Le Club Chasse et Peche
Montreal, QC H2Y 3B6Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: CAN$51 and over
Le Club Chasse et Peche
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://leclubchasseetpeche.com/
- Phone: 5148611112
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Full Bar
A word from Le Club Chasse et Peche
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Le Club Chasse et Peche - Best Restaurants in Old Montreal ›
Le Club Chasse et Peche reviews from OpenTable diners
140 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (113)fit for foodies (109)notable wine list (89)romantic (86)neighborhood gem (30)hot spot (23)good for groups (13)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Always excellent!MadisonDined on 10/18/2014High standard of food and service. One of the best in Montreal!Special Features:
- A "Must Do" ExperienceSOCandKOCDined on 10/11/2014Le Club Chasse et Peche was one of the most wonderful dining experience we've ever had. The food was superb and perfectly prepared with a stylistic presentation, service was excellent and overall dining experience a 10 out of 10. The wine list was extensive and impressive. The atmosphere was comfortable and romantic, perfect for a special occasion. You must make a reservation in advance, otherwise, it will be impossible to get in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Da BombTorontoFoodie101Dined on 10/10/2014Le Club Chasse et Peche delivered a great meal. Appetizers, mains and dessert were all creative, top quality and absolutely delicious. Save room for dessert - the Bomb was the best I've had in a while. Wines suggested for pairing were all great too. Service was excellent throughout the night. Busy enough to have high energy but not loud - perfect for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExtraordinaryPtownmanDined on 10/9/2014The food and service here are outstanding. Everything was delicious and our waiter was clearly a well seasoned professional aided by a young staff that was equally good. Everything was delicious and served at a nice pace. The restaurant is below ground so the dining rooms are fairly dark with low ceilings. We were seated in the bar dining room which was still quiet and pleasant although I would request another dining room on my next visit. Will surely be back next time I visit Montreal.Special Features:
- Special anniversary dinnerHankDined on 10/8/2014Delightful once you get there. Between the road works and a cinema shoot session in the neighbourhood, getting there and parking was not easy. Service was friendly and ambiance quite noisy with several business gatherings. Would return for a very special occasion. Wine list was extremely expensive and affordable wine for those not on an expense account was hard to find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMG! Amazing!TanyaVIPDined on 10/4/2014I went to this restaurant last Saturday. It was so delicious! We both had the specials on the menu. He had surf and turf and I had lobster cakes (like crab cakes). The portions were very good as I didn't get an app and I was full afterwards (but I don't eat a lot to begin with). Everything from my husbands apps to dessert ... oMg, the dessert ... was incredible! I'm from Toronto and I would go back to Montreal just to eat here again. Can't say enough great things about this place.Special Features:
- sanjuanDined on 10/3/2014A wonderful experience with outstanding food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Value for money.rynieDined on 10/2/2014The food was fantastic with great attention to detail. My waiter had great knowledge of the menu item which is rarely seen in most restaurants these days. Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2014Location in Old Montreal was perfect. The service was top notch. But the show stopper was the food. It was out of this world fantastic. The piglet risotto with foie gras shavings was the best I've ever tasted! And the surf and turf......i wanted to lick the plate it was so good. The downside....it's pricey but worth every penny.Special Features:
- AmazingFOODLOVERVIPDined on 9/27/2014Food and service were everything we were promised by previous reviews. Seated promptly. Service was outstanding. Very small menu but good, solid choices and execution. Must have the scallops and lobster ravioli. Servers were friendly and efficient. Innovative presentation and use of sauces. We will be back...Special Features:
- Memorable meal!torontofoodieDined on 9/26/2014We just visited Le Club Chasse et Peche on Friday night. The service, food and atmosphere were outstanding. We were celebrating a special birthday and couldn't think of a better spot to celebrate. Thank you!Special Features:
- Great Food As AlwaysryanDined on 9/26/2014The food was SPECTACULAR as always (about my 8th or 9th time here) as was the service. The waitress was helpful with the wine list, and the portions were perfect. In a rare event the electricity went out at the end of the night due to what I believe was an accident down the road, but as we had already finished everything except for our bottle of wine, it didn't really take away from the experience. In fact, the staff was very nice and helpful seeing us around the dark restaurant and it made for a entertaining end to the evening. I would highly recommend C&P to anyone. Great for a special occasion, or if you're just in the mood for some of the best food the city has to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was impeccable, cuisine & staff!TopKatDined on 9/25/2014Impeccable your staff's warmth & professionalism almost exceeds the cuisine !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A terrific restaurantLucyAtableDined on 9/23/2014My husband and I were in Montreal for the week and were very fortunate to learn about the place on TripAdvisor. The meal was superb, as was the service. My husband had the foie gras and said it was marvelous. I had the hamachi and was subtle and perfect. We both had the Arctic char and it redefined the dish. Mt MY husband had a terrific maple bombe with berry sauce and chocolate shavings - terrific. All in it was a memorable evening!!!Special Features:
- luxury experiencefishfaceVIPDined on 9/23/2014great food, not the typical menu, with service attentive without being overbearing, a special placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, super friendly staffopamusician81Dined on 9/20/2014We totally lover this cozy place, where food is taken to supreme level of art! Very romantic place and the server we had was so amazingly warm-hearted and just so helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the partridge and stay a whileAmberVIPDined on 9/20/2014Love the vibe – effortlessly intimate and sexy with enough space between tables so that you feel a part of the restaurant while still maintaining your privacy. Our waiter was excellent and we enjoyed our meal. Desserts were a little lackluster, but the stuffed partridge – a special for the evening – was flavorful with perfectly crisped skin, very representative of the "Chasse" part of the restaurant. I loved their salad too – beautiful greens simply dressed with candied pecans and fresh figs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectBrooklynDined on 9/18/2014A kind welcome, prompt seating, respectful but not overbearing service, and of course - over-the-top food was topped off by a very sweet, surprise after-dinner drink to help us celebrate our engagement. A great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentPillullaDined on 9/16/2014I love this restaurant. It's the perfect place for a nice dinner in an special occasion. Every year I come back for my birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellente cuisine - bruyantbeaupreaDined on 9/13/2014Ce restaurant demeure année après année un choix incontournable pour la qualité des plats que l'on y sert. Le risotto est l'un des meilleurs que j'ai mangé, où que ce soit. L'assiette chasse et pêche mérite le détour. La carte des vins est impeccable. Le service est agréable, sympathique et attentionné, sans excès. Le restaurant se situe légèrement en dessous du rez de chaussé et la luminosité s'en ressent puisqu'il n'y a pas de grandes fenêtres donnant sur l'extérieur. L'éclairage vient compenser le tout. Le seul reproche demeure le niveau sonore élevé que je note à chaque visite. Il y a souvent des groupes dans ce restaurant et les voix augmentent graduellement à mesure que les vins sont dégustés et que la soirée avance.Special Features:
- Food was amazingMaryDined on 9/12/2014Expensive but food is perfect! I appreciated in particular the dish "chasse et peche". Appetizers are marvelous too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Malgré tout déçu!JeanClaudeVIPDined on 9/11/2014Pourquoi déçu? Au club chasse et pèche, Nous nous attendions à un menu plus "sauvage" comme truite de rivière et non du flétan ou du sanglier sauvage plutôt que du porc. L'entrée de pétoncle était minimaliste (2 pétoncles de taille moyenne pour 18$ avant taxes et service). Cependant, la qualité des produits, leur cuisson et présentation étaient irréprochable. Le service était sympathique tout en demeurant très professionnel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WayneWayneDined on 9/3/2014Waiter was attentive and fully explained every item on the menu and was bang on when asked for suggestions or best of two choices. I had the seared Foie Gras as a started followed with Chasse et Peche (veal and lobster tail). Waiter did wine pairing by the glass and his choices fit the meal. My wife had the salad and Ocean Delivery (this night is was Halibut Murniere) both were excellent. We shared the Maple dessert. We will be back and have recommend it to colleagues already.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PierreVIPDined on 9/3/2014Haven't been there in a long time, forgot how good it is. Not too heavy contrary to what I recalled, wonderful presentation and taste. Limited choice of wine below $100 a bottle, could do better in that aspect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly Recommend Chasse & PecheUnhappyDined on 9/2/2014Amazing food & service. I truly enjoyed this meal from beginning to end and the service was flawless. This restaurant is very pricey, but definitely worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleBenHudDined on 8/26/2014One of the best dining experience of my life! The braised porc risotto appetizer covered in fois gras shavings is to die for. The service was awesome, the experience was definitely worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014The food was excellent and the dining room was unpretentious. My only complaint was that the next table was a bit too loud. The server who recited the entire menu with a detailed explanation for each item was outstanding. My husband and I were very happy we came.Special Features:
- superb...fooddocDined on 8/23/2014A brilliant restaurant. Took our three kids and were made exceptionally welcome. The food was outstanding and having come from Sydney, Australia where brilliant food surrounds, we were taken aback by the excellent cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- L'un des meilleurs restos en ville!ymalgeDined on 8/22/2014Service et expérience gastronomique extraordinaire...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around wonderful dinnerDancinJDined on 8/22/2014My friend and I arrived late for our reservation at Le Club Chasse et Peche ( Montreal traffic) so I thought perhaps we would be a bit hurried with our meal. Not so! The service was attentive, yet as leisurely as we needed it to be to appreciate the marvels of the menu. Our waiter took time to describe each menu item and helped us choose a lovely red to accompany the meal. My meal, from the chantelle mushroom tart to the maple strata and coffee, was superb. The atmosphere has the feel of a private grotto or wine cellar, very dark and cozy but not at all stuffy or confining. I will certainly return to this restaurant next time I am in Montreal.Special Features:
- Very impressiveJAMSDined on 8/21/2014We were entertaining a guest from Italy who is an extraordinary cook and were intimidated at having to select a restaurant for an evening out. We opted to try the much-hyped Club Chasse et Peche to introduce our guest a different style of cuisine. We really hit the bullseye with this one! The foie gras was outstanding, the scallops and oysters were excellent. We ordered the house surf & turf and were very pleased. The veal was a little under-seasoned but very tender and the lobster was cooked to perfection. The service was friendly yet discreet, our plates with served and cleared with minimum fuss and our wine glass was always filled. We would highly recommend this restaurant to foodies, although close your eyes when they deliver the bill!Special Features:
- Fantastic for a special occasion!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014I took my fiance here for our special anniversary and I was pleasantly surprised! The food was different then the type of dinners we would have at other restaurants, it was infused with several different flavors and textures. The desert was an excellent touch which went perfect with a cup of coffee. Our waiter was polite as could be, explained everything, patient and was within earshot anytime we needed anything. Worth every penny when it mattered most.Special Features:
- Good dining experienceFinedinerDined on 8/16/2014This restaurant offers good food, an interesting menu and a very extensive wine list. It is among the better restaurants in Montreal with a good reputation for consistency in food and service. I would not qualify it as an gastronomical experience, but if you want a good meal this is a judicious choice. The restaurant décor is dark with low ceilings, feels a little claustrophobic. For many this will be a ``great experience``. However, if one has experienced fine dining, this is uninspired.Special Features:
- Top Montreal RestaurantThought4foodDined on 8/14/2014While Montreal is a great restaurant city generally, Le Club Chasse et Peche manages to be in the front ranks with the best of the best. Wonderful creative cuisine in a comfortable setting in Old Montreal.Special Features:
- Top notch restaurantDustyDined on 8/9/2014Absolutely fantastic restaurant. The food is INCREDIBLE. Huge wine list. The servers are complete professionals. Great ambience. Just a wonderful place. The only negative thing I could say is it is very expensive. But it's worth it for special occasions. If it was a BYO, I'd eat there as often as I could. Prob my favorite restaurant EVER.Special Features:
- excellent atmospheretwo4dinnerDined on 8/9/2014Excellent in all regards and an especially wonderful atmosphere. I am not qualified to rate the food since my palate is unsophisticated, but my wife, a former food critic with her own column, rated you at the highest level. The reservation process with its e-confirmation was well handled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a good placenoneDined on 8/8/2014The food was masterful, the scene was pleasant and the service was great. If you can afford it, you should try it.Special Features:
- Simply one of my top 10 meals ever.RidlerGirl67VIPDined on 8/5/2014I try hard not to overstate when reviewing but I cannot say enough about our experience and meal here. The food was rich, elegant, sophisticated and complex yet we didn't have a stuffy or pretentious experience which made the evening so enjoyable. Service was attentive and frankly really friendly. The space is rather small and dark - suiting its history - intimate is the best word but it can be loud. I would go out of my way to return without question. Pricy, yes. Worth it, without a doubt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beat my high expectationsJoesWineDined on 8/5/2014with all of my friends raving about this place I was worried it would disappoint, especially given the price point, but it was spectacular. It is expensive, but if you have a special occasion it can't be beat. The food was perfect, and the I want to especially shout out the service - my wife doesn't like to complain, but her steak was a bit rarer than she prefers (her mistake, she admits) - they made her feel really good and took care of it right away (they have some quick broiler, which didn't ruin it at all). I also want to shout out the waiter for his wine recommendation - I would never order such a young Barolo, but he insisted that this house made a more approachable style - it went perfectly with the dinner. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightMTLmenashDined on 8/1/2014The understated welcome is quickly transformed into rooms with perfect lighting and ultra comfy seating. The service was excellent - our perfectly bilingual server ran down the entire menu for us. The highlights of the menu are the surprises: an ultra-fresh sashimi fluke starter that my wife ordered, then unveiling of the "chasse et peche" item in the menu: veal tenderloin with lobster, yummy; "chair et costaud" turned out to be a delectable Kobe steak with mushroom sauce... The wine list was huge! Although no rosé. At dessert we also found out that there is no regular filtered coffee, so I was offered a long Americano which did the job just fine. A Montreal treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.