Le Grand Bistro Americain
2220 Carillon Point
Kirkland, WA 98003Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Le Grand Bistro Americain
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistrolegrand.com/
- Phone: 4258287778x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 3:00pm - 5:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Saturday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm.
Weekend Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:30am - 3:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, French
- Executive Chef: Shawn Martin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The South Room offers seating for up to 50 people in a restaurant dining configuration, or 30 in an array of three rectangle table configurations. It may be reserved for parties of 20 or greater(smaller parties by arrangement).Please send inquiries via email to email@example.com.
- Private Party Contact: Ted Furst 4258287778x
A word from Le Grand Bistro Americain
Le Grand Bistro Americain offers casual urban french dining and stunning views of Lake Washington, located at Kirkland's Carillon Point. Lunch specialties include Moules Frites, Beouf Bourgignon, Salade Maison,Croque Monsieur or Madame, Le Burger Americain or Lamb Burgers served on house baked breads and Brioche buns. Dinner specialties include steaks in both American and French preparations, Seattle's best "Beouf Bourgignon","Boulliabase", and house made "Saucisses Le Grand". Choose from an array of seasonally inspired specials, artfully displayed tableside on our chalkboards. Order a "Petite" or "Grand Plateau" of fresh oysters and shellfish from "Le Raw Bar". Oysters for $1.25 each, Chicken or Beef Sliders, hand cut frites and "Pichets" of wine grace the Hour Happy Hour menu Monday through Friday, 3pm - 6 pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Le Grand Bistro Americain - Best Restaurants in Kirkland ›
Le Grand Bistro Americain reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (84)great for outdoor dining (64)special occasion (39)great for lunch (34)neighborhood gem (34)fit for foodies (33)romantic (30)great for brunch (30)good for groups (19)notable wine list (16)kid-friendly (13)late-night find (6)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- It fits what I wantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014food, parking, price , service, view are excellentSpecial Features:
- PerfectTriciaDined on 8/22/2014Great food, fantastic outdoor seating over the marina, and great wines. My new fav for any reason!Special Features:
- IntroductionRbstretchDined on 8/20/2014Our first trip into Kirkland, was made memorable by a meal at Le Grand Bistro Americain. The view, the food and service combined for a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- So-SoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Excellent location (convenient parking), thoughtful/energetic wait staff, beautiful view. I ordered a steak salad and the "steak" was inedible: tough as a boiled boot (and as flavorful), full of gristle (before giving up on it, I think I chewed one piece of meat for five minutes...it was still indestructible). The salad portion was OK (not great or in any way inventive). Of course, this is a "review" of only one meal I've had there.Special Features:
- 3rd time was not the charmEaterVIPDined on 8/14/2014This was my 3rd time dining here--after all, you cannot beat the location. The food is expensive for what you get. The restaurant is tired-looking and needs a facelift (especially the women's bathroom). I have been to the restaurant 3 times in the last 8 weeks and I won't be back. Our server had a hard time understanding our needs. He delivered our drink order incorrectly and then had an attitude about it. When one of our food orders was incorrectly interpreted and delivered, we tried to explain that we had been misunderstood. His response "There's no communication here!" By the way, I was treating my clients to a nice dinner and this was rather embarrassing.
- Great food ! Great Service !DanTDined on 8/12/2014We went to Le Grand for the first time to celebrate my wife's Birthday. The food was great ! We all enjoyed it. The staff was really friendly and helpful. We'll definitely be back !Special Features:
- Disappointing foodVisitorfromRedmond2014Dined on 8/12/2014The Goats cheese was a plate of lettuce with two small portions of goats cheese on bread. The Chicken Caesar salad was again mostly lettuce drenched in dressing and off-putting. The chicken portion came as flat piece and not cut up into the salad but was of good size.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Chose Le Grand Bistro Americain for our anniversary. Wanted someplace special and hoping for a good steak dinner. We were not disappointed. Great food and excellent service. We will definitely go again.Special Features:
- KimberlyDined on 8/8/2014We had a lovely table outdoors overlooking the harbor for an early dinner. The waiter was helpful, attentive and friendly. Both meals, mussels and salmon salad, were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great meal!!HotforfranceVIPDined on 8/2/2014Always a Great meal and specials the best patio and view. Truly is the best place around. I always choose this place over any other placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menus were stainedTownieVIPDined on 7/31/2014Food was very average We were disappointed. The service was slow. The waiter was disinterested. We will probably y not go back nor will we be likely to recommend the restaurNtSpecial Features:
- Superior French classicsGaetDined on 7/30/2014Great menu with items inspired by French brasserie classics, at a very affordable price. The awesome view of lake Washington and the Olympics comes as a bonus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing EntreeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014I had the scallop special for lunch and was totally underwhelmed by the presentation and the whole dish. Really - two small scallops sliced in two and a few thin slices of marinated tomato with a small green salad for $18.00. Scallops are not that expensive or difficult to prepare fabulously to justify this insipid dish. Dressing was good, though. Thankfully there was a bread basket - I ate all of the bread even though it wasn't anywhere near French bread. My friend enjoyed her croque-monsieur. I will not come back to this restaurant. Don't plan to return.
- FINALLY FRENCHFINALLY1EASTSIDEFRENCHDined on 7/26/2014The location is great, the service good, and the presentation of the food very nice. The portion size of our meals was inconsistent. We enjoyed the quality and taste of the food. It is nice to finally have French Cuisine available on the East Side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service & View - food okayAntonEgointheeastDined on 7/26/2014The Service & View was fabulous but unfortunately, the best part of the meal was the dessert. Chocolate mousse was great, ratatouille (a side) was really good; but there was an over-abundance of salt on the frites (is there some sort of sea salt craze?) & some very large mussels that would make Jean-Claude Van Damme jealous. The salade nicoise was unlike any other I'd ever had - including those years I lived in France & rather disappointing - from the point of Home Depot-like self-assembly to the bland flavours & petit, un-pitted olives that were discovered like a sort of treasure.Special Features:
- Great Happy Hour LocationfoodiecatDined on 7/26/2014Although we were mildly disappointed by our order of Beef Bourguignon (it was lacking in vegetables and the sauce tasted like American barbecue sauce, not what we were expecting), the appetizers were excellent - particularly the oysters! The French-style salads were also very good. And the service was great. The view of Lake Washington was also exceptional - and the deck overlooking the boats and water very inviting. My best recommendation is to come here for Happy Hour or a light lunch, sit on the deck, enjoy the gorgeous view of Lake Washington and the Carillon Point Marina, sample hors d'oeuvres or a salad and enjoy a beverage. This is a wonderful spot for soaking up the summer sun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/25/2014Grate food, excellent seasoning grate chef, afordable prices, exceed expectationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014had a business associate here from Boston and she loved it.Special Features:
- Do yourself a favor...Random10topDined on 7/21/2014Try one of Albie's craft cocktails before partaking in the wine list for dinner. The boeuf bourgognion was STUNNING and almost made me miss the Fall during our Seattle heat wave. Everything was spot on - definitely raving to friends and family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice, but slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/20/2014Lovely restaurant with a wonderful view. The food was very good, but the food service was very slow, especially considering that the restaurant was mostly empty.Special Features:
- Just a great friendly place.CindyDined on 7/20/2014We go here all the time and are never disappointed. The food is wonderful, the staff is friendly and efficient and the view is awesome. We always have a good time whether we go alone or with friends; if we sit at the bar for happy hour or get a table for dinner.Special Features:
- Great Kirkland Waterfront EateryNorthenderDined on 7/19/2014This is my third time at this restaurant and continues to be one of my favorite spots. The food and service were both excellent. I had the French dip sandwich for lunch with fries which were so yummy. The desserts sounded all delicious--which is too bad I had only one. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- Great food drinks and viewHotforfranceVIPDined on 7/12/2014One of my favorite places. Amazing food... Always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bon ambience!JoshuaDined on 7/11/2014We had a wonderful, relaxing lunch with a longtime San Francisco friend...in Seattle for business...great food and service...thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not-overpriced seafood!bonappetitDined on 7/10/2014fresh local oysters & copper river salmon in season! mais personne ne parle francaisSpecial Features:
- Dad's 90th BirthdayGiGikatDined on 7/10/2014The location and staff are wonderful, however the food is lacking. The manager was very apologetic that my Dad's New York steak was so tough and he ordered a fillet mignon as a replacement. It was just OK & certainly not worth $38. Mum & I had already finished eating by the time his steak arrived and then he was no longer hungry. The manager told my Dad to only order the fillet - so why do they have the other steaks on their menu if they are not a good choice? My chicken burger with bacon was dreadful - did not mention it to the manager as I was already uncomfortable with the whole steak incident. Again, wait staff, manager & location are top notch - just the food needs improvement.Special Features:
- Nice spot on the lakeFoodloverDined on 7/9/2014We have come to Le Grand Bistro Americain several times; and our only comment is we wish they would change up the menu a bit. They do have some evening specials but more variety is needed overall. The same goes for the wine selections.Special Features:
- A favorite in Kirkland!BellevueDinerDined on 6/28/2014When I do venture to the north side of 520, my favorite spot to dine is Le Grand Bistro! Chef Shawn Martin creates the most delicious specials, in addition to the standing menu full of all your French favorites. My favorites include the Salad Nicoise, Steak with frites, their homemade pate, lamb burger, beet salad - okay I love everything on the menu - and there are lots of great choices. Make sure to try Albie's creative, craft cocktails. He might just be the best bartender on the Eastside! He makes his own drams, ginger beer and more. Service is great and patio dining is a must on warm, summer days!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was lacklusterQueenieDined on 6/19/2014The food was good, but not memorable. The exception is the onion soup --- terrific!Special Features:
- Good Food, Great ViewEwaBoyDined on 6/18/2014We ate dinner on the patio with a senic view of Lake Washington and the boats coming and going along the lake and the marina. Our server was friendly, efficient and very knowledgable about the food and drink menu. Each time we have eaten at Le Grand Bistro Americain we have the same experience and we will continue to dine here for brunch, dinner, with and without friends and enjoy the ambience of lake-side dining.Special Features:
- The service was very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014Everyone enjoyed their meal. I was impressed because they offered to make something from the lunch menu for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful Father's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 6/15/2014The food was GREAT as Always and it is just a real relaxing joy to go to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good French food, great view!MichtoVIPDined on 6/7/2014This restaurant has delicious and authentic French food and the view is one of the best on the Eastside. The service is usually fantastic but on this visit, we had the unfortunate experience of getting a waiter that didn't seem to know or care about providing good service. I was surprised they would hire someone who doesn't get it but fortunately, they have quite a few others who do.Special Features:
- Consistently High QualityNotYourAverageDameVIPDined on 5/31/2014We dine out on a very regular basis and tend to gravitate to "sweet spot" restaurants where the food, service and ambiance are at high levels but the price is still reasonable yet not "put the napkin on your lap" pretentious. We want to have a good regular menu but especially want regular rotating, chef-prepared SPECIALS to keep things fresh and surprising. We eat at Le Grand Bistro Americain several times per month because it is a sweet spot restaurant with that meet all the above criteria. Throw in water views, chef-prepared EXCELLENT specials (always try the fish special!), creative cocktails (hint: get the Le Pamplemousse!) and a good selection of wine. Two cocktails, salads and entrees off the specials board will run you $120 or so.Special Features:
- Dinner with friendsJoleneDCDined on 5/31/2014I feel this place is good for friends and family get together's. The food is good and very consistent. They always have nice specials for the night and the last one I tried I really liked. We have been here 4 or 5 times and they seem to be getting better. At first we really didn't like the bread they served and this time they had a better one.Special Features:
- nannnnnnnnnDined on 5/25/2014Nan+nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn n.a. n mm nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnmmmmmmmnnnnnmnnnm mm n.a. n n.a. nnn mm m n.a.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, service, & foodTimWVIPDined on 5/20/2014Can't ask for much more. Family is happy all around with great kids' menu to boot. We'd come back. Service: Very considerate. Server was asking about the kids right away to get them food to the table. Incredibly fast! Food: A variety of food at the table. Seafood (raw & cooked), French specialities, and steak. Happy campers all around. No room for dessert for us.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great Vibe, Great ViewTexdem20Dined on 5/18/2014I've been coming to LGBA for the past 2 years and I'm always a bit astonished that it isn't full to capacity every Sunday for brunch. The food is amazing and the prices are reasonable for the quality and setting. I highly recommend it to long-time Seattle folks, as well as tourists.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceMicheleVIPDined on 5/4/2014We recently came for a birthday celebration. We chose it mainly for the location but were very pleasantly surprised by the excellent menu prepared with quality ingredients. It seems most of the dishes are made from scratch--in particular the desserts and baked goods. Was expecting sort of a middle of the road suburban experience, but received a really top notch meal instead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hostess needs trainingAChefsSisterDined on 5/2/2014We walked is and were seated at our tables and we happen to ask about Happy Hour. The usher said it was only available at the bar and we understood that. SO as my Mom and were discussing if we wanted to sit int eh bar area or just enjoy the view and pay regular prices. The the hostess came over the said " You reserved this table for dinner!" This table is only for dinner as she pumps the table with both hands. So I understood it to mean that we could not have a drink and appetizers at regular prices in this table. I was so upset but calmed down since I wanted my Mom to have a good time. We proceeded to order appetizers and dinner entrees. Never coming back if that hostess is there!Special Features:
- The following 414 reviews are from the Le Grand Bistro Americain reviews archive.