Montreal, QC H2Z 1L7Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lelatini.ca/
- Phone: 5148613166
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 11:30pm; Dinner: Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Joao Mendes
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Le Latini
Le Latini is considered to be the best Italian restaurant in town and one of the best restaurants in Montreal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Le Latini - Best Restaurants in Montreal ›
Le Latini reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelQuiet
notable wine list (11)special occasion (10)romantic (9)fit for foodies (6)great for lunch (6)good for groups (5)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (4)neighborhood gem (3)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Excellent lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/29/2014Lunch menu was an excellent choice, fresh & seasonal inspirations. One remark is that we found the service too quick - there was practically no time between starter, main dish and coffee. A pity for a restaurant with this reputation.Special Features:
- Great CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/20144 of us dined July 2014. We all ate from the daily special menu. The onion soup pottage was very good, the salad was excellent. The Veal was tender and very tasty. The porgy (fish) was outstanding. It had a lemon glaze with toasted almonds and pasta. The chocolate mousse cake very good. We asked for a wine recommendation and what was suggested fit perfectly with both meal choices and was excellent. The service was exceptional! Good choice for a celebration.Special Features:
- DisappointingSlyfortVIPDined on 7/25/2014Very slow service, start to finish. Great spot to have a sit down dinner if you're going to Place des Arts, as very limited options around. This restaurant relies on its reputation, but wasn,t enough for me and group of 6.
- Service rapideAlphafoxDined on 7/12/2014Nous avons bien mangé sans plus. Le service un peu trop rapide, nous sommes arrivés vers 19:30 et 20:15 nous finissions déjà notre repas principal. Nous aurions peut-être dû les aviser que nous n'étions pas pressés. Nous célébrions un anniversaire et sans aviser les serveurs, le fêter a reçu un dessert avec une bougie, belle attention du personnel. Un peu dispendieux comme restaurant.Special Features:
- Great restaurantTeatimedVIPDined on 7/11/2014My husband and I celebrated our 27th anniversary there on Friday night. The food was amazing as was the service. It was a beautiful evening so we were seated outdoors...it was just beautiful with the small waterfalls in the background and plants everywhere, candlelight at the tables...very romantic. Oh, the mystery desert was to die for!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/9/2014The food and wine pairing was very good. Beautiful presentation. Creative plating. Service good but lacking in warmth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NormanDined on 6/20/2014always excellent! staff kindly had us visit their wine cellar and fantastic group dining room in the basement. my clients were very impressed with the place my favorite italian restaurant in the worldSpecial Features:
- Outstanding and flavourful !!!YULdiningVIPDined on 6/14/2014The best in Montreal... best outdoor terrasse ever... Marco and Pedro thank you for your hospitable service and great advice on wine selection :)Special Features:
- good place before theatreOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/4/2014near Place des Arts and Théatre du Nouveau mode. Great place to have dinner before going to theater. Special menu at 35$. Great food and efficient service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EntousiasticDined on 5/27/2014We were there to benefit from the guest table at 5:30 pm. All was super including service and especially food. I will return as soon as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 103 reviews are from the Le Latini reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/23/2014The Menu at 35$ was good value. Scaloppine very good and dessert as well Decor is getting oldSpecial Features:
- Classic spot delivers the goodsbobsyouruncleDined on 5/12/2014It is difficult to suggest a dish at Le Latini as everything we had was great, but ... try to include at least one of their pastas. The room is one of the best in Montreal and the service is professional. Our lunch at Le Latini was also great value as we both selected items from the $25 prix fixe luncheon menu. (I never expected to see Le Latini and value in the same sentence.) This place is a Montreal classic which should be a featured stop on visitors' itinerary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- for the price I do expectbabaDined on 4/4/2014for the price I do expect excellence. Cold plates, sent back the soup, almost cold. Service ? ? main dish, not impressed, also cold plate, need to go back to the oven. forget it ! One star ? for me no *
- ExceptionalLarryDined on 3/31/2014The best italian food in Montreal; period! Always fresh and tasty. Wine always exceptional. Waiters most professional. My favourite place to eat in town. Most beautiful downtown terrace in the summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usualATurmelDined on 3/14/2014Cannot miss with Latini; food great and attentive service (not pretentious). Only recommendation would be the choice of music; not classic enough for type of restaurant but music was not unpleasant.Special Features:
- SERVICEOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014The food is always so original and amazing. Some waiters are amazing, especially Davide but some are so, so, including the one we got this past Saturday night. Davide even took the time to come by and say hi. Next time I will ask for his section specifically.Special Features:
- Food was lovely. Service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/14/2014Food was lovely. Service was attentive. Found the décor to be a bit dated. Otherwise a lovely meal, if a bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A restaurant to discoverDivaDined on 1/18/2014We were looking for a good restaurant tp go to before going to the théâtre, we really enjoyed "Le Latini". Great service, Nice Warn place, great food, Nice presentation. Spécial menu for "spectacles" .WE will go back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Italian in MontrealwethackreyDined on 12/13/2013Very personable staff, great sommelier, terrific wine list (mostly Italian). This place is just steps from the Courtyard Marriott downtown. The food was tasty. They specialize is seafood but everything we had was very good. A bit on the expensive side, but not overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good first experiencePierreVIPDined on 11/29/2013We had a reservation for 9:00 pm on a Friday night. Not much people, food was very good, impressive wine list, very good service, and a real wood fireplace, to warm up the atmosphere. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You cant really go wrongGaryMtlVIPDined on 10/21/2013This place has been around for ages however has not aged. The service and food are great however do come at higher than Park Ave prices. A little pricey but always an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- To expensive vs qualityDfamilyDined on 10/12/2013At this price...you would expect something special... not only noodles with sea food on it...Special Features:
- Great but maybe lateCarolbeeDined on 10/7/2013Our meal was FAB - hubby had pasta (super yum) and I did mostly fishy. Perfect. Perfect service. So where are all the patrons? We are talking a very good restaurant - maybe they eat late . . . we eat rather early - and in this case, very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used to be betterZardozVIPDined on 10/3/2013I have been going to Latini for many years, and the culinary experience has been degrading recently especially when taking into account the price. There are much better options in town.
- Première classeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2013Service de très haute qualité, attentionné. Généreuses portions, RaffinementSpecial Features:
- Excellent for lunch and privacyPierreDined on 8/29/2013Excellent service and food. Service adjust to your needs and time you have for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/28/2013Great service & superb Italian specialties at Le Latini. Very convenient for a business lunch, its welcoming staff and overall atmosphere lead me to believe that it is a great place for more casual or festive occasions too. Will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and excellent serviceDanielleDined on 8/8/2013As always, spent a very nice evening with friends from France enjoying a very good meal. We were sitting 'half inside and half outside' so it was very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice italian restaurantVinceDined on 8/1/2013A good place downtown Montreal, classic and traditional italian restaurant From my own point of view they are just too expensive for what they offered. Very nice decoration and murano glass, location is perfect and easy to park.Special Features:
- Great outdoor dining experiencerestobuffDined on 7/22/2013We had a nice table besides a pond filled with plants and flowers. I wanted to impress my nephew and that made it. Great food! Nice desserts! Would go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Hassle ComboRadmanDined on 7/11/2013I asked to have the squid ink Linguini to be used in a lobster dish and the waiter repleyed with a NO Problem answer!!!! and what a great dish it was. Took a work colleague and a customer to the restaurant and we all left very satiated and happy avout our dining experience.......VIVA LA Le LatiniSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Au Latini, on prend soin deMary123Dined on 6/21/2013Au Latini, on prend soin de chaque personne. Les suggestions du serveur sont toujours de bons choix. C'est au Latini qu'on sert le meilleur dessert du monde: Le Pralinato! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!Malulu69Dined on 6/12/2013Bon accueil, cadre très agréable, service très courtois et nourriture excellente préparée avec des aliments de première qualité! Je le recommande fortement !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely fantasticYULdiningVIPDined on 6/6/2013Montreal's finest italian restaurant offering tasty quality cuisine and exquisite friendly service. A must go place. A must revisit place. Bon appétit !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The reputation somewhat differsHappytraveler54Dined on 6/6/2013It's a great place; no doubt about it but... It is overpricey for the food quality it offers. There a other Italian cuisine restaurant as good but much less expensive. The wine list is impressive but very costly. The atmosphere was okay since a table beside ours had 4 gentlemen a bit noisy (maybe too much wine...). We went to Le Latini before bit will probably won't go back. The owner is diffrent and it is not as attractive as it used to beSpecial Features:
- le latinigoodrestaurantloverDined on 5/31/2013service was polite but not very friendly my friend meal (veal) was very good, my pasta with seafood just OK dessert very good (cannolo and semifreddo)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 stars prices for 3 stars foodGolftangoDined on 5/29/2013Been there with my wife for the second time in ten years. Well I must say that the taste, the portions and the presentation of the plates did not impressed me. If you pay the full price then you should eat somewhere else. Very expensive for what it is! The Italian wine list may be fabulous but watch your wallet. They have only few wines available by the glass and no half bottles. Will definitely not return!Special Features:
- Very nice eveningnanie1469Dined on 5/11/2013Good food, excellent service, a bit pricy for the food, and the plate presentation could have been better, but overall, we had an excellent evening. The wine list is amazing. Tks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very expensive restaurant!MemberVIPDined on 4/27/2013A very expensive restaurant! We did not have many options on a Saturday night for a table of five, so we dined here. The food was good, but certainly not worth the money paid. The presentation is beautiful -- soup is served directly from copper pot as is the mushroom risotto. However, the minestrone was flavorless - badly in need of seasonings as basic as salt! The risotto was also good, but again, not worth the very high price. The veal piccata was great, but the potatoes served on the side were cold. Paying $40 for the plate, I expect the ENTIRE dish to be served hot. The waiter took forever to introduce himself and was not very present after that. Eye contact with several other waiters, but none asked if we needed assistance.
- Nous n'étions pas allés chezOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/16/2013Nous n'étions pas allés chez Latini depuis plusieurs années. Nous n'avons pas aimé notre expérience. Des homards vivants se promenaient sur de la glace dans un étal devant notre table. C'était cruel de les voir ainsi mourir à petit feu. Les plats étaient médiocres et le prix était complètement inapproprié. Nous n'y retournerons plus.