85 Liberty Ship Way Ste 109
Sausalito, CA 94965Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.legaragebistrosausalito.com/
- Phone: 4153325625
- Hours of Operation:
Coffee & Pastries(walk-in only): Daily: 7:30 Am - 11:00 Am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00 Am - 2:30 Pm; Lunch (walk-in only): Monday - Friday: 11:30 AM - 3:00 Pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30 Pm - 9:30 Pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Olivier Souvestre
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: From corporate events to small social parties, Le Garage offers the perfect waterfront setting to host your event. Enjoy delicious French Californian cuisine in a relaxed casual atmosphere.
- Private Party Contact: Susannah 4153325625
A word from Le Garage
Le Garage is committed to serving simple French bistro style food in a relaxed casual atmosphere on the beautiful Sausalito waterfront.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Le Garage reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
scenic view (94)fit for foodies (81)great for outdoor dining (80)neighborhood gem (75)special occasion (47)romantic (40)great for lunch (36)great for brunch (30)notable wine list (21)hot spot (20)good for groups (13)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- Beautiful settingcarolDined on 8/23/2014Great for relaxing and enjoying food and drink and the scenery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerPaizDined on 8/22/2014We were afraid Le Garage would be too loud for an intimate anniversary dinner, but we were seated at the far end of the enclosed patio and it was perfect. The service was professional and attentive. The food was delicious! I can be picky and really would not have changed a thing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of town friends huge success!CPMcDined on 8/20/2014I had co-workers in from east coast and wanted to take them over the GG bridge and over to see Sausalito... Le Garage was perfect... best duck confit, best steak and frites, yummy dessert and of course our Whispering Angel rose!! Service was amazing our Juan Les Pins new friend! Thank you!!!Special Features:
- Too loud to speak, think, enjoyFoodieIDined on 8/15/2014Basically, this experience was so unpleasant as to be unrepeatable. It's a nice place, conveniently located adjacent to the marina, where we sail in and docked. among the five of us, two enjoyed the food; and NONE enjoyed the experience. We sail to Sausalito frequently and will never again go to Le Garage.Special Features:
- NoisyHarryVIPDined on 8/14/2014Good service and good food but tables are very (uncomfortably) close together and the noise level is awful. Can't have conversation.
- Love this place!MaryDined on 8/13/2014Love this place. Great variety Menu. We're regulars. This week took friends. Excellent dinners -3 mussels and 1 steak /fries all the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Multiple VisitsCinemaBearDined on 8/12/2014Been to Le Garage about 15 times. This one was a particular gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/7/2014Overall enjoyed our evening - there for a special occasion. A bit disturbed by $25 for corkage, especially since we also bought champagne from them. Food was very good.Special Features:
- A jewel!gitdowndiningDined on 8/7/2014Local Sausalitans are thrilled to have Le Garage in the 'hood! Decor and site unique, mouth-watering menu and thoroughly satisfying fo, service superb. A total home run. I wish they had a full bar, though -- only "complaint".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud at happy hour and dinnerBELLEVIPDined on 8/6/2014The three of us had good service here but you can't really hear what people are talking about. Food is ok but small portions for too much money.Special Features:
- Great Looking Staff and Food!Deb2433Dined on 8/6/2014The staff was wonderful, helpful, courteous and gracious! The food was a delight, we ate here on a Wed and it seemed to empty out and close early, but it was a weekday in Marin... We really had wonderful assistance with allergies too, and an accommodation when we wanted to change seats. Probably could be more romantic, but the seating doesn't really allow too much closeness and it was rather loud. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, a celebratory Kir Royale and a very delicious meal with gracious staff! Thank you very much!!Special Features:
- delicious seaside diningVictDined on 8/2/2014perfect french bistro food - the grilled fig salad was to die for!Special Features:
- If you like garlic . . .nonicknameVIPDined on 7/22/2014Based on the excellent service, we enjoyed our dinner at Le Garage but we both commented that there was way too much garlic in the food for our tastes.
- Delicious Food -- Noisy AtmosphereFoodiefromSonomaDined on 7/21/2014Great experience dining. It was just too loud. Not sure if anything can be done acoustically, but if there is, it should definitely be attempted. We were entertaining guests visiting from the Boston area and it was way too loud to have a good conversation.Special Features:
- FrequentDinerDined on 7/21/2014Food & service good but noise level 10+....could not hear the person next to me....Special Features:
- AngelaVIPDined on 7/18/2014Fabulous food, great wine list and a great energy ! One of our favorite places!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/17/2014Le Garage never disappoints us. The food and service is always top notch and keeps us coming back.Special Features:
- Fine not greatNYerDined on 7/10/2014I thought the menu promised great things, but the food delivered was average. My "steelhead" salmon tasted like normal (farmed) salmon, not wild. It was also over-cooked. Our waiter seemed annoyed that we took a long time to order, even though we ordered drinks, and said we couldn't have bread until we ordered food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/10/2014The restaurant was just way too loud for us. Even as more tables arrived and the noise level increased the restaurant continued to play music. The food was OK -- we were disappointed overall and sad to say will not return.Special Features:
- awful service, mediocre foodnotalegaragefanDined on 7/4/2014I was so upset about the terrible service we got at this restaurant, but when I read other reviews I realized I was not alone and felt better. The weird thing is, after asking 3 DIFFERENT people where our food (1 hour late) and drink refills were (20 minutes late) no one responded & just walked away! I assume to go find out, but they never returned and more oddly, didn't even stay long enough to listen to me finish speaking or say anything like "i'm sorry let me go check.' they literally walked away mid sentence. THREE people. Then we finally get the waitress, I am beside myself at this point, and she does the same thing! no apology ever! The manager (or who I assume is the manager) was one of them. This place is odd and ridiculous.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/4/2014Great service, wonderful atmosphere and the menu is always interesting and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A destination findGeeDubDined on 7/2/2014Was intrigued by the name and that it's a former garage. Our server was very intuitive, knowing when to hover, when to stay away. The grilled steelhead and asparagus were very tasty. Definitely recommend the stuffed squash appetizer. The $70 bottle of Quivera Zinfandel was exquisite. If you're a Baby Boomer or older, the font on the menu is very pretty and pretty difficult to read. Overall - a nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JdmpDined on 6/30/2014Waiter could have been friendlier Food great Owner great Knew it was birthday Did nothingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ColcalVIPDined on 6/28/2014Such a "delicious" little spot-both food-wise and ambience-wise. We'll be back soon!Special Features:
- Fabulous every timeHollLcDined on 6/27/2014I love Le Garage, L' Apart and F3. All are friendly, casual and fun. Never a bad meal and always friendly smiling folks working the bar, door or food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Our evening at Le Garage was a great experience. The food was excellent and the service was good. It is an interesting ambiance. On a Friday night it was a little loud and chaotic. The tables are quite close to each other, which does not offer a very intimate experience. The wine menu was good, but offered no cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is consistently deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2014The staff is almost as good as the food! Sorry guy's, your great, but Love the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kim4325VIPDined on 6/26/2014Le Garage is a little gem, next to Sausalito beach. The food has gotten so much better, more fresh and organic - almost farm to table, especially on vegetables. We ordered Surf & Turf - Beef Tenderloin and Fresh Maine Lobster Tail and Fresh Fettuccini, Massachusetts Dayboat Scallops. They were delicious. We ordered 2011 Chateau de la Gardine Red and it was gorgeous. Overall, we really enjoyed our experience, and would definitely come back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014Great atmosphere and beautiful views of the harbor. The food was presented beautifully, but my tenderloin medallions were tasteless. Our waiter was friendly, but annoyingly told us "bon apetite" about 50 times while playing up his frenchness. Overall not a repeat.Special Features:
- Perfect Night OutSausalitoDinerVIPDined on 6/21/2014The goat cheese filled squash blossoms were perfect and the surf 'n' turf was cooked perfectly. The wine recommendation was flawless & service was flawless! Consistently good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kg11VIPDined on 6/21/2014If this was our first time here,I wouldn't hurry back, but we've been here so many times we will just say that we will certainly give them another oppty. All restaurants can have an off night. Food was bland.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Irish very impressedholywood18apeopleDined on 6/20/2014We went to Le Garage not knowing what to expect people we asked re directions all commented, you are really going to enjoy it. And we did superb food first class service and lovely position in a quirky setting. We have never eaten in such a first class garage!! Nice crowd with vibrant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always DeliversFoodieSFVIPDined on 6/20/2014One of my favorite Sausalito spots. Food, ambiance, and staff are all wonderful. Pair that with a warm evening, a bottle of rose, and you have the perfection!Special Features:
- Yummie dinner great locatioMaryDined on 6/19/2014How can you beat sunset dinner next to the harbor in Sausalito? Amazing food. Loved the stuffed squash flower appetizer! Great wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back!CruiserDined on 6/14/2014Nice "hidden" place in Sausalito. Thanks to "Check please!" for revealing this restaurant to us. Simple but comfortable atmosphere at the harbor. Food is very good and nicely presented. Wine list is long enough. Squash blossoms stuffed with goat cheese melting in your mouth! Mussels and duck breasts are yummy! French fries prepared with herbs is so good! Service is very good. Grand merci!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique locationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2014It really is in a garage - but with great French food. With a view to a yacht harbor. and I mean yacht not boat harbor .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GaragistesGuscoffierVIPDined on 6/7/2014Another nice stop at Le Garage to meet old friends. We were on time and entered a quiet bistro, but by the time we left things were rocking. Just off the water in Sausolito, the place has a real garage feeling which the owners have played up to with the uniforms. Great place for a conversation with friendly and helpful wait-staff who do not push you to turn over the table. We loved the white burgundy recommended by our waiter (corkage waived on our other bottle) and also loved the charcuterie appetizer. Halibut entrees were great if somewhat diminutive, the steak frites, however was huge. One diner had the veggies pasta option, which was delicious. All this plus cheese for dessert. A great time at Le Garage.Special Features:
- WowSqueekDined on 6/7/2014Amazing find. Incredible food. We kinda over did it....beet salad, charcuterie platter, fettuccini with large scallops, duck, chocolate molten cake, bottle of wine and a glass of port. All were excellent! (We did take home half of our dinners) really good service, and, for us, the atmosphere was perfect.Special Features:
- Great Location, Food Was NotpamifVIPDined on 6/4/2014A little disappointed with the meal. It wasn't as good as all of the previous meals. Mussels are my go-to dish here, but they were overcooked and the broth was watery and needed to be reduced for depth of flavor. The other person had the rib-eye steak and frites with morel sauce. It was lovely. I'd like to think that maybe this was just an off night for the kitchen because I love this restaurant, the staff and the location. Will go back and give it another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummy light and FRESHshilaVIPDined on 5/31/2014Always coming here is a treat. The food never ever disappoints with positively fresh ingredients and the je ne sais quoi making every French dish divine from salad dressings or sauces or simple preparations which are distinctive.Wish I remembered to come more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.