18135 E. Petroleum Drive
Suites F & G
Baton Rouge, LA 70810Neighborhood:
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lecreolebr.com/
- Phone: (225) 752-7135
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 8:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Creole / Cajun / Southern, Wild Game
- Executive Chef: Ryan Andre
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We partner with Catering Cajun to provide Louisiana's best offsite dining option.
- Private Party Facilities: New facility including access to bar/lounge area with a/v hook-ups.
- Private Party Contact: Clark T. Ellis 2257527135
- Entertainment: Baby Grand Piano.
A word from Le Creole
Welcome to Le Creole-Baton Rouge, where the Gulf of Mexico meets Old New Orleans.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Le Creole - Best Restaurants in Baton Rouge ›
Le Creole reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (33)fit for foodies (31)romantic (26)neighborhood gem (19)good for groups (16)great for lunch (13)great for brunch (9)notable wine list (8)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- One of the best in Baton Rouge.bestintownDined on 11/21/2014Food was great. Presentation was well dome. Served quickly. Suggested wine was an excellent match. The service was superb. Best I've experienced anywhere in the USA. If I could rate it 6 stars I would. I will be going back regularly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/201412 people at dinner and all I heard were good things about each entre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBrendaVIPDined on 11/5/2014Food was delicious and the atmosphere was fantastic.Special Features:
- Fantastic experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/4/2014Dined here for our 12th wedding anniversary. It was absolutely wonderful. I can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but miss the $1 martinismgp1981VIPDined on 11/4/2014I enjoyed my lunch and the service was pretty good, but I hate that they did away with the lunch $1 martinis. That was one of the reasons I chose le Creole over other places. I think this will affect how much I do lunch at Le Creole. The food was good and it has a lovely atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/24/2014The food was excellent as always! It was a very busy night and we had a new waitress. Two of us had our drink order taken and served before the other two at the table were addressed. It took an unusually long time to receive cocktails and be asked to order our meal. Ordering appetizers and dinner was very disorganized throughout the evening. Dessert orders took a long time to be taken and received. Obtaining the check at the end on the meal was another frustrating experience. The food is wonderful, but if the service doesn't keep up with the quality of the cuisine then it seems the establishment may suffer the consequences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ibmbDined on 10/19/2014Great food and service. Food is consistently greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Le CreoleAngelDined on 10/17/2014The food was excellent, the ambiance was great but, I had some problems with the service. We ordered an appetizer to share and when the waiter brought it to us he did not bring little plates to share the appetizer, we had to use the bread plates. I used a fork and the knife to eat the appetizer and the waiter failed to bring another knife for the entree, I had to ask for it. Finally, I believe that $11 for a "house" Pinot Grigio is too much, this is the first restaurant where I pay that much for the house wine, and I usually eat at good restaurants. If you have dinner but avoid getting wine and beer ($7), the restaurant prices are similar to other restaurants in the same category.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Management and FoodRolandDined on 10/9/2014This is the second time I have eaten here and both times the restaurant was basically empty. The soft shell crab was excellent, but the potatoes underneath were extremely salty to the point of almost uneatable. The wilted fresh spinach on top was goof, but I didn't get the point of putting micro greens on top of spinach. Aside from the food not being great (because the price sure is), there were more employes than patrons. Thinking this was because of an LSU home game (it was an away game), I found out it was not when I walked outside. Across the street is another restaurant and they're parking lot was full. I'm thinking that this restaurant is not being managed properly for evening service. That is based squarely on what I see and taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightmgp1981VIPDined on 9/26/2014The food was fantastic. I really enjoyed the new menu. I loved the potato gallette with the soft shell crab. The chef even made a dinner size portion of the shrimp creole for my husband off menu. It was amazing. We had the watermelon lemon drop drink special and it was amazing as well. Our waiter Grant was kind and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend him as a waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeDannyDined on 9/25/2014Great food, service and reataurant. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time there…DineconnoisseurVIPDined on 9/22/2014it was our first dining experience at Le Creole. The decor was nice but not stuffy, the food presentation was excellent. Service was top notch. Definitely will return there again.Special Features:
- Very niceFoodie21Dined on 9/21/2014Upper line casual but not overly dressed dressy during brunch hours at least. Service is outstanding. Recommendation by server sops the food itself! Loved my experience here. They even brought out what appeared to be an icebox cake covered in chocolate for my birthday! Would go again - brunch prices were excellent as well as quality of service.Special Features:
- Always enjoy itBuzzDined on 9/19/2014Consistently great food. The dinner rolls are the best, and unique. Great service. I highly recommend, and we are food snobs...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodKTALVIPDined on 8/24/2014Very nice dining experience and delicious food! The food is fresh and creative! Service is always great and the atmosphere is perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just ExcellentKarenVIPDined on 8/23/2014We have been to Le Creole several times, and the only word to describe them is... Excellent. They have some unusual and delicious menu items, even for a Cajun/Creole restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceBuddyDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I celebrated my birthday at Le Creole. What a treat it was. The food was great. The service was wonderful. The pianist was very good. Overall, a wonderful evening. Do note. Most menu items are seafood.Special Features:
- ReturningVIPDined on 8/22/2014Great place to meet and dine with old friends. The piano was a nice touch and the layout of the dining areas made you feel quite private. We all ordered seafood and everyone was delighted. Our waiter was attentive, accommodating and helpful. The whole flounder was beautiful. I had the grilled pompano and it was delicious. Loved the sautéed fresh vegetables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeRFandWLVIPDined on 8/9/2014Service was attentive (one exception: took too long to get the biscuits...smile) Menu selection was different but appreciated (loved the fried green tomatoes) Entrees were excellent...overall a good dining experience...will be back!!!Special Features:
- Romantic Dinnerspecialty2Dined on 8/9/2014My husband and I enjoyed a special evening, beginning with the greeter coming outside to welcome us and holding the door open for us. The hostess checked our Open Table reservation and seated us immediately at our booth. We were immediately greeted and served water, while our waiter introduced himself and offered something from the drink menu. We noticed the manager visiting with a table of guests and soon came over to greet us as well. Our waiter came back with our drinks, offered the specials of the evening and gave us recommendations from the menu. The food was excellent, service impeccable and coffee was delicious. I would definitely recommend Le Creole for anyone looking for a lovely evening and fabulous food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 271 reviews are from the Le Creole reviews archive.
- New Menu is Awesomemgp1981VIPDined on 7/28/2014I tried the new menu and the shrimp creole was out of this world. The lunch prices have gone up quite a bit but portions haven't. I think that is the only negative. I had a new waiter and he was not as good as my usuals. Also, I didn't see the manager interacting with the customers as in previous visits.Special Features:
- Excellent timemgp1981VIPDined on 7/22/2014Great food and atmosphere. The meat pie appetizer was wow! The special baked ziti made my tummy happy and only cost 9.99!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great First Tastejpmiller08Dined on 7/18/2014We tried Le Creole during Baton Rouge restaurant week and were highly satisfied. The waitstaff was extremely attentive and kept the meal moving nicely without making us ever feel rushed. Four our appetizers we had the apple-wood smoked tomato soup and the handmade meat pies and both were very good. We both ordered a steak and mashed potatoes for dinner and both were cooked to specification. Once again this was an apple-wood smoked item and the smoke flavor was at times overwhelming but that is more a personal taste and wasn't a food preparation issue. We ordered the bread pudding and flour less brownie sundae for dessert and both were good but nothing spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Dinner spotThebeavDined on 7/17/2014Great ambiance, a litter understaffed the evening we went but overall very good. I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikelDined on 7/17/2014Excellent service, food and atmosphere! Menu choices are varied and creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week serviceBobbyDined on 7/17/2014This was our first time visiting this restaurant and found the service to be very slow and inexperienced service staff. Food quality was average for a restaurant in this price range.Special Features:
- Dinner was deliciousLiseDined on 7/17/2014Went during BR Restaurant Week & the choices for 3 courses were delicious. Dessert of flourles chocolate sundae was shared by 4 & was yummy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014This is a hidden gem in Baton Rouge!!!! The food is phenomenal and the staff is amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousMadmcDined on 7/16/2014We ate in the bar area as we find it much quieter. We have been to Le Creole many times. We went for restaurant week and selected from the special menu. The selections were varied and delicious. The drinks were just right, the appetizers/entries and desserts were delicious and the service was very good. It is my understanding they will be revising their menu which we are excited to see and will returning to see what changes they will be adding. Not to insult those families with children but we do not go to dinner to be around tables with noisy children. We want to have a quiet environment in which we can enjoy our meal and have a nice conversation. We were definitely able to have both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/16/2014The only things that I ordered that was good was the appetizer and the dessert. My steak was a terrible cut of meat very stringy and touch. I found it very disappointing that our server Tyrone found it necessary at the end of the meal to tell us that gratuity is 20% and that he did not add that on to the bill. This offended me, as I always leave 20% gratuity for dinner and did not need to be told what to leave.Special Features:
- Great restaurantKatyMDined on 7/15/2014It was restaurant week and the specials were all wonderful, service was great. Really enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014Monday night, not many people....waited 45 minutes after placing order for appetizer. Mgr was nice and took off one of the plates. Food was fairly decent but nothing to rave about.Special Features:
- Le Creole is a gemsoutherndinerDined on 7/12/2014Food here has improved drastically over the past year and the improvement makes this one of the best restaurants in baton rouge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service and great foodfresh2def318Dined on 7/12/2014I took my wife to Left Creole for her birthday day and she loved it. The wait staff was great on top of the atmosphere and the food. Will defiantly be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet nite outFirstTimetoOregonDined on 7/12/2014My wife and I enjoyed the special attention and excellent food at Le Creole. It is an elegant place with a very friendly staff.Special Features:
- Excellentmgp1981VIPDined on 7/9/2014Grant was an awesome waiter. The manager was around talking to all tables. The food was fresh and outstanding. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TyroneBelleDined on 7/6/2014Tyrone is the best! He made sure everything was perfect. Service and food are amazing!Special Features:
- BoopVIPDined on 7/6/2014Great restaurant. Great food. Overall a very pleasant experience. We will most definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for special mealDatadiningDined on 7/5/2014We were welcomed warmly by the staff and shown directly to out table. We had to wait for the other couple and there was no pressure to order. Service was great, waiter was new, but had great personality and we had fun. Been here a lot and have enjoyed it every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Le CreoleLoveLouisianaDined on 6/28/2014I've enjoyed lunch and dinner here at least a dozen times, and every visit has been delicious and delightful. From the staff to the food everything continues to surpass my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.