Le Grand Bistro and Oyster Bar
1512 Curtis St.
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Le Grand Bistro and Oyster Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 3035341155x
- Hours of Operation:
This Business is Closed Permanently
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Private Party Facilities: Le Grand offers everything from exclusive space for up to 100 guests - fully equipped with all your audiovisual needs - reception space for up to 125, large party dining for up to 175, & premiere event space for up to 500 guests
- Private Party Contact: Christine Martinez 3035341155
A word from Le Grand Bistro and Oyster Bar
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for three great years!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Le Grand Bistro and Oyster Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (11)great for brunch (9)neighborhood gem (5)good for groups (4)notable wine list (3)great for outdoor dining (3)special occasion (3)romantic (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- SpottymikeDined on 5/17/2014Ordered a starter of Pate which had good flavor but was delivered to the table without ant bread to eat it on and no plates. For entree one opt us ordered the mussels. The were not hot and they had absolutely no flavor. The manager was lovely and took them off the bill. Restaurant would be great for pre theater meal if they could develop consistency in service and taste. We were tended to by no less than three people two of which were not our server
- Menu is too limitedattentiontodetailDined on 5/17/2014I have been to this restaurant many times...where is the escargot when did dessert turn into taste tidbits?
- Duck ConfitOkobojibelleVIPDined on 5/16/2014I had the Duck Confit and while the flavor was really good, it was a bit dry. And the waitress was probably a bit busy so she wasn't always as prompt as I needed. This place usually does a great job so I am guessing this is just an off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good food, great serviceilyannaDined on 5/15/2014Located in the Bauer building, Le Grand Bistro is a perfect precursor to a night at the theater. The menu isn't extensive, but there's something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day Brunchdyer5280Dined on 5/11/2014We love the restaurant, unfortunately, the Mother's Day brunch was a fail. Upon arrival at 1:30pm, the majority of the buffet trays were empty, seemed abandoned with no one filling the empty trays of food. Overall not many options such as cheese, fruit, pastries which would seem likely for French cuisine. Not worth it for $40 per person.Special Features:
- Stick to DinnerfoodDined on 5/11/2014Dinner is good at Le Grand Bistro, but the Mother's Day brunch was way overpriced for buffet food with no other options. Basically was $40 for an omelette and some over heated/dried potatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thinks highly of itself...familyof4Dined on 5/11/2014Went for Mother's Day and they only were serving their buffet which was absurdly overpriced ($40/per person). At this price I would expect excellent food with plenty of choice, instead got mediocre food which was constantly out of stock. In addition, one valet attendant in what is likely their busiest brunch day...
- No oysters at the oyster bar??AMomDined on 5/11/2014My last trip in here for dinner: out of oysters. Mother's Day brunch buffet: NO OYSTERS. Seriously? Last year they were served, which is the whole reason we booked our reservation for Mother's Day here. I heard other tables asking about it too- you had to buy them separately. For these prices, I was unimpressed, and our server was spread too thin and unattentive. Used to love it here. :-/
- Not worth the hypeDenverdinerDined on 5/8/2014My husband and I went here in search of good oysters. Although they were good the service wasn't. We were seated and waited a long time for anyone to take our order, we were not told about any specials, only learned about them by overhearing our waiter tell a neighboring table (of older coupes, perhaps they looked like they could afford 20% off a bottle of wine and because we are on our 20s we can not), and when we ordered 12 oysters in which we thought were a part of happy hour (as described on their website). We were quickly informed only 3/12 would qualify as happy hour when receiving the bill. Our waitor had no problem at all letting us know we misread. Thankfully the manager had better customer service. Not a great experience :(
- Perfect placePanchoJDined on 5/3/2014I have been at this establishment most recently for Easter brunch and was alittle disappointed but this time I am so glad I came back. They have the best champagne cocktails. The oysters were perfect. They were wonderful we told them we were going to the opera and they took very good care of us, to ensure we were wrapped up in time. It's definitely a place to go before or after an event downtown. The noise level could have so much noisier but we had a fine table to talk. I will come back this time to try dessert.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/2/2014Read about this restaurant in 5280 Magazine and it gave a favorable review so we decided to go before a symphony concert on a Friday. We had angliotti and the spaetzle with duck ragu. The spaetzle was crisp like it had been baked and there wasn't enough ragu sauce to get a taste of the near existent tomatoes and black olives. It was horrible. The angliotti was very good. Service was barely there. We ordered latte's and both were cold. One was supposed to be salted caramel but you couldn't taste that at all. Don't bother going to this place.
- Great food, details missedLocalBDined on 4/30/2014Had an early dinner before a play that all four of us found outstanding. Delicious appetizers, perfect springtime salad, and three different entrees all judged to be exceptional. Missing was attention to details such as bread to go with pate, a spoon or bread to enjoy the broth on mussels. Will definitely return to explore more of the menu.Special Features:
- AveragefoodyproDined on 4/29/2014The menu selection was small and the noise level was very loud.
- The following 821 reviews are from the Le Grand Bistro and Oyster Bar reviews archive.
- saturday eveningTheaterGoersDined on 4/26/2014Reserved for 5pm , table for 4. Seated on time. Food was ok. For all of the many other options downtown, this one was just ok. Nothing exceptionally noteworthy either positive or negative.
- Hope it was an off night...CarmodysPrizeDined on 4/25/2014The food was delicious, as usual. The atmosphere is kind of old world dark and spacious. There's enough life to feel energized, but normal conversation is possible. The service? We were invisible. Without reliving a poor experience, it took nearly two hours to have a salad and a main course. Every other item requested (ketchup and tea do not qualify us as high maintenance diners) either never showed up, or we had to ask multiple times. It seemed like we had a particularly inexperienced server, so we'll give it another try. We want this place to succeed, because it fills a niche that otherwise is absent in Denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better when not a Holiday BrunchPanchoJDined on 4/20/2014This is my second time at this establishment. I think the service was wonderful. The host sat us early and our waiter was wonderful. Every time there were oysters out he told us. The food the first time I came was wonderful, flavorful and tasty. I feel the food that was at brunch was tasty, but the selection was lacking. Also the oysters were not always there. I feel also that at 1:30 most everything was picked over also. I feel I had a better experience the first time. I will come back they have great champagne cocktails. The food on the menu is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedTravelerDined on 4/16/2014At times this place is full and lately, it has been quite empty. The service was horrible..We had a group of 10 and seemed ot be ingnored most of the time. Food was so-so..
- Very good, as usual!gdfdkmDined on 4/15/2014We have dined at Le Grand Bistro several times. Every time is a hit. The food is wonderful. Service has always been good. Great place to eat before a show (as it is very close to the theaters).Special Features:
- 3 types of juice offered forOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/5/20143 types of juice offered for mimosas. Birthday brunch was a blast. Potato and fries were a little too salty noted by everyone. We are still going to come back for Easter. Staff was tremendous.Special Features:
- LeGrand Bistro IS grand!OfAgeDined on 4/4/2014Second time we've eaten at LeGrand Bistro in downtown Denver, and just as wonderful this time around. Started with shaved country ham and assorted cheese as appetizers, which warmed us up for the pasta, fish, and steak. Our server, TJ, was attentive but never intrusive, and per our request we had an out-of-the-way booth, which gave us a feeling of privacy. What a lovely evening--thank you, LeGrand!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Take the time to savor the food!GingerDined on 3/29/2014Very unique entrees/combinations. Not your run-of-the-mill menu and excellent food preparation. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go-To RestaurantGoToDineDined on 3/22/2014This was one of the best finds in Denver - a great place for popping in for a drink, going out for a romantic night on the town, or for a group dinner (highly recommend sharing the charcuterie selections). The ambience and decor are beautiful - a pleasing mix of casual and chic. The wait-staff is always pleasant and timely - by which I mean you actually get to enjoy your meal, however many courses, without being hassled or rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun BistroLadyRowerVIPDined on 3/22/2014Great fun French Bistro in the heart of Downtown Denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding RestaurantfoodaholicDined on 3/21/2014This is an outstanding restaurant. It has very much a French Bistro feel with its tile floors, casual atmosphere and busy bar scene. It's somewhat noisy but not so much that you can't hear yourself speak. The service is friendly and efficient and the food is fabulous. The rabbit was the outstanding dish, but everything was excellent. Both duck dishes, the mahi mahi and the steak and frites all were declared delicious buy those of our party who ate them. The salads were different and good and the chocolate dessert--yum! And the prices, while not cheap, at least we didn't have to sell our first born to pay for the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot close to DCPA eventsFoodfanVIPDined on 3/21/2014So nice to have another pre-opera or theater option. Service, food and prices all good. Love the spring asparagus salad!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Great locationTBearVIPDined on 3/19/2014Great food. Great location just 1 1/2 blocks from DPAC.
- AmazingJennDined on 3/16/2014Just amazing...all the way down to the complimentary bread:)Special Features:
- not really FrenchlunchyDined on 3/15/2014The place was maybe 20% full but the service was so so so slow. The menu isn't big but the waiter kept coming back saying they were out of things we ordered. There were a lot of empty booths but they stuck us in some odd hallway table in the middle of foot traffic. It's maybe 1/3 French so if you want authentic, this is not the place. food was ok, tasty and cooked well but overpriced for what it was. I won't be going back.
- Would Have Given 4 Stars, But......OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/8/2014Disappointed that on a Saturday night @ 6:30PM, the restaurant was out of both their Mussels & Trumer Pilsner. Otherwise, the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Atmosphere, Nice DinnerTomKVIPDined on 3/8/2014Hidden on a side street, you almost do not notice this cute restaurant. French cuisines can sometimes be stuffy, or entrees loaded with sauces. Le Grand has a very well balanced menu, tasty and well presented food. I hidden gem that we highly recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were looking for a restaurantSusanDined on 3/2/2014We were looking for a restaurant close to DCPA that served food before the matinee started following a disappointing visit to the restaurant located there. The "brunch" menu was limited and we would have paid less for the same food at Village Inn. This must be a local attraction as it was quite busy when we left. I thought the interior was rather shabby, but maybe that's the attraction.
- Lunch and theaterJudyDined on 3/1/2014Food is always great and plentiful. Excellent service with friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Final day of restaurant week blues?NikkiPikkiBDined on 2/28/2014We had a reservation at 8:00 on the final night of restaurant week this weekend and were celebrating an out of town friends birthday. The server started visibly stressed, and clearly not enjoying the night. He started by letting us know they were out of the mahi, so now there were only 2 choices for a main course. On the guide to 5280, this restaurant noted that they had a vegan option, however when my entree arrived, it was smothered with Parmesan cheese. When I sent it back to the kitchen, they had the waiter offer me the steak since it was the most vegan option on their 5280 menu. What??? After speaking with the manager, I received a cheese free version of what I originally ordered, however all of my friends had finished their entrees .Special Features:
- good food, a little noisyBobHDined on 2/28/2014Overall good to very good food. A bit noisy due to acoustics. Service was young, not experienced, but mostly prompt. Large location, easier to get a reservation, even during restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week at Grand BistroGibvaterDined on 2/27/2014We were excited to try this place during Restaurant Week. We thought the food was good, but not great. Nothing really wowed us and considering the regular menu price for these dishes, we were expected to be wowed. The service was very good and friendly. Probably would not go back unless it was for happy hour.Special Features:
- Paris, anyone?SStoneVIPDined on 2/27/2014The experience and decor of this restaurant is transporting. It is like going to Paris, being treated respectfully and an added benefit is that you don't have to understand or speak French. The bread served with your meal was good before, but it is even better now - from Babette's in Brighton (The Source). I don't know where, in Denver, one finds such a thoroughly satisfying French dining experience as that at Le Grand Bistro. The duck liver pate served with fig compote and pickled red onions was inspired and almost a meal in itself with the aforementioned sourdough bread. We dined during Restaurant Week. Some restaurants go cheap with their menu selection, but Le Grand Bistro served a meal representative of their regular menu. Superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet, RelaxingJJBJJHDined on 2/25/2014Great dinner before theater. Short walk to theater. Quiet and very relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week ExperiencejaibeeDined on 2/25/2014Before the first course, we were given slices of rustic French bread and butter. Both were very good. My friend and I liked them a lot. For the first course, I selected the Cabbage Salad (Apple, blue cheese, walnuts, rosemary fennel vinaigrette). I enjoyed the combination and texture. The apple didn't have much flavor. For the second course, I selected the Mahi Mahi - Leek mashed potatoes, smoked tomato vinaigrette. The dish had a strong fishy scent and was bland. I should have sent it back. For the third course (dessert), I selected the Bittersweet Chocolate Torte. I liked a lot, and it melted in my mouth.
- Lovely visitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/23/2014The apps and entrees were all delicious, good service and lovely dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le GrandDWP1VIPDined on 2/22/2014WE enjoyed the selection of food. They have a nice variety on their menu.Special Features: