1641 Clifton Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30329Neighborhood:
Druid Hills / Emory
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.legiverny.com/
- Phone: 4043257252
- Hours of Operation:
We serve lunch Monday through Friday from 11:30am until 2:00pm.
Dinner is served nightly between 5:30pm and 10:00pm. Live acoustic music is on the menu on Wednesdays and Fridays as well as Sunday evenings during our Sunday Family Dinners.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Remy Kerba
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Delivery, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Le Giverny Bistro delivers the very best in off-site catering. From lunch boxes to luxury receptions, we'll make sure that your event is extra special.
- Private Party Facilities: For private dining, Le Giverny is proud to offer two beautiful and spacious banquet rooms -- each with its own unique ambiance. Our cozy Library Room comfortably accommodates groups up to 30 people, and the spacious Emory Room welcomes parties up to 60 people. Whether you're planning a business gathering or a family get-together, every event is special at Le Giverny Bistro.
- Private Party Contact: Kara Skalko 4043257252
- Entertainment: On Wednesday, Friday and Sunday evenings, diners at Le Giverny Bistro are treated to live acoustic music, performed by renowned guitarist and singer Berne Poliakoff.
- Special Events: Make a French tradition your own, and join Le Giverny for Sunday Family Dinner. Enjoy live acoustic music and a special prix fixe menu featuring selections only available on Sundays. The menu changes weekly, just as it does at Sunday dinner tables throughout France. To make the evening even more special, all wine bottles ($45 and under) are half price. Create your own family tradition on Sunday evenings at Le Giverny!
- Public Transit: Le Giverny Bistro is located on Clifton Road, which is served by Emory University's Cliff shuttle service. For schedules, please visit the Emory Transportation and Parking service site at http://transportation.emory.edu/transportation/cliff/index.html
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Le Giverny Bistro provides ample parking in the car park adjacent to the restaurant and the Emory Inn. The restaurant entrance is inside the inn. From the lobby, turn left and you'll see our open door!
A word from Le Giverny
Le Giverny is a Zagat-rated neighborhood bistro, which Open Table users have named a "Diners Choice Winner." Our menu selections feature the best of the diverse culinary traditions of France, focusing on seasonal foods that reflect the attention, care and vision we share with local farmers and producers. Lunchtime service is always prompt and attentive, which makes Le Giverny an excellent destination for business guests seeking an exceptional dining experience during working hours. Diners also enjoy beautiful live acoustic music at Le Giverny on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday evenings. Nestled on the edge of the Emory University campus, our charming bistro is easily accessible, with ample parking in the lot adjacent to the Emory Inn. We look forward to welcoming you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Le Giverny reviews from OpenTable diners
- SadOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/18/2013Very sad they are closing due to Emory Building expansion. Hopefully they will be re-opening again soon Have been going there since they first opened on Clairmont Road, 20 years ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fond farewell to Remy and staffOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/18/2013We will miss this long time friend and great food. Look for a cooking school perhaps?Special Features:
- Sad to see them go.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/17/2013Ours was one of the next to last evenings that le Giverny was open It will be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's FrenchOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/13/2013The atmosphere in the restaurant is a little stuffy and "old." Old decor, older people, quiet... Not a place I want to frequent. The building is being demolished, and the restaurant will be relocated and hopefully will be updated.
- Great!kand83Dined on 5/12/2013Good mutlicultural food blend. Everything was cooked to perfection. The atmosphere was cozy and charming. It took me back to dining in France.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Goodbye DinnerOptickerDined on 5/3/2013We're sorry to see Le Giverny close. We followed them from the stripmall on Clairmont to their location across from CDC. It will be missed. The opening of Emory Point might seem to provide alternate places to dine, but our experience has not been good. Most of the places belong to restaurant chains or franchises. The best of these is Marlow's Tavern; the worst is Tavernelle. Tavernelle was so bad we didn't bother to take home the leftovers. Having spent 3 weeks in Tuscany earlier this year, the Tavernelle Chinese menu (Choose your pasta, then your protein, then your sauce) was the antithesis of an decent Italian restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent TreasurenotmynameVIPDined on 5/2/2013We've been coming for years and are never disappointed. If you're looking for excellent food, attentive, professional service, in a quiet, attractive dining room perfect for a romantic dinner or a reunion with a friend, this is the spot. Easy parking in the large lot outside puts the icing on the cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperScotsmonDined on 5/1/2013The food, ambience, and service was all great. I had the special, which was great, but was spiced with some type of chili powder which was unexpected, but still very good. The tomato basil bisque was super! Don't let my comment about the special sway you, you have to go and try this neighborhood gem in Atlanta, very close to Emory ... and the service is amazing! -Scott.Special Features:
- Le Giverny is one of my topOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2013Le Giverny is one of my top 3 neighborhood restaurants. The food is delicious, the staff friendly and competent, and the atmosphere serene.Special Features:
- We were disappointed in, mainly,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/25/2013We were disappointed in, mainly, the ambiance. Very surprised to learn when we arrived, that it is in a Emory University hotel. Not a lot of character. Also, there is beer and wine only, which did not fit the place at all. Our food was okay, but was ordinary, rich French fare. Not a bad evening at all, but not a great one.
- A bit dated.Service a bitOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013A bit dated.Service a bit too causal.Food was desent.Live music too loud for room size.
- Lovely Dinner near EmorybobmccullochVIPDined on 4/19/2013Le Giverny is hidden in a little old motel, the Emory Inn. Once you walk into the restaurant, it is charming - esp. the main room. We really enjoyed our meal - the food was delicious, fresh, and beautifully prepared. The service was excellent. Unfortunately, Le Giverny is going out of business in May, 2013; the building is being torn down and the owner decided not to relocate. I wish we had found this place sooner! It was quiet - some nice background music, but we had an early reservation, and the place was almost empty; it might get noisier later, but I don't know. Take advantage of the time left and go have dinner here!Special Features:
- I'm sorry that Le GivernyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/19/2013I'm sorry that Le Giverny will be closing in May. I've enjoyed it for years.Special Features:
- Very good for for meat eatersOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/17/2013Very good for for meat eaters but very limited options for vegetarians. All my other friends liked their food containing fish or meat. As a vegetarian, every time I went there I had to eat the same salad. People at my work place love this restaurant.Special Features:
- Service was super. Trout andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2013Service was super. Trout and Scallops excellent.We arrived late and had very little time because of a play. The staff was superb. Got our food quickly, gave up great service,meal was great, and got our bill to us quickly. A+ experience.Special Features:
- Great food and great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2013Great food and great service. It will be missed when it closes for good this June.Special Features:
- A night at Le GivernyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2013We had a lovely time at Le Giverny. The waiter was attentive and pleasant without being intrusive. He knew his wine. The food was nothing to brag about. But the small room was cozy, well paced, and visually pleasant. Salad Giverny was mediocre with no zip at all. Beet salad was somewhat better. My trout was quite good. Daughter's steak was small but tasty. Mushroom risotto just ok. Tiny little servings of french bread had many holes in them. Pecan pie was the best dessert. Guess the chef was letting down a bit since the owner is moving back to France. The owner spent most of the night kibitzing with various patrons. I'm sure it has had it's day in the past. Bon voyage!Special Features:
- Had enjoyed their originalOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013Had enjoyed their original location dined on a fabulous steak au poivre. Found food this time disappointing. Wish the menu was more traditional French Bistro.
- I can hear you!OtbtVIPDined on 3/1/2013It is the kind of dining experience that combines the best of a quiet and comfortable ambiance with attentive but not hovering service and personal attention to your meal. I requested gluten free options on my OT reservation and the server provided many options without a blink. My trout was prepared without flour with browned butter on the side and was light and delicious accompanied with two green vegetable choices instead of the normal potato options. A member of our party was unsure about a wine choice and our server provided samples for her to try. She was quite happy with the choice. Their desserts are delicious but we did not sample this time. Perfect evening repast and experience.Special Features:
- This has always been a reliable,olderAtlantanVIPDined on 2/22/2013This has always been a reliable, excellent restaurant. Too bad it is closing in May since they are tearing the building down. Go NOW!!!Special Features:
- You asked for it: The noiseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/19/2013You asked for it: The noise level was impossible, not "energetic." The service was hurried and almost insincere. More wine exposure is advised; your waitress insisted that white Bordeaux is not sauvignon blanc but a "wine" unto its own. I have also had the experience there when the waiter substituted a wine by the glass without telling me, only when I asked to see the bottle (because it didn't taste right) did he admit to switching it. I like the location and the cooking, but there is work to be done. I always tip 20%, but sometimes I wonder what I'm paying for.
- Great little restaurant.UbdawgDined on 2/15/2013Great little restaurant. We will be sad to see this place go. Best of luck in Paris.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013I loved the food, but I didn't like the ambiance. The place should look more fancy for the price that paid.Special Features:
- It's with mixed emotions thatChuckDined on 2/14/2013It's with mixed emotions that I write what may have been our last dinner as a couple on Valentine's Day. As usual the food was excellent and our company was very pleased with just about everything. We found the waitress quite helpful, but as often happens on a very busy evening there were a couple of minor slip-ups.Special Features:
- Always enjoy dining with you.SorryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Always enjoy dining with you.Sorry to hear that you are closing.Will truly miss you.will come several more times before you close.Bill & Anne JacksonSpecial Features:
- Excellent but I understandOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Excellent but I understand it is closing in about 2-3 months since the building is being demolishedSpecial Features:
- The building is a bit old,JoeBDined on 2/13/2013The building is a bit old, but the food, service and entertainment (guitar/singer) were right on spot!Special Features:
- Le Giverny is especially goodCowgirlCDined on 2/7/2013Le Giverny is especially good for a quiet meal with a group. It's so sleepy that you can all hear each other well. The food is good, as is the service.Special Features:
- Food was good, ambiance relaxing.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/2/2013Food was good, ambiance relaxing. Loved the music--hits from the 70s by woman who sang and played guitar. Very convenient to Emory University Conference Center.Special Features:
- PleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/2/2013A real pleasure to dine in such a wonderful restaurant.Special Features:
- Wonderful food. So sad tosil22salDined on 1/19/2013Wonderful food. So sad to see them closing in May 2013. Family moving to France. Consistent food over the last 15 years I have been a customer. Emory and Atlanta will miss this place. Go now before they close their doors!Special Features:
- A really nice night with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/12/2013Dinner for 7 turned into dinner for 9 at the last minute and we were accommodated perfectly. Everyone raved about their entree selection - it was a great time.Special Features:
- The dinner provided by RemyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/12/2013The dinner provided by Remy and his staff at Le Giverny was nothing less than superb. The wine and the food were even better than the usual high Le Giverny standards, while the company with whom I shared the table was delightful, with much good conversation between courses. All in all, a wonderful experience. I would do one of these special events offered by Le Giverny again in a heart beat.Special Features:
- We have been dining at LeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2012We have been dining at Le Giverny for almost 20 years and have never been disappointed. The food and the service are always excellent.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/27/2012I am French so I had high expectations. food was ok, nothing special. portions are relatively small but the price is not very high.Special Features:
- The ambiance and service atEatWellVIPDined on 12/20/2012The ambiance and service at Le Giverny are always good. This time, I did not find the food as good as during previous dining experiences. The Coquilles St. Jaques, a favorite, had only 5 small scallops and a mountain of risotto. It was good, but not worth it's cost. The mussles (Moules Muniere) were excellent and the best part of the meal. The baked brie for appetizer and the pear sorbet for dessert were both lackluster. My friend was unable to order a cocktail, as they now only serve wine and beer. For the expense, I would go somewhere else.Special Features:
- I had enjoyed the rainbowOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/20/2012I had enjoyed the rainbow trout several weeks ago on a lunch visit. It was the very best I'd ever had. Each vegetable stood out on its own, the trout was lovely and flakey, and there was a fine crisp, crunch taste as once went from trout, to veggies, to potato. I made notes so that could try this at home, too. This last visit I certainly ordered it again. It was not of the same quality - as if another chef had made it. It was overly oily which made the flavors falter. The vegetables had changed; I understand the chef wants the freshest - but the haricot vert and the tomato just wasn't as good. Perhaps it was the overdose of oil - hazelnut I believe, that spoiled it. Sorry to report this.Special Features:
- Very good food, nice service;OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/18/2012Very good food, nice service; a bit louder than I wanted for a business lunch, but OK; comfortable chairs, nice linens, great French atmosphere.Special Features:
- Nice, but a little overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012Nice, but a little overpriced for standard french fare, though well executed. No surprises, good or bad, here.Special Features:
- Good food and attentive staffOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/11/2012Always good food and ample free parking. It is not a huge space so it can get a bit loud with vibrant conversation when crowded. Typically staff are attentive and friendly.