18135 E. Petroleum Drive
Suites F & G
Baton Rouge, LA 70810Neighborhood:
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lecreolebr.com/
- Phone: 2257527135
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 8:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Creole / Cajun / Southern, Wild Game
- Executive Chef: Ryan Andre
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We partner with Catering Cajun to provide Louisiana's best offsite dining option.
- Private Party Facilities: New facility including access to bar/lounge area with a/v hook-ups.
- Private Party Contact: Clark T. Ellis 2257527135
- Entertainment: Baby Grand Piano.
A word from Le Creole
Welcome to Le Creole-Baton Rouge, where the Gulf of Mexico meets Old New Orleans.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Le Creole - Best Restaurants in Baton Rouge ›
Le Creole reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (51)romantic (39)fit for foodies (38)good for groups (23)great for lunch (21)neighborhood gem (21)notable wine list (17)great for brunch (15)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (1)Show More
- Dinner at Le CreoleAngelDined on 10/17/2014The food was excellent, the ambiance was great but, I had some problems with the service. We ordered an appetizer to share and when the waiter brought it to us he did not bring little plates to share the appetizer, we had to use the bread plates. I used a fork and the knife to eat the appetizer and the waiter failed to bring another knife for the entree, I had to ask for it. Finally, I believe that $11 for a "house" Pinot Grigio is too much, this is the first restaurant where I pay that much for the house wine, and I usually eat at good restaurants. If you have dinner but avoid getting wine and beer ($7), the restaurant prices are similar to other restaurants in the same category.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Management and FoodRolandDined on 10/9/2014This is the second time I have eaten here and both times the restaurant was basically empty. The soft shell crab was excellent, but the potatoes underneath were extremely salty to the point of almost uneatable. The wilted fresh spinach on top was goof, but I didn't get the point of putting micro greens on top of spinach. Aside from the food not being great (because the price sure is), there were more employes than patrons. Thinking this was because of an LSU home game (it was an away game), I found out it was not when I walked outside. Across the street is another restaurant and they're parking lot was full. I'm thinking that this restaurant is not being managed properly for evening service. That is based squarely on what I see and taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightmgp1981VIPDined on 9/26/2014The food was fantastic. I really enjoyed the new menu. I loved the potato gallette with the soft shell crab. The chef even made a dinner size portion of the shrimp creole for my husband off menu. It was amazing. We had the watermelon lemon drop drink special and it was amazing as well. Our waiter Grant was kind and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend him as a waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeDannyDined on 9/25/2014Great food, service and reataurant. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time there…DineconnoisseurVIPDined on 9/22/2014it was our first dining experience at Le Creole. The decor was nice but not stuffy, the food presentation was excellent. Service was top notch. Definitely will return there again.Special Features:
- Very niceFoodie21Dined on 9/21/2014Upper line casual but not overly dressed dressy during brunch hours at least. Service is outstanding. Recommendation by server sops the food itself! Loved my experience here. They even brought out what appeared to be an icebox cake covered in chocolate for my birthday! Would go again - brunch prices were excellent as well as quality of service.Special Features:
- Always enjoy itBuzzDined on 9/19/2014Consistently great food. The dinner rolls are the best, and unique. Great service. I highly recommend, and we are food snobs...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodKTALVIPDined on 8/24/2014Very nice dining experience and delicious food! The food is fresh and creative! Service is always great and the atmosphere is perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just ExcellentKarenVIPDined on 8/23/2014We have been to Le Creole several times, and the only word to describe them is... Excellent. They have some unusual and delicious menu items, even for a Cajun/Creole restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceBuddyDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I celebrated my birthday at Le Creole. What a treat it was. The food was great. The service was wonderful. The pianist was very good. Overall, a wonderful evening. Do note. Most menu items are seafood.Special Features:
- ReturningVIPDined on 8/22/2014Great place to meet and dine with old friends. The piano was a nice touch and the layout of the dining areas made you feel quite private. We all ordered seafood and everyone was delighted. Our waiter was attentive, accommodating and helpful. The whole flounder was beautiful. I had the grilled pompano and it was delicious. Loved the sautéed fresh vegetables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeRFandWLVIPDined on 8/9/2014Service was attentive (one exception: took too long to get the biscuits...smile) Menu selection was different but appreciated (loved the fried green tomatoes) Entrees were excellent...overall a good dining experience...will be back!!!Special Features:
- Romantic Dinnerspecialty2Dined on 8/9/2014My husband and I enjoyed a special evening, beginning with the greeter coming outside to welcome us and holding the door open for us. The hostess checked our Open Table reservation and seated us immediately at our booth. We were immediately greeted and served water, while our waiter introduced himself and offered something from the drink menu. We noticed the manager visiting with a table of guests and soon came over to greet us as well. Our waiter came back with our drinks, offered the specials of the evening and gave us recommendations from the menu. The food was excellent, service impeccable and coffee was delicious. I would definitely recommend Le Creole for anyone looking for a lovely evening and fabulous food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Menu is Awesomemgp1981VIPDined on 7/28/2014I tried the new menu and the shrimp creole was out of this world. The lunch prices have gone up quite a bit but portions haven't. I think that is the only negative. I had a new waiter and he was not as good as my usuals. Also, I didn't see the manager interacting with the customers as in previous visits.Special Features:
- Excellent timemgp1981VIPDined on 7/22/2014Great food and atmosphere. The meat pie appetizer was wow! The special baked ziti made my tummy happy and only cost 9.99!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great First Tastejpmiller08Dined on 7/18/2014We tried Le Creole during Baton Rouge restaurant week and were highly satisfied. The waitstaff was extremely attentive and kept the meal moving nicely without making us ever feel rushed. Four our appetizers we had the apple-wood smoked tomato soup and the handmade meat pies and both were very good. We both ordered a steak and mashed potatoes for dinner and both were cooked to specification. Once again this was an apple-wood smoked item and the smoke flavor was at times overwhelming but that is more a personal taste and wasn't a food preparation issue. We ordered the bread pudding and flour less brownie sundae for dessert and both were good but nothing spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Dinner spotThebeavDined on 7/17/2014Great ambiance, a litter understaffed the evening we went but overall very good. I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikelDined on 7/17/2014Excellent service, food and atmosphere! Menu choices are varied and creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week serviceBobbyDined on 7/17/2014This was our first time visiting this restaurant and found the service to be very slow and inexperienced service staff. Food quality was average for a restaurant in this price range.Special Features:
- Dinner was deliciousLiseDined on 7/17/2014Went during BR Restaurant Week & the choices for 3 courses were delicious. Dessert of flourles chocolate sundae was shared by 4 & was yummy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014This is a hidden gem in Baton Rouge!!!! The food is phenomenal and the staff is amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousMadmcDined on 7/16/2014We ate in the bar area as we find it much quieter. We have been to Le Creole many times. We went for restaurant week and selected from the special menu. The selections were varied and delicious. The drinks were just right, the appetizers/entries and desserts were delicious and the service was very good. It is my understanding they will be revising their menu which we are excited to see and will returning to see what changes they will be adding. Not to insult those families with children but we do not go to dinner to be around tables with noisy children. We want to have a quiet environment in which we can enjoy our meal and have a nice conversation. We were definitely able to have both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/16/2014The only things that I ordered that was good was the appetizer and the dessert. My steak was a terrible cut of meat very stringy and touch. I found it very disappointing that our server Tyrone found it necessary at the end of the meal to tell us that gratuity is 20% and that he did not add that on to the bill. This offended me, as I always leave 20% gratuity for dinner and did not need to be told what to leave.Special Features:
- Great restaurantKatyMDined on 7/15/2014It was restaurant week and the specials were all wonderful, service was great. Really enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014Monday night, not many people....waited 45 minutes after placing order for appetizer. Mgr was nice and took off one of the plates. Food was fairly decent but nothing to rave about.Special Features:
- Le Creole is a gemsoutherndinerDined on 7/12/2014Food here has improved drastically over the past year and the improvement makes this one of the best restaurants in baton rouge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service and great foodfresh2def318Dined on 7/12/2014I took my wife to Left Creole for her birthday day and she loved it. The wait staff was great on top of the atmosphere and the food. Will defiantly be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet nite outFirstTimetoOregonDined on 7/12/2014My wife and I enjoyed the special attention and excellent food at Le Creole. It is an elegant place with a very friendly staff.Special Features:
- Excellentmgp1981VIPDined on 7/9/2014Grant was an awesome waiter. The manager was around talking to all tables. The food was fresh and outstanding. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TyroneBelleDined on 7/6/2014Tyrone is the best! He made sure everything was perfect. Service and food are amazing!Special Features:
- BoopVIPDined on 7/6/2014Great restaurant. Great food. Overall a very pleasant experience. We will most definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for special mealDatadiningDined on 7/5/2014We were welcomed warmly by the staff and shown directly to out table. We had to wait for the other couple and there was no pressure to order. Service was great, waiter was new, but had great personality and we had fun. Been here a lot and have enjoyed it every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Le CreoleLoveLouisianaDined on 6/28/2014I've enjoyed lunch and dinner here at least a dozen times, and every visit has been delicious and delightful. From the staff to the food everything continues to surpass my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Atmosphere and Service!lswilkerson2002Dined on 6/28/2014Went to Le Creole for a celebratory dinner for several family members who had recent major career promotions. We were joyfully greeted immediately as we came in and were seated within a minute or two of our arrival. Michael, our server, did a great job, as he had been called in from a sister restaurant and admittedly not totally familiar with the menu/food, chefs and service computer, but he worked his tail off! The food was excellent, and I was able to find something to stay within my dietary needs. I would come back again, for sure. Would l love to try the brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le CreoleKaysywaysyDined on 6/24/2014My husband and I recently celebrated our anniversary at Le Creole. Everyone, from the hostess to the waiter to the bus boys, made us feel special. We were especially happy to see that Tommy Mansour is now employed there...he is definitely an asset to any business! Our meal was superb and we were surprised by a delicious complimentary dessert for our special day. The entire evening was delightful and we will certainly return, as well as recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 248 reviews are from the Le Creole reviews archive.
- Amazing service!DateNightFoodieDined on 6/22/2014Went here for my husbands 25th birthday for brunch and it was an awesome experience! Service was wonderful, our server greeted my husband and shook his hand to wish him happy birthday. They brought out an awesome piece of cake with a candle. We had bottomless mimosas, the crap cake appetizer, the filet and eggs, and the chicken and waffles! Everything was great! Can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five StarsSODmomDined on 6/21/2014It has been a very long time since I went to a restaurant and gotten the quality food and service as at Le Creole. There are many dishes that you won't find elsewhere in the area, and the service leaves you wanting for nothing. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good FoodLUV4eatsDined on 6/15/2014We had a enjoyable meal and the service was very good and the staff made sure every was just rightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Overall disappointing. Went there for Father's Day. It was very crowded. Waiter kept saying the kitchen was backed up. The steak was not cooked properly and had to be sent back.Special Features:
- Wonderful treatLuvyummyDined on 6/15/2014I took my husband to Le Creole for Father's Day. We had a delightful time.....the food was very good, the noise level was good and the piano was a nice touch but I must say that the service made our day. Our waiter was attentive and professional without being overbearing and had a charming personality. We will certainly ask for him for future visits. We always enjoy Le Creole's menu and chef. Everyone there is doing a great job.Special Features: