Le Club Chasse et Peche
Montreal, QC H2Y 3B6Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: CAN$51 and over
Le Club Chasse et Peche
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://leclubchasseetpeche.com/
- Phone: 5148611112
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Full Bar
A word from Le Club Chasse et Peche
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Le Club Chasse et Peche - Best Restaurants in Old Montreal ›
Le Club Chasse et Peche reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (113)fit for foodies (106)romantic (89)notable wine list (86)neighborhood gem (27)hot spot (24)good for groups (18)late-night find (6)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/18/2014A kind welcome, prompt seating, respectful but not overbearing service, and of course - over-the-top food was topped off by a very sweet, surprise after-dinner drink to help us celebrate our engagement. A great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentPillullaDined on 9/16/2014I love this restaurant. It's the perfect place for a nice dinner in an special occasion. Every year I come back for my birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was amazingMaryDined on 9/12/2014Expensive but food is perfect! I appreciated in particular the dish "chasse et peche". Appetizers are marvelous too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Malgré tout déçu!JeanClaudeVIPDined on 9/11/2014Pourquoi déçu? Au club chasse et pèche, Nous nous attendions à un menu plus "sauvage" comme truite de rivière et non du flétan ou du sanglier sauvage plutôt que du porc. L'entrée de pétoncle était minimaliste (2 pétoncles de taille moyenne pour 18$ avant taxes et service). Cependant, la qualité des produits, leur cuisson et présentation étaient irréprochable. Le service était sympathique tout en demeurant très professionnel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WayneWayneDined on 9/3/2014Waiter was attentive and fully explained every item on the menu and was bang on when asked for suggestions or best of two choices. I had the seared Foie Gras as a started followed with Chasse et Peche (veal and lobster tail). Waiter did wine pairing by the glass and his choices fit the meal. My wife had the salad and Ocean Delivery (this night is was Halibut Murniere) both were excellent. We shared the Maple dessert. We will be back and have recommend it to colleagues already.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PierreVIPDined on 9/3/2014Haven't been there in a long time, forgot how good it is. Not too heavy contrary to what I recalled, wonderful presentation and taste. Limited choice of wine below $100 a bottle, could do better in that aspect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly Recommend Chasse & PecheUnhappyDined on 9/2/2014Amazing food & service. I truly enjoyed this meal from beginning to end and the service was flawless. This restaurant is very pricey, but definitely worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleBenHudDined on 8/26/2014One of the best dining experience of my life! The braised porc risotto appetizer covered in fois gras shavings is to die for. The service was awesome, the experience was definitely worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014The food was excellent and the dining room was unpretentious. My only complaint was that the next table was a bit too loud. The server who recited the entire menu with a detailed explanation for each item was outstanding. My husband and I were very happy we came.Special Features:
- superb...fooddocDined on 8/23/2014A brilliant restaurant. Took our three kids and were made exceptionally welcome. The food was outstanding and having come from Sydney, Australia where brilliant food surrounds, we were taken aback by the excellent cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- L'un des meilleurs restos en ville!ymalgeDined on 8/22/2014Service et expérience gastronomique extraordinaire...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around wonderful dinnerDancinJDined on 8/22/2014My friend and I arrived late for our reservation at Le Club Chasse et Peche ( Montreal traffic) so I thought perhaps we would be a bit hurried with our meal. Not so! The service was attentive, yet as leisurely as we needed it to be to appreciate the marvels of the menu. Our waiter took time to describe each menu item and helped us choose a lovely red to accompany the meal. My meal, from the chantelle mushroom tart to the maple strata and coffee, was superb. The atmosphere has the feel of a private grotto or wine cellar, very dark and cozy but not at all stuffy or confining. I will certainly return to this restaurant next time I am in Montreal.Special Features:
- Very impressiveJAMSDined on 8/21/2014We were entertaining a guest from Italy who is an extraordinary cook and were intimidated at having to select a restaurant for an evening out. We opted to try the much-hyped Club Chasse et Peche to introduce our guest a different style of cuisine. We really hit the bullseye with this one! The foie gras was outstanding, the scallops and oysters were excellent. We ordered the house surf & turf and were very pleased. The veal was a little under-seasoned but very tender and the lobster was cooked to perfection. The service was friendly yet discreet, our plates with served and cleared with minimum fuss and our wine glass was always filled. We would highly recommend this restaurant to foodies, although close your eyes when they deliver the bill!Special Features:
- Fantastic for a special occasion!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014I took my fiance here for our special anniversary and I was pleasantly surprised! The food was different then the type of dinners we would have at other restaurants, it was infused with several different flavors and textures. The desert was an excellent touch which went perfect with a cup of coffee. Our waiter was polite as could be, explained everything, patient and was within earshot anytime we needed anything. Worth every penny when it mattered most.Special Features:
- Good dining experienceFinedinerDined on 8/16/2014This restaurant offers good food, an interesting menu and a very extensive wine list. It is among the better restaurants in Montreal with a good reputation for consistency in food and service. I would not qualify it as an gastronomical experience, but if you want a good meal this is a judicious choice. The restaurant décor is dark with low ceilings, feels a little claustrophobic. For many this will be a ``great experience``. However, if one has experienced fine dining, this is uninspired.Special Features:
- Top Montreal RestaurantThought4foodDined on 8/14/2014While Montreal is a great restaurant city generally, Le Club Chasse et Peche manages to be in the front ranks with the best of the best. Wonderful creative cuisine in a comfortable setting in Old Montreal.Special Features:
- Top notch restaurantDustyDined on 8/9/2014Absolutely fantastic restaurant. The food is INCREDIBLE. Huge wine list. The servers are complete professionals. Great ambience. Just a wonderful place. The only negative thing I could say is it is very expensive. But it's worth it for special occasions. If it was a BYO, I'd eat there as often as I could. Prob my favorite restaurant EVER.Special Features:
- excellent atmospheretwo4dinnerDined on 8/9/2014Excellent in all regards and an especially wonderful atmosphere. I am not qualified to rate the food since my palate is unsophisticated, but my wife, a former food critic with her own column, rated you at the highest level. The reservation process with its e-confirmation was well handled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a good placenoneDined on 8/8/2014The food was masterful, the scene was pleasant and the service was great. If you can afford it, you should try it.Special Features:
- Simply one of my top 10 meals ever.RidlerGirl67VIPDined on 8/5/2014I try hard not to overstate when reviewing but I cannot say enough about our experience and meal here. The food was rich, elegant, sophisticated and complex yet we didn't have a stuffy or pretentious experience which made the evening so enjoyable. Service was attentive and frankly really friendly. The space is rather small and dark - suiting its history - intimate is the best word but it can be loud. I would go out of my way to return without question. Pricy, yes. Worth it, without a doubt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beat my high expectationsJoesWineDined on 8/5/2014with all of my friends raving about this place I was worried it would disappoint, especially given the price point, but it was spectacular. It is expensive, but if you have a special occasion it can't be beat. The food was perfect, and the I want to especially shout out the service - my wife doesn't like to complain, but her steak was a bit rarer than she prefers (her mistake, she admits) - they made her feel really good and took care of it right away (they have some quick broiler, which didn't ruin it at all). I also want to shout out the waiter for his wine recommendation - I would never order such a young Barolo, but he insisted that this house made a more approachable style - it went perfectly with the dinner. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightMTLmenashDined on 8/1/2014The understated welcome is quickly transformed into rooms with perfect lighting and ultra comfy seating. The service was excellent - our perfectly bilingual server ran down the entire menu for us. The highlights of the menu are the surprises: an ultra-fresh sashimi fluke starter that my wife ordered, then unveiling of the "chasse et peche" item in the menu: veal tenderloin with lobster, yummy; "chair et costaud" turned out to be a delectable Kobe steak with mushroom sauce... The wine list was huge! Although no rosé. At dessert we also found out that there is no regular filtered coffee, so I was offered a long Americano which did the job just fine. A Montreal treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lucasDined on 7/31/2014Restaurant does not seem to respect OpenTable policies. Booked a 5.45 reservation. Doors locked when we arrived only to open 5 minutes later with no apologies. Noted while booking, an anaphylactic allergy to pistachios, also reminded them twice during evening. Yet still brought me a dessert riddled with pistachios not mentioned on menu. No apology really from waiter again considering they brought a loaded gun to the table. The least they could of done was comp the estimated one dollar worth food cost of that particular dessert but charged us anyhow upon reordering. Wife's birthday too. Not classy at all considering establishments so called high standards. Pretentious service to say the least. Shame really... Food was very good though.Special Features:
- Very loud, bad service, wrong orderJill4pucciDined on 7/26/2014Duck was good but overly salty, bread unappetizing bad sour dough, but not sure. Got surf & turf due to waiter's mistake; beef flavorless, nice buttery lobster. Took mistaken entree off check & gave us poor quality glass of wine to compensate. Highly overrated & overpriced!Special Features:
- WonderfulSammieLouDined on 7/25/2014We were excited to experience this restaurant as our concierge told us this was one of the best in Montreal. The food is imaginative, beautifully presented. We had the halibut which was really good. Our server was friendly and very capable. It's in le vieux ville in Montreal. It is expensive partly because of the Canadian tax system so be aware if you are not from Canada.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be backliketodineoutxoDined on 7/24/2014It all comes together here, delicious food, special wine list, great atmosphere and outstanding service. We were warmly welcomed and quickly seated. Our server explained the menu, answered our questions, and offered suggestions when asked. Her wine suggestions were a revelation, and one of the reasons we'll be returning is to have another glass of the South African cinsaut which was recommended for the veal and lobster surf and turf. We love a restaurant that backs up their great food with a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flawless ExperiencefatskinnyguyDined on 7/19/2014When I booked this table, all I wanted was a delicious and romantic dinner to celebrate me and my partners anniversary. What we got was Ray. Ray was an unpretentious, friendly, master at service. His timing was impeccable, knowledge masterful, and professionalism superb. The duck foi grois was decadent and delicious. i had the Suckling which was fantastic and my Partner had the hot and solid which was some sort of impossibly magnificent lobster cake. we dine at the finer restaurants in the DC and Baltimore area regularly and this venue beats most if not all we had tried before. Ray was great, but his colleagues all did a fantastic job at making us feel like we were guests of honor. Merci beaucoup!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favourite restaurantBBbunnyDined on 7/18/2014This has got to be the best restaurant in Montreal, I've been here four times now and all four times I was completely blown away by how good their food is. I highly recommend their surf and turf (chasse et peche) which is half a lobster slow cooked in butter and veal filet mignon, honestly, all steak and lobsters should taste like that. It's absolutely cooked to perfection. Their appetizers are always wonderful as well, try their veal sweetbread or fritto misto with snowcrab & avocado salad. Overall such a nice restaurant, quiet and romantic place to go on a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great french cuisinelennxiDined on 7/4/2014Food is absolutely delicious, a bit pricy for relatively small size of food. But we'll, still worth it. Kinda hard to find it from outside, quite hidden. But atmosphere is awesome and service is great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and well composed mealTravBowDined on 7/4/2014Everything I want from a fine dining restaurant! The food was delicious, beautifully composed and creative. The interior of the restaurant, while showing the character of the older buildings of the old port, was charming (though could have used a very small fraction more light). The staff were helpful and very knowledgeable. Great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very French, Very FantasticWestchesterfinediner007Dined on 7/4/2014The food here is to die for, and the service excels. A relatively small menu that the waiter will discuss with you in detail. Cannot wait to get back there!Special Features:
- Excellent foodTmluvtodineDined on 7/3/2014Gourmet dining at its finest. Hats off to the chefs. The food was meticulously presented and the quality of the meat and fish were outstanding. The waitress reccomended the wines for pairing and were right on.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special PlaceDingdangVIPDined on 7/2/2014We went for our wedding anniversary dinner and were not disappointed. Everything was special, from the greeting we had from the maître d' who recognized us from many years ago when he worked at another restaurant to the lovely decor and the fabulous food. Our waiter Gabriel whom we also knew from a previous restaurant helped guide us through the delectable menu and served us with a contagious smile. The hamachi tartare and scallop appetizers were divine, the duck magret and artic char perfection. The addition of a citrusy Sauvignon blanc topped off a superb meal. Not to mention the tempura zucchini flower and crabmeat appetizer that was sent to us compliments of the chef between services. I can not say enough about this terrific evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply amazing food!JCinPAVIPDined on 7/2/2014In an age where it seems so many restaurants are vying for attention with over-the-top dishes and presentation, this was perhaps the best meal we've had in years. The chef puts together fantastic yet subtle dishes where every bite delights. Our server was extremely knowledgeable about both the food and the wine list and recommended a Barolo that complemented both my wife's suckling pig and my lamb chops perfectly. A bit pricey, this (for us) is a special occasion restaurant, but this was on our 25th anniversary trip. If you are in Montreal and a real gourmet, do not miss this wonderful restaurant.Special Features:
- over the topRichmondFoodieVIPDined on 7/2/2014The menu is small, but you will want everything on it. For serious foodies only, and those with hefty wallets. The food was all superb. While the wine list is extensive and impressive, I would have appreciated a larger selection of wines by the glass (only about 4-5 each, white and red).Special Features:
- Fine diningRachachaDined on 7/1/2014This is what you'd expect from a $$$$ fine dining restaurant -- highly garnished food, beautifully presented, excellent service, steep prices. Was disappointed (and surprised) that we had let the restaurant know this was an anniversary special occasion for us, and they said and did nothing -- we expected more from this caliber of restaurant on that front. Would also recommend any future diners to buy the bottle of wine -- the wines by the glass are modest pours, especially for the prices charged.Special Features:
- chasse et pechecriticaleaterDined on 6/25/2014Excellent dinner,great menu with equally good service.Broad wine list heavily oriented to French wines but focused on 'food-friendly'. We ate early, 6pm,and had very leisurely dinner,room almost full and noise level very acceptable for normal conversation over meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior!Dine2niteDined on 6/21/2014The food was absolutely amazing! Fine dining at its best. We had an amazing evening! We will be returning to the restaurant on our next trip to Montreal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2014Excellent food and service. We were annoyed by a drunk couple at the bar that was very noisy.Special Features:
- Totally special eveningMarkRDined on 6/21/2014Can't say quite enough good stuff about this place - we booked, after lots of deliberation, for our third anniversary. I must say, we were not disappointed. The place is elegant, without being stuffy (dark, atmospheric, cozy and with a vaguely elegant 70's boîte-feel). The Maitre D - an unflappably chic lady was flawless in her breakdown of the menu items, highlighting the pros and cons of each. We chose the piglet risotto and scallops as appetizers, the surf and turf and kobe beef as mains and two amazing desserts to finish. This place is spot on for a foodie, romantic dinner. Thoroughly recommended as our favorite of many good meals in Montreal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.