Le Grand Bistro Americain
2220 Carillon Point
Kirkland, WA 98003Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Le Grand Bistro Americain
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistrolegrand.com/
- Phone: (425) 828-7778
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 3:00pm - 5:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Saturday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm.
Weekend Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:30am - 3:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, French
- Executive Chef: Shawn Martin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The South Room offers seating for up to 50 people in a restaurant dining configuration, or 30 in an array of three rectangle table configurations. It may be reserved for parties of 20 or greater(smaller parties by arrangement).Please send inquiries via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private Party Contact: Ted Furst 4258287778x
A word from Le Grand Bistro Americain
Le Grand Bistro Americain offers casual urban french dining and stunning views of Lake Washington, located at Kirkland's Carillon Point. Lunch specialties include Moules Frites, Beouf Bourgignon, Salade Maison,Croque Monsieur or Madame, Le Burger Americain or Lamb Burgers served on house baked breads and Brioche buns. Dinner specialties include steaks in both American and French preparations, Seattle's best "Beouf Bourgignon","Boulliabase", and house made "Saucisses Le Grand". Choose from an array of seasonally inspired specials, artfully displayed tableside on our chalkboards. Order a "Petite" or "Grand Plateau" of fresh oysters and shellfish from "Le Raw Bar". Oysters for $1.25 each, Chicken or Beef Sliders, hand cut frites and "Pichets" of wine grace the Hour Happy Hour menu Monday through Friday, 3pm - 6 pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Le Grand Bistro Americain - Best Restaurants in Kirkland ›
Le Grand Bistro Americain reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (86)great for outdoor dining (50)fit for foodies (46)neighborhood gem (42)great for lunch (37)romantic (35)special occasion (29)good for groups (25)notable wine list (21)great for brunch (20)kid-friendly (11)hot spot (6)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Second disappointing try for this restaurantDollyDined on 11/21/2014We tried this restaurant soon after they opened and said we would never go back. Although the food is pretty good, the service is horrible. We decided to give it another go last weekend, but were again disappointed with the service. Our waiter was befuddled and confused with pretty much any question. We asked if they have hard cider in the bar and he said, "What? What is that? I have never heard of such a thing". For some reason the restaurant has the wait staff come to the table with a large chalkboard that has the specials of the day and the waiter stands and recites exactly what is written on that chalkboard. It was slow and painful waiting for him to recite the menu to us. When my husband asked a question about one of the special appetizers, our waiter stopped talking, gave my husband a look of reprimand and said "now...where was I..." He totally lost his place and could not recover, nor could he answer the question. I ordered a glass of wine when we first sat down and didn't get served until after our entry had arrived. There were 6 of us in our party and everyone ordered cocktails but no one ever came back to ask if we wanted a second drink. (which everyone did!) I could go on and on with the little details of missteps the waitstaff made but will spare you the torture. It's too bad the service is so bad because the food is rather good. No one in our party will ever return to this restaurant. There are way too many great places to eat in Kirkland to waste our time at Le Grand.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/19/2014Had a fantastic birthday celebration. Great wine list and cocktails. Service staff was attentive without being overbearing. Will definitely be back. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good spot on the east sideOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/11/2014Not pretentious with pretty solid french fare. Went for dine around seattle and was actually pretty impressed--sometimes prix fixe menus go terrible. We were a party of 3 and split everything. Steak frites: delicious. Steelhead: yummy and welol prepared, but the sauce was a slightly odd pairing... kind of sweet and dark for fish. Mussels: excellent. Had 2 great salads and the desserts were solid. Enjoyed my meal, AND my little pitcher of wine! Service was down to earth, attentive and accommodating.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceOrdinaryDined on 11/10/2014Service personnel has to be trained regularly. Service personnel has to be trained regularly. Service personnel has to be trained regularly.Special Features:
- Great food, slow serviceJennVIPDined on 11/9/2014We decided to try this restaurant during Dine Around Seattle. We really enjoyed our meals. The one not so positive aspect of our evening is that service was extremely slow - to the point that we feel like our entrees were forgotten. The delay wasn't exactly acknowledged, although the waiter did give my husband an extra glass of wine during the delay. The restaurant was not too full, so I'm not sure why service was so slow; maybe they were having an off night. In all, I would probably try it again because the food was great, but I would make sure I allow extra time.Special Features:
- Tough start - Meal was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2014A little disappointment that though my reservation was way in advance (1 week) and we requested a special table near window to celebrate a special occasion, no such table was provided. Not sure why - we were on of just one or two parties in the restaurant without a window table. The hostess did not seem particulary empathetic or to really care. Kind of irritating when you spend $400 on dinner.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekjaydrelDined on 10/29/2014We went for restaurant week this year. We added the escargot to our meals and everything was delicious! The view of the kirkland marina was delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unpretentious French CuisineRestaurantlessInKenmoreDined on 10/28/2014Met my wife after work for dinner during the Dine Around Seattle promotion. We wanted to try a spot that we had not tried before and found one that we will definitely be revisiting. The menu is classic french with a Northwest edge. The menu is English friendly and they do not expect you to be able to correctly pronounce "poisson" if you want fish! We ordered off the 3 course promotional menu and shared some bites. The poisson of the day was Steelhead, which I could not refuse and it was perfectly cooked. My wife had the classic boeuf bourguignon which was equally delicious. Two excellent starters and desserts bookended the meal. Had to take the chocolate walnut tart to-go for later enjoyment. Nice wine and attentive service! Will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014Food was fabulous with a menu you can't get anywhere else. Sevice was delightful. We had a wonderful relaxed evening.Special Features:
- LadyLeeDined on 10/26/2014Delicious! So appreciated the extensive 3 for 30 menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too salty foodMineHighDined on 10/25/2014Duck confit was too much salty, could kill me. Special desert disappointed me, it was definitely poor.
- Food and ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/23/2014The food was delicious. I had the steelhead special. Hint: Chef's specials are always the best thing on the menu. I loved the view. Looking out over the lake, the city lights, the yAchts at dock.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebHDined on 10/23/2014Mentioned in my comment of my reservations that I had someone on crutches. There was no elevator from the parking lot, and then she walked us to the very farthest table from the entrance. But, it was a window, so am thankful for that. Only half a view from there, but always so nice to see the boats while eating.Special Features:
- Bad TimingmikewDined on 10/22/2014We were there last week for the Dine around Seattle menu. As usual lots of good selections and we ordered dinner & wine. The appetizer came out as expected and we were about two bites in when the main course came out too. The server mentioned the kitchen fired them out early. Personally I find this timing very bad to say the least as my steak frite sat there getting cold while I finished my appetizer. The server never really checked with us at all. I was waiting to order another glass of the wine but no one ever asked. The food as usual was very good but the whole service timing stunk to say the least.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/22/2014I really enjoyed the food, the boeuf bourguinon and the creme brule, it was worth the trip over and investment of time to experience your restaurant. Criticisms are minor - the wait staff seemed a little awkward, new? and I felt like we were put to the side of the restaurant, missing most of the great view because we reserved through Seattle Restaurant Week. That was frustrating because I have very little time to sit and visit with my husband and it would have been nice to enjoy the full experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodFaithDined on 10/19/2014Food was good, but service was a little off. It took quite some time for our server to come around and even ask for drinks. I had to order everything I wanted all at one time for Seattle's Restaurant Week. Appetizer, dinner and dessert. I was not a fan of the Salad Verte, the greens taste odd to me.Special Features:
- Great Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014We decided to find an outdoor dining venue for one of the last beautiful fall days. Had a wonderful meal (great choices for a fixed price on Seattle Restaurant week menu), the sunset was amazing. Great service, and drink choices, my only "complaint" the "frites"were so good, I wanted to eat every last one!Special Features:
- My favorite placekozy51Dined on 10/16/2014I have been dining here for a few years and it is my happy place to take friends too and introduce them to awesome food and service. The view of the water is perfect no matter what the weather. As always, the french onion soup is to die for and the daily specials are top notch. Wish I could visit every week!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/5/2014Everything exceeded our expectations.the food and atmosphere were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, food not soWacGenDined on 10/1/2014Being a French-America in bistro, our party of 3 ordered steaks ( steak frites, steak au poivre, and l'entrecote). Our appetizers came quickly, but our entrees took another 45mins. We all ordered medium-rare, but my steak au poivre came out medium-well, so had to be sent back. My wife's beet salad may not have been cleaned properly as she developed stomach discomfort afterwards.Special Features:
- LunchVictorDined on 9/24/2014Had lunch and one must accept this is Kirkland but the price just did not justify the portions. We order the stew and it arrived in a bowl (been sanding for a bit as it had a film over the sauce) only 2/3's full. The waitress did her best with all the verbiage. Perhaps asking first, "Would you care if I share our specials today?", then hall the black board up and start the monolog. We need to try the restaurant a second time. They are trying but just did not have that warm feeling one would expect in a Bistro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique dining experienceGTgalDined on 9/20/2014Love the location, menu, and ambiance at this place. Right near the water in Kirkland. When the weather cooperates, you don't want to be anywhere else. The menu has a great variety of choices from very healthful to somewhat sinful yet delectable treats.Special Features:
- nice quiet scenic placeemeraldcity50Dined on 9/20/2014perfect spot to go on a beautiful sunny day with a fantastic view on lake Washington. the food is good, sitting inside or outside is just as enjoyable. also nice picturesque surrounding to take a short walk after meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great as alwaysbonappetitDined on 9/19/2014especially for out-of-town visitors -- a rare eastside waterfront restaurantSpecial Features:
- Loved it!PinkPeppercornDined on 9/14/2014The restaurant continues to deliver and I love the convenient location, awesome food that has amazing brunch (and happy hour,dinner) with treat service that is hard to find on the East Side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Anniversary DinnerBgfoxDined on 9/13/2014I chose Le Grande Bistro after reading the terrific reviews. It did not disappoint! My husband is not a fan of fancy so for our 21st wedding anniversary I wanted great food with elegance but with a more casual vibe. Tall order. Le Grande Bistro nailed it! Excellent food, great service (knowledgeable, not pretentious) and outdoor seating made for a lovely evening. We weren't so full that we couldn't enjoy desserts. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not SpectacularBellevueMomDined on 9/12/2014Our friends recommended it because they had previously loved the food and the drinks, so we went there together hoping for a great Friday night experience. Something was off this time though. The cocktails they had previously ordered didn't taste the same, and the food was bland. It was hard to find the beets in the beat salad, the sauce for the raw oysters was bland, the caesar salad was super lemony - just didn't taste right, the salmon special was nothing special, and the bouillabaisse wasn't good - tasted like it needed salt or something, and the seafood in it was just so-so.
- Great food, great viewJackDined on 9/9/2014Top chef. Everything cooked and seasoned to perfection. Great view and the restaurant is spacious and relaxing. Prices are affordable for the quality of the food and the view.Special Features:
- We were spoiled!BillymcVIPDined on 9/6/2014A large group of hungry guests were completely spoiled by a great experience. The wait staff was extremely knowledgeable, and recommended some excellent choices like the fresh Mahi mahi, and two completely different duck dishes. We had diverse tastes, and all were happy. Prices are very excellent, and don't miss the endive salad with crunch and the flavorful blue cheese. The wine list has some excellent choices as well. Considering our group was large, everything was served fresh, and all at once-not an easy task!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great brasserie on Lk WashingtonPNWTravelerVIPDined on 9/5/2014Away from the hustle and bustle of Bellevue, and on the way to downtown Kirkland is Le Grand Bistro Americain, a lovely brasserie right above the Carillon Point waterfront. Dining outside during the summer is a treat: stunning views complete with a full raw bar and wonderful appetizers, steaks, soups and sandwiches (burgers there are amazing). For lunch, we ordered from the daily specials blackboard and enjoyed expertly grilled salmon with salad, coupled with fresh baked bread made right in the restaurant. We'll go back for happy hour (Monday - Friday 3-6 pm) and looking forward to brunch over the weekend! Parking is easy, right underneath the restaurant or just outside via valet.Special Features:
- It fits what I wantgerrythegreatDined on 8/27/2014food, parking, price , service, view are excellentSpecial Features:
- PerfectTriciaVIPDined on 8/22/2014Great food, fantastic outdoor seating over the marina, and great wines. My new fav for any reason!Special Features:
- IntroductionRbstretchDined on 8/20/2014Our first trip into Kirkland, was made memorable by a meal at Le Grand Bistro Americain. The view, the food and service combined for a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- So-SoVanyaDined on 8/19/2014Excellent location (convenient parking), thoughtful/energetic wait staff, beautiful view. I ordered a steak salad and the "steak" was inedible: tough as a boiled boot (and as flavorful), full of gristle (before giving up on it, I think I chewed one piece of meat for five minutes...it was still indestructible). The salad portion was OK (not great or in any way inventive). Of course, this is a "review" of only one meal I've had there.Special Features:
- 3rd time was not the charmEaterVIPDined on 8/14/2014This was my 3rd time dining here--after all, you cannot beat the location. The food is expensive for what you get. The restaurant is tired-looking and needs a facelift (especially the women's bathroom). I have been to the restaurant 3 times in the last 8 weeks and I won't be back. Our server had a hard time understanding our needs. He delivered our drink order incorrectly and then had an attitude about it. When one of our food orders was incorrectly interpreted and delivered, we tried to explain that we had been misunderstood. His response "There's no communication here!" By the way, I was treating my clients to a nice dinner and this was rather embarrassing.
- Great food ! Great Service !DanTDined on 8/12/2014We went to Le Grand for the first time to celebrate my wife's Birthday. The food was great ! We all enjoyed it. The staff was really friendly and helpful. We'll definitely be back !Special Features:
- Disappointing foodVisitorfromRedmond2014Dined on 8/12/2014The Goats cheese was a plate of lettuce with two small portions of goats cheese on bread. The Chicken Caesar salad was again mostly lettuce drenched in dressing and off-putting. The chicken portion came as flat piece and not cut up into the salad but was of good size.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Chose Le Grand Bistro Americain for our anniversary. Wanted someplace special and hoping for a good steak dinner. We were not disappointed. Great food and excellent service. We will definitely go again.Special Features:
- KimberlyDined on 8/8/2014We had a lovely table outdoors overlooking the harbor for an early dinner. The waiter was helpful, attentive and friendly. Both meals, mussels and salmon salad, were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great meal!!HotforfranceVIPDined on 8/2/2014Always a Great meal and specials the best patio and view. Truly is the best place around. I always choose this place over any other placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.