251 Grand Street
Williamsburg, NY 11211Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://lecomptoirny.com/
- Phone: 7184863300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: Sebastien Chamaret
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Menu available for all occasions and budgets.
A word from Le Comptoir
Market driven menu, evolving with the seasons, emphasizing local products. From the dining room to the garden, the lounge to the bar, there is always an atmosphere to suit your occasion. Cocktail list is also seasonal and complete with a thoughtfully curated wine list including an extensive selection of rosé wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Le Comptoir reviews from OpenTable diners
- Au Revoir, Le ComptoirMarkerDined on 6/22/2013We caught Le Comptoir on their last night serving dinner before closing. The food was excellent. The service was friendly and entertaining, if a little distracted. We were a little puzzled before we found out they were closing. The wine list was a little sparse, and there were a number of substitutions on the menu. The napkins were paper towels. But the food... The carrot soup with lump crab meat was out of this world. The Le Comptoir salad was also very good. The short ribs with risotto was very tasty, as we're the scallops. The seared tuna over hummus was a hit. We hope they re-open in a new space soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very attentive, family-like staffJoeFraDined on 5/12/2013Very attentive staff members. The food was tasty and creative. The cocktail specials are incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was SLAMMIN ! HadOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/26/2013The food was SLAMMIN ! Had the Short Ribs with Risotto it was out of control amazing !! #yumSpecial Features:
- Delicious food with cozy ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/13/2013Charming restaurant with cozy atmosphere. Good cocktails with good tunes playing in the background. The beet salad and roasted brussel sprouts were tasty appetizers; the braised short ribs on risotto was rich but good and so was the gnocci with crab. Looking forward to going back soon!
- its time to change the menu, its beOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/6/2013its time to change the menu, its been the same for a long time...
- Worth the Schlep from Manhattan!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/6/2013Terrific, country French food, served in warm, relaxing, neighborhoody ambiance. I came with picky (but loveable) Upper West Side foodie, and i am a very picky, snooty and visiting from L.A. That they pleased us in every way is saying something. Hard to believe this place isnt even more popular than it is.Special Features:
- Consistently excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/5/2013My wife and I make it here two or three times a month. The food is always spot on, and their cocktails are fantastic. We tend to stick with the same menu items, but we don't tire of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was completely outOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/5/2013The food was completely out of this world. So delicious and original. Only criticism would be the range of wines was pretty small. But we want to go back to try everything on the menu - and we don't even live in Brooklyn (and rarely have such a reaction to any restaurant).Special Features:
- Love this little counterOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/31/2013Been here two times already, each time their foods hold up consistently. Food is not pricey at all, and best thing is that all of them taste great from this little "counter." However, beware to arrive early given it's lack of parking space around this neighborhood. I will definitely return in the future.Special Features:
- Poor service. Just don't goOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/30/2013Poor service. Just don't go there. We had a late diner reservation because we were a large group (6). The only time the manager said something was to wait 5 min for our table knowing he had a full restaurant and the wait will be longer. At the end he made us wait 35+ minutes. They never apologize or had an amicable gesture. We asked about it and they response was rude. At the end the check had a 20% gratuity included and was when they let us know they did not accept other payment form other than amex or cash.
- Everyone we encountered wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/3/2013Everyone we encountered was great. We were late for our reservation but they were very accommodating and let us continue to have drinks after the bar. Definitely would go back!Special Features:
- The host made us wait severalnomnomflowerDined on 2/17/2013The host made us wait several minutes while speaking on the phone before he attended to us. Mind you, this was a little after 11am, when they open, so it wasn't even busy. I had the brunch prix-fixe with unlimited drinks, but had to wait 45 minutes to start drinking (sat down around 11:15) because of the antiquated NYC law that doesn't allow the sale of alcohol before noon on Sunday. Not the restaurant's fault. However, the drinking experience was not good in general. My coffee had grinds in it, so I had to ask for another cup. When I finally did drink, the mimosas were really watered down. The good French/American fusion food made up for the otherwise sub-par experience.Special Features:
- Food was very good. LovedIanMDined on 2/14/2013Food was very good. Loved the escargot with puff pastry. However, the waitress forgot to put in our order initially and began clearing our plates and asking if we wanted to see desserts prior to bringing our entrees. Service was, in general, very slow. We had a reservation at 9:00PM and arrived slightly early. We did not finish with dinner until after 11:00PM.Special Features:
- Highly Recommend!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/15/2013Amazing food! Everything about this place is awesome. The foie gras creme brûlée was one of the best dishes i've ever eaten, as well as the braised lamb on risotto! I highly recommend this restaurant, it is perfect for dates, or just a night out of great food!Special Features:
- Le Comptoir was a perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2012Le Comptoir was a perfect choice for Christmas Eve dinner. They offered a full menu that evening, and everything that we ordered was sublime - particularly the fois gras terrine and the short rib risotto (SO GOOD). Our server was thorough and warm, and we couldn't have been happier with our meal. Thank you so much!Special Features:
- Awesome all around. My friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/23/2012Awesome all around. My friends and I go back for their unlimited Rosini every weekendSpecial Features:
- Great Brunch With My GirlfriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/23/2012A more perfect brunch with 8 of my closest girlfriends I couldn't have had anywhere else. I had very specific instructions for a holiday/post wedding brunch with my girlfriends: 1) Be in Brooklyn, 2) be tasty, 3) MUST HAVE ALCOHOL - (a number of my group are new mothers that were looking a day away from pumping and diaper changing). After a search for the best boozy brunches in NYC this restaurant came up on several lists. Upon arriving (a little late) a few of my guest were already there and were already being served Bellinis at the bar - Big PLUS. After apologizing for my tardiness the hostess assured me it was totally fine. They had a table set up for us already but as I had gift bags I was glad that everyone was seated already. ThSpecial Features:
- Great little place. Food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/21/2012Great little place. Food was very good and service was attentive but not intrusive. //////a great value you as well. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Alittle disappointed. SupposedOpenTable Diner Since 1999VIPDined on 11/25/2012Alittle disappointed. Supposed to be French menu, but only vaguely so, and quite limited. Ambience only fair, maybe better in summer, if outside seating available. Restaurant not very busy on a Sunday night, so experience may not be typical. Would not go out of my way to go again.Special Features:
- Excellent French restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/20/2012Food was excellent, with good choices. I had the duck breast which was wonderfully flavorful and big enough I couldn't finish it. My daughter had the gnocchi and loved it. We had sautéed artichokes for an appetizer and that was great too. We had a charddonay from the lower end of the price range and it was delicious. Service was lovely and the place has a pleasant ambience. We'll do doubt go back. My wife owns a restaurant whose chef was chosen (ala james beard awards) best chef in the Midwest and I know she'd be happy here.Special Features:
- A Williamsburg GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/28/2012Le Comptoir is a gem. It features creative foods (eg. Foi gras Creme Brulee)and very fine versions of favorites. Everyone will find a dish that they will love. The service is as good as it gets. When we have friens from out of town and we want to impress them, we take them to Le Comptoir. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- very reasonable prices andJzupsDined on 9/14/2012very reasonable prices and very delicious. not huge portions. will definately be back.Special Features:
- Loved the small bites. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/7/2012Loved the small bites. The scallops and the baked gnocci are most notable. The staff was very pleasant and welcoming. The seating was great, like the open kitchen, gives it a lively feel. I would go back for the food alone.Special Features:
- Not worth to travel there...JGirlVIPDined on 9/7/2012I was very disappointed with Le Comptoir, and don’t understand why this restaurant is so highly rated. We drove from Manhattan, because it was highly rated by multiple review sites, but it didn’t worth for the trip.Special Features:
- Not so pleasantBrooklynDinerVIPDined on 8/6/2012While I was initially pleased with Le Comptoir, the experience deteriorated. I sat in the garden and was bombarded by the relatively un pleasant smells from the barbecue that was the special of the evening. Also, the portion of the entree (tuna) was very small -- about the size but not the price of an appetizer. The garden became qujite noisy as it filled up and the service slowed down considerably. It took me as long to get my bill as it did to get my food. They have a way to go.
- Barbecue Brooklyn StyleOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/6/2012Le Comptoir is a must for its Monday night all-you-can-eat barbecue. There are delicious marinated tomatoes, cucumber salad and potato salad to accompany the grilled offerings of chicken, sausages and ribs -- all very well seasoned. If you go on a low-humid, balmy summer evening, it is really a treat to sit in the charming back patio. The service was very attentive and sweet.Special Features:
- The staff was extremely patientJaciDined on 7/29/2012The staff was extremely patient and accommodating for our very large party. We never went without coffee or brunch cocktails, which was a plus for our thirsty group. Food was served promptly and was really delicious. Everyone was thrilled with the experience!Special Features:
- Great food served in charmingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2012Great food served in charming and relaxing settings in vibrant Williamsburg. Service is top notch and friendly and the genuine French twist gives this restaurant an edge.Special Features:
- The dining experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/30/2012The dining experience was perfect except for the lack of air conditioning. This restaurant is a gem in all ways - great food for a reasonable price. The wait staff is congenial & work together well. Suggestions for both food & drink were spot on. Loved it!! The bar also feels welcoming and fun. I am a repeat patron and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Food was good, servers wereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/24/2012Food was good, servers were attentive. Really liked Oskar--he was friendly and considerate. Would return for brunch one day.Special Features:
- Overcooked asparagus, RoseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/20/2012Overcooked asparagus, Rose with ice cubes, salmon in some kind of soup and mediocre steak
- Incredibly rude serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 6/17/2012I have never written a review in my life, but I have NEVER been treated so poorly as I was when I went to brunch last week. After waiting approximately 15 minutes just to flag down our waiter for water, and then him bringing a drink we did not order, we proceeded to wait an additional 45 minutes or so without him coming back at all or food coming. When we asked him how long it would be before our food would come, he simply said "I don't know" and walked away. It wasn't until after we called him back and another waitress spoke to him did he then ask us for our order because apparently it was never put in. No apologies. He wouldn't have even checked if we hadn't pushed. I have never walked out of a place, but I did. DON'T GO.
- Terribly disappointing forOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/17/2012Terribly disappointing for a place that was so highly rated on the Zagat Guide. The food was mediocre at best, and the service was just terrible. We had to repeatedly ask our waiter just to get water, which took about 30 minutes, he was inattentive, and did not bring us things that we asked for such as coffee, creamer, refills on drinks, etc. Overall a poor experience. I am not sure if I would even give it a second try.
- A bit disappointing with 28123abcVIPDined on 6/16/2012A bit disappointing with 28 from Zagat! A nice meal but maybe not worth the trek from Long Island?Special Features:
- I love this place! I go everyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/10/2012I love this place! I go every chance I get for brunch. I've never been for any other meal but if dinner is as good as brunch then I'm sold!Special Features:
- Had to check out why the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/9/2012Had to check out why the price for a highly food rated restaurant was inexpensive? Had the 4 courses chef's choice. Started with Asparagus with Prosciutto and Blue Cheese/Sauce. Surprisingly good. Next came the Tuna Tartare. This was delicious and tasty. Had a little crunchiness that enhanced the overall taste and texture. Next was the Scallops. Yummy! Last, but not least, the dessert was something like vanilla bean pudding (not quite, but better) with blueberry and sauce on top. Again, it was delicious. Therefore, this restaurant is worth checking out!Special Features:
- We liked this quaint littleLovefoodVIPDined on 6/1/2012We liked this quaint little gem of a restaurant. The food was delicious! Well worth visiting!Special Features:
- The carrot and garlic soupColetteDined on 5/31/2012The carrot and garlic soup was outstanding, and the rest of our meals were very good. Eat outdoors if the weather permits; it's very pleasant.Special Features:
- Yummy french cuisine in BillyburgbamboogieDined on 5/25/2012I really like the food here. I had a chicken dish that was well seasoned, moist and delicious. I really don't like their signature cocktail, the pear flavor is a little overpowering, but it will definitely give you a buzz. Overall service was polite and efficient. The ability to eat outdoors in the back was nice also. I would definitely go again and recommend to a friend.Special Features:
- Not even a good neighbourhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2012Not even a good neighbourhood bistro.... Badly executed food. Just can't cook. Wines v disappointing