85 Liberty Ship Way Ste 109
Sausalito, CA 94965Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.legaragebistrosausalito.com/
- Phone: (415) 332-5625
- Hours of Operation:
Coffee & Pastries(walk-in only): Daily: 7:30 Am - 11:00 Am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00 Am - 2:30 Pm; Lunch (walk-in only): Monday - Friday: 11:30 AM - 3:00 Pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30 Pm - 9:30 Pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Pay with OpenTable,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Olivier Souvestre
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: From corporate events to small social parties, Le Garage offers the perfect waterfront setting to host your event. Enjoy delicious French Californian cuisine in a relaxed casual atmosphere.
- Private Party Contact: Susannah 4153325625
A word from Le Garage
Le Garage is committed to serving simple French bistro style food in a relaxed casual atmosphere on the beautiful Sausalito waterfront.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Le Garage - Best Restaurants in Sausalito ›
Le Garage reviews from OpenTable diners
- Le Garage c'est bon!mscrabtreeDined on 11/22/2014We ate dinner here on Saturday night for the first time even though we live in the next town of Mill Valley. We really enjoyed it and will definitely go back. The food was great. Had the mussels and my husband had the bucatini. He had a great salad and I had the zucchini flowers with lavender and herb-crusted goat cheese. They were good except a little too heavy on the lavender but perfectly prepared otherwise. It was a bit noisy but it didn't bother us because the vibe was festive although it was difficult to talk to the waiter. Service was good and all around it was a very enjoyable evening. I would recommend to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lively place for solidly good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/10/2014We were a party of 6 and were given a GREAT table...big enough for all of us and all our food and with a great view of the restaurant. The food was flavorful and choices varied. Our waitress was just plain wonderful...efficient, funny and flawless. A very nice night.Special Features:
- Good findursulaDined on 11/7/2014Great spot, all the food was delicious and the service friendly!Special Features:
- Love this placeByWSMVIPDined on 11/7/2014We've been here three times now. Fun atmosphere in a garage-like space. Great brasserie food. Very good service. The Crispy Pigs Ears were good. The Duck was great. We'll be back any time we're in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HungryinmarinVIPDined on 11/6/2014All the food was excellent, especially the mussels.Special Features:
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/1/2014Terrific French food at reasonable prices. Wonderful service. Great location next to marina in Sausalito.Special Features:
- Good BD DinnerTwoForDinnerDined on 11/1/2014Family BD dinner - mussels outstanding, great mushroom soup - w/out cream. Service, ok. Energetic dining room, cool setting.Special Features:
- Out of control.ScooterPhileDined on 10/27/2014My party of 3 went to celebrate a birthday--the birthday boy chose Le Garage, which we've been to a number of times. The food was good, very good, as always, but several things were amiss. Our initial server was inexplicably and impossibly rude, right from the moment he approached the table, treating us as though we were idiots unworthy of his attention. Mysteriously, he was replaced by a really nice server, which improved the dining experience immeasurably. However, the noise level grew and grew, until it was impossible to carry on a conversation with someone seated next to you! It was truly deafening and spoiled the evening. I will not be returning anytime soon.Special Features:
- mehdsherDined on 10/23/2014Our server was uninterested the wines by the glass terrible and the portions tiny. Not to mention the other diners that felt the need to yell to each other overthe loud musicSpecial Features:
- TerrificRobertDined on 10/18/2014We enjoyed a wonderful dinner on our most recent visit. Everything about the meal "worked" near flawlessly. We were a party of 6. Our reservations were honored timely, we were comfortably seated and the meal was paced to perfection. The wine list is far more varied than my ability to appreciate fully, but we enjoyed a Sancerre and a couple of well made Burgundies as we dined. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedfoodiegalDined on 10/16/2014Hadn't been here in a while and was looking forward to what I remembered as great food. Our table shared the lobster salad which was delicious, but the mussels most of us ordered were just ehh... The fries were cold and although these were quickly and graciously replaced with warm ones, they still weren't very good. The coffee was undrinkable, muddy and lukewarm. When the check arrived we discovered the corkage fee was $25. All in all, not a great experience.Special Features:
- Service and Food have declinedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/11/2014Wow - our stunningly poor service was accompanied by really bad food. We had to get up to find a waiter to get things. We tried to order another round of drinks a couple of times - our waiter wasn't having it. Too bad - used to be a fun and delicious spot.
- Costume PackedVickiOVIPDined on 10/11/2014A very inventive menu with fresh seafood, rabbit, confits, exotica! Saturday night was packed; so crowded and loud that you had to be into it, or leave (except there are no other restaurants near this marina) the cacophony. The service was excellent, altho' I think the garage mechanic dress-code is superfluous. Will try again on a weeknight.Special Features:
- Did they get a new chef?OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/10/2014We had a memorably great meal there a year ago - everything we ordered, from bone marrow to oysters to steak was fantastic. This time, besides a somewhat different menu, the steak frites was tough to chew (fortunately the fries are still very good). The duck was even worse, with that dried, jerky-like texture peculiar to poorly prepared duck. Despite the excellent steak tartare and charcuterie appetizers, I don't think we'll be going back.
- My Mother's 70th BirthdayMustangSallyDined on 10/10/2014Samuel, our server, was excellent in every way. He made my mother, a true francophile, feel like she was the most important person in the world on her special birthday. We absolutely loved having a French server, while dining in a French restaurant! All the other servers that helped Samuel were outstanding as well. Everyone was so attentive and the food was divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousrkssDined on 10/9/2014Le a garage is a gem. They have the best duck confit I have had and I go there just for that dish.Special Features:
- Wonderful French FoodJohnDined on 10/9/2014Finding this restaurant was not easy. Parking for Le Garage is some distance from the actual restaurant, and there are no signs to point the way to the restaurant. Once inside, the views from this restaurant's dockside location make up for the inconvenience. So does the food. Everyone in my party ordered the fresh Cod from Alaska. Our dishes were prepared expertly, and everyone in my party was elated with their food. Excellent French cuisine! Desserts are also very beautifully presented and prepared at Le Garage. So order one. Whenever I am in San Francisco in the future, I will make my way again to Sausilito, and to Le Garage. The trip is worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le Garage FoodPartyAnimalVIPDined on 10/7/2014My companion liked her dish which was the only chicken on the menu. My heirloom tomatoes were limp with too much dressing, and small. The rack of lamb was not particularly tasty, the pieces were small and some were fatty. Not a great first experience for a restaurant that has been tauted by friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodluvVIPDined on 10/2/2014Noisy, but fun. Mussels are great, steak tartar was a huge success and the squash blossoms are wonderful. Service not as good as I remembered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time for me and the Big LoserNaturalHorsemanVIPDined on 10/1/2014I lost a weight loss bet and the winner chose Le Garage. That way I won too! Gretchen was our server and she was great. The winner liked his Lobster Caesar Salad, and I loved my escargot We both loved the Chatea Neuf de Pape and the Rack of Lamb. The cheese and the berrie crisp were dandy with Gretchen's recommendation of a "red" sherry. Who knew?Special Features:
- It's all good!dwammoDined on 9/30/2014Excellent food, great dessert choices, friendly staff, and no hassle parking in quiet location next to yacht harbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too loudRobinWVIPDined on 9/23/2014Had never been to Le Garage for dinner before -- just for brunch/lunch. The food was good -- a starter salad with figs was bland and boring, but my duck confit and my boyfriend's lamb were excellent. However, the noise level is unpleasant, and we had sat in the outside (enclosed) space because the hostess said it would be less noisy than the inside space. And the trip to the bathroom is long and creepy.Special Features:
- kg11VIPDined on 9/19/2014I don't know that I need to write a long, boring, or repetitive review for Le Garage... but one word sums it up...MAGNIFIQUE!
- DisappointedluvgoodfoodDined on 9/19/2014We took an out of town guest to dinner. Appetizers were good, but main courses were not. Better for lunch than dinner. Too noisy.Special Features:
- Scenic Setting and Delicious FoodJenDDined on 9/18/2014I've visited Le Garage over the past few years and have found it versatile and consistently delicious. The indoor-outdoor setting makes it an ideal place to take in the beauty of the marina while enjoying exquisite menu items such as croque monseiur with organic greens (at lunch) or a filet mignon with lobster tail (dinner). We have entertained out-of-town guests, who commented on the quality of the food and beauty of the setting. A the same time, the outdoor seating provides an ideal place to keep active grandchildren amused (either by watching the boats, seagulls, seals or walking up and down the pier before and after the meal). Ease of access and complimentary parking are a bonus. Croque Monseiur with organic greens, Surf & Turf,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local French on the docksOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2014If you love French food and you love boats, you'll enjoy Le Garage. We liked everything: the charcuterie starter, and the chick pea fries, the salad with french plums and bacon-wrapped figs, and the black cod. Will definitely go back again and bring friends.Special Features:
- Feels like South of Francejb2bVIPDined on 9/13/2014Truly great little bistro with authentic food and French service. Love it.Special Features:
- Vibrant SceneRord58VIPDined on 9/11/2014We were anticipating a quite dinner but Le Garage was a happening place. The crowd was energetic and the atmosphere was good. The service was on par. Parking was a little confusing as we arrived after dark, look for the signs!
- Fun atmosphereHealthyNutDined on 9/11/2014Great place for a girls night out. The food overall was very good, but I didn't really like the black cod. It was too Ali y for me so I will try something else next time.Special Features:
- Excellent fresh French/CalifornianeatoutalwaysDined on 9/10/2014When I'm at Le Garage I feel like I'm on vacation in the Med. It is a Sausalito favorite of mine. The food is super fresh (the nicose salad for lunch is always good), healthy french/american and they have the best bread in the Bay Area IMHO. The waitstaff is knowledgeable, energetic and super professional. I've never had less than a perfect experience at this restaurant. And looking out at the various super-yachts that come from all over the world is always fun too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing food - sad serviceA10earthquakeDined on 9/8/2014The food was amazing! Our server was short with us and seemed irritated the whole time. We all have lives and anyone could have a bad day... maybe he just needed a day off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/8/2014Food was just OK so it's overpriced for what you get.
- Best Food &Service in TownSausalitoDinerVIPDined on 9/4/2014Always authentic and the team works really well together to produce a wonderful meal with great wine in a perfect environment! The squash bblossoms are a must and the surf & turf is well worth it! The black cod was cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had such high hopes....SirFunkDined on 8/30/2014Long & short- our order apparently got lost in the pass and never got cooked. So as tables after us were served and paid, our food was nowhere to be seen- or was our server! On several occasions we had to wave down other servers to get us more sparkling water(we spend more on that than many do on wine). The food- it was delicious- for the most part. My frites of the steak frites, were cold and soggy. They tasted like they died sitting in the pass. My steak was killer, but the damage was done. If you make a mistake, fix it PERFECTLY. The server then blamed the kitchen. C'mon man, no excuses. Just fix it, apologize, comp some beverages as a gesture (which he did only after we asked) and save the service with grace. Disappointed.Special Features:
- Hip spot and fine foodJodiVIPDined on 8/30/2014Away from the crowds of downtown, being right on the harbor is great. Simple French cuisine that didn't break my bank. Figs wrapped in bacon appetizer is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindTasteful1Dined on 8/29/2014Foodie friends recommended Le Garage and it is a find.Special Features:
- Nothing wrong...!FavaldoDined on 8/28/2014Nice place, nice food. Service was really appreciated. I felt it to be slightly too expensive when compared to what we had, but the overall feeling was definitely positive...!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful settingcarolDined on 8/23/2014Great for relaxing and enjoying food and drink and the scenery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerPaizDined on 8/22/2014We were afraid Le Garage would be too loud for an intimate anniversary dinner, but we were seated at the far end of the enclosed patio and it was perfect. The service was professional and attentive. The food was delicious! I can be picky and really would not have changed a thing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of town friends huge success!CPMcDined on 8/20/2014I had co-workers in from east coast and wanted to take them over the GG bridge and over to see Sausalito... Le Garage was perfect... best duck confit, best steak and frites, yummy dessert and of course our Whispering Angel rose!! Service was amazing our Juan Les Pins new friend! Thank you!!!Special Features: