219, ave. Mont Royal O
Montreal, QC H2T 2T2Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$51 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://lefilet.ca/
- Phone: 5143606060
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:45pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Japanese, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Claude Pelletier & Yasu Okazaki
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Esplanade
- Public Transit: Bus: 80, stop corner Mt-Royal and Parc avenue.
Bus: 97, stop corner Mt-Royal and Esplanade.
Metro: Mt-Royal + bus 97 toward the west.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Lots of paying parking on the street in front of the restaurant.
A word from Le Filet
In a sparkling universe entirely dedicated, in sense and spirit, to the oceans and their treasures, we invite you to indulge with us in some moments of joy.Continued
Dans un univers chatoyant, dédié, tant par les sens que par l'esprit, à la mer et à ses condiments, nous vous convions à vivre avec nous des moments de joie.
Dans un univers chatoyant, dédié, tant par les sens que par l'esprit, à la mer et à ses condiments, nous vous convions à vivre avec nous des moments de joie.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Le Filet - Best Restaurants in Plateau Mont-Royal ›
Le Filet reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (80)special occasion (61)hot spot (39)neighborhood gem (34)romantic (33)notable wine list (31)great for outdoor dining (25)good for groups (14)vibrant bar scene (8)scenic view (6)late-night find (6)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Fantastic gemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014The small plates were amazing. Best tuna tartare I have ever had. We did 4 plates and dessert and it was great. The risotto is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tucked-away TreasurePhotobulbDined on 10/11/2014Nestled deep within a neighborhood, Le Filet offers exquisite tapas dishes--each one presented with great culinary artistry--combining flavors, textures, colors, and aromas. The variety and caliber of wines are exceptional as well. When in Montreal, reserve a date for dinner here--you will thank yourself immediately, and for a long time to come.Special Features:
- Best tuna tartare overOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/7/2014Excellent meal. I would go back and order the same dishes; I look forward to returning.Special Features:
- A delightful experienceGPfromOttawaDined on 10/4/2014One of the best food experience. The tuna tartare and the snapper were excellent. The sweet breads were extraordinary - crisp yet so tender. Great service. Only one drawback - the restaurant can be quite noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GilbertDined on 10/3/2014Delivers on every bit of the hype. The oyster starter cooked with jalapeño and maple crunch was memorable, as was the extraordinary curried cauliflower that came as part of a vegetable trio. Pork flank as a main was a winner. Service was impressive. We'll definitely be back next time we visit Montreal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousanthonyDined on 10/1/2014My favourite restaurant in Montreal, hands-down. Pricey, but there is no question that you get your money's worth! Love the tapas style. The only unfortunate change is that they've recently dropped some items from the menu that I really enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding Montreal RestaurantpugaplegicDined on 9/30/2014Dining out at Le Filet reminds me of my life in Paris France. This restaurant is the city's best, the food is imaginative and delicious, the service impeccable . I cannot wait to go back.Special Features:
- OutstandingbellurolDined on 9/27/2014Excellent and diverse menu of sharing plates. Wine choices a bit overwhelming but the sommelier was very helpful. Will recommend and also will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La qualité est au menuSunshine25Dined on 9/12/2014Il s'agissait de notre deuxième visite à ce restaurant. Sans contredit, il y aura d'autres visites car la qualité de la nourriture était au rendez-vous. Présentation esthétique et savoureuse. Le service est également à la hauteur. Le restaurant est très populaire donc assez bruyant à éviter pour un souper d'amoureux.Special Features:
- DeliciousPatmarcDined on 9/11/2014Fantastic food experience, tasty, fresh, creative, mixes between different chef culture, from Japanese, North American and European. Total we were 3 persons and we have tried and shared 12 dishes. For me the number one was the Tuna tartar. Surely actually Montreal número uno! Overall rating should be 4.5 on 5!Special Features:
- JosieDined on 9/10/2014Amazing restaurant. Best food ever! Great staff, particularly our host Patrick. We had a wonderful dinner!Special Features:
- Excellent but above market pricebeready2spendDined on 9/9/2014The food was undeniably delicious. Each plate was a success and tasty. But having a chef in our group, we knew right away that the dishes, for their portion size, were over-priced. A few dollars less and they would hit a home-run.Special Features:
- Great food!!FoodieDined on 9/6/2014Food and service are great! Cocktails also great! Only downer is that the portions are tiny so you need to order a few plates to make a proper meal portion. SUPER PRICEY for the amount of food you get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!!JOJOVIPDined on 9/6/2014The food was innovative and delicious. The staff was friendly and the atmosphere had a cool vibe. Really fun and would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic foodazur99Dined on 9/3/2014Definitely somewhere to return and taste all the other items on the menu. I recommend the onion rings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MoonlightQDined on 8/28/2014food is good, the only thing is the parking, as a out of town customer we really have a hard time finding parking in your neighbour, almost give up after circle the neighbourhood for half an hour trying to find parking !! around your restaurant are all assign parking for the house with permit ,we might think twice to come to your restaurant again or even recommend to our friends!Special Features:
- Le FiletNakillerDined on 8/26/2014Outstanding food. The sequence between courses is longer then it should be. It must be a combination of having too many guests, how precise the food is and the work it takes to make each, however it is a small menu so a place with such great food standard should have equal timing standard. The staff is nice and very knowledgable of their menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GEM!OutoftheKitchenDined on 8/23/2014Top of our list for restaurants in Montreal. Everything was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great Vibe, Great ValueJimDelMarDined on 8/20/2014The best restaurant we dined at during our visit to Quebec City and Montreal! The tapa like dishes are great for sharing. We had six dishes, including desert, and all were excellent. Fresh ingredients, well prepared and presented. The restaurant is great for people watching. Most of them seemed to be locals when we visited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a disappointmentVixsterDined on 8/16/2014This was my 3rd dining experience at Le Filet, this summer alone What a gem! Incredible food as usual and the flavours simply magnificent. You cannot compare the oysters to any other establishment. Must have are the oysters miso gratin as well as the foie gras cavatelli A special nod to the staff. They are incredible. They set the bar for service that other restaurants should try to measure up to My congratulations and we'll be seeing other againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2014Le Filet was a great find for us in an area of Montreal we'd never been to before (we come to Montreal from Connecticut every year or two for a getaway vacation). The ambience is wonderful (sort of a blend of hipster and classic), and the food is exquisite (everything we tried was perfectly prepared and delicious). Since the menu is small and changes constantly, it's probably not worth recommending anything in particular, but certainly have the oysters, a specialty of the house! Serving sizes for "small plates" were surprisingly large. My wife and I were completely satisfied with four plates, plus a shared dessert!Special Features:
- Wow. What a great mealLuv2eatVIPDined on 8/8/2014Maybe the best meal I have had in 10 years. The flavors were just outstanding. It is a little expensive but it is a foodies paradise. It's a little bit of a ride from the old downtown but really worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite a find!KellieDined on 8/2/2014Our first trip to Montreal for our son's 30th birthday celebration and he picked Le Filet from a review on line. It certainly lived up to it's reputation. Wonderful food, friendly and knowledgeable staff and a nice, relaxing atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing First ExperienceCaymanSVIPDined on 8/1/2014If first impressions are the most important, Le Fillet left us with an amazing first impression. The waiters were knowledgeable, friendly and frankly down to earth. The food was even better. I highly recommend lobster pasta and the fresh oysters. A must visit restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening in Mont RoyalKBOZDined on 7/31/2014We loved everything about this restaurant and the food styling and wine list was spot on. Make sure you don't miss this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening!VineandDineVIPDined on 7/31/2014Great food, wonderful service, and the highlight of our visit through Montreal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014My wife and I celebrated our first anniversary at Le Filet. The food, wine list and service was perfect. After selecting our dishes, the staff provided recommendations for wine pairing, which turned out perfectly. We really enjoyed the entire experience and would highly recommend this restaurant to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- World Class!DodgerVIPDined on 7/24/2014Visiting Montreal from San Francisco, we were recommended to Les Filet by a local friend who understood how critical those in our home City can be of restaurants. Well, you can put Les Filet up there with any spot in SF. The food is creative, supremely well prepared and just fabulous. The various shared sampler plates were a great way to try many different and delicious items. We especially enjoyed the vegetable dishes---most imaginative and the ingredients locally grown. And the service was abundantly friendly and helpful---thank you Audrey and co-owner Patrick. In addition to being so friendly and inviting, they helped us navigate through an armada of Armagnac’s and cognacs. Many thanks!Special Features:
- Fresh and deliciousMassDspDined on 7/22/2014This is a wonderful and very different place to eat out. Tapas style service. A place to share everything. Very creative and attentive to details in all the dishes we ordered. They have a small menu but if you ask, they will present you with the same menu broken down by food allergies or needs (Lactose free, gluten free and vegetarian). It was really nice not to worry about hidden ingredients. The service is friendly and the wine list fabulous. The place is hopping and getting a reservation on a Saturday night requires weeks of thinking ahead. Well worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Spectacular!KatemsDined on 7/19/2014Every dish was delightful. The portions are small, but exquisite. Order diversely and share. We had been told the fish was wonderful, but we found it to be spectacular - especially the hamachi and the arctic char.Special Features:
- OutstandingMarcVIPDined on 7/18/2014THis is one of Mtl's finest...one of our most refiend restaurants. 10/10 on all counts!Special Features:
- AmazingDRGTDined on 7/17/2014We let the chef pick our plates for the night and we were dazzled with the food. Service was great too. They really know what they are doing... One of Montreal's best!Special Features:
- Everything was delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/17/2014We loved everything about our dinner at Le filet. The service was excellent, cool ambiance and the food was the highlight. We started with fried zucchini flowers which were a special that night, recommended by our waiter or we would've never tried, but they were delicious. Hamachi sashimi was amazing, and the wagyu tatami with eggplant out of this world. It is the sauces that really make their food shine. Veal cheek cavatelli with food gras sauce, and lamb medallions all 5 star. Yum!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding restaurantNewfieDined on 7/16/2014My wife and I had dinner at the Filet for the second time with two guests. We were not disappointed. From the reception to the excellent service from very friendly waiters to the quality food that you share to the super wine list, everything was outstanding. It's fairly expensive depending on your choice of wines...but worth every cent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellet food an service !CathyDined on 7/12/2014we were impressed with this restaurant, excellent food and service , we will recommend it to our friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal, great spaceFoodForwardDined on 7/12/2014Had an excellent dinner and wonderful service. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anniversary dinnerTwigletDined on 7/11/2014My wife and I plus two friends enjoyed a wonderful evening celebrating 29 years married. As on previous visits, Le Filet delivered excellent food, with professional service and vibrant atmosphere. All of the 12 dishes served were equally exotic and delicious. We will want to return, soon. Many thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/5/2014What a great meal we had at Le Filet! Patrick the manager was super nice and our waitress Sarah Jane was perfect. All of our dishes were very tasty and we would highly recommend this restaurant. We went on a Sat night but needed a place to eat on Sunday. Patrick was nice enough to recommend Hotel Herman. Please try both places because they are hip and not your typical tourist place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood at its bestMercedesDined on 6/25/2014Finally, Montreal has a great seafood restaurant. All dishes are to share and this tapas style service allow you to taste more items on their menu. Service is attentive and friendly. Food outstanding. Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 110 reviews are from the Le Filet reviews archive.
- FantasticJchf3700Dined on 6/21/2014Was in Montreal for a weekend with friends / bachelor party ... Sara Jane was our waitress. The cuisine, wine, and service were all amazing. Oysters, hamachi, lobsters spaghetti, veal cheek, snapper were really amazing...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.