Le Donne Cucina Italiana
72-624 El Paseo Ste C7
Palm Desert, CA 92260Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Le Donne Cucina Italiana
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ledonnecucina.com/
- Phone: 7607739441
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Guillermo Cruz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our party area can accommodate up to 50 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 7607739441
A word from Le Donne Cucina Italiana
Taste the authentic flavors of Italy at Le Donne Cucina Italiana! Voted best Italian restaurant in Palm Desert three years running by the Desert Sun and Palm Springs Life, Le Donne Cucina Italiana makes pastas fresh every day using old-world techniques. You'll love the sophisticated atmosphere and delicious, authentic Italian dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Le Donne Cucina Italiana reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (2)romantic (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- My favorite Italian restaurantAnneDined on 6/19/2014We live in the desert year round and this is our favorite place to go for Italian food. The Resturant will close on June 21st until after Labor Day. Substitutions allowed. Full bar, plus good wine menu. The owner, Heather, is in the resturant during dinner hours and stops by each table to check on guests. Staff has been with her for years. In the winter there are heaters outside and quite comfortable.Special Features:
- The following 142 reviews are from the Le Donne Cucina Italiana reviews archive.
- GreatPrinceDined on 5/17/2014great food and service priced right , that keeps us coming back every visit to Palm Springs. Keep it up pleaseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always consistentboxsterrVIPDined on 5/10/2014wonderful consistent neighborhood gem.....chicken parmesan is outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so soDesertDinerDined on 5/10/2014good food but very crowded tables in small space. Moderately priced. Noisy. Probably the patio dining is better.Special Features:
- Moderate priceA1sullyDined on 5/9/2014We enjoyed very good food and good service . My husband liked his shrimp pasta in vodka sauce. The house Chardonnay was also good. We ate outside, and preferred it to the inside tables which seemed close together. Yes, it was overlooking the parking lot, but it was very pleasant and that did not bother us . We will be returning again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Under the TreesJuliaANNChildDined on 5/8/2014It couldn't have been better. I thoroughly enjoyed my sweetbreads, a favorite of mine not found on many menus. They were done to a turn, lightly crisped to a golden color and creamy inside. My two companions were delighted by the ambience on the outdoor terrace among the mature trees and twinkly lights. The service was impeccable and the food was uniformly excellent. Can't wait to come back.Special Features:
- OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/5/2014Never had Italian food like that....kind of bland and looked like it had Mexican sauce. Had eggplant parm...yuck could barely eat it. Sorry
- Large Portions. Great prices.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/2/2014We were amazed at the amount of food served. Prices were great. This would be a great place for large gatherings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual and good foodWallyDined on 4/29/2014Extensive menu and still very good food order by each diner. Service friendly. Not very busy so had a choice of several tables. Went for outside porch. Good choice in a hot evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliversCHeryVIPDined on 3/31/2014Delicious Italian food and pleasant waitstaff. Try to go there and take friends more than once when we are in the desert.Special Features:
- HorriblenickVIPDined on 3/31/2014The worst Italian food I've ever had! Literally! The sauce looked more like cream of tomato soup than sauce.
- Not bad, just ok....Husker1KDined on 3/14/2014When the town is very crowded, this place had room for a party of six on a Friday night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best EverMcruiksDined on 3/7/2014Amazing Italian entrees and wonderful service. Love, love, the restaurant .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/so-so serviceSlickDined on 3/1/2014I'd go back for the food, but not for the ambiance or service. Food was outstanding. Service was not very attentive. We were never approached about a second drink or glass of wine during dinner. Waiter was not around at all once the food was delivered. And the tables are way too close together. I kept bumping a guy at the next table any time I made the slightest adjustment with my chair. It felt like he was on top of me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A local treatronniem1971VIPDined on 2/21/2014our first time dining at Le Donne Cucina and we had a nice time. we went for the veal and were not disappointed. will look forward to going again soon.Special Features:
- Le Donne Cucina - Palm Desert GemEclecticGalDined on 2/17/2014Wonderful service, friendly atmosphere - we dined outside - cappelini d'oro, the chicken and the mussels and clams were delicious and plentiful. Had calamari appetizer and bruchetta to share. Everything excellent. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy ItalianErinDined on 2/14/2014We went to La Donne Cucina Italiana for a Valentine's Dinner. I was not expecting the restaurant to be in a strip mall next to a smoke shop. They were busy, so I took that as a good sign. The reservation time we had was honored and we were able to be seated ahead of a large group. I also wasn't expecting the restaurant to be so noisy. On one side of us we had a large group, having some kind of celebration and the other we had the bar and kitchen. Needless to say, conversation was difficult. When ordering, they were out of Riesling and Tiramisu. I was really looking forward to the tiramisu! Our dinner entrees were good and the service was decent. Overall, it wasn't quite the Valentine's dinner I imagined, but it was alright.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014Staff went out of their way to accommodate our needs. Server was very helpful and service was prompt and attentive. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- Le Donne CucinaJanJDined on 2/11/2014This restaurant never fails to please. They start with a delicious bruschetta which is made in shop. All t heir pastas are made fresh daily. I usually get 2 additional meals from the take home, because the port ions are so generous. All in all one of my very favorite restaurant s.Special Features:
- Inviting ItalianWalterDined on 2/8/2014Recently we dined at Le Donne Cucina. We were not disappointed with the quality, preparation, and taste of our meal. We had made reservations for our visit and were glad we did, as the place was very busy. We were a few minutes late, but were nonetheless seated right away upon our arrival. It was quite busy and thus our service was slow. There were also many larger parties, so the noise level was elevated. By the end of our meal, many of the larger parties had left and the atmosphere was much better. Once the food was delivered, we were not disappointed. The pastas dishes we ordered were piping hot and delicious. We recommend this restaurant to people we know that will be in the area and will return in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was one of the best smallbob1Dined on 2/4/2014This was one of the best small restaurants I have ever eaten at the waiters were extremely friendly it is definitely a local favorite the waiters and waitresses knew about 80% of the people in the restaurant by the first name it was as good as it can getSpecial Features:
- Restaurant needs some updating.astarDined on 1/31/2014Restaurant needs some updating. Food was good. Presentation could have been better. Crowd was not especially to our liking but we would try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food... poor servicepoppyDined on 1/30/2014very crowded sitting!!!! Service was very poor... order was messed up....., didn't get salad. Ordered a second glass pf wine... never got it BUT both were on my bill. Had asked that the check be split... it was not. It took waitress 3 tries to get bill right. Food was wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continually good service andRichDined on 1/11/2014Continually good service and tasty food that is served piping hot, the way food should be servedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old style, old gangCCDINERVIPDined on 1/6/2014Our table of 6, Mostly in our mid-60's, were the youngest in the restaurant at 7:00 on a Monday night. Traditional red sauce italian fare was ok, roasted rosemary chicken was tiny and over cooked. Wines by the bottle , inexpensive and fine. There are other Italian options in the area.
- great spotannaDined on 1/6/2014I enjoyed this Italian bistro, food was good and prices reasonable _complimentary bruschetta a nice touch but a few at our table wouldn't eat it because they could smell the garlic and knew it would be strong, for the rest of us it was yummySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian in a Long Time!TravelSYVIPDined on 12/30/2013This is a nice little hidden gem in Palm Desert. The food was fantastic - hearty Italian fare with great taste. I went with my parents and a friend and everyone loved their meal. Mom even created her own pasta dish. It was a very busy place - a testament to the excellent food - so make sure you have a reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh!DennyVIPDined on 12/28/2013Really busy. Seated us late for our 7:15 reservation. Inattentive server. Asked for bread 3 times. It finally came with our dinner. Hot and cramped interior. Food is very average. The same red sauce on everything. Bread was like 1950's white bread. Nothing special and we would never go back.
- good Italian foodbikingotterVIPDined on 12/28/2013We wanted to go to La Spiga but didn't realize we needed to make reservations well in advance, so we tried this place based on recommendations in a travel book. The restaurant was in a strip mall, so not a place you'd expect to find fine dining, so don't go here if that's what you're looking for. The place was full of people at least 70 years old and up until another group came in we were the youngest people at 50. The food was ok, not great, the service was good, the cannoli was a big pass. If you want, inexpensive, sit down italian, then go here. Seems like the people there were regulars since the staff knew everyone and seemed genuinely glad to see everyone.Special Features:
- molto bene!VSheriDined on 12/24/2013An intimate atmosphere, great food, knowledgeable and friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the calamari arrabiatasezmdVIPDined on 12/21/2013Get the calamari arrabiata or anything in arrabiata sauce. Food is really good and the prices are exceptionally reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodRichDined on 12/21/2013Friendly service, quaint, with consistently good food served piping hot. Staff always friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large Menu well managedalbieVIPDined on 12/18/2013Many choices available. All that we've tried were well prepared,. Only complaint--the portions are too large. Prices are extrmely reasonable and the staff very friendly. All the pasta dishes were excellent.Special Features:
- We Loved Le Donne!!!DtownDined on 12/14/2013We were in Palm Desert for the night to catch a show at a local casino and wanted a good meal beforehand. This was a perfect choice! The service was outstanding and the food was even better! Can't wait to visit againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian Jewel in the Desert1FanDined on 12/10/2013This is a wonderful Italian restaurant. The menu is extensive and everything is prepared fresh. The service is wonderful and any requests for type of pasta, how you want your dish prepared was offered. We will definitely return on our next visit.Special Features:
- veal b backlike2eatDined on 12/5/2013This is the second time , I brought my parents this time and we all had a differant selection of a veal dish it was enjoyable and the service was fast and freindlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le DonneNancyDined on 12/5/2013The food was very good but the service this night wasn't. We sat and watched people at table around us that came in 15-25 minutes after us get there food and we had nothing. When we finally received our food 1 of the dishes was cold and wasn't made right. And during this time our server never came by to ask if everything was alright. We had to go to the kitchen to find her to tell her there was a problem.Special Features:
- ???OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/30/2013The food was very good. Ambiance was just ok. Very loud place. Two of our guests were each bitten by Mosquitoes or spiders. We had 7:30pm reservations and they were not ready for us with a table.
- Le Donne Cucina is greatDaleyDined on 11/30/2013This restaurant is very accomodating- They will adjust their dishes as you like- The food is very good but we did notice that the prices have gone up . My entree used to be $12 and gradually went up and is now $18 but very good tastingSpecial Features:
- DisappointingtravelerDined on 11/22/2013The service was very good. The food, not so much. The Zuppa Livornese was like chewing on rubber bands although the red sauce was good for dipping bread. The "fresh" fish, not so fresh. Home made pasta, NOT. If you are looking for a good Italian restaurant keep looking, this isn't it!!!