atelier accueille vos réunions d'affaires ou vos événements privés. Offrant une luminosité abondante, la salle peut accueillir 100 personnes pour un cocktail ou 60 personnes assises. L'atmosphère chaleureuse et contemporaine est un mélange d'élégance et de simplicité, qui ne renie pas la fonctionnalité puisqu'elle peut accueillir tous les équipements technologiques de pointe nécessaires à vos besoins. Groupes de 15 personnes et plus. Located on the first floor, L'Atelier is designed to host your business meetings or private events. This luminous room can welcome up to 100 people for a cocktail or seat up to 60 guests for a meal. The warm and contemporary atmosphere offers a perfect blend of functional elegance and simplicity. The room can accommodate all the state-of-the-art technological equipment that you might need. For groups of 15 people or more.
- Private Party Contact: Marie Christine Couture 5143977737
- Special Events: BUSINESS MEETING & EVENTS Located on the first floor, L’Atelier is designed to host your business meetings or private events. This luminous room can welcome up to 90 people for a cocktail or seat up to 45 guests for a meal. The warm and contemporary atmosphere offers a perfect blend of functional elegance and simplicity. The room can accommodate all the state-of-the-art technological equipment that you might need. For groups of 15 people or more. Breakfast, lunch or dinner can be served at your convenience by our friendly, efficient staff. L’Atelier Dining Room (groups of 15 people or more) For more information, contact Marie Claude Boucher : email@example.com Phone: 514 397-7737 poste 302
A word from Le Local
In addition to entertaining, contemporary cuisine, Le Local restaurant offers a unique urban concept. Located at the heart of Old Montreal, in a building that still resonates with echoes of the past, the restaurant boasts a spectacularly large dining room and terraces which can seat up to 170 people. An interesting blend of rustic and modern, the stunning decor combines concrete, steel, brick and glass to breathtaking effect.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Le Local reviews from OpenTable diners
- A special mealJohndoughDined on 1/6/2014The service was very attentive and timely and all the courses we selected were very tasty. The sommelier was knowledgeable and helpful in making our selection from an abundant list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencerocket9Dined on 12/30/2013It was our first time at Le Local, we enjoyed it and will try it again for sure. The food was excellent and the menu offered a good variety. They have a great selection of wines for all budget. the service was very professionnal. We liked the location and design of the restaurant. Expect to pay $100 per person all included for a 3 service dinner with wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine list too expensiveJocelyneDined on 12/28/2013Perfect for the food but the wine list is too expensive. Don't want to pay 150$ a bottle to go with a 25$ main course. The list should be revised with More affordable wines.Special Features:
- Perfect for a lunch meetingCestmoiDined on 12/13/2013Nice food, great service, and a comprehensive wine listSpecial Features:
- Absolutely greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/6/2013Food was absolutely great and selected wine (by the glass) was excellent which is not always the case when restaurants are offering a small selection by the glass. Service was really good too. It's been some time since my last visit but now, just can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in montreal!LizannerDined on 12/2/2013Delicious food and great service Most professional and friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSBGBDined on 11/29/2013A friend recommended Le Local and we went to have dinner for our anniversary. The ambience, food and overall vibe was excellent. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business dinerPierreH172Dined on 11/25/2013Nice spot to invite, host for special occasion or business diner (2 to 6) if in the main dining area. Not recommended for detailed or private conversation as seating is fairly tight quarters, you can easily be overheard. I like the private room off the side street for group of 6 or more. Much more adapt to nice business discussion or intimate private gathering with a few friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing and DelightfulBarbieDined on 11/23/2013We were seated in the bar area and found the atmosphere relaxing and enjoyable. The service was excellent and our evening memorable for a complete package that worked perfectly. Highlights were the Sucre et Sale dessert and the Pacific Black Cod. Both were presented beautifully and the tastes impeccably designed. We will return! Merci.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatSammyDined on 11/22/2013Menu is Montreal bistro style. Food was delicious and service was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerPapillondenuitDined on 11/17/2013Read the reviews- both good and bad- before deciding on this place. So glad we did. The food and service was superb. We had a main course and dessert. Main courses were chef's specials of the day- black cod and Guinea fowl. Both courses were wonderfully presented on the plates. The wine selection was assisted by a knowledgeable staff person. His choice was great. The restaurant might seem a little out of the way but it was an easy walk from the Delta Hotel or a short taxi ride.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Belle découverteCathDined on 11/15/2013Super ambiance, beau resto, très bon service. Le seul bémole, un peu l'impression de payer pour le nom. Disons que c'était très bon, mais un peu cher.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambienceDonnaVIPDined on 11/14/2013Food was good but menu selections were limited. Food was either standard fair or too out there. Very pricey wine list.Special Features:
- Lunch au localKolaDined on 11/14/2013Nourriture excellente, principalement le dessert pot de caramel à la fleur de sel. Toutefois, service trop lent pour un lunch de semaine qui a duré 2 heures.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Une coche au dessusLillyDined on 11/12/2013Trés bon restaurant aussi bien pour le lunch qu'en soirée. Pour moi l'une des meilleures tables de Montreal, que je classerai parmi les 5 meilleures. Entrées variées et toutes trés réussies, Légumes excellents, viande exquise, portions équilibrées, présentation raffinée sans prétention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in every respectBmanVIPDined on 11/9/2013We found "Le Local" through "Montreal a Table" restaurant week, and we are mad at ourselves for not finding it earlier. Every dish was excellent. An extensive wine list that covered all ranges, and a really neat décor with an open kitchen. The real knock out though was the service - it is 100% a team approach, and every server who came to our table was first rate. We will definitely visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EddyeddyDined on 11/6/2013J'adore Le Local. La table d'hôte n'avait que 2 choix. Connaissant ce restaurant ils auraient pu faire mieux. L'atmosphère est très jeune professionnel(le). C'est très IN!!! J'y ai déjà fêté mes enfants et ceux de ma conjointe et ils ont adoré. Je le recommande fortement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- all round great place. worthzackersDined on 11/4/2013all round great place. worth going to. we went on restaurant week and the food and service was every bit as good as it can be. recommend highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timedupuis120Dined on 10/30/2013First time here, food was great, fun place with great service!!Special Features:
- Music and ambiance WAY too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2013Techno music was like being in a club. I was very disappointed.
- Impressed our guestsJohndoughDined on 10/27/2013We chose Le Local to leave an impression on our globe-trotting good friends who are very knowledgeable in wines and good food. Their requests for a wine from their far-away homeland and differing epicurean preferences were met beyond their expectations and we were very glad to have selected Le Local to add to their long-lasting memories of this short return visit to our city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real find!livtoeatDined on 10/25/2013Dinner at Le Local was a great start to our weekend in Montreal! The place has a nice vibe and good energy without being loud and rushed. Food was fresh, interesting and artistically presented, and wine suggestions offered by a friendly, knowledgeable server enhanced each dish. We had carpaccio, and gravlax to start; papardelle with venison ragout, and black cod with honey/soy glaze for main course; and delightful vanilla pears for dessert...all excellent. Kitchen staff look like they love their jobs and it shows in the food. Will definitely go again next time we visit Montreal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IN PLACE FOR FOODIES.....foodloverDined on 10/24/2013Great food "ALWAY" love the liver. Service not alway that great as the servers should really pay attention to the customers and should not have to wait to order another drink ect..... I'll be back again as its still a great place to go...... ThanksSpecial Features:
- Best dining experience I've hadKateDined on 10/18/2013A great find. Amazing food, incredible ambiance and amazing service. The wine list is very comprehensive with options for any budget. The goat cheese and beat salad was the best salad we have ever had. I wanted to lick the plate! For mains, we had Beef Chuck, Arctic Char and Black cod. All were just to die for. We tasted each other's and couldn't decide which we liked more. The server was very knowledgeable, friendly and understanding of my friends gluten allergy. Just an overall amazing dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DissapointingMMM2dineDined on 10/12/2013I had been to the Local when it first opened and the menu was imaginative, the food was good and the atmosphere was great. This time around was a real dissapointment! Neither the food or presentation was inspiring. The portions seem to have grown but we left most of the food in our plate. If you are in the area you are much better off at Holders!
- A Very Memorable EveningmtlfoodieVIPDined on 10/5/2013I extremely recommend Le Local. Service, Food, Ambiance and Overall Experience was amazing. Take someone special or go with your friends. You will not regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurantguilbauaDined on 9/27/2013My boyfriend and I went to the Local friday night, and it was very nice. It was for his birthday, this restaurant is not the most romantic one but it was ok. The food was very good (the foie gras with a date square was quite weird and very rich though). The place and the service are great ! The peach desert is awesome.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is outstanding!FrauDined on 9/22/2013Absolutely loved this spot. Group of 6 and everyone commented: "best veal dish ever", "top 10 meal", etc. Sad that they were out of the fish special with olive spaetzle so early in the evening, but offered same dish with scallops and it did not disappoint - perfectly crisp sear on the scallops and lovely tender moist centres. The carnivores in our group were ga ga about the veal special and short ribs, and gave many thumbs up. Artfully presented dishes with little unexpected twists, such as the beet and goat cheese salad with crisp bacon bits and a croquet poached egg - delish! Excellent value for food quality, compared to other highly rated spots. Service was very attentive for the entire meal. Will be back on next visit to Montreal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atmosphere electricMoAmDined on 9/21/2013With friendly bar staff willing to mix you just the right drink and electronic music in the background, this is place is energetic and bustling, a perfect place to start a night out. A great variety of tapas and mains to choose from, gave us the opportunity to mix it up between ocean and land options. Would definitely return with a group of friends in tow.Special Features:
- Bonne tableJoubidouDined on 9/21/2013Les plats étaient succulents et les portions étaient généreuses. Le sommelier était sympathique et nous a bien conseillé. Le service était trop rapide et manquait de raffinement. Les serveurs pourraient être plus sympathiques.Special Features:
- Still on the markDingdangVIPDined on 9/17/2013Had not been here for a long time so thought it would be nice to try it again. Not disappointed at all . The ambience is lively and hopping and the wait staff very pleasant and accommodating. My gazpacho with a basilic mousse was outstanding and so was the carpaccio of beef with arugula, Parmesan shavings and truffle oil. My husbands' beet salad was delicious and so was his salmon tartare. We both had frites which were divine, The wine a New Zealand pinto noir was remarkable. All in all we were very happy campers.Special Features:
- Fantastic!RnRtableDined on 9/15/2013Excellent meal with great service. This was our first time at Le Local and certainly not the last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great times and great foodMichaelDined on 9/12/2013The place stands for its reputation all 100%. The service was fantastic and transparent. Food is outstanding. Impressive and affordable wine list with significant amount of private imports. Surprisingly, the nose level was bearable and didn't really needed to shout. Only one comment re: if seated close to the kitchen ( open concept) the smoke gets in the way a tiny bit. Overall - fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best.abc123Dined on 9/6/2013Service, from reservations to waiting tables, was exceptional, which is saying something since the service staff at the top drawer Montreal restaurants are already in a class of their own. The ambiance - low light, quiet conversation - made eating a pleasure. The food was fresh, imaginative, delicious and satisfying. Only a handful of places in the city are this good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot... Amazing food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2013What a great spot... Food was cared for and the staff was very friendly and knowledgeable! I had the Halibut and a side of smashed potatoes and was amazed! I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best entrecote in townGGlovetodineDined on 9/3/2013I was introduced to le local only last month. Impressed by the service, vibrant ambiance and clientele. Seating at a round table contributed to our enjoyment and conversations. Interesting, contemporary menu items for both entree' and main menu. I ordered crab cakes and the ten ounce sirloin strip. I have never enjoyed a steak more than at le local, with the exception of my second visit, I ordered the steak a second time, as perfect & delicious as the first. Other orders included pave de fléton (excellent) our vegan was accommodated by one of the chef' with a special order, delicious as well. My impression was so positive second time round I will reserve our company Christmas lunch at le local. Christmas cannot come quickly enough.Special Features:
- Poisson trop cuit !!!Vroum21VIPDined on 9/1/2013Le flétan était trop cuit et sec dans un Resto de cette classe c'est très surprenant. Le service était plutôt froid et le serveur n'était pas du tout surpris par la cuisson du poisson et n'a eu aucune réaction à notre remarque...Special Features:
- Excellent spot in Montreal!ShelleyDVIPDined on 8/31/2013Le Local was a wonderful dining experience in Montreal (and this is coming from restaurant-spoiled New Yorkers)! Located a bit off the beaten path but in a beautiful space, despite what season you find yourself dining. The outdoor patio was lovely and perfect for a late summer meal. If it had been colder, the inside was great as well with an open, loft-like design. We shared three of the appetizers (crab cake, steak tartare and tuna tataki), split the duck confit and then finished with the chef's dessert selections. I do not think there was a single morsel of food left. Everything was delicious! The service was great as well, although they were not particularly busy on the night we visited. I highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavourful delight!MtlFoodieDined on 8/24/2013The appetizers and entrees were simply delicious. The original blend of flavours surprised our whole table and left us wanting more. We visited this establishment three times this summer. The food was always scrumptious and well plated. Our first two times, the summer dessert menu was on display. We could not rave more about the mango and banana desserts. The combination of tastes filled in one small dessert plate took our breath away and left us wanting more. During our third visit, the fall dessert menu was on display (peach and pistachio). Sadly, it was good but not as exceptional as the summer one. However, our time at Le Local far surpasses our dining experience at most restaurants in the area. Keep up the fabulous culinary experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Belle découvertelucie21aoutDined on 8/21/2013mon conjoint et moi, avons beaucoup apprécié, l'endroit. La terrasse est ultra confortable et la nourriture était délicieuse. Les assiettes très bien présentées et garnies. Le service impeccable, nous avions demandé une table tranquille pour un souper d'amoureux et nous avons été fort bien. Merci aux serveurs qui ont été tout à fait charmants et de bon conseil !!! J'avais déjà eu l'occasion de diner à l'intérieur à 2 reprises pour le lunch et j'avais beaucoup aimé. Étant de passage à Montréal une nouvelle fois dans le quartier, je n'ai pas hésité à réserver pour une expérience de souper et je n'ai pas été déçue ! Je le recommande à tous !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.