219, ave. Mont Royal O
Montreal, QC H2T 2T2Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$51 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://lefilet.ca/
- Phone: 5143606060
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:45pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Japanese, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Claude Pelletier & Yasu Okazaki
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Esplanade
- Public Transit: Bus: 80, stop corner Mt-Royal and Parc avenue.
Bus: 97, stop corner Mt-Royal and Esplanade.
Metro: Mt-Royal + bus 97 toward the west.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Lots of paying parking on the street in front of the restaurant.
A word from Le Filet
In a sparkling universe entirely dedicated, in sense and spirit, to the oceans and their treasures, we invite you to indulge with us in some moments of joy.Continued
Dans un univers chatoyant, dédié, tant par les sens que par l'esprit, à la mer et à ses condiments, nous vous convions à vivre avec nous des moments de joie.
Dans un univers chatoyant, dédié, tant par les sens que par l'esprit, à la mer et à ses condiments, nous vous convions à vivre avec nous des moments de joie.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Le Filet - Best Restaurants in Plateau Mont-Royal ›
Le Filet reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (76)special occasion (63)romantic (35)neighborhood gem (34)hot spot (34)notable wine list (30)great for outdoor dining (20)good for groups (12)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (9)scenic view (5)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Le FiletOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Outstanding food. The sequence between courses is longer then it should be. It must be a combination of having too many guests, how precise the food is and the work it takes to make each, however it is a small menu so a place with such great food standard should have equal timing standard. The staff is nice and very knowledgable of their menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GEM!OutoftheKitchenDined on 8/23/2014Top of our list for restaurants in Montreal. Everything was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great Vibe, Great ValueJimDelMarDined on 8/20/2014The best restaurant we dined at during our visit to Quebec City and Montreal! The tapa like dishes are great for sharing. We had six dishes, including desert, and all were excellent. Fresh ingredients, well prepared and presented. The restaurant is great for people watching. Most of them seemed to be locals when we visited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a disappointmentVixsterDined on 8/16/2014This was my 3rd dining experience at Le Filet, this summer alone What a gem! Incredible food as usual and the flavours simply magnificent. You cannot compare the oysters to any other establishment. Must have are the oysters miso gratin as well as the foie gras cavatelli A special nod to the staff. They are incredible. They set the bar for service that other restaurants should try to measure up to My congratulations and we'll be seeing other againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2014Le Filet was a great find for us in an area of Montreal we'd never been to before (we come to Montreal from Connecticut every year or two for a getaway vacation). The ambience is wonderful (sort of a blend of hipster and classic), and the food is exquisite (everything we tried was perfectly prepared and delicious). Since the menu is small and changes constantly, it's probably not worth recommending anything in particular, but certainly have the oysters, a specialty of the house! Serving sizes for "small plates" were surprisingly large. My wife and I were completely satisfied with four plates, plus a shared dessert!Special Features:
- Wow. What a great mealLuv2eatVIPDined on 8/8/2014Maybe the best meal I have had in 10 years. The flavors were just outstanding. It is a little expensive but it is a foodies paradise. It's a little bit of a ride from the old downtown but really worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite a find!KellieDined on 8/2/2014Our first trip to Montreal for our son's 30th birthday celebration and he picked Le Filet from a review on line. It certainly lived up to it's reputation. Wonderful food, friendly and knowledgeable staff and a nice, relaxing atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing First ExperienceCaymanSVIPDined on 8/1/2014If first impressions are the most important, Le Fillet left us with an amazing first impression. The waiters were knowledgeable, friendly and frankly down to earth. The food was even better. I highly recommend lobster pasta and the fresh oysters. A must visit restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening in Mont RoyalKBOZDined on 7/31/2014We loved everything about this restaurant and the food styling and wine list was spot on. Make sure you don't miss this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening!VineandDineVIPDined on 7/31/2014Great food, wonderful service, and the highlight of our visit through Montreal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014My wife and I celebrated our first anniversary at Le Filet. The food, wine list and service was perfect. After selecting our dishes, the staff provided recommendations for wine pairing, which turned out perfectly. We really enjoyed the entire experience and would highly recommend this restaurant to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- World Class!DodgerVIPDined on 7/24/2014Visiting Montreal from San Francisco, we were recommended to Les Filet by a local friend who understood how critical those in our home City can be of restaurants. Well, you can put Les Filet up there with any spot in SF. The food is creative, supremely well prepared and just fabulous. The various shared sampler plates were a great way to try many different and delicious items. We especially enjoyed the vegetable dishes---most imaginative and the ingredients locally grown. And the service was abundantly friendly and helpful---thank you Audrey and co-owner Patrick. In addition to being so friendly and inviting, they helped us navigate through an armada of Armagnac’s and cognacs. Many thanks!Special Features:
- Fresh and deliciousMassDspDined on 7/22/2014This is a wonderful and very different place to eat out. Tapas style service. A place to share everything. Very creative and attentive to details in all the dishes we ordered. They have a small menu but if you ask, they will present you with the same menu broken down by food allergies or needs (Lactose free, gluten free and vegetarian). It was really nice not to worry about hidden ingredients. The service is friendly and the wine list fabulous. The place is hopping and getting a reservation on a Saturday night requires weeks of thinking ahead. Well worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Spectacular!KatemsDined on 7/19/2014Every dish was delightful. The portions are small, but exquisite. Order diversely and share. We had been told the fish was wonderful, but we found it to be spectacular - especially the hamachi and the arctic char.Special Features:
- OutstandingMarcVIPDined on 7/18/2014THis is one of Mtl's finest...one of our most refiend restaurants. 10/10 on all counts!Special Features:
- AmazingDRGTDined on 7/17/2014We let the chef pick our plates for the night and we were dazzled with the food. Service was great too. They really know what they are doing... One of Montreal's best!Special Features:
- Everything was delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/17/2014We loved everything about our dinner at Le filet. The service was excellent, cool ambiance and the food was the highlight. We started with fried zucchini flowers which were a special that night, recommended by our waiter or we would've never tried, but they were delicious. Hamachi sashimi was amazing, and the wagyu tatami with eggplant out of this world. It is the sauces that really make their food shine. Veal cheek cavatelli with food gras sauce, and lamb medallions all 5 star. Yum!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding restaurantNewfieDined on 7/16/2014My wife and I had dinner at the Filet for the second time with two guests. We were not disappointed. From the reception to the excellent service from very friendly waiters to the quality food that you share to the super wine list, everything was outstanding. It's fairly expensive depending on your choice of wines...but worth every cent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellet food an service !CathyDined on 7/12/2014we were impressed with this restaurant, excellent food and service , we will recommend it to our friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal, great spaceFoodForwardDined on 7/12/2014Had an excellent dinner and wonderful service. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anniversary dinnerTwigletDined on 7/11/2014My wife and I plus two friends enjoyed a wonderful evening celebrating 29 years married. As on previous visits, Le Filet delivered excellent food, with professional service and vibrant atmosphere. All of the 12 dishes served were equally exotic and delicious. We will want to return, soon. Many thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/5/2014What a great meal we had at Le Filet! Patrick the manager was super nice and our waitress Sarah Jane was perfect. All of our dishes were very tasty and we would highly recommend this restaurant. We went on a Sat night but needed a place to eat on Sunday. Patrick was nice enough to recommend Hotel Herman. Please try both places because they are hip and not your typical tourist place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood at its bestMercedesDined on 6/25/2014Finally, Montreal has a great seafood restaurant. All dishes are to share and this tapas style service allow you to taste more items on their menu. Service is attentive and friendly. Food outstanding. Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticJchf3700Dined on 6/21/2014Was in Montreal for a weekend with friends / bachelor party ... Sara Jane was our waitress. The cuisine, wine, and service were all amazing. Oysters, hamachi, lobsters spaghetti, veal cheek, snapper were really amazing...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bonne tabletidenDined on 6/21/2014Bonne bouffe quoique pas a la hauteur de sa reputation de meilleure table a Montreal. Huitres excellente. Quelques belles surprises comme le thon. Pates a l'agneau un peu ordinaire et trop salėes. Vin un peu cherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around hit!brooklynDined on 6/13/2014Amazing experience from the moment we walked in. Welcoming atmosphere, the host made us feel at home. The food was delicious and designed for sharing, ideal for trying lots of different things. The fluke was amazing! Our waiter was terrific and really made the night special. We were visiting Montreal for the weekend, and I would definitely come back to Le Filet the next time we are in town. Don't miss it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They do it rightPatmandoDined on 6/11/2014The smaller portions allow you to taste a wide array of delicious recipes! The crab risotto is one of my faves, the oysters both baked and cold were perfect (and I'm generally not a fan of the baked ones). I've been to Le Filet more times than I can remember and it has never disappointed me. Thanks to Hugo and the team!Special Features:
- Just greatYankwAussieVIPDined on 6/6/2014Food was perfect, we left saying we loved each dish and would try the others we couldn't fit in. Small plate style eating w Japanese influence bc of the chef. Wine list is truly amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- flawless service, excellent foodtowniesDined on 5/31/2014We had a short but satisfying experience at Le Fillet-- service was flawless (we got the same treatment as the Spielberg group at the next table) and the three plates we tried were generous and excellent. The availability of a gluten-free menu was most appreciated; if there had been one or two gluten-free dessert options I would have been even happier. Loved the room, the vibe...will return.Special Features:
- Good, could be Very GoodSkiM00seDined on 5/31/2014Everything was nice but in Montreal there are many nice places. Service was friendly, food was good but not excellent. It could have been excellent had it been less salty, and that was the case for all plates. A bid disappointed but I would try it again.Special Features:
- D I V I N E . . .NineMDined on 5/30/2014Merci! Thank you! D I V I N E ! We had a fantastic experience. From the food, to the wine, the service, the decor, the noise level… We live in between Paris and New York, and THIS was our best dinner date in a very long time !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le FiletChrisKDined on 5/30/2014One of the best restaurants in Montreal - the food rivals most any restaurant in NYC and is usually better. Cavatelli and tuna tar tar are THE BEST!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A higher level of cuisineLadyChefMayDined on 5/29/2014It is rare that I come accross the level skill displayed by the chefs at Le filet. My most common common complaint about too many montreal restaurants is that there is far too much build-up and very little follow-through. At Le filet however much to my delight this was not the case. I could not find fault with any dish. Simply put Le filet is a real restaurant that serves superb food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Neighbourhood Gem for FoodiesChiclittlecityDined on 5/16/2014This restaurant is elegant and the food is utterly divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceWorldtravelerDined on 5/16/2014Everything we've tried was perfect! Great food, beautifully prepared. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Best Dinner of the TripJDFilleyDined on 5/14/2014We had a great meal at L'Express and then a disappointing meal at Joe Beef. For our 3rd and last night we had booked Le Filet. We almost went to another spot we saw in Old Montreal but held to our plan. On the night of the Canadiens 7th game against the Bruins we headed out to Le Filet. The food was wonderful. I am a big fan of Tuna Tartare and theirs was one of the best I have ever had. My wife had the Oysters Miso Gratinee which she loved. We then shared the Octopus with Israeli Couscous which was poetic. She then had the Sea Bass and I had the Cavatelli both of which were sublime. We had a couple of cocktails and great bottle of Chablis. Then chased it all with a maple dessert.Special Features:
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/10/2014Second time back at Le Filet every single dish was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic!Kar729Dined on 5/10/2014Tapas style. Great presentation. Great food! Hard to say which dish I liked best. A must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le Filet par excellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Le Filet When you leave Le Filet and you tel yourself that coming back is a MUST, then you know the dining experience was great, and so it was. I could discourse on the originality and presentation of the dishes but it is also the ambiance and those added complements often absent at some restaurants that made the evening enjoyable. Do trust staff on wine pairing. Leave your wine preferences for another day and trust staff on pairing. They are knowledgeable and you will discover new labels. Ask for the house cocktail La Piscine. It is the hottest drink in Paris at this time. Paul and Danielle May 2014Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014The scallops orange beet was a mouth party. Among the best meals ever. And the grilled octopus was delicious. Very interesting presentation and expertly prepared. Service was impeccable and friendly.Special Features: