Le Clocher Penché
203, Saint-Joseph Est
Quebec, QC G1K3B1Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Le Clocher Penché
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.clocherpenche.ca/
- Phone: 4186400597
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30 AM - 2:00 PM; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Le Clocher Penché
Le vrai bistro de quartier où vous pourrez déguster une cuisine locale savoureuse, accompagnée d'une carte des vins exceptionnelle. Un personnel amical et expérimenté vous accueillera avec le sourire. Nous travaillons sans cesse à offrir une table qui reflète les qualités humaines inspirées de nos artisans fournisseurs : rigueur, simplicité, générosité et amour du métier. Ce souci de transmettre à travers une cuisine exquise et sans artifice des valeurs qui nous sont chères définit l’expérience unique du Clocher Penché. A quaint neighborhood bistro with an exceptional wine list where you can enjoy savory local cuisine.The friendly and experienced personnel always greet clients with a smile.We are constantly working to provide a table that reflects the human qualities inspired by our craftsmen suppliers: rigor, simplicity, generosity and love of art.This desire to convey through an exquisite cuisine and unpretentious values we hold dear defines the experience of Le Clocher Penché.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Le Clocher Penché reviews from OpenTable diners
- Really good casual restaurant.noneVIPDined on 9/20/2013Really good casual restaurant. Edgy menu and great wines. The staff was really nice and really helpful. We would go back. This may not be the best place for people who want formal dining and traditional food. Everything we ordered was great.Special Features:
- Exceptional Food and ServiceDonnaVIPDined on 9/7/2013The menu descriptions do not do the food justice. The service was attentive and the meal well paced. My angus beef shoulder was melt in your mouth with a delicious sauce and abundance of fresh and well prepared vegetables. Delicious! Will return!Special Features:
- Great mealBryanDined on 9/1/2013Fresh ingredients, fantastic plating. Overall great dining experience!Special Features:
- Horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/30/2013we put an order for our appetizers and our main course. We ate our appetizers and that's when the waiting game begun. After about 30 minutes waiting for our main course I have noticed that the table next to us who came about 30 min after us, received the same main course we ordered. I asked the waiter and he lied by saying that the pork chops takes at least 45 minutes to prepare which is unheard of. The main course finally came after 65 minutes of waiting. After paying for my dinner I decided not to leave a tip and I was confronted by our waitresses what was wrong. I explained what happened she completely ignored what I was telling her and kept talking/demanding tip money. I ended leaving her a tip and left this place feeling I was robbed.
- Changement appréciable à la cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2013Habituellement assez bonne bouffe, on a senti cette fois une belle amélioration du goût des aliments ... Peut-être un nouveau chef qui a préparé le menu habituel ? tres belle expérience culinaire pour des habituésSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!MikanDined on 8/16/2013I had a Arctic char dish to die for. My favorite seafood restaurant in NYC is Le Bernardin, but their fish was even better!! The restaurant itself is very casual and you don't need to dress up to go there. Just bring yourself and enjoy the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchMTGTorontoVIPDined on 8/15/2013This is a terrific restaurant; highly recommended. The room is classic "French Bistro": tight, loud, entertaining, and comfortable. The staff is excellent: knowledgeable, friendly, and attentive without being intrusive. The food is extraordinary: local, creative, authentic, and delicious. We had a wonderful evening and would highly recommend Le Clocher Penche to anyone seeking a top notch dining experience in Quebec City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Toujours Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2013Dès que j'ai des invités en ville, je nous réserve une place au Clocher Penché pour le brunch. La bouffe est excellente à tout coup! Et, avec un renouvellement de certains plats, dépendamment de la saison, il y a toujours quelque chose à essayer. Belle atmosphère et service attentionné (malgré que, des fois, ils sont peut-être trop occupé). C'est certain qu'un beau dimanche matin, il n'y a pas beaucoup d'options qui rivalisent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love it!AudreyDined on 8/10/2013This is one of my favourite restaurants. If you are travelling to Quebec, you must try this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationFoodieUSADined on 8/3/2013We're from the USA and were vacationing in Quebec City. We went here to celebrate my parents' 50th wedding anniversary. The restaurant was recommended to us by a native from the city, and we were very glad she did! This restaurant was outstanding and delicious. It's located in an up and coming neighborhood away from all the tourist-y and overpriced restaurants in the old part of the city. It was well worth the short cab ride.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quebec City dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/29/2013We enjoyed our dining experience at Le Clocher. it was a short walk from our hotel, and in a cute neighborhood.. Knowledgeable waitstaff and attentive to your needs. The foods was fantastic. I had the angus beef,one had the pasta dish with the sausage, the other the stuffed chicken. We each had a dessert, and were not disappointed. They were helpful with the wine list as well. No cozy bar to have a drink prior to dinner, but we went across the street for that. Even though they were busy we were sat on time. As I learned in a few of the restaurants, they are not in a rush. So expect to stay awhile for this wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Très délicieuxWinterdaughterVIPDined on 6/29/2013My daughter and I r here from Virginia for 2 weeks and the food is fantastique ici. Notre serveur était serviable et aimable. C'était un dîner très détendu. Nous avon commandé le poisson Char et le poulet. Les épices étaient parfaits pour nous. Aussi, l.entrée de fromage et fougères de têtes de violon..(fiddlehead ferns?) était fantastique avec le mascarpone. Je peux vous dire que vous ne serez pas déçu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunny Weekday LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/6/2013A favorite on our first day and time in Quebec! Great spot, fabulous food and excellent service! Prix fix meal, with a wonderful selection. Duck, pasta with veal and vegitarian salad with a couple of glasses of rose and white wines. Our Mother loved the ambience and noise level! We would visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorites spot in town!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/29/2013Luv the Cloché penché! Food is great, ambiance and it's in a casual atmosphere. 2 thumbs up!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2013Le clocher penché is my fave brunch spot in the city, the (local) food is always excellent. And with the menu changes every once in a while, you get to try new things whenever you go (in season too!). Again; excellent, excellent food! (prices are reasonable, especially for brunch). The only caveat; you can't go in and expect to be out fast. Not that it's super-slow (service, food preps) but more that it's not super-fast. So, enjoy that extra espresso. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/8/2013Nice enough menu but found the "savoriness" of the dishes far too strong, whether the broth used in the appetizer, the sauce in the main dish, or the sweetness of the dessert. This distracted from the distinctive flavors I was expecting from the dishes' main ingredients (pork, veal, lemon) and made it difficult to enjoy any subtle tones to the food.Special Features:
- Great little bistroOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/4/2013Great food ! service was very good ! it's a great bistro type restaurants ....ı was told it was the best in Quebec city . I didn't try everyone of them but I can say that I believe that it could be the best in Quebec city !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy but good place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2013Great service, good food... maybe too much veggies for the amount of meat... but very delicious. The place is a little bit noisy and the close to eah other, so it would be better for a group dinner than for a romantic night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Très bon resto, ambiance vraimentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/21/2013Très bon resto, ambiance vraiment sympatique mais nous avons attendu 1 heure avant de recevoir notre assiette. C'était un peu long selon moi. Il ne faut vraiment pas être pressé pour aller bruncher!Special Features:
- Worth getting out of Old QuebecJamesDined on 4/13/2013My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our experience at Le Clocher Penché, the food was different from anything we had seen in the Old part of Québec City, which this restaurant is not part of. My wife loved her Bisque de crabe while I savored a Porcelet Ravioli followed by a Macreuse de bœuf, a litle on the rich side, but excellent. The wine list presents an excellent selection. Well Worth and the price will not set you back as much as the restaurants in the old part, which in most cases are over-rated.Special Features:
- A thoroughly enjoyable evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/6/2013A thoroughly enjoyable evening! The cocotte special of a seafood mixture was very tasty and a pleasant surprise from the usual menu. Service was attentive and prompt. The atmosphere was vibrant and lively. I would definitely return to sample more of the menu.Special Features:
- Le meilleur restaurant à Québec. TOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/23/2013Le meilleur restaurant à Québec. The BEST restaurant in Québec city.Special Features:
- Après plusieurs expériencesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/7/2013Après plusieurs expériences pour le déjeuner, nous avons enfin essayé le souper. Le service était impeccable, m'offrant même la possibilité de goûter aux ris de veau qui n'étaient pas sur le menu. Beau choix de vins en importation privée. À reproduire.Special Features:
- A bit disapointed. I'm A loverOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/7/2013A bit disapointed. I'm A lover of the Cloché Penché, but this time I'm not as impressed as per the the past experiences. Maybe I wasn't lucky tonight. I will go back for sure anyway... Service A1 as usual.Special Features:
- A must visit for bistro loversOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/2/2013Energetic, lively, classic bistro. Friendly, efficient, attentive serving staff. Was highly recommended by our old city Auberge hosts and it is well worth the short bus or cab ride (when it's -30 outside). The Cassoulet (for two) was absolutely perfect for a cold winter's evening - extremely tasty and filling - perfect with the bottle of reasonably priced Priorat red. Make sure to reserve before arriving if you only have a couple of days in QC. Looking forward to our next visit ...Special Features:
- A little DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/22/2012We came for a late dinner and was welcomed with a warm, cheerful environment. Being evidently from out of town, the table across from our offer to translate the French menu if we needed assistance. That gesture immediately eased us into a wonderful evening of food and drink. The food and drinks were well crafted and thoughtful. We ordered a clay pot dish of braised duck, sausage and sauerkraut that was quite memorable. The service was personable and easy, like dining with friends at their home. This will definitely be a return trip the next time we are in Quebec City.Special Features:
- it's a beautiful place withPackmanMtlDined on 12/5/2012it's a beautiful place with outstanding and out of the ordinary of good services.Special Features:
- Wow!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/1/2012Quelle belle découverte! Un véritable délice et un incontournable à Québec!Special Features:
- Mavellous local bistroOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/20/2012This is what Quebec is about! Fabulous, noisey, close packed bistro in the newer part of town - but still old! - seated at a tiny table where we were served "hot pheasant" and smoked duck followed by a fantastic ceasar salad with boudin noire and wonderful braised beef. All followed by fine local cheese and accompanied by good wine at good prices. A real genuine experience of food and fun - relax, take it easy and enjoy the boisterous and epicurean Clocher!Special Features:
- We were visiting QC and hadOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2012We were visiting QC and had 3 friends recommend Le Clocher Penche. It exceed our expectations! The food was outstanding and the staff were great!Special Features:
- Un nouveau menu. Des ajoutsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/27/2012Un nouveau menu. Des ajouts de dernière minute selon les arrivages. On nous a offert un carpaccio de cerf tout à fait extraordinaire comme entrée. Pour ma part, le tartare de saumon, très bon. Pour sa part, le porcelet. Si bon le porcelet, qu'il en a redemandé une petite portion pour le dessert. Nous avons aimé la musique qui, pour une fois, n'était pas électronique. Une belle ambiance. Le service professionnel mais néanmoins sympatique. Nous avons beaucoup aimé.Special Features:
- My wife and I had lunch hereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2012My wife and I had lunch here on a recent visit to Quebec City (we live in Boston). It was so good we went back the next day again (we never, ever go to the same restaurant twice when visiting another city in order to try as many different places as we can)!Special Features:
- We loved Le Clocher Penche.BarbDined on 9/29/2012We loved Le Clocher Penche. Drank a fabulous red Sancerre. Ate a salmon tartar appetizer then Artic chair grilled perfectly with miso butter then a wonderful desert that is difficult to describe - small squares of walnut cake with a flan like toppping and a sort of lemon curd on the bottom. Relaxed, casual with a wonderful energy. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- beautiful brunch outside the wallsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/23/2012We arrived harried from our dash across town for brunch - the unassuming sign was easy to miss - steps in the door and we knew we were in a special place. The vibe was lively and happy - and many a bed-head like us was there for some simply terrific food. The servers indulged my clumsy french, but spoke kindly in english to my partner - the staff swapped roles and cared for all in a quiet, competent dance. It's hard to leave the charm of Vieu Quebec, but this gem is absolutely worth it. make reservations and you'll make your day.Special Features:
- Very nice bistro. AuthenticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2012Very nice bistro. Authentic french style, good food, nice wine selection!
- Nicely seasoned carefullyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2012Nicely seasoned carefully prepared food served by knowledgable staff. Well curated wine list. Try the lobster salad.Special Features:
- Second time there - reallyMtlfoodiDined on 8/25/2012Second time there - really excellent. The food is fantastic and reasonably priced, however the wines to start at around $50 a bottle. But would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Philadelphian on holidayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2012This outstanding bistro is out of the tourist area of Quebec requiring a short cab ride from Le Chateau Frontenac. (There is a cab rack a block away, so getting back to the tourist area is simple.) The young staff is warm, friendly and helpful; the menu is inventive and well presented. Probably because we reserved well in advance they had the best table in the room (near a window) reserved for us which I could see on the screen before we even identified our party. We were at table at least two hours and were sorry to leave; we would have cancelled our reservation for the next night (at the Continental!) had they been open on Sunday. Strongly recommended for an informal alternative to the high-end places in the tourist area.Special Features:
- Went there for brunch. PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/18/2012Went there for brunch. Place filled up very quickly. Outstanding food. It did take about 20-25 minutes for my order to come but it was worth the wait. I can't say that they neighborhood is the greatest. It is definitely a diamond in the rough!Special Features:
- Tres bon....sans plusOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2012Bon restaurant, trop peu de variétés sur le menu. l'accompagnement dans l'assiette pourrait etre de plus grande qualité. La piece de boeuf était cependant succulante, la sauce était tres bonne. Je ne suis pas certain que j'y retournerais, il y a tellement de bons restaurant dans la vieille capitaleSpecial Features: