1257 River Road
Edgewater, NJ 07020Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lejardinnj.com/
- Phone: (201) 224-9898
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, French
- Executive Chef: Franco Gilaga
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties with menus customized for every client.
- Private Party Contact: Bridget 2012249898x
- Entertainment: Live piano on Friday & Saturday nights.
A word from Le Jardin
Perched on a bluff, overlooking the Hudson River, Le Jardin offers a unique dining experience. Whether its a power lunch or a romantic dinner for two, the authentic continental French cuisine creates a memorable culinary experience. The enclosed terrace, outdoor garden, the fire place, and the dazzling views combine to make Le Jardin the perfect setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Le Jardin reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (15)great for outdoor dining (12)romantic (12)special occasion (11)neighborhood gem (8)fit for foodies (7)vibrant bar scene (5)good for groups (4)notable wine list (3)great for lunch (3)hot spot (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- SuperbfitfreddieDined on 11/14/2014Brought our out of town friends for dinner and they loved the restaurant as we do. Love coming here and we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous view and very good food....jorgeVIPDined on 11/12/2014Le Jardin has a beautiful view of the NY skyline. The food is delicious and the price is right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurantbriamil2Dined on 11/9/2014Food? Great. Ambiance? Great. Service? Very good. My husband and I celebrated his 35th birthday here on a Sunday evening. There was only one other group there, which didn't both us at all. The lighting was great. The noise was great. Little chatter and music that was playing at very appropriate volume. We were sat at a table overlooking the water - very nice. When we ordered dessert, the staff put a candle in it and sang Happy Birthday to my husband - this was a nice surprise. Also, the food came in a prompt manner which I would expect considering it was a slow night for them. My only complaint is that we waited a long time for our check.Special Features:
- Special dinnergreenthumbDined on 10/28/2014I've been to Le Jardin many times, but not recently. I'm very glad I chose it for a dinner with family members who had never been. The place is great for visitors from out of town because of the great view. The food was excellent - all thought so. Our service was very good although when a large group (party) arrived in the bar area near end of our dinner, our waiter was busy passing food and never reappeared. We had to get up and ask maitre'd for the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance and foodfjresqDined on 9/26/2014The ambiance and service are still excellent, and the food has been significantly upgraded since my last dinner hear a couple of years ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014food was outstanding! The fish selections and the duck were to die for. Don't miss the soufflé for desert!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenic le jardinLuluVIPDined on 8/16/2014Beautiful setting but food was over cooked and bland. Good service, but music was way too loud on the outside patio and very annoying. Go for drinks on a nice evening and done somewhere else!Special Features:
- Fantastic View of New York CityfitfreddieDined on 8/9/2014Great service, Friendly staff, Delicious food, Wonderful ambiance!! Piano player was great. We enjoyed our meal and dancing afterwards at the bar complete our evening. Wonderful wonderful time. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- The following 212 reviews are from the Le Jardin reviews archive.
- Lunch SpecialStrangerDined on 7/2/2014This is a place to come for the view with friends who enjoy great food and wine, and abide awhile. The ambiance is excellent, and the menu extensive and spectacular - as is the view across the Hudson to New York City. Service is excellent, but never hurried.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le Jardin enjoyable experiencedmoeatsDined on 6/26/2014The food was very good and the atmosphere and view was elegantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not greatNyr7VIPDined on 6/24/2014The view is great, the crowd was scarey. Very bizarre bar scene. The music was very loud , the service was o.k. But the food was awful. We only go in the summer but won't go back.Special Features:
- EmandeeDined on 6/23/2014Service was adequate but slow at check time. The food was plentiful (we took half home) and very well prepared, except for the somewhat stringy pea pods. The view was wonderful, probably better when it gets dark, except then we would not have seen the wandering muskrat having his dinner. The outside bar seemed to be very popular.Special Features:
- Not worth the money & hearing lossFoodVIPDined on 6/21/2014Asked four times for the music to be turned down outside, never happened. Fish was overcooked and vegetables not seasoned at all. Potatoes were bland and rock hard. The waiter was very apologetic when the manager wouldn't turn down the music which was a mixture of top 40 and hard rock, not what I would call dinner music. The only thing this place has is a good view.Special Features:
- Spend $13 & drive to NYCBonnemamanVIPDined on 6/15/20141) Ask if there's a party and if yes, eat outside. Loud and really bad music playing eliminated conversation possibilities have a conversation. Hostess didn't seem to care, just said, "Well, there's a party." 2) Don't go if rushed. Full hour after ordering before our main course came. 3) Mango salad sounded great but dressing was way too sour and the pepper jack cheese did not go with anything else. Fortunately I had them leave it off mine; my husband did not. 4) I ordered the risotto special with sea food. The mussels were incredibly overcooked and tough. On the positive side, when I told the waiter, I got perfectly cooked mussels. The 2 pieces of shrimp had a strong ammonia flavor. 5) Wait staff was wonderful as was the view.
- Sunday BrunchFoodie4lifeDined on 6/15/2014The ombiance was magnificent as usual! The food was great. We had an amazing seat that overlooked the river, NYC's skyline, and of course the bridge. I was very please with everything. It was just perfect for Father's Day brunch. I'll be looking forward to my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion findavivac75VIPDined on 6/11/2014This is our 'go to' place for a romantic lunch/dinner/special occasion... the food, the ambiance, the service.. always terrific.. and lunch 'express' for $24.95 is an amazing value.. great wines, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cigar smoking outside a turn offdisappointedDined on 6/8/2014We made reservations with open table. Arrived on a lovely day eager to eat outside. We found our table boarded cigar smoking clients which was not acceptable. We then left not choosing to eat inside. The next day we received an email stating we were a no show. Not trueSpecial Features:
- Le Jardin, Edgewater~:(KleeVIPDined on 5/29/2014I was quite disappointed after a recent dining experience at this establishment. I had higher expectations for the quality of the food, the ambience and the service. The meal I ordered was delivered undercooked and had to be returned to the kitchen. From there the dining experience went downhill including overcharging for the dish. The salmon was fresh, however the other items that were plated with it had seen better days. The advertising for Le Jardin promises fabulous views. Yes, you will see the GW Bridge....but forget about seeing NYC. There are treetops in the way as well as a line of townhomes that run down to the river. Maybe it was just "a comedy of errors" but would not return to Le Jardin.Special Features:
- WE WILL BE BACKOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/26/2014We had a wonderful lunch @ Le Jardin with terrific views of Hudson River and NYC. The menu had excellent choices. All of our platters were cooked to perfection with generous portions. Service was right on time; Nicely done.Special Features:
- Just okayOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/13/2014Their food was okay, the view and the atmosphere was good, but the service was sub par. Their wine list didn't have the vintages. Their food was not hot or cold, just room temperature. Even my steak was room temperature. The waiter was just standing around, he was only serving one table, our table, but we had to hail him to give us more water, take the plates away, etc. For the price, it really is not worth it, no wonder it was 90% empty.Special Features:
- Mother's dayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Had a great time on Mother's day Food very tasty My mother was very pleasedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentLaLa323Dined on 5/11/2014Took my mother for Mothers Day brunch. Everyone was pleasant. The view was gorgeous. The food was delicious. Loved it and planning her birthday there already! Lol Worth checking out, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a night at Le JardinOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/10/2014we arrived late and they were quite cordial. the staff was attentive and helpful. The food was good from the New England clam chowder to the risotto with scallops and shrimp. in addition the view of the New York skyline at the end of day was thrilling and even seeing the moon rise in the sky. we had a delightful time and will return for the overall experience.Special Features:
- Great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/5/2014Fantastic view only wish the food would match. Salads are good . But , entrees are quite mediocreSpecial Features:
- Everything was wonderful,StrangerDined on 4/11/2014Everything was wonderful, as always. That's why we keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceSteveVIPDined on 4/5/2014This is an excellent place for a date. Great food, excellent ambiance, try the escargot for sure.Special Features:
- Nice spotLisaDined on 3/15/2014Very nice spot for dinner. Food was excellent. Service very good. Beautiful view!Special Features:
- Terrible Valet ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/15/2014Husband's new BMW dented and scratched by valet parking. Check your car before driving away.
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/1/2014The food and service were very good. There were several specials and a varied choice from the basic menu. Service was attentive and helpful. The view was outstanding on a clear night.Special Features:
- Waiters need workFitGuyDined on 2/22/2014Went there because I like a good relaxing meal with not to much noise. I asked for a window table when I booked my table but I didn't get one. Then when I asked the waiter what kind of Burbon they had he said only Jack Daniels. Then the boss came over when started to walk out and told me he had Burbon. But he tried to put me down and make feel like like I was fool. I then educated him on Burbon. Definitely for the over 50-60 crowd not the 40 but good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le jardinNotsohappyDined on 2/14/2014The service was the best part of the night. Everything else could have been better. I wasn't impressed. Le jardin is over ratedSpecial Features:
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/14/2014Although a crazy Valentines night they handled it well. Food and services consistently good. Biggest problem was parking. Valet service backed up for at least 1/2 hourSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Good.OverpricedDined on 1/30/2014Always reliable. Food is good, service is excellent and the view is exceptional. We always like to bring people for out of town to see the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely dinnerRobynslp95VIPDined on 1/11/2014I used to frequent Le Jardin more often when it first opened, but it kind of fell of my routine. We started at the bar for a cocktail, lovely piano music playing , nice couples to converse with an a great martini list. Dinner was not rushes, we had a great NYC view. Crab cocktail, lobster salad, veal milanese and lamb shank were all very good. Wine list was not outrageously priced either and a few really good cab selections. It was not packed at all which made me question why, being I could not find anything wrong with it. The party room has a gorgeous fireplace I would consider this for a shower, communion etc.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real GemHappyVIPDined on 1/5/2014We have been at this restaurant many, many times and love the fact that the food is delicious and the service is the best as always..Special Features:
- Noisy, but great foodomnivoreDined on 12/29/2013Excellent food and a beautiful view of the Hudson and GW Bridge. The evening was marred by the very high noise level of this charming bistro due to the lack of any carpet or drapes. Overall, the dinner was pricey-way too high considering the location (Edgewater, NJ ) and slightly uncomfortable atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The apps were AMAZING! UnfortunatelBradDined on 12/28/2013The apps were AMAZING! Unfortunately the entrees were a disappointment. The griper tasted very fishy and the steak which was ordered medium rare was somehow dry. I would go back to sit at the bar and order apps.Special Features:
- Good foodGreevesVIPDined on 12/28/2013I have been to this restaurant several times and, I do like the food even if the service is uneven. The bus boy gave the take-away bags to the wrong people even when we asked him to be sure the bags contained our food. The next day, sure enough, it wasn't our food. Very disappointing. All that aside, I will return to Le Jardin because I do like the food and the view.Special Features:
- Excellent Christmas DinnerRandyJVIPDined on 12/25/2013My family had a terrific experience here. The food was excellent and the wait staff impeccable. On the expensive side but for a special occasion well worth it. Dover sole and NY strip are excellent choices here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Lovely EveningRoRoVIPDined on 11/23/2013We enjoyed our first visit to Le Jardin this past Saturday night. Although we did not encounter any French staff, the food, service and ambience were superb. The only negative was the noise level in the dining room overlooking the Hudson. The view helped to lessen the impact of the noise. The piano bar after dinner was great fun and Max was wonderful. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.